Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ The S.S Aphrodite ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Wow! I've never seen a ship this big!” said Cream, glaring at the gigantic ship.
“Hmmm, how romantic… I'll bet there will be a nice dinner and beautiful music… I'll get Sonic this time!” said Amy to herself.
“Hmm, this is an amazing feat! I wonder how this ship was constructed… it looks as if it was made perfectly out of thin air, I can't wait to get inside and look at the engine room!” rambled Tails.
“Hmm, I don't get what the big deal is about, it's just a stupid ship. It's just something to get us from point A to point B,” said Shadow as he walked to the ship's entrance, leaving the others behind him.
“Hmm, a boat like this only carries the rich and famous… so many jewels fresh for the picking!” said Rouge, practically drooling, following Shadow.
“Oh, no you don't! I'm not letting my eyes off of you, bat girl!” Knuckles yelled, following Rouge.
“Pretty cool, I'll bet this ship is fast… well, not as fast as me, but still!” Sonic strolled into the ship with the others.
The lobby of the ship was huge and extravagant. The ceiling was a dome shape; in the center of it was a gigantic glistening chandelier. A grand staircase that spiraled up into the second floor was made out of mahogany. Little cherubs stood upon the rails. On the far side of the room was a big fireplace and some very fancy, comfortable looking couches. In the center of the room was a platform. Instruments were mysteriously floating above the platform and playing themselves. The music was enchanting.
“Wow, talk about first-class!” said Sonic in awe.
“This place is really beautiful!” said Rouge, looking around the room.
“Yeah…” said Knuckles looking at Rouge.
“Beautiful”
“Why are you staring at me? Do I have something in my teeth?”
“I'm not staring at you, bat girl! I'm looking at how nice the fireplace is behind you!” Knuckles quickly looked away from Rouge, blushing.
“*BEEP* Attention, passengers, may I have your attention, please? Welcome aboard the S.S Aphrodite! This is your Captain speaking… we have now left Pumpkin Ville, and we are now headed towards Pumpkin Isle, we should arrive there in about six hours. To ensure that you have a great time, we have many activities for everyone, such as the grand theater on the third floor, and a library for people who would like to expand their minds. Dinner will be on deck at 5:00. I hope you have a wonderful time on the S.S Aphrodite!”
“So, what do you guys want to do for four hours?” asked Sonic.
“Well, I would like to go to the library, to learn how this ship was made!” said Tails excitedly.
“Hmm, figures… I want to go to the theater! I love plays! Let's go, Sonic!” said Amy, looking at Sonic, infatuated.
“Hmm, I want to stay here and enjoy the atmosphere,” said Rouge looking at the fire.
“Here's an idea, let's all go to the library, then head to the theater, then go to the theater, then eat dinner, and then hang out in the lobby… sound like a plan?” suggested Knuckles.
All of them but Shadow agreed with him.
“Hmm, I'd rather be alone… I'm going to find someplace quiet,” said Shadow, walking away.
“Fine, spoil sport! Come on, guys! Let's go to the library!” said Sonic, walking towards the grand staircase, the others followed behind him.
They walked up the stairs, read the sign that said: Library this way, and turned left.
“Wow! Look at how many books there are!” said Tails, mouth opened wide.
He ran over to one of the many shelves and grabbed a book titled: The History of the S.S Aphrodite. He opened the book and started reading aloud.
“Table of Contents: Part one: The S.S Aphrodite and her sister ships, Part two: The Maiden Voyage. Part three: Secrets of the Ship, Part four: The Pumpkin Isle. Hmm, we might as well start with part one…
Gregory T. Weiss. October 31st, human year 1913.
`For a very long while, there was no way to get from the beautiful burg of Pumpkin Ville to the Pumpkin Isle. It was simply imposable, even for the swimming and the flying creatures. So, my colleagues and I sought to build a ship. The ship would be perfect in every way. It would be very luxurious and very safe. We would have an extravagant lobby, a library filled with as many subjects as one could think of, a grand theater, where the most famous plays in both the human world and ours, and we would have delicious cuisine made by the most famous chefs.
