Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Battle at Knothole ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sonic slowly opened his eyes. He found himself in the Knothole Hospital. Sally was sleeping in the chair next to the bed with her head on his chest. The hedgehog smiled, ‘All it took was a nutcase to pound me to get her to get close to me again.’ He hated to wake her, but he needed to sit up. He gently nudged her, “Sal!” The squirrel's blue eyes slowly opened and she sat up. Sonic smiled as she yawned, “Been awhile!”

Sally managed a small smile, “Yeah! What happened to you in that temple? First Vector and Mighty rush here in a panic to find you, then they carry you back to Knothole beaten and bloody.” She held up the tiara from the temple, “And you had this clenched in your hand.”

Sonic slowly grabbed the tiara and placed it on her head, “I got this to say sorry for hurting you these past couple of months.” He sighed, “But it cost way too much!”

“What do you mean?”

“Your brother was disguised as Knuckles and he attacked us. He absorbed Tails somehow and vanished.” Sally had lost the ability to speak. Small tears formed around her eyes as she tried to come up with a reason for Sonic’s story. In the end she collapsed into Sonic’s arms and cried. The tiara fell from her head and landed on the floor. Sonic hugged Sally tightly, “Don’t worry Sal. I’ll figure this all out somehow.”

________________________________________________________ ______________________

Julie-su sat nervously on a couch in Sperk’s hideout. They had arrived on the fabled Bounty Hunter Island, home to the Bounty Hunter Guild. It was a long-standing rumor that the guild had an island that could move, but she didn’t believe it until now. Sperk’s home was a large warehouse on the north end of the island. His living room was decked out with a huge T.V. and multiple game consoles, ‘I wonder how many lives had to be sacrificed for this stuff.’ She had been there for two days and she really wanted to leave.

Sperk stepped up behind her, “Something wrong?”

The pink echidna just glanced at him, “Just the company around here.”

“I can send you to a different place if you want.” Sperk was stripped down from the waist up, with bandages wrapped around his arms and chest, but his gun belt was on and his hand twitched near the silver blaster on his left side. Julie didn’t show a twinge of fear. Sperk chuckled, “Now I see how you can put up with Knuckles.” He walked by and entered his small med room. He sat down and started to rip the used bandages off.

Leda slowly walked in with a small med kit, “Need help?”

“Whatever!” Sperk’s tone had returned to its cold hard voice.

Leda gently replaced the old bandages with new ones, “Thank you for saving Julie and me.” Sperk grunted and made no other sound.

Julie silently listened at the door, “Has he forgotten what he had said at the prison?”

Leda tightened the last bandage and stepped back, “You should get injured more often. You act like Speed when you’re hurt.” Sperk’s hand slammed into the med kit and it shattered. Leda knew she had mentioned a forbidden subject. She straightened her shirt, “I wish you wouldn’t get mad at the mentioning of your real name.”

Sperk turned to her with fire in his eyes, “I refused to acknowledge that weak name. I am Sperk, the most feared hedgehog in the world. People are scared to mention my name and slunk back as I walk near them.” He walked Leda back into a desk, “Speed was a scared little child.”

Leda got into his face, “You think that gives you the right to toss off you name. I was abused from the age of ten, but I didn’t change my name or who I am. Jackals killed your family and this is how you honor them. Casting off your name and who you are. I love Speed, not Sperk!” Sperk brought his hand back to slap her across the face. Leda didn’t budge; he had done this before, but never actually hit her.

Sperk cursed and walked away. Before he got to the door he stopped, “I have grown tired of seeing you sad.” He drew his gold gun. The name Leda had been inscribed on the barrel. His sharp spurs on his fist, his speed, strength, everything he had he owed to Sperk. “I wouldn’t mind being Speed again. Maybe even like it.” He pulled a silver box from his belt, “I have one condition thou.” He tossed it to her.

Leda opened the box, “Is this what I think it is?” A small gold band with a small emerald on it.

