Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Found ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The commander of the GUN Prison yelled to every single trooper to find out what had happened, “What happened to the power?”

A woman looked up from her console, “Main power line has been cut.”

“Imposable!” The commander shoved the woman aside, “That power cable it wrapped in titanium and buried ten feet below the ground.” He checked the readings and clenched his teeth; the cable had been taken out. He stood up, “Communications?”

The tech shook his head, “Jammed sir! HQ won’t expect a signal for twenty minutes.”

The commander slammed his fist down on one of the metal desk, “We send a signal to HQ every twenty-five minutes. How in the hell did this happen?” The circular control room went silent as the men and women looked to each other. The commander sighed, “How about our main security cameras?”

“Garbled! But I have an image from the main yard.” He switched his monitor on, “Sir!”

The commander walked over and looked at the screen. He stepped back, “Shit!” A black assault ship was sitting in the main yard and the bodies of several guards laid around it. He grabbed the intercom mic, “Attention all security forces, we have an intruder!”

_______________________________________________________ _______________________

Lara drew her legs close to her body and hugged herself, “He is coming!”

Julie looked at the steel door to their cell, “And we aren’t going anywhere. You scared?”

“Just at the amount of lives that stand between him and us. Also I don’t know what he is going to do to me. Love me or hate me for putting him through all this.”

“I hope we don’t find out.”

____________________________________________________________ __________________

The commander sat in his chair as the guards reported in every five minutes. So far Sperk hadn’t mad any noise, “Time!”

“Ten minutes, six seconds!”

“After they fail to receive a signal, HQ will wait five minutes and send a team in to investigate. Hopefully we can keep Sperk contained by then.” He activated his radio, “Security station! Report!”

A dark voice sounded over the speaker, “I’m afraid that your security chief is taking a nice long sleep.”

“Sperk!”

“I’m glad that I am well known! I would love to chat, but I am on a tight schedule. Evacuate all of your personal from the building and I won’t have to kill any more of them.”

The commander chuckled, “Your pretty full of yourself. Over one hundred troops are stationed here.”

“And I have killed thirty-six, but this isn’t about numbers. Leave or die!” Sperk shut the radio down.

The commander cracked his knuckles, “Damn him! I will not surrender.”

Sperk’s voice came back on, “Oh and my ship has sent the right signal to your HQ, so don’t count on help. It is just you, the helpless lames, and me.” Sperk laughed evilly and shut the radio off for good.

_______________________________________________________________ _______________

Sounds of explosions, gunfire, and blaster bolts sounded through out the prison. Sperk mowed through the guards he ran into. He got shot a few times, but he gave little thought to the wounds and kept going. In the cell, Julie tried to find anything that could be used to protect them from Sperk. Leda simply watched her as she tried to find something to make a weapon. Julie shook her, “Would you stop! He is coming!”

“So?”

Julie slapped her, “He is a murder! You heard his little announcement. He is going to come here and kill us both.”

“Your wrong!” Leda rubbed where Julie had hit her, “Sperk and I have been through a lot. He is warmhearted and kind. He would always cheer me up when I needed it. I love him more than anyone in the world. So if he wants to kill me, I won’t stop him!”

Julie jaw dropped upon hearing the last part, “What kind of girl are you?”

Before Leda could respond, the door to their cell sparked and slid opened. Sperk stepped in with his gold blaster pistol aimed at them. His left arm hung limp at his side and blood dripped from it. He had ran out of his favorite weapons, the exploding daggers a while back and had to stick with close range combat. Only his shades looked untouched, “Found you!” He was breathing hard and some blood trickled from his lips.

“Sperk!” Leda took a step toward him, but Sperk’s finger twitched on the trigger. Leda closed her eyes and nodded, “If this is what you wish! I’m sorry for all I have put you through.” Julie toyed with the idea of tackling Sperk. He was certainly in no condition to fight, but she stayed back.

The green hedgehog squinted his eyes, some blood had managed to drip into one, “You have been nothing but trouble. First the island now this place. I wonder why I bother.” Sperk sighed and leaned against the door jam, “Its funny really! All the time we were together, the only thing you had to do was smile.”

“Really!”

“That is all I ever needed. Whenever I came home, as long as you’re there I felt almost normal. Happy even!” He holstered his pistol and drew his silver one. He tossed it to her, “I’ll distract the rest of the humans.” He drew his last pistol, “Leda! I love you!” Leda smiled at hearing what he had said. Sperk smirked, “Sorry this was the only time I said it to you. I have no regrets about my life. Just that I waited so long to tell you.” He started to walk away, “Please escape!” He fell flat on his face.

Leda rushed over, “Sperk!” She sat him up, “Don’t you dare die before me! I don’t want to be alone again.”

“I’ll try!”

Julie ran over, “You’re not seriously considering helping him. He has killed and hurt so many people.”

“I won’t leave him behind!” Leda helped Sperk to his feet, “Go if you want!”

Julie sighed, “Knuckles is going to kill me for this one!” She grabbed Sperk’s shoulder and helped carry him. As they reached the exit, twenty armed guards stood in-between them and Sperk’s ship.

The commander took a drag from his cigar, “The world famous Sperk! This is going to ensure my next promotion!”

Sperk chuckled, “If you live that is.” He activated a control on his belt. The ship suddenly floated up and multiple gun turrets came out of panels of the ship. The guards turned to shoot the ship down, but the ship’s guns cut them down. The ship lowered and the three got on. As the ship flew off, Sperk activated the autopilot, “Home!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

Knuckles smashed his way through the stone wall as Sonic and Tails followed. He brushed himself off, “Well we have been in this tomb for about two days. Any ideas where we’ll find the tiara?” Tails pointed behind the echidna. Knuckles turned his head and spotted the silver tiara with a blue gem at its center, “Oh!”