Hearing of the tragedy that struck the human world's ship, the Titanic, we will make sure to put enough lifeboats to ensure safety to all of our passengers. Although the chances of the ship sinking in just a six hour voyage is very slim, I want to insure that no one will meet a watery fate on my account!'
October 31st, human year 1916.
`We have finally built the ship that will take passengers from Pumpkin Ville to the Pumpkin Isle! We have been thinking of a name for the ship ever since we started building it, and we have decided to call it the S.S Aphrodite for her beauty and power. Her maiden voyage will take place in two weeks, and I am very anxious. I hope all goes well!'
The S.S Aphrodite has two sister ships. My very good friend, Friedrich R. Schwarz and his colleagues built the S.S Hydra. The S.S Hydra departs from the Dark Docks and arrives at Crescent-Moon City. The ship is called the S.S Hydra for its great power, speed, and defense from the powerful creatures that dwell in the dark sea. My other good friend Ursula P. Pfeifer and her colleagues built the S.S Hermes. The S.S Hermes departs from Free-moon village to the Mystic Ruins in the human world. The S.S Hermes is so called because it is a sort of messenger from one world to the other.'
Part two: The Maiden Voyage
Diary of Brenda Kensington of Pumpkin Ville:
November 14th, human year 1916.
`This is by far the best ship I have ever been on! The library had many books, ranging from spell books to poetry. The Theater produced a human play called Romeo and Juliet, oh, it was very sad…but a very good play nonetheless! The food was spectacular! I had Mole Brain salad with a very tasty dressing! Our destination was the Pumpkin Isle. That was the only disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the beach was very nice, and the air was crisp and fresh, but that was the only place we were aloud to go! The forest was off limits, because of the many evil and wild creatures that dwelled in it, plus the Pumpkin Isle was the dwelling place of the Pumpkin Master…and his fortress is still standing! Anyway, they are going to put a luxury hotel right on the beach… so I am planning to come back!'
Diary of Merriam Witchmoor of Crescent Moon Village:
`November 14th, human year 1916.
The S.S Aphrodite is quite a spectacle! I came a long way from home, but coming on this ship was well worth it! The food was great, the theater was intriguing, and the lobby was exilant! Most of the time I sat on the couch, warm by the fire, chatting with other travelers. The Pumpkin Isle was nice and warm, and they even have plans of building a luxury hotel! I cannot wait until it's built!'
Part three: Secrets of the Ship:
Gregory T. Weiss. June 6th, human year 1917.
`Unknown to many people, the S.S Aphrodite has many secrets. I shall keep most of these secrets to myself until my death…but I will share three of them. One secret lies behind the fireplace… and elevator that leads to the bottom of the ship. There is a secret room with seven doors. If you happen to find the right one, then you will be rewarded with an ancient and valuable item. Choose the wrong one, you will find yourself back in the lobby with no memories of you fining the room. Another secret lies in the library. Among the shelves is a hollow book; there is a button in that book. The button will trigger the shelf to move, it will reveal yet another hidden room. The room contains one shelf of books. Those books are very rare spell books, potion books, and creature identification books. One last secret I will share, it lies in the theater, on the wall backstage, the one that has the mural on it. It takes a very well-trained solver of riddles to find this hidden room.'
Part four: The Pumpkin Isle.
Writer unknown. Date Unknown.
`Pumpkin Isle is a dangerous spot of land. Its forest is filled with many dangerous creatures and traps still in place from the Pumpkin Master. The Pumpkin Mountain that is in the center of the island was once the Pumpkin Master's fortress, it is well protected. If anyone ever enters the forest, they won't come out alive. The only safe place on the island is the beach. Gregory Weiss and his colleagues are planning to build a hotel on the beach. I myself think this is unwise. If a hotel is built on the Pumpkin Isle, its guests will become curious and venture into the forest… placing themselves in extreme danger.'”
 
“*BEEP* Attention, Passengers! Dinner will be in five minutes! Please head towards the deck!”
“Oh, no! We stayed here for so long, that we missed the theater production!” said Amy, disappointed.
“Oh, well, at least we had a nice history lesson! Well, let's go up on deck! I'm starving!” said Sonic. They all left the library and headed for the deck.