Sperk smiled and slipped the ring on her finger, “I want you by my side.” His voice had grown softer and warmer.

“Yes!” Leda hugged him tightly.

Sperk coughed a little, “Still a little sore!”

Leda let go, “Sorry!” She kissed him on the cheek, “So who are you?”

Speed shrugged, “Speed! It is time I tried to get my real life back. I will let Sperk rest in peace. But first we should do something about Bojack!”

“Right!” She walked to the door, “I’m glad your back for good.”

Speed nodded and watched her leave. The green hedgehog sighed, “But to fight Bojack, I might have to become Sperk one more time.”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

Vector and Mighty waited outside the hospital, “When do we tell him about Bojack?“

Mighty shrugged, “Whenever he is ready to listen. He was pretty hurt.” They heard an explosion coming from the center of town. They looked at each other and they ran toward the sound. When they reached the center of town, they got a shock. Bojack was standing in the middle of a squad of strange looking Swatbots. Eleven in all. Two were about seven feet tall and had huge plasma canons for arms. Two others were about five-foot and were painted deep red and they had huge gas tanks on their backs. Two others were black and had wings and a jetpack on. One of them was painted deep red and had a strange antenna on its back. The remaining four were five foot five, green, and caring shields.

Vector looked to Mighty, “How in the hell did they get here?”

Mighty shook his head, “Haven’t a clue. I am going to go get the Tornado. Tails taught me how to use it in walker mode.” Vector nodded and Mighty ran off. People were running away as fast as they could. The Swatbots were just looking around. Their single red glowing eye was moving around in their visors. Suddenly Bojack ran off toward Castle Acorn.

Vector wanted to chase him down, but he was sure the castle guards would handle him, “Bojack is being daring today.” Vector jumped down near the Swatbots, “Hey medal heads. Want to dance?” Every bot looked at him.

The one with the antenna yelled, “Capture the hedgehog.” Two of the green ones jumped at him. Vector moved as the Swatbots landed next to him. Vector jumped a few feet away. Vector was going to throw a wise crack, but the other two green ones grabbed him from the sides. The held him up. Vector tried to move, but the bots were too strong. Just then the two bots that were holding him, heads blew off. Vector fell to the ground and looked around. Mighty walked up in The Tornado assault walker mode. The other Swatbots scattered as Mighty aimed the rocket launcher.

Vector smiled, “What took you?”

Mighty smiled, “Had to make sure the area was clear of people before I brought the heavy guns.”

Vector nodded, “Good luck, bro.” Mighty nodded. Vector ran off and Mighty began his search.

________________________________________________________________ ______________

Bojack ran through the town, pushing the few people he ran into out of the way. He was confident the Swatbots could take Vector and Mighty. He had to capture another prize. Castle Acorn rose in front of him as he made his approach. It was made of gray stone and had a few balconies and windows. As Bojack approached the castle gates, two badgers holding spears blocked his path. Bojack drew The Sword of Chaos. He swung it. A black energy blade shot out and sliced both of them. The fell to the ground, alive, but very hurt. Bojack jumped the gate and landed in the courtyard. Four beavers ran at him. Bojack waited till they were close. He looked to the sky and held the sword close. He yelled out loud, “Energy Field!” A dome of energy grew from Bojack and slammed the four beavers far away. The dome vanished and Bojack ran at the castle door. He jumped into the air and brought it down with one jump kick. The door fell on a couple of guards on the other side. Bojack ran trough the castle taking out any of the guards that got in his way. He burst into the main hall. The King and his wife were at the other end. Bojack smiled, “Too easy.” Bojack calmly walked to the throne. He gave a mocking bow, “Hi dad!”

The king rolled his wheel chair in front of Alicia, “Elias! What in the hell are you doing?”

Bojack smiled, “Please forgive my appearance. My name is Bojack!” Bojack hand shot up and backhanded the king. The king was flung from his wheelchair and landed hard on the floor a few feet away. Queen Alicia Acorn tried to run to him, but was stopped by Bojack’s blade, “Where is your lovely daughter?”

