Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Infiltration of Station Square ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Julie-su sat at around table in Knuckles hut. The guardian preferred to live far from the city. Vector, Mighty, Charmy, and Leda sat with her. Julie-su hadn’t told the echidna why she was invited to The Chaotix’s meeting, but she figured she'd find out. Julie glanced around the table a few times, “So we need to find out who this shaper shifter is and what he did to Knuckles and Espio. Leda!” Leda snapped to attention, “Please tell us what you heard before Sperk intervened.”

Leda nodded, “He said he was a sprit of a warlord. He also told Sperk his name was Bojack and he was over two thousand years old.”

“Anything else?”

Leda scratched her head, “He said something weird about absorbing Sperk. That was all I heard before the fighting started.”

Mighty nodded, “He could have absorbed our friends somehow. It would explain a lot.”

“But if that is the case, how do we save them?” Charmy voice was full of concern.

Julie-su stood up, “The Constable can’t take action without proof. So we’ll have to. Mighty and Vector will go to Knothole and tell Sonic. Charmy and me will go to Station Square to get Shadow. If this guy is absorbing people, he will most likely go for the strongest ones.”

Vector shrugged, “But how do we know if he is going after them?”

“We don’t! But we’ll need their help anyway.” Everyone nodded and the boys left the hut and left the girls alone. Leda gulped a little as Julie starred at her, “I need your help as well.”

“For what? I’m just a trainee.”

“Drop the act! Your actions last night proved that you’re hiding something. You fired that pistol a little to well. And the fact Sperk came to your rescue and left you alone in his attack tells me you know him somehow.”

Leda tried to smile and slowly stood up, “That is crazy! He is a cold-blooded murder. Crying children grow silent at the mention of his name. He just wants to screw me!”

Julie drew her pistol and aimed it at Leda, “You’re lying! Tell me what is your connection to Sperk. That guy has a lot to answer for.”

Whatever naivety Leda had faded away and she stood tall, “I wouldn’t pull that trigger. Sperk isn’t known to be nice to those who anger him.”

“You know him!”

“I won’t betray him!”

Julie sighed and re-holstered her pistol, “You his girlfriend or something?” Leda looked to the floor with a sadden look in her face. “He dumped you didn’t he?”

“No!” Leda hugged herself.

“Beat you?” Julie-su walked over to her, “Abused you?” Leda remained silent either afraid or embarrassed to say anything. Julie managed a small smile, “Well your no spy, but I need to know your connection to him.”

“We were lovers!” Leda burst into tears and ran out of the hut.

___________________________________________________________________ ___________

Bojack’s eyes opened and he stood up, “That was invigorating!” He tightened his fists, “All that they knew is now mine.” He floated into the air, “And my powers are back to full.” He shot into the sky, “Station Square, here I come!”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

Sperk brooded in his command chair of his ship. He was covered in bandages as he waited for his wounds to heal enough to leave the floor of the ocean. He hated to be weakened and he hated having to hide. The hedgehog stood up and walked to his cabin. He picked up the picture of Leda next to his bed, “My one weakness.” He placed the picture down, “I have to eliminate that Bojack guy and then I will deal with Leda! I refuse to be weak again!”

__________________________________________________________ ____________________

Bojack landed at the edge of the city. He looked around the city, “Such a grand city! Even my empire didn’t have such beauty. The memories of Knuckles hardly does it credit. As he walked around, Bojack saw a black hedgehog jump from one roof to the other. Bojack smiled, “Ah there you are.” Bojack transformed into Knuckles and slammed his pointed knuckles into the wall of a building and climbed up it. He spotted the black hedgehog jumping to another building. He smiled, activated his camouflage ability and started to sneak up on the hedgehog.

Shadow walked to the edge of the ten-story apartment building and looked around the city. He looked to the east. The sun was bright in the sky. He smiled, “Another quiet day. Guess I’ll turn in.” Shadow preferred to sleep during the day. Before Shadow could head home, something grabbed his neck and flung him into the flat roof of the building. Shadow stood up as Bojack de-activated his camouflage.

The echidna smiled, “Well Well. The mighty Shadow the Hedgehog. I have come for your power.”

Shadow glared at his opponent, “Knuckles? What in the hell is wrong with you?” Bojack’s response was to punch Shadow hard in the face. Shadow flew through the air and landed on the edge of the building. The black hedgehog had barely enough time to look up before the echidna jumped and landed on him. The echidna slammed his right foot onto Shadow’s neck. He pushed only enough to keep Shadow in check.

