Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Bojack vs Sperk ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Julie-su lead Leda and Rick in a search for Sperk. Jared and Rita had been sent back to report to HQ. Sperk had managed to steal all most all of their weapons, but Julie had managed to keep a small pistol in the one place that hedgehog couldn’t get to. The others were stuck with their combat knives. As Julie walked into a small clearing, Rick sighed, “This is stupid! He kicked our buts when we had weaponry. What good are we going to do with these?”

“Feel free to go back at anytime.”

Jared shrugged, “Fine! I like living!” Jared ran into the forest back toward the city.

“I’ll get him!”

Leda wisely stayed quiet as she followed Julie. A brush started to rustle and Julie spun around and shot at it. Knuckles slowly walked out of the bush with his hands up, “Whatever I did, I’m sorry!”

Julie managed to smile, “Sorry Knuckles! I thought you were Sperk!”

“I see!” Bojack hadn’t a clue who Sperk was, but he decided to try stealth until his power had returned. He wished he had time to scan the memories of Knuckles, but he was sure he could pass off his deception, “So how was your night before Sperk showed up?”

“I’ve had better. Sorry I had to cancel our dinner date.”

Leda slowly stepped back and out of sight, ‘No need to eavesdrop.

Bojack chuckled under his breath, ‘I guess I have enough strength to cast a simple illusion spell.’ He mumbled some words and waved his hand. Before Julie-su could ask what he was doing, she was surrounded in a purple and pink mist. Knuckles slipped off his gloves and walked up to Julie, “It has been awhile! I must not waste this!” Julie-su tried to talk, but the warmth of the mist quickly enveloped her mind.

__________________________________________________________________ ____________

Leda quietly waited under a tree for almost hour, “This has to be the worst training session I have ever taken. I would go and find out if they were done, but I really don’t need to get involved with that!” She stood up and brushed off her uniform, “But I have to do something!”

“Want to try and shoot me again?” Sperk walked into view. Leda froze as he walked up to her. He held her chin in his hand, “No one has ever got that close to killing me. Take care of yourself! There are monsters in this world!”

“How can you be so sure?”

He kissed her lightly on the lips, “Evil knows evil!” Sperk jumped backed into the shadows and vanished.

Leda took a few breaths and shook off the shock of what happened, “Damn!” She walked off to find Knuckles and Julie.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________

Bojack left the half-naked and half-unconscious Julie behind some bushes. He stretched his arms and back out, “Damn that was good!” He returned to his squirrel form, “A little to good!”

“Oh my god!”

Bojack spun around to see Leda walk up, “Darn!”

Leda’s grip on her knife tightened, “What are you?”

Bojack smiled, “Just a sprit of a long dead warlord!” He quickly looked Leda’s body over, “You’re quite attractive, I guess I have another round in me!”

“Just try it!”

Bojack shrugged and disappeared. He reappeared behind her and slapped her down. He stepped on her hand and caused her to drop the knife. He pinned her down, “You said try.”

“Get off of me!”

“Not until I’m done!”

“Your done!” A strong hand grabbed the back of Bojack’s outfit and he was tossed him off Leda. Sperk stepped in-between the echidna and the squirrel, “Sorry, but if anyone is doing that to this one, its me!”

“Thanks!” Leda had an annoyed look on her face. She spotted Julie’s foot sticking out from a few bushes and she ran over. Neither Sperk nor Bojack took notice.

Bojack gulped a little, ‘Damn the aura coming off this guy is huge. But this power, I have sensed this before.’ Bojack stepped back, ‘I haven’t gain full power over these bodies or my magic. I better be very careful about this.

Sperk glared at Bojack through his sunglasses. The night vision lenses gave him a clear picture, “You mind telling me who you are before I rip your throat out.”

“My name is Bojack! I was ruler of a vast empire two thousand years ago.” He transformed into Espio, “I guess your that Sperk fellow the pink one was talking about.”

“I am!”

Bojack bowed, “Well it is a pleasure to meet you. I think you and I will get along fine!”

