Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos ❯ Time Strain ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night time at Knothole Kingdom. For almost one year, Robotnik had been quiet. The residence of Knothole Kingdom had enjoyed the year of piece, but they all know, Robotnik will attack again, and Sooner than they think. Princess Sally Acorn walked through Castle Acorns, heading to her friend's room. When she reached the door, she knocked quietly. A female voice came from the door, "Come in."

Sally pushed the door open and saw the female echidna looking at a calendar. "One more month, " she sighed.

Sally nodded and sat down next to her, "Really. I haven't been counting." It was a lie. She had been counting the minutes as they past waiting for Sonic's return. She glance to the echidna, 'Speed's wife. I wonder what she is feeling?'

Leda glanced up at Sally, "Something wrong?" No response. "Sally?"

She shook her head, "What...I...huh?"

Leda sat up, "Whats wrong?"

Sally stood up, "Sorry I disturbed you."

She started to walk out, but Leda shot up and blocked her, "Whats wrong?" Sally looked away from her, "I am sorry that I came to dump my troubles on you."

Leda smiled, "Dump away."

Sally managed a small smile and sat down on the bed, "How can you be so cheerful? Speed has been gone for eleven months. Aren't you worried?"

Leda sat down next to her and put her arm around her shoulder, "Sally. I am worried, but Speed said he'd be back. And I know he will be."

"But your married to him. Me and Sonic don't have that kinda relationship."

"You love him don't you?"

"Yes, but I can only wonder if Sonic feels the same way about me. I am sick of being simply a girlfriend, sick of late night talks and innocent kissing." Disappointment filled her voice, "My relationship with Sonic seems it will never venture into a deeper bond. I am not sure he has the guts to lead the way without my help. I had to help, even with the innocent kissing."

Leda scratched her head, "Look Sally. I understand what your going through. Its hard when you have strong feeling for someone and they don't return it."

Sally put her head into her hands, "How could you know? Last time I check you were with the one you loved."

Leda sighed, she hated to re-live the past, but Sally needed to here this. She stood up, "Me and Speed had a lot of problems before and after the wedding. We fought and yelled at each other, a lot. My father hated him, just because he looked like a hedgehog. I ran away from home, to be with Speed. It was total bliss at first. Freedom, no rules, and we enjoyed it for a time, but them Speed grew distance. His career as a bounty hunter kept him occupied. I begged him to stop, but he wouldn't. He was a part of the Bounty Hunter Guild, not an easy thing to leave, but he could if he wanted to. After a couple of fights, he left, just left. I looked around for him, but nothing. After a year went by, I went back to my father. He wasn't to happy with me, but he took me back. He tried to marry me off to another echidna he knew, but just before it happen, Speed appeared. He looked terrible and weak, but he tossed his bounty hunter gear down at my feet and begged for me to take him back." Leda hugged herself, " And I said no. He left shortly after that. I tried to convince my self that I was right to say no, but the next day I ran out to find him again. After a while I was hunted down by my father. His words were simple, comeback or never return. Before I could agree, Speed appeared. He stood confidently at my father. He said that I was coming with him, and nothing was going to stand in his way. It was at that point that I knew Speed had come back to stay. He said , I will never leave you. Ever. And every time he has left he has always returned. So I have faith that he will come back for me."

Sally stood up, she had no idea that Speed and Leda went through so much pain, before reaching this point, "Sorry. I had no idea."

Leda smiled and turned to her, "Its ok. In the end everything worked out. I know Sonic will return to you."

Sally hugged her, "Thanks."

Leda yawed, "Sure, but I am kinda tired."

Sally nodded, "Sorry. I will let you sleep."

As Sally walked out, "Wanna talk more tomorrow?"

"Sure."

Sally left as Leda went to bed.

Deep in his hidden fortress on the other side of the planet, Robotnik put the final touches on his new super weapon. After the Bojack incident, he had found his own intelligence vastly improved, because of Bojack's influence. New ideas and plans came to him and he was excited to give them a try, but first he had one little project to finished. "SNIVELY! GET IN HERE!"

The short bald one ran up as fast his little legs would carry him, "Yes sir?"

Robotnik smiled and turned to a tube filled with black liquid, "Behold. I have revived and rebuilt Bojack."

Snively pulled at his collar, "Sir, do you think that is wise?"

Robotnik laughed, "Don't worry Snively. I have implanted an over ride chip deep into his brain. He has complete freedom, but he won't be able to resist my orders, no matter what."

Robotnik flipped a nearby switch. The seals on the tube hissed as the tube rose into the ceiling. The black liquid turned to smoke as it hit the air. Two glowing red eyes flashed from the smoke, "Yes sir, Master Robotnik."

Robotnik laughed, "You'll take a squad of the Swat-bots mark II to Knothole and rip it apart. How does that grab you?"

The eyes flashed, "Nothing would please me more."