Sonic smiled, “All right!” He walked up to the stone pedestal and slowly picked it up, “Sally is going to love this!”

Knuckles laughed, “I’m sure she would, but your not going to be around to give it to her.”

“What are you babbling about?”

Knuckles chuckled and slammed Tails into a stone wall, knocking the poor fox out. He returned to his squirrel form, “You will be apart of me!”

“Elias!”

“The name is Bojack my blue friend!”

Sonic set the tiara down, “Bring it on!”

Bojack smiled and waved his hands, “Oh I will! Come!” A vortex appeared and six Swatbots of different design walked into the chamber. Jet-black with shields and single sensor eyes. The vortex vanished and in Robotnik’s voice, “Get him! The red eye on all the Swatbots glowed red as they started up. Arm mounted laser cannons activated on their right arm. They picked up their shields in their left hand and fired. Sonic rolled out of the way and pulled a Chaos Emerald from his backpack, “Sonic Wind!” A blue whirlwind of energy shot out of the emerald at Bojack. Before the whirlwind hit, a Swatbot jumped in the way and blocked with its shield. The whirlwind only left a scorch mark on the shield.

Sonic jaw fell open, “What? How?” Sonic didn’t get time to get an answer. The Swatbots opened fire. The shots rang out around him as he jumped in-between the wall and throne. He had dropped the emerald. He wanted to retrieve it, but he couldn’t.

Bojack smiled, “Number five go and finish him.“ One of the Swatbots ran toward the throne. When it got to the end, Sonic had vanished. The Swatbot’s sensor eye looked all around, but it couldn’t see him. The bot walked near the wall. It looked up. Sonic dropped from one of the stone pillars holding the ceiling up and landed on top of the Swatbot. He curled into a ball and cut the bot’s head off. Sonic picked up the Swatbot’s shield. He took a deep breath. Sonic ran at the emerald at full speed. The bots opened fire, but their shots bounced off the shield. One of the bots pulled out a small ball and threw it in front of Sonic’s path. It exploded. Sonic fell down from the force of the blast. Two of the Swatbots retuned their lasers and fire a concentrated beam of energy at Sonic’s shield. The remaining two flanked Sonic and fired around him to keep him pined down. The beams of energy were starting to burn through Sonic’s barrowed shield. Bojack laughed out load, “You fool. You thought you could beat my new Swatbots and me.”

“The thought had crossed my mind.” As the shield started to heat up, Tails slammed into the back of one of the Swatbots that were firing the beams of energy. He attached a bomb to the one he had hit and tossed another one at the other. They fell to the ground and exploded. Bojack turned around.

Bojack cursed, “Damn you! Kill him!“ The Swatbots turned to face the new enemy. Sonic took advantage and dropped the burning shield. He ran at one of the Swatbots and jumped toward it. He curled into a ball and sliced the bot’s head off. Sonic ran toward the fox at full speed and picked him up and ran down a passageway. Bojack yelled, “After them!” Bojack and the Swatbot ran after them. Sonic rounded a few corners and stopped behind a pillar.

Sonic put Tails down, “Any ideas?”

The small fox shrugged, “I have no idea.” He rubbed his head, “Head still hurts!

Sonic smiled, “You took a big hit.” He put down his backpack, “Damn! No power rings!” He tossed it away. Sonic looked down at his little buddy, “Do you think you can take that last Swatbot?”

Tails smiled, “No problem.”

Sonic nodded, “Ok, but don’t you dare get killed.” Tails nodded and ran off. Sonic took a deep breath. Sonic ran down the passage and stopped when he spotted Bojack and the last Swatbot.

Bojack was carrying a strange sword in his right hand. As Sonic thought of what to do, Tails jumped from a shadow and ran past the pair.. The Swatbot ran after him. Tails ran off leading it away. Sonic took a breath, “Be careful.” Sonic’s ran forward and stopped a few feet in front of Bojack, “Just you and me.”

Bojack sneered, “Your mine rodent.”

Sonic smiled, “Sorry. Got other plans.”

Bojack’s voice had grown deeper, “You fool. I have the Sword of Chaos you can’t beat me.” Bojack gripped the sword in both hands and slashed the air. A blade of energy shot out and Sonic barely managed to avoid it. Sonic rolled on the ground and stood up. Bojack laughed, “See how weak you truly are.” Black lightning bolts shot out of the sword and lashed out at Sonic. It hit Sonic dead on. Sonic fell to his knees. Bojack ran at Sonic. Sonic dropped down and tripped Bojack. Bojack jumped up and delivered a kick to Sonic’s face. Sonic fell to the ground. Bojack pointed the sword at Sonic. Black lightning lashed out. Sonic rolled to the side and started to run. A sphere surrounded Bojack. He took off at high Sonic and slammed into Sonic. The speed of the sphere pined Sonic to it and he went along for the ride. He flew for a minute and stopped in front of a wall. The sphere disappeared and Sonic fell down. Bojack calmly waited for Sonic to get to his feet. His legs wobbled as he faced Bojack. Bojack waved bye-bye and shoved Sonic into the wall. He hit the ground hard and was amazed he was alive. He was scratched and was bleeding.

He sat down. He had a raging burn in his chest, “Great. Some of my ribs are broken.”

Bojack smiled, “Your mine!” He pointed at Sonic and a multicolored beam shot out. Before it hit Sonic, Tails jumped in front of it and he turned into an emerald. Bojack cursed as he absorbed it, “Not you! I wanted Sonic and Sperk! Now I can only have Sonic.” He glared at Sonic, “I’ll be back for you!” He vanished in a burst of light.

Sonic had to fight to keep his eyes open, “Tails!”