Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic the Hedgehog: Robotnik Wars ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter One
The Arrival
 
 
Robert Hayes sat at his desk and brooded. He had not had a good last day of school. His work had been floundering a bit even though he'd gotten A's and B's and on top of that he'd had a yelling match with his parents, and his brother. Then his computer had crashed, so he had to do all his work again. All in all it had been a crappy day. The expression `wishing a hole would open up and swallow me' kept going through his head. As he brooded, Robert looked around his room and saw his lightsaber on top of his dresser. It was a beautiful weapon, completely made of chrome and glinted in the light from the hall nightlight and Robert could imagine its green blade. Seeing it made him calm done as he practiced a Jedi calming technique. His gaze traveled to his closet. His leather jacket, which he wore to pilot his Gundam mobile suits hung in there and his folded Z warrior uniform sat on the floor in there. The black and dark blue uniform was exactly like the great Saiyan Goku wore. It actually weighed about 100 lbs. but Robert's Super Saiyan strength (when he chose to use it because it was very difficult on this plane of reality), made it feel like nothing.
 
The sight of these objects caused Robert to sigh and he stood up. He decided there was no point in worrying about all of his misfortunes these past few days and sulking about them. He quietly slipped under the covers of his bed and within minutes was fast asleep. The clock on his dresser turned to 12:00 am. It was June 1, 2001. If Robert had been awake he would have noticed that it had gone very quiet in his room. In fact it was so quiet that there was no sound at all. On his room's ceiling there was a tiny glow. The tiny spark sat there, as if glued to the ceiling, glowing brighter… and brighter, beginning to spark and then… it went!
 
A boiling, seething maelstrom of purple-black smoke exploded across the ceiling roaring like a class five hurricane. Jagged mini-lightning bolts left scorch marks and little guttering flames on the wall and floor. A bright white light flooded the room from the center of the ceiling. How Robert slept through it, no one knows. The light shifted onto Robert and he began to float upwards, the covers somehow slipping off and hovered to the center of the room. Everything seemed to suddenly explode. Light was sucked up and everything instantly became as it was, with the exceptions of the scorch marks and the total absence of life in the room.
 
Robert was having a very strange dream. He was walking through grey pea soup fog, trying to find a way out. He saw lights far in the distance, a bright yellow light and a dim shaft of green light. He began to run toward them, faster and faster. Finally he reached the lights and beheld two different visions of himself. One was clad in his Z warrior uniform. It was in Super Saiyan form, spiky gold-blond hair glowing, emerald green eyes glowing without pupils boring into Roberts. The other was wearing an old style Jedi uniform; Robert's ignited lightsaber held in front of it. The Super Saiyan smiled at Robert and powered down. The fog seemed to grow denser without his aura's light. The saiyan walked away and soon become lost in the mists. Robert turned to the Jedi. It lowered the lightsaber, then switched it off and dropped it. With the loss of the saber's light, all was plunged into darkness. As the Jedi strode away, Robert tried to follow him but the darkness enveloped him and he felt like he was falling… falling…
 
A small, black-and-white badger girl dashed through the field, picking flowers. She turned and looked into the sky, as a great thunderclap sounded and seething maelstrom of purple cloud, white light, and jagged lightning literally appeared out of nowhere. She looked into the very eye of the storm and then suddenly another thunderclap sounded like an atomic bomb. All of that huge storm vanished in brilliant flash of light, leaving only a few wisps of purple haze behind. The small animal suddenly screamed and dove aside as a body fell out of the sky and crashed to the ground. The small mammal took one look at the body and screamed. She ran back into the tall woods. The body continued to lie there. Its violent entry into this world didn't seem to have disturbed it.
 
Robert awoke with a violent start. He blinked, mumbled something about a night-light, and tuned over. He sat bolt upright in bed.
“Uh oh.”
He leapt out of the bed that was not his and took in his surroundings. He was in some sort of circular wood hut with a straw thatched roof. It had three circular windows too. Everything about this room was all circles. He looked out one of the windows and saw a line of green leaf trees, probably oak. If memory served, oak didn't grow in Florida. Robert raised his watch to his face, hit the luminous button, and then pressed in a complicated series of button combinations that activated the custom watches GPS tracking.
 
A.M. 12:05
LOC. UNKNOWN/NOT FOUND
 
Then…
 
SAT. COM. FAIL
 
He messed around with the watch for three more minutes without success. Robert snorted and tried to unlock the single, rather small door. Locked. Robert smirked, made a gun with his fingers, and pressed the index against the doorknob.
 
“Bang,” he said but nothing happened. His smirk faded and he began to try again. He pointed his hand at the door but nothing happened. Then he remembered the dream. Now officially panicked, he tried to use the Force to lift a small stool in the room. But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't do it. Now entirely freaked out Robert was about to bust down the door, when it opened and he saw the very last thing in the entire UNIVERSE he expected to see. Princess Sally Acorn stood in the doorway.
 
Princess Sally Acorn stood in the doorway. His shock was comparable to being suddenly shot. His brain literally locked up. He stood there, unwilling to believe what he saw. It was one of those things that the human brain could not comprehend. He nearly fainted right then and there. He finally began to speak but his brain had apparently decided to loop his first word.
 
“What…what…what…what,” he stuttered and he suddenly had a vision of himself as a gaping fish and the ridiculousness of it snapped him back to reality.
 
“Are you…are you Princess Sally Acorn?” he asked as loudly as he could with an uncooperative throat that threatened to break his voice.
 
“Stay back!” snapped Sally leveling some sort of weapon at Robert, “first of all mister I want your name, where you're from and if you know a man named Robotnik!” she said.
 
“Hold on a second! I've just received a major shock here! I mean you're…you're not supposed to exist! You're a character someone made up in a comic book!” It was then that Robert noticed that several item from his room had come here with him, among them some Sonic comics he had been organizing the day before. He picked one up and handed it to her. As she flipped it open, Robert suddenly wished he hadn't picked that one.
 
“How dare you show me something that portrays the fall of Acorn!” she growled.
 
“Here let me explain…” said Robert stepping forward, but Sally yelled,
 
“Stay back!” and zapped him with the weapon causing him to yell in pain.
 
“Listen `Princess',” growled Robert as his panic turned to anger, “ I have no crappin' idea what the hell is going on here, but I swear if you ever do that to me again I will SNAP YOUR HEAD CLEAN OFF!!” he snarled. Sally pulled out a larger weapon, bigger and bulkier, and her gaze turned arctic cold.
 
“You are in no position to make threats mister. Now I suggest that you work on your manners while we decide what to do with you. Unless you're a bit politer, I can't guarantee your safety here,” she said as she backed out of the room.
 
“What are you talking about?” yelled Robert but Sally had already closed and locked the door. Robert looked at his watch again.
 
AM 12:08
LOC. UNKNOWN/NOT FOUND
SAT. COM. FAIL
 
He looked out the window trying to find one familiar constellation, but he couldn't find a single one. Not even good `ole Orion. As the reality of this situation began to settle in, Robert laid down on the bed, different scenarios tumbling through his mind. He had of course traveled through the dimensions before, but those had all been voluntary trips. In fact, now that he looked back on them, he found that his memory had suddenly gone Swiss cheese on him. There were huge gaps were there should have been vibrant memories. With a mind full of holes, and mixed up emotions, Robert felt like he was about to be sick. He curled up and cried himself to sleep for the first time in ten years.