Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Evil descends onto Angel Island ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bojack flew through the night sky, toward Angle Island. He smiled, “Ah! So that where the Master Emerald lies. The elders were right to hide it from me, but now I will make it mine.” He landed on the edge of the island. He stood still for a moment and shook his head as dizziness overcame his mind, “My powers are still weak. I better wait to fully restore my powers, before I try for the emerald.” He closed his eyes and reached out with his mind. He smiled, “There is a powerful person on this island. I will add his power to my own. “ Bojack looked down at his clothes. The traveler outfit was dusty and torn. “But first I think I will get some new clothes.” He walked in to the Mushroom Forest, toward Echidnaopolis. As he entered the city limits, he spotted a clothing store, “Bingo.”

The entrance of the squirrel with the sword surprised the echidna at the desk in the clothing store. He stood up and went to greet the new costumer, “ Welcome to Leon’s Tailors. How can I assist you?”

The squirrel looked around, “I need a fighting suit, that also looks good. I deserve only the finniest you carry.”

The echidna bowed, “Yes sir. I think we have just the thing.” He lead Bojack to the fitting room and gave him a box, “I think this is perfect for you sir.”

Bojack’s red eyes went from the box to the echidna, “Will see.” He went into the fitting room. After a few minutes, Bojack exited the fitting room and went to a mirror. The suit consisted of a black jumpsuit, red boots, a red belt, and red gloves.

The echidna stepped up, “What do you think?”

Bojack picked up his sword and pointed to a pile of leather. A beam of energy shot out of the sword and turned the pile of leather in to a sword sheath. He strapped it over his shoulder and put the sword in it, “ It is sufficient!”

The echidna shook off the surprise of the sheath’s creation, “I glad you like it.” The echidna walked to the register, “So how will you be paying? Cash, check, or charge.”

Bojack’s eyes glowed. He raised his right hand and pointed his palm at the echidna, “Here is your payment.” Red energy shot out of Bojack’s hand. It slammed into the echidna and slammed him into a wall. The echidna slumped to the ground. Bojack smiled, “Keep the change.” He walked out of the store. It was late and there were few people about the city. Making sure he locked the door, Bojack left the area to the Mushroom Forest, “The body should remain hidden until tomorrow. I better make sure to get what I need soon.” He reached out with his mind, “The powerful one is far, but there is another nearby. He will do for starters!”

_______________________________________________________ _______________________

Julie-su sighed as she sat down on a tree stump. The four echidna trainees that were with her just stood next to her in their combat armor. Julie-su shook her head, “Take a break!”

“Yes Sir!” The echidnas took off their helmets and broke apart. A blue one named Jared leaned against a tree and lit up a cigarette. A pink echidna named Rita and a green one named Rick flirted with each other near a small brook. The last one a red female named Leda sat down against a tree and checked her laser rifle.

Finally!’ The last thing Julie-su wanted to do was to lead a squad of trainees on a stupid patrol round, but the constable was instance and Knuckles said it would look good on her record. ‘Screw the record, these guys are really bugging me.’ Jared winked at her as he finished his cigarette. He started to walk over to her, but she placed her hand on her blaster pistol and switched the safety off. The echidna got the idea and stepped back. He went toward Leda, but she gave him a similar ultimatum. Julie smiled, ‘At least one of them has potential.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Espio the Chameleon walked through the Mushroom Forest looking for the others. The Mushroom Forest consisted of a few trees and giant mushroom every where. As he looked around, Espio’s blue eyes caught something out the corner of his eyes. Espio activated his camouflage ability. He virtually disappeared. He looked around. After a few minutes, Espio gave up, “Must have been my imagination.” He deactivated his camouflage. As he was about to search for his friends again, someone blindsided him and slammed him into a tree. Espio looked up and saw a gray squirrel standing over him, “Who are you? What do you want?”

The squirrel laughed, “I am the great Bojack. I have use for your camouflage ability.”

The purple chameleon stood up, “What are you talking about?”

