Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos ❯ Fusion! Spin Is Born ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back at Sonic's house Sonic sat with Tikal. Chaos sat in the corner listening. Sonic's parents were out helping the injured. Sonic's Uncle Chuck was sitting across the room.

Sonic sighed, "Ok Tikal. Give me the low down."

Before she could talk, Speed limped into the room helped by Leda.

Sonic shot up, "Speed. You should be in bed."

Speed managed a small smile, "I want to know how Snively kicked my butt so easily. I'll rest only after that."

Sonic nodded and helped Speed sit down in a comfortable chair, "Fine. But take it easy."

Leda sat next to him and Sonic sat back down," Ok Tikal. We are ready."

Tikal nodded, "Fine. I will tell you everything. This all started ten thousand years ago. A powerful wizard named, Bojack found away to extend his life indefinitely. He developed a technique to make new body when he got old. When reached the age of fifty he would mate with some one. After the baby is born, it grows rapidly, reaching the age of sixteen in a matter minutes. After that Bojack's soul is transferred to the new body. His full power and mind remains and he can continue his work. But unfortunately he came up with another power that gave him the idea to control the world."

Sonic shifted, "What?"

"He developed the ability to transform people into Chaos Emeralds. He then absorbs the emeralds and the person's power is added to his own. He can only absorb seven at a time."

Speed coughed, "So that is what happen to are friends?"

Tikal nodded," Yes. He got Espio, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Robotnik, and now Tails. He is waiting to absorb Sonic before getting a new body."

Sonic interrupted, "Can we save them?"

Tikal nodded, "Yes, but we must save them before Bojack gets a new body. During the switch the souls of the absorbed are turned into pure energy and is used to increase the power of Bojack's new body. But luckily his power has diminished some what."

"How?"

Tikal glanced at Sonic and looked up, "One thousand years ago Bojack tried to capture the Master Emerald. Chaos countered the wizard and manage to weaken him, but Bojack quickly caste a lightning spell and drove Chaos away. Just as he was going to claim the Master Emerald, two warriors descended on him. One was armed with the Sword of Acorns and the other the Sword of Chaos. The two battled Bojack for two days. When the battle ended the warrior with the Sword of Chaos was struck down. Before he died, he sacrificed his remaining energy to trap Bojack within the Sword of Chaos. The sword was sealed in a rock and was forgotten. But Prince Elias found the sword and Bojack took over his body. Now he wishes to absorb seven of Mobius most powerful fighters and then create a new body. If he switches again even Chaos won't be able to counter him."

Sonic scratched his head, "Who is he going to mate with?"

Speed frowned, "Who do you think?"

Sonic thought for a moment. He clenched his fist, "I don't think so." Sonic leapt up and was going to run out, but Chaos blocked him.

Tikal shouted at him, "If you go now you wont stand a chance. But I have a plan that might just work."

Sonic turned to her, "What?"

Tikal shook her head, "Long ago a ancient and powerful wizard created the technique of fusion. It was his belief that two people could fuse mind, body, and sprit into one. Unfortunately no one has ever fused and lived. Their minds and spirits just wouldn't fuse and they both died.

Sonic looked to Speed, "Let me guess. Him."

Speed glance up, "Love you to."

Tikal sighed, "Yes. Its the only thing I can think of. The fusion would heal you wounds instantly, but If it is successful you'll be one person forever."

Sonic laughed, "Dead no matter what I do."

Sonic turned around and walked past Chaos, "I'll think about it." Sonic left.

Tikal looked to Speed. Speed looked up, "Don't look at me. I think this is nuts." Speed got up. Leda rushed to help him. They left.

Chaos looked at Tikal. She just shook her head.

Sonic stood next to the Power Ring Pool. He listen to the waterfall. He sighed,

"What do I do?"

Speed and Leda walked up. Speed grabbed a stick and limped to Sonic. Leda stepped back to leave them alone. Speed stood next to Sonic and just stared at the water.

Sonic looked over, "So what do you think of this whole fusion thing?"

Speed laughed, "I don't mind sharing with you, but sharing bodies is a bit much."

Sonic smiled, "Good point." They both laughed.

Speed turned, "Your call. I want to help the others."

Speed walked off. Sonic watched him leave. He turned to the water, "What should I do?"

Uncle Chuck walked up, "Big choice huh?"

Sonic nodded, "One way I could die and the other way I will die, but the chance of victory will be higher."

The robotic hedgehog rubbed Sonic's shoulder, "I know Sonic. I guess it is up to you. I know you will make the right choice."

The two stood there silently.

Speed sat down on a rock a few feet away from the pool.

Leda sat down, "So now what?"

Speed shook his head, "I don't know. The fusion sounds good, but if it works I am a goner."

Leda leaned her head against him, "I don't want to lose you, but I will support any decision you decide."

Speed smiled," I know. It is up to Sonic."

Sonic walked up.

Speed stood up.

Sonic smiled," Lets do it."

Speed nodded, "Done."

Sonic and Speed stood a foot apart. Speed leaned on his right foot. Tikal, Chaos, Uncle Chuck, and Leda stood ten feet away. Tikal was yelling at the two hedgehogs,

"Ok make your minds as clear as crystal. Think of only each other. When you look at the other you only see another part of yourself. Now concentrate your energy."

Sonic and Speed closed their eyes and focused. Their hands started to glow yellow.