Sperk raised an eyebrow, “You know I am going to kill you, right?”

“Not when you become a part of me. Your power will be an excellent addition to mine!” He vanished. Sperk simply stood silently for a few, then bent down and rammed his foot upward. It connected with Bojack’s jaw and the chameleon fell back. He returned to his squirrel form, “What the hell?”

Sperk chuckled, “No one can sneak up on me! I was trained as an assassin and bounty hunter.”

Bojack transformed into Knuckles, “Then I’ll try brute force.” Bojack went at Sperk with every move he could think of, but Sperk easily dodged each punch and grabbed one of his wrists. He rammed his fist into Bojack’s gut and flung him to the ground. Bojack found to his disarray that Sperk had two sharp spurs on each fist like Knuckles, “What are you?”

“I was Robotnik’s answer to defeat Knuckles and the hedgehog, but I escaped and free to do, as I like.”

Bojack slowly stood up, “So you’re nothing more than a construct. Some living creation.”

Sperk sighed, “I was born all right. Robotnik just did some enhancements.” Sperk leapt forward and kicked Bojack out of the clearing and into the forest, “You may look like Knuckles, but you certainly don’t have his abilities.”

Bojack whipped the blood he had coughed up off his face, ‘I used too much energy on Knuckles. I can’t win this fight.’ He drew his sword and shoved it into the ground, “I have enough power to cast one more spell. If only he would hold still.”

Sperk drew his gold gun and took aim at Bojack, “Time to end this.”

Before he could pull the trigger, Mighty blasted out of the forest and curled into a ball. He slammed into Sperk’s back and sent him careening into a tree. Before Sperk could recover, Vector picked him up and tossed him into the center of the clearing. Bojack chuckled, ‘Fools!’ He placed his hands onto the handle of the sword and black energy shot into the ground.

Sperk sneered at the armadillo and croc, “You fools!” He drew his silver blaster and trained both guns onto the pair. Before anyone could move, thick green thorny vines shot from the ground and wrapped around Sperk. “What the hell?” He fired his blasters several times, but the vines curled around him and formed a ball. A loud snapping sound filled the forest as the vines coiled and hardened.

Bojack stepped out of the forest, “Got him!”

Vector looked at the ball of vines that was suspended in the air, “That is new! Where did you learn that one rad red?”

Bojack tried to come up with an answer, but Leda helped Julie-su into the clearing. She had been wrapped up in Leda’s jacket, “He isn’t Knuckles!”

Mighty looked from Julie to Knuckles, “You’re kidding.”

“No! He is a fake!”

Bojack gulped as both Mighty and Vector looked at him with piercing eyes, “She is obviously not in her right mind! Why should you believe her?”

“Your not Knuckles!” Mighty tightened his fist.

Bojack quickly turned heel and ran. He picked up his sword and returned it to its sheath. Vector and Mighty gave chase, but Bojack managed to reach the edge of the island and jump. His dreadlocks opened instinctively and he started to glide, “Maybe next time!” He glided out of view.

Vector kicked the dirt, “Damn!”

Back at the clearing, Sperk exploded out of the vines and landed on the ground. Thorns were stuck in his armor and coat. Julie and Leda watched quietly as he pulled the thorns out. Several drops of blood dripped from where the thrones had scored a hit. Sperk glanced at the two echidnas, “Don’t think this means I’m on your side.” He winked at Leda, “See you latter!” Sperk ran in the direction that Bojack had. He ran past Vector and Mighty and jumped. His quills opened up and he started to glide. A black combat ship flew next to him and he got in. Its engines fired up and shot away.

Vector patted Mighty’s shoulder, “This place just won’t stay quiet.”

“No kidding.”

________________________________________________________ ______________________

Bojack crash landed in a lightly wooded area on the planet’s surface, “That was too close!” He sat cross-legged, “I better prepare myself for the next one.” He closed his eyes and probed the minds of Knuckles and Espio.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________