Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ Attack of the Basilisk ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Attention, passengers, we have now arrived at the Pumpkin Isle, please stay on the beach resort, do not venture into the jungle, there are many dangers!” said the intercom as everyone was leaving the ship.
“So, what were you gonna ask me?” Rouge asked Knuckles.
“Uh, nothing important…”
“Hmm, ok…”
“Wow, this is one strange island!” said Amy looking at the island.
It had a huge beach with a five star hotel, and past the beach, a lush, dense jungle. In the distance was an evil looking pumpkin-shaped mountain.
“That must be the Pumpkin Master's lair, well, I guess we have to go into the jungle, let's go!” yelled Sonic heading toward the jungle (totally ignoring the Warning sign).
The sun was sealed off by trees the second they walked into the jungle. Strange and beautiful plants surrounded them. An emerald-green vine twisted around the trees had very dark purple flowers with needle-like things on them. Flowers that looked like they were made from crystal trailed along the jungle bed.
They walked and walked for what seemed like hours. When they finally reached an opening where they could finally see the sun, they heard a strange noise. The noise slowly got louder and louder, then all of a sudden, Rouge started to scream.
“Aah!!! let me go!!! Help!”
They all turned around and saw that a huge, black snake with glowing red eyes had Rouge in its grasp.
“LET HER GO, NOW! OR I'LL TAKE YOU DOWN!” yelled Knuckles in a blind rage.
“Hissssssssssss!!!!!!” screeched the snake as it squeezed Rouge tighter.
“AAAHHHH!!! H-h-h-e-l-p m-e… I c-an't b-r-e-a-t-h…” said Rouge as she started to pass out.
“NO! GRRRRRRRAAAAHHHH!!!!!”
Knuckles all of a sudden jumped up and hit the snake hard in the head. It flew back and whipped Knuckles and he flew back and slammed hard against a tree.
“OOPH!”
Rouge got up and saw Knuckles lying on the ground.
“Knuckles!”
Rouge ran over and helped him up.
“Knuckles… why did you do that?”
“Because, I couldn't let that big snake hurt you…”
“Thank you, for saving me…”
“Any time”
“Hey, guys! Come on! We need to get a move on!” yelled Sonic.
“Sonic, I'm tired! Can't we take a break?” complained Amy.
“I'm tired, too!” said Cream.
“I'm kinda tired, too!” said Tails.
“Alright, I guess we can crash for the night-er day- what ever! Let's just find a safe place to sleep where the sun isn't in our eyes. They all headed toward a path where the trees blocked out the sun and started to go to sleep…
Our heroes still don't know how to beat the Pumpkin Master, and what will he have in store for them while they sleep?