Alicia stood up confidently, “I won’t tell you anything.”

Bojack shrugged, “That is very sad!” He slammed his palm into the queen’s stomach and she slammed into the far wall. The chipmunk fell to the floor. Bojack walked to the exit, “Guess I do this the hard way.”

____________________________________________________________ __________________

Vector rounded a corner and ran into the two red Swatbots. They aimed their cannon arms. Flame shot out of the cannons. Vector ran up the side of the building and jumped in between the two bots. The bots turned and fired. Vector rolled out of the way as the bots shot each other. Vector turned to laugh, but the bots weren't even burnt. Vector gulped, “Great fire proof.” As the bots took aim, one of them burst apart. Vector looked puzzled as a skunk ran out from the side of the building. He aimed his arm-mounted crossbow and fired an arrow at the gas tank of the other bot. It exploded when the arrow hit the tank. The skunk walked up to Vector. Vector smiled,” Never thought I’d ever be happy to see your ugly mug.”

The skunk fixed his hat and reloaded his crossbow, “What? You thought you were the only one who can help?”

Vector turned, “Guess so St. John. I’ll check the east and west sides of town. We got to take the rest of the bots out.”

St. John nodded, “I’ll take north. I saw Mighty heading south.” The two nodded and ran to their respective areas.

Vector ran weaving in between buildings and fleeing people. As Vector reached a clearing, he saw Antoine holding his sword and staring into the sky. Vector ran over to the coyote, “Yo Antoine what are you looking at?”

Antoine didn’t drop his gaze, “Bunnie is fighting those flying bots.” Vector looked up, his green eyes scanning the skies. The two turned when they saw Bunnie drop from the sky using the jets in her feet to fly past. The two black flying Swatbots flew down firing their arm lasers. Bunnie dodged the fire, but just barley. Antoine looked to Vector, “What do we do?”

Vector thought for a moment. He snapped his fingers, “Antoine get ready to jump.” Vector put his hands together and crouched down. Antoine nodded and put his right foot into Vector’s hands. Vector yelled, “Hey Bunnie. This way.” The rabbot nodded and flew over Vector and Antoine. As the bots flew past Vector launched Antoine up. With one swipe of his sword, Antoine sliced one of the bots wings off. The bot fell to the ground and exploded. The other bot turned to Vector and Antoine. As it took aim, Bunnie took aim with her left arm’s cannon; she blasted a hole into the bots chest. The bot fell to the ground and exploded. Bunnie landed. Antoine ran over and gave her a hug, “I was so worried.”

Bunnie hugged back, “I know.”

Vector shook his head, “You guys got things covered here?” The two nodded. Vector gave thumbs up and ran off.

Mighty drove around the southern area of Knothole Kingdom. He doubled checked his walkers radar. It showed nothing, “Where are those bots?” As if to answer him one of the large purple ones appeared in front of him. It aimed its heavy laser cannons. It fired a wall of red-hot energy fire at him. Mighty’s walker jump to one side. The wall of lasers hit a near by building and destroyed it. Mighty frowned, “Hey you can’t do that.” Mighty took aim with his charged particle gun. He fired. A bluish beam fired out of the gun. The bot jumped to one side, but the gun was on a turret and followed him. The beam ripped through the bot. It fell to the ground unmoving. Mighty jumped with joy, but the other bot snuck up behind him and took aim. Before Mighty could do anything a green laser beam shot out and destroyed the bot’s head. Mighty turned to see where the shot came from. A fat purple walrus was standing a few feet away, holding a large laser cannon. Mighty waved, “Thanks Rotor.”

The walrus waved, “No problem Mighty. I have been dying to try my new laser cannon.”

_________________________________________________________ _____________________

Bojack surveyed the battleground, “My bots aren’t doing as well as I had hoped. Guess I will have to step in!”

_____________________________________________________________ _________________