Bojack pulled out his sword and pointed it at Shadow, he returned to his squirrel form, “My name is Bojack. I’m glad you hesitated now your life is mine.” Before Bojack could activate his sword, Shadow vanished in a flash of green light. “What?” Bojack yelled. As Bojack looked around, Shadow jumped kicked him in the back. Bojack was thrown from the building and landed on the one next to it. He quickly got up and turned to face Shadow.

The black hedgehog was tossing a green Chaos Emerald in one hand, “You may have had the upper hand at the start, but you just surprised me.” Shadow pointed the emerald at Bojack, “Now I am going to take you down.” The emerald flashed green. Shadow yelled, ”Chaos Spear!” Several yellow energy bolts shot out of the emerald aimed at Bojack. Bojack didn’t have time to react. The bolts hit Bojack with huge force. Bojack was blown from the roof and landed hard on the ground. Bojack rose to his feet. A car turned from behind the corner and was about to hit him. With one slash, Bojack sliced the car in two. The driver managed to jump out of his half of the car before it exploded. People were appearing everywhere after hearing the explosions. Bojack got an idea as Shadow appeared on the roof above. With one swipe of the sword, a blade of energy appeared and blasted part of a near by building. Rubble started to rain down on some people below. Shadow clutched his emerald, “Chaos Control!” Shadow warped from the top of the building to below the rubble. He managed to push everyone out of the way, before the rubble hit him. Everybody gasped as Bojack walked to the rubble. Shadow managed to pull himself out of the rubble. He could barely stand. He was cut and bleeding almost everywhere.

Bojack laughed, “I guess your weak enough to capture. As he raised his sword, someone flew out of the sky and delivered a kick to Bojack’s right cheek. Bojack fell to the ground. He looked up. A white furred bat stood in front of him.

Her aqua eyes focused on Bojack. She held up a Chaos Emerald, “Black Wave!” A black wave shot out of the emerald and blew Bojack along the ground and into a parked car. It exploded. The bat ran to Shadow and helped him up.

Shadow looked at her, “Rouge? Is that you?”

Rouge smiled, “Yes.”

Before she could move him, Bojack burst out of the flaming car. His clothes were singed and burnt, but there wasn’t a mark on the squirrel, “Bad mistake my dear.” Black bolts of energy shot out of his sword and ran through Rouge. She was blasted back and her head hit hard on some rubble. She passed out.

“Rouge!” Shadow yelled. Shadow turned to face Bojack. Bojack sprinted the distance in one second and slammed right into Shadow. Shadow fell to the ground next to Rouge.

Bojack laughed, “ Two for the price of one.” He pointed his sword and turned both Shadow and Rouge into emeralds. Bojack absorbed both of them. He fell to the ground screaming as energy followed through him. When it was over, Bojack rose to his feet laughing, “Not bad. Not bad at all.” He re-sheathed his sword and looked around. People were staring at him. Bojack shot into the sky. “Shadow’s chaos powers are amazing.” He held his hands up, “Now to delete the memories from these fools.” A black sphere appeared in his hands, “Forget!” The sphere exploded and a black shockwave flew through the city. Bojack transformed into Shadow and landed on the ground. His spell had worked; no one remembered what they had seen, “So far so good!”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

Julie-su’s ship landed on one of the landing pads at Station Square’s airport. Charmy and Leda sat in the back. Julie had wanted to press Leda for more information, but figured just having her around was enough to bring Sperk out of hiding. A squad of human troops stood outside the ship as the trio stepped off the ship. The lead one was a blond woman. She had handcuffs in her hand, “By order of Station Square’s president and our guardian Shadow, you all under arrest.”

Bojack smiled as the three were handcuffed, “Well so much for that problem. I can’t erase everyone’s minds.” He walked toward a hover pod he had ordered. Now that I possess Shadow and Rouge, I can capture the final person I need to complete my plans.”

Julie-su struggled the best she could, “Let me go! You all have been deceived.”

The lead human slapped her down, “We got the communication from Knuckles. He told us how you have turned traitor and planned to kill the president.”

“You must listen! It is...” Black tape was stuck to her mouth and she was dragged to a van.

Charmy tried to fly, but two men held him to the ground. Leda pulled away from the woman holding her and tackled the men. Charmy’s wings took him skyward. He looked back, but kept going as the troops opened fire with their pistols. Leda was grabbed by the collar, but all the guy grabbed was a leather string with a blue crystal attached, “My necklace!” The guy chuckled and ripped it off her neck. As Leda was being carried to the van, the guy smashed it with his boot. Leda looked at the shards as she was tossed in. The van drove toward the main prison.

________________________________________________________________ ______________

Deep under the ocean a green light blinked on his control pad. Sperk sat meditating in his command chair. His eyes opened and he hit the light. A small map appeared on a screen, “So there you are.”

____________________________________________________________ __________________