Bojack drew his sword, “You’ll see.” He pointed the sword at Espio and a beam of red energy shot out. It caught Espio in the chest and sent him flying. Espio bounced off a giant mushroom and landed on the ground. In one jump, Bojack landed next to Espio. Espio tried to get up, but Bojack slammed the hilt of his sword into Espio’s face. Espio fell to the ground, out cold. Bojack pointed the tip of his sword at Espio. A multi colored beam shot out and enveloped Espio. With a flash of multi colored light, the chameleon turned into a fist size Chaos Emerald. Bojack re- sheathed his sword and picked up the purple emerald. He laughed, “One down. Six to go.” The emerald flashed and entered Bojack’s body. He arched his back and cried out as Espio’s energy followed through him. His eyes flashed purple and returned to being red. Bojack stretched his arms out, “Damn that felt good! Not as much energy I would have liked, but it will do!” He activated his new camouflage ability and looked into a small pool of water, “Excellent!” He de-cloaked, “This ability is perfect!” He closed his eyes and reached out to the surrounding areas, “Ah the two powerful ones are still here. Hopefully they will increase my power enough to go after the Master Emerald.” His eyes flashed purple and he transformed into Espio. The chameleon chuckled as he walked deeper into the forest.

________________________________________________________________ ______________

Julie-su jumped up from her sitting position, “Let’s move on!” As the group stood in attention, a loud rustling came from the bushes near Rita and Rick. The four trainees aimed their rifles and Julie-su drew her pistol, “Show yourself!”

“If you wish.” The voice was cold and dark.

The pink echidna’s eyes widened, ‘Not him!’ She ran toward the trainees, “Retreat!” Before they could move the bushes exploded and blasted the group to the ground. Rick and Leda were the first to their feet, but Julie-su jumped up in front of them, “Run!”

“Why?” Jared had the lets go get him look. A green hedgehog with dark sunglasses stepped from the burning bushes. Dressed in black boots and combat armor. He wore a crimson trench coat. All four of the trainees gulped.

“Sperk!” Julie-su knew this hedgehog well. A very well known bounty hunter he had been around for longer than she could remember. He inspired fear and despair to anyone he encountered. She had seen him when she was a little girl, but he hadn’t age a day. He barely looked over twenty. She spotted a dingo tied up a few feet behind the bounty hunter. Julie put on her game face and aimed her gun at his heart, “Your were told to stay off the island. Leave the dingo and leave the island!”

Sperk glanced at his prize, “He has been a very naughty boy. He backed out on a gun deal with some Overlanders.”

“Then we will deal with him. You have no right to take him!” Even with those sunglasses, she knew he saw her as clear as day.

“Yeah!” Rita stepped forward, “Get lost!”

Sperk chuckled, “You are amusing. Maybe I won’t kill all of you after all.”

Jared fired his rifle, “You’re the only one who is going to be dead.” Before the energy bolt even got close to Sperk, the hedgehog ducked down and blasted forward with incredible speed. He stopped behind Jared and put him in a headlock. The other spun around with their weapons.

Sperk chuckled as Jared gasped for air, “You are either very brave or very foolish, but either way you’re a dead man!”

Before he could break the guys neck, Leda stepped forward and dropped her rifle, “Just let him go! Just take your bounty and leave! There isn’t a need for anyone to die.” Julie-su fought the instinct to yell at her. She knew it was the only way.

Sperk face seemed to soften up for a few seconds, before returning to its cold exterior, “I guess I can be merciful.” He released Jared and the echidna rolled away taking deep breaths.

“Thanks!” Leda’s hand shot to her hip holster and she drew her pistol. Sperk didn’t even reacted as she drew it and fired. The bullet hit Sperk square in the chest and the hedgehog hit the ground. It took the rest of the echidna’s a few to recover from the shock of the scene. No matter of armor could withstand a direct shot from one of their pistols.

Rick chuckled and patted Leda on the shoulder, “Nice shot!” He kicked the fallen Sperk in the ribs, “You just made history! The famous Sperk shot dead by a trainee.”

