Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Battle at Knothole part 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As Rotor turned to leave, two of the green Swatbots appeared and shoved him down. Rotor fell to the ground and dropped his weapon. The bots took aim at him with their arm lasers. Mighty rushed to help, but before he could do anything, a familiar croc jumped from some near by bushes. Vector opened his jaws and chomped one of the bot’s heads off. Mighty blasted the last one. Vector helped Rotor up, “You ok Rotor?”

The walrus nodded, “Yeah. Just a little bruised.”

Vector nodded, “Cool. Lets fan out. We have three more bots and Bojack to find.” They nodded. Rotor picked up his weapon and ran off.

Mighty walked up to Vector, “Vector do you know how Bojack and the Swatbots managed to get here?”

Vector shook his head, “No clue bro. But I plan to find out.”

As Vector and Mighty started to move out, Bojack jumped in front of them and the three remaining Swatbots walked up behind him. Bojack smiled, “You have managed to do some damage to my Swatbots.” Bojack drew his sword, “Let’s do this.”

Vector roared, “You’ll pay for what you have done.” Vector jumped at Bojack. Bojack took off at speeds that would put Sonic to shame and ran at Mighty. Mighty took aim, but before he could fire, Bojack drove his sword into the Tornado and dragged the sword through the right side of the walker. Sparks flew from the walker. Mighty jumped from the walker just as it exploded. Mighty was blown through the air by the blast and hit his head hard against the side of a near by building. He slumped to the ground out cold. Vector shook his fist at Bojack, “How dare you?” Vector lunged at Bojack. Bojack simply side stepped him and slammed to hilt of his sword into the side of Vector’s head. Vector fell to the ground, but rolled back up to his feet. Vector curled up into a ball and tried his spin dash attack. Bojack smacked Vector with the side of his sword and sent Vector flying into a tree. Vector bounced off the tree and attacked Bojack again. Bojack caught Vector on the flat side of his sword. Vector spun on the sword for a second then Bojack flung him to the ground. Vector uncurled and stared at Bojack. He hated the smirk on Bojack face.

“Why don’t you give up? I have all the cards.”

Vector spat on the ground, “No way Bojack.” Vector tried a jump kick. Bojack grabbed his leg and slammed him face first into the ground. As Vector pushed himself up, Bojack kicked him hard in the stomach. Vector fell down again. Bojack picked him up by his throat and flung him into the side of a building. He slammed him so hard the building wall cracked. Vector fell down.

He held the sword high, “I always wanted to try crocodile steak.” As he was about to swing, Bunnie flew out of no where and fired her arm cannon. Bojack jumped out of the way and swung at Bunnie. Bunnie stopped and flew up. St John jumped from the bushes and fired an arrow at the Swatbots. The arrow pierced one of the greens ones head. The arrow blew the bots head off. As St John made a jump for the other one, the red command bot slammed its fist into St John’s back. As he tried to get up the bot kicked him in the face. St John fell to the ground and stopped moving. The last green one stood with the command Swatbot. Bunnie swooped at Bojack. Bojack grabbed her robotic left arm with his left arm and swung her around. After a few passes Bojack smiled, “See you later.” He swung his sword and sliced Bunnie’s robotic arm off at the elbow. She hit the ground and rolled to a tree. She tried to get up, but fell to the ground. Antoine appeared from behind a building and in a fit of rage he charged Bojack, sword held high. As Antoine brought his sword down, Bojack blocked with his sword. Antoine sword broke on impact with Bojack’s sword. Bojack then slammed Antoine in the face and sent Antoine flying through the air and landing on a nearby roof. Bojack scratched nose, “Now where was I?” He thought for a moment. As he thought Mina Mongoose ran at him and tried to tackle him. In one motion he grabbed her neck and flung her at the Swatbots. As the yellow mongoose flew near, the red command Swatbot lifted its right foot and Mina hit it hard. Mina fell to the ground and the bot put its foot down. Bojack shrugged, “Guess I will just pound you until you beg for mercy.”

As Bojack walked toward Vector some one yelled out, “Sonic Wind!” Blue whirlwinds of energy shot out and slammed into the side of Bojack’s face. Bojack was slammed into a wall. Bojack cursed and spotted Sonic. A Chaos Emerald was clutched in his shaking right hand. Sonic’s chest was wrapped up, but he stood strong, “Long time no see!”

Bojack smiled, “Thanks for showing up. I was wondering how many of your pathetic friends I was going to have to hurt before you came out of hiding.”

Sonic’s eyes narrowed, “You’ll pay for what you have done!” Sonic aimed the emerald, but Bojack was quickly on him and he slammed his fist into Sonic’s ribs. Sonic dropped the emerald and fell down in pain.

Bojack sighed, “Your in no condition to fight me.” He pointed his sword at Sonic, “You are the last.” As the sword started to glow, his last green Swatbot exploded. The red command Swatbot looked around, but a dagger slammed into his armor. It beeped a few and exploded. Bojack looked around for the source of the attack. A green hedgehog stood at the far end of the street. Bojack couldn’t place his finger on who it was. Dressed in black and blue sneakers and white gloves, the hedgehog looked normal enough. Bojack walked toward him, “Who dares to attack my bots?”

“My name isn’t important! I’ve come to take you down!”

