Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos ❯ Goodbyes ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

At Knothole Hospital a few days latter, Spin was talking to Doctor Quack,

"Don't worry Spin, The drugs are out of her system. She'll be awake in a few hours."

Spin nodded and walked out. Knuckles, Shadow, Tails, and Tikal were waiting for him. Knuckles slapped him on the shoulder,

"How is she?"

Spin pushed his hand away, "She is fine."

Spin's voice had grown cold and low. Shadow broke the silence,

"Whats wrong?"

Spin held up his arm, He was still in his chaos form,

"Sally needs Sonic." Spin starred at his gold bracelet, "And Leda needs Speed."

Spin walked away. Tails turned to Tikal, "Isn't there a way to unfuse them?"

Tikal shook her head, "No, but I don't think even if there was one, it would be a good idea. Spin is now a living person, and having him unfuse would kill him."

Knuckles ran after him. He caught Spin at a cliff looking out at a lake. "Sonic and Sally use to come here to spend some quiet time together." Spin chuckled, "Sonic had to use all of his self control to keep from getting bored."

Knuckles smiled, "Heighten senses, one of the perks."

Spin smiled, "So why did you give up your chaos form?"

The red echidna stood next to Spin, "Didn't like who I was becoming."

Spin smiled, " Power went to the head."

Knuckles nodded, "Yeah. And don't worry. You'll be fine."

Spin shook his head, "No I won't. I won't be here."

Knuckles gave him a puzzled look, "What?"

Spin closed his eyes, "I am going to unfuse by focusing all my power."

Knuckles grabbed his arm, "Are you crazy. You will die, and it might not work."

Spin walked away, " Yes it must work. Sonic and Speed are needed more than me. I will be gone, but my memories will live on. Tell everyone Good Bye for me."

Knuckles nodded and ran out of the way. Spin started glow brighter. The light intensified blinding the entire area. Shadow ran up to Knuckles,

"What is going on."

Knuckles shielded his eyes, "I don't know."

When the light vanished, Knuckles and Shadow ran to the cliff. Sonic and Speed stood side by side. Sonic had the Sword of Acorns and Speed had the Sword of Chaos. They looked around,

"It worked."

As Knuckles and Shadow reached them, Sonic took of at high speed.

Speed walked to them, "Don't worry, Sonic wants to see Sally."

Shadow spoke up, "You remember everything."

Speed nodded, " Sure do. Now if you'll excuse me." Speed ran off.

Knuckles laughed, "Back to normal."

At the cliff a pool of water grew into a figure. Chaos stretched and walked toward Knothole.

Sonic ran to the hospital and dashed to Sally's room. The room was filled with flowers and cards from friends and loved ones. Sonic walked up to her bed and sat in the chair next to her,

" Sally I am here. Please wake up."

Sally's eyes opened slowly, "Sonic?"

Sonic's eyes brighten, "Sally your awake."

Sally smiled, "Of coarse I am."

Sally sat up and hugged the blue hedgehog, tears filling her eyes, "Thank you for saving me."

Sonic wasn't sure what to say. He in a way did save her, but Spin did most of the work. But he remembered he wanted Sally to be happy.

"No problem Sal. I will always be here for you, count on it."

At that moment the King was being wheeled in by his wife. When he saw the scene, he waved his wife to back up.

"Something wrong, Max?"

The King smiled, "No sense interrupting. Lets let them enjoy the moment."

The queen smiled and hugged her husband.

Speed ran around Knothole until he saw, Leda skipping stones at the Power Ring Pool. Speed slowly walked up to the echidna. She was just looking at the water and skipping stones. Speed picked up on and tossed it. It flew past Leda and managed to skip twice before plopping.

"You were always better at this than me."

Leda turned around, "Speed!"

She jumped up and leapt into Speed's arms. They both fell over. Leda hugged Speed as hard as she could, tears flowing from her eyes.

Speed smiled, "I thought crying was a sign of weakness."

Leda managed a small smile, "Please, let me be weak this once."

"Sure."

Back at Robotropolis, Snively surveyed the damage, "It will take awhile, but I will have this place up and running again in no time."

Snively started to walk away, but he winced in pain. With his powers gone, the injures and pain he suffered at the hands of Spin were acting up.

"At least the big round guy is gone. Now I, Snively the Great will take complete control of the planet."

"Who will take over the planet?"

Snively stiffened in fright. He turned slowly.