"Good your doing it. Know grab each others wrist and yell out fusion."

Sonic and Speed opened their eyes. They grabbed each others wrist and yelled out together,

"FUSION!"

The yellow light intensified. A flash of light blinded everyone. When the light vanished everyone looked to see one person standing where Sonic and Speed stood. He had red and blue striped sneakers. He was bluish green. His outer quills were dark green and the inner quills were dark blue. His eyes were closed. He stood their not budging.

Leda yelled to Tikal, "What now?"

Tikal looked at the hedgehog, "Their bodies fused fine. Now we see if the mind and spirit fused."

Leda looked back at the hedgehog. He had pointed knuckles like Speed, but they seamed sharper. The hedgehog's eyes opened. The eyes were bluish green too. He looked up and yelled,

"YEAH!"

His voice was strange, like Sonic and Speed was talking at the same time, but coming from one mouth. The hedgehog walked to the Power Ring Pool. He looked at his reflection,

"I had my doubts about this fusion thing, but I like how it turned out."

He stood up and pulled down his gloves. He turned and walked toward the group. They took a step back.

The hedgehog smiled, "Something wrong?"

The dual voice was still creeping them out. The hedgehog turned to the robotic hedgehog, "Hey Uncle could you make me some of your world famous chilidogs?"

Uncle Chuck nodded, "Sure."

The hedgehog smiled, "Great I will be back in about an hour."

As the Hedgehog walked off, Leda yelled at him, "Who are you?"

The hedgehog waved, "Name is Spin. See you later honey. New body in all. Gotta to break it in."

He walked off. Leda looked to Tikal and shrugged.

Tikal smiled, "The fusion was a complete success. Sonic and Speed have fused into one."

Spin walked into the deepest part of the Great Forest. His greenish blue eyes scanning around,

"No body here. Good. I don't have to hold back." Spin took a deep breath, "Lets see what I can do."

Spin took off running. He weaved in between trees, dashed through bushes, and plowed through rocks and boulders of every size. Spin was moving so fast he almost seem to disappear and reappear at will. His speed was unbelievable. He ran to a cliff side and jumped off. His quills expanded and he slowly glided down the five hundred foot cliff. He touched down. He looked around,

"Too easy."

He walked to the cliff side. He slammed his knuckles into the cliff. He climbed back up and stood at the top. He jumped up and slammed his fist into the ground. The force of the punch cracked the ground to a point were half of the cliff fell apart. Spin jumped into the falling rubble. It was child's play to jump from boulder to boulder. When he cleared the rubble he was still high in the air. He used his quills to land on the ground. The rubble had hit the ground making a huge rock pile. Spin leapt into the pile and at high speeds pummeled all of the rocks into sand. Spin turned toward the remaining cliff side and ran up it. He ran so fast he shot into the air. He spun in the air and landed on top of a huge tree. He stared over the forest at the black smog filled sky of Robotropolis. He let his quills expand and the wind blew through it making it look like he had a cape. He clenched his fist,

"Don't worry. Sonic and Speed your sacrifice was not in vain. I will crush Bojack and rescue the others." He glanced to the gold bracelet on his right wrist, "Nor will I forget other promises." He nodded to himself and returned to training.

After an hour Spin appeared at Sonic's house. He calmly walked in. Uncle Chuck set a plate full of chilidogs on the dining room table.

Spin smiled, "Thanks."

Spin sat down and stuffed his face. Uncle Chuck stepped back and waited for Spin to finish. When he was done, Spin stood up and burped.

Uncle Chuck stepped forward, "Everyone else has gone to Castle Acorns. The king wanted to talk to Sonic."

Spin nodded and walked to the door, "Guess I'll go in his place."

Spin ran out. Uncle Chuck shook his head, "I guess Sonic is really gone."

As Spin walked toward the palace, four guards ran in front of him, "Halt."

Spin yawned, "I have no time for you." Spin eyes glowed green, "Chaos Control!"

Spin vanished in a flash of green light. He reappeared in the main hall. Tikal, Chaos, Leda, The King, and The Queen were in shock. Spin smiled. Tikal walked over, "How did you do that? You don't have a Chaos Emerald?"

Spin shrugged, "I activated the latent chaos energy in my body. And that not all I can do."

Spin walked toward the King, "Sorry I am late. Sonic wont be able to talk to you so I will."

The King picked up on Spin's dual voice, "So this fusion thing Tikal told me about is true."

Spin crossed his arms and nodded.

The King wasn't amused, "I hope you are strong enough to do the job."

Spin smiled, "Don't worry. I will beat Sally's location out of Snively."

The King nodded and made a motion with his hand, a spider in a ninja outfit walked forward. He knelt and lifted up a sword to Spin,

"Me and my brethren has sensed the power of the Sword of Chaos. We have decided to give you the Sword of Acorns to help fight it."

Spin nodded, the sword was in a sheath. He grabbed it and slung it over his shoulder, "Thanks."

Spin turned and started to walk out, Leda walked with him. When they were out of the hall Spin turned to her, his voice leaned a little on Speed's side,

"Leda. When this is over I will come back to you. I just don't know where we will stand."

Leda nodded, "I understand."

Spin kissed her, "Don't worry."

Spin walked a few steps, waved, and took of at high speeds.

Tikal and Chaos walked up, "I hope he is able to cope when this over."

Leda just watched as Spin disappeared in the distance.