The voice was slightly familiar, “Be gone!” Bojack held his palm out and an invisible force slammed the hedgehog back into a store’s glass window. Bojack chuckled as he swung his sword and black lightning shot out and destroyed the building’s foundation. After the building had collapsed and crushed the annoyance, Bojack turned back to Sonic, “These interruptions are tiresome.” Before he could start, a strange laughing filled the street. Bojack gulped as he felt a twitch at the back of his mind, “I have felt this before.” He spun around just in time to see the building rubble explode outwards. A crimson light shone from the center of the rubble and a crimson hedgehog walked onto the street. Dressed all in black, except for a crimson trench coat and boots, the hedgehog put a pair of mirrored sunglasses on to hid his glowing crimson eyes. Bojack winced slightly at the small arc of crimson energy sparking around him, “Sperk! You’re a berserker!”

Sperk smiled, “Oh I am much more than that! I’m glad you recognized me even after my change.” His voice was dark and cold. He pulled his glasses down just enough for Bojack to get a view of his eyes, “Time to die!”

____________________________________________________________ __________________

Sonic found himself standing on a rooftop about a few blocks from the street Bojack and Sperk stood. The others had been rushed to the hospital. Only he, Sally, Julie-su, and some echidna he had never met where left. The king had ordered his forces to evacuate anyone in the area. An orb of light flew next to Sonic, “Tikal!”

The echidna spirit appeared, “I’m sorry it took so long for me to get here. Bojack did a good job of hiding his sprit from me.”

“You know that guy?”

“Bojack is a powerful wizard who found away to extend his life indefinitely. He developed a technique to make new body when he got old. When he reached the age of fifty he would mate with some one. After the baby is born it grows rapidly, reaching the age of sixteen in a matter minutes. After that Bojack’s soul is transferred to the new body. His full power and mind remains and he can continue his work. But unfortunately he came up with another power that gave him the idea to control the world.”

Sonic shifted, “What?”

“He developed the ability to transform people into Chaos Emeralds. He then absorbs the emeralds and the person’s power is added to his own. He can only absorb seven at a time.”

Sonic interrupted, “Can we save them?”

Tikal nodded, “Yes, but we must save them before Bojack gets a new body. During the switch the souls of the absorbed are turned into pure energy and are used to increase the power of Bojack’s new body. But luckily his power has diminished somewhat.”

“How?”

Tikal glanced at Sonic and looked up, “One thousand years ago Bojack tried to capture the Master Emerald. Chaos countered the wizard and managed to weaken him, but Bojack quickly caste a lightning spell and drove Chaos away. Just as he was going to claim the Master Emerald, two warriors descended on him. One was armed with the Sword of Acorns and the other the Sword of Chaos. The two battled Bojack for two days. When the battle ended the warrior with the Sword of Chaos was struck down. Before he died, he sacrificed his remaining energy to trap Bojack within the Sword of Chaos. The sword was sealed in a rock and was forgotten. But Prince Elias found the sword and Bojack took over his body. Now he wishes to absorb seven of Mobius most powerful fighters and then create a new body. If he switches again even Chaos won’t be able to counter him.” Tikal looked to the two fighters, “But it appears he won’t get the chance. The Sword of Chaos is still keeping most of Bojack’s powers weakened and Sperk is putting out a great deal of energy.”

“What happens if Sperk kills Bojack?”

Tikal glanced at Sonic, “Our friends will die!”

Sonic tightened his fist, “We won’t let it happen. I’ll stop Sperk!”

“You can’t” Leda walked to the roof edge, “Sperk is unstoppable now.”

Sally looked from the echidna to the glowing form of Sperk, “How do you figure that?”

“When Robotnik was turning him into a weapon, he infused him with Sonic’s, Knuckles’s, Shadow’s, and Tails’s abilities. While he is strong now, most of his power is confined to what Robotnik called The Berserker System! When it is triggered, Sperk would change into a chaos empowered killing machine.”

“But berserkers are mindless killing machines. I fail to see why we can’t out think him.” The echidna spirit was looking at Leda with a puzzled look.

Leda burst into tears, “Something went wrong. When he transforms he becomes malevolence, corrupt, and destructive. His mind becomes cold and calculating. His IQ shoots through the roof and he does have a bloodlust.” Leda hugged herself tightly, “Just imagine Robotnik with Chaos’s powers.”

Julie placed a hand on Leda’s shoulder, “This has happened before?”

Leda nodded, “I didn’t see it, but I heard rumors that the bloodshed surpassed even Robotnik’s evil. Sperk will kill anyone in sight.”

Sonic sighed, “Just what we needed.”

_________________________________________________________ _____________________

Bojack was well aware of Sonic and his friends getting away, but his attention was on the glowing Sperk. Bojack started to raise his sword, “No mindless thing will beat me.”

Sperk shot forward and stopped just inches away from Bojack, “Your right! But I have a mind!” Sperk’s fist shot up, but before it reached Bojack’s chest, small air boosters activated on Sperk’s gauntlets under the coat and doubled the power of his punch. Bojack was sent flying into the air and landed hard on the stone street. Blood trickled out from where Sperk’s sharp spurs had hit. Sperk sighed, “And I had such high hopes for a good fight.”

Bojack struggled to his feet, ‘This energy! It is so intense and so dark. Never in my life have I sensed this much dark energy.’ Bojack probed the memories of everyone he had captured and found Robotnik’s. Memories of a crimson hedgehog tearing apart a lab and killing hundreds of slaves. Bojack gulped, ‘Robotnik you fool! How in the hell can I fight this?

Sperk grinned, “So many ways to inflect pain. Where to start?”