A chuckling sound erupted from Sperk, “Or trainee shot by Sperk!” Sperk leapt to his feet and grabbed Rick, “Die!” He tossed Rick into Rita and Jared. As Julie-su and Leda took aim, a bright light flashed from his belt buckle. It blinded everyone. As their vision cleared, Sperk, the dingo, and their weapons were gone.

Julie-su cursed, “I’m going to get that guy!”

____________________________________________________________ __________________

Knuckles the Echidna landed in a clearing near the Mushroom Forest and looked around. Nothing as usual. His patrol had become more of a ritual than an actual job. The Master Emerald had more than enough guards in Echidnaopolis, but he is the guardian, this is his job, his life, and his legacy. The red echidna looked around the surrounding area one more time, “Nothing here as usual.” He sighed in boredom and walked to a near by giant mushroom. The plan was simple, jump on the mushroom, and get high into the air and glide to the next area. As Knuckles was about to jump on the mushroom, he was slammed into the ground. Knuckles quickly recovered and flipped to his feet. Knuckles looked around franticly, “What happen?” A mocking laugh sounded out from the mushroom. Knuckles’s purple eyes locked onto the mushroom. Espio appeared on top of it. He jumped down, in front of Knuckles. Knuckles stepped back in shock, “Espio! Why did you do that?”

The chameleon laughed, “Sorry. I am afraid you got me mixed up with someone else.”

Before Knuckles could respond, the chameleon punched Knuckles right into the face. Knuckles flew back a few feet and landed hard on the ground. The chameleon drew his sword, “My name is Bojack.” He pointed the sword at Knuckles, “I hope fighting you will give me more sport. Your chameleon friend was too easy.”

Knuckles stood up, “What did you do to Espio?”

Bojack smiled, “Where do you think I got my new body?” Knuckles rushed Bojack with a fury of punches, Knuckles was a great fighter, but with Espio’s agility, Bojack was able to avoid each attack. Knuckles threw a right hook, but Bojack ducked it and drove his palm into Knuckles’s neck. Knuckles fell down, struggling to breathe. Bojack laughed, “It only took my right hand to take you down.” He tossed his sword from one hand to the other, “Didn’t even have to use my sword.”

Knuckles smiled, “ I ain’t done yet.” Knuckles swept his left foot up and knocked Bojack down. The sword flew out of Bojack’s hand and landed a few feet away. Knuckles jumped up, “It is going to take more than a cheap shot to take me down.”

Bojack rose to his feet, “ Maybe. But the game isn’t over.” Bojack tried a spinning kick, but Knuckles caught it and pushed him down. Bojack cursed and jumped up. As he got to his feet, Knuckles punched him back down. Knuckles smiled, “With out your sword, you can’t fight.” Bojack pointed his right palm at Knuckles, “Maybe. But then again!” A red beam shot out and slammed in to Knuckles’s chest. Knuckles was slammed into the air and hit a tree so hard it fell over. Bojack stood up and wiped some blood from his mouth. He turned and walked to his sword. As he was about to pick it up,

Knuckles yelled out. Bojack turned to see Knuckles standing with his right fist pointed toward him, “Thunder Arrow!” A bolt of green lightning shot out of Knuckles’s fist and hit Bojack in the chest. Bojack flew through the air, bounced of a giant mushroom, and fell to the ground. Knuckles fell to the ground on one knee; he was breathing hard, “Hard to use that move with out a Chaos Emerald.” Knuckles stood up and walked to the sword, “Now what is so special about this sword?” He bent and grasped the handle. Black bolts of energy shot out and attacked Knuckles. The bolts shot in and out of his body. Knuckles was blasted back and hit the ground hard. Knuckles managed to look up and see Bojack pick up the sword.

He walked over to Knuckles with a slight limp, “You see. Don’t you see? You can’t win.” He kicked Knuckles in the face with his good left leg. Knuckles was knocked cold. Bojack smiled, “Now for your power.” He pointed a finger at Knuckles. A multi color beam shot out and turned Knuckles into a red Chaos Emerald. Bojack picked it up and absorbed it. In flash of red light, Bojack turned into Knuckles He laughed, “Now the guardian’s powers and abilities are mine.” He heard an explosion in the distance, “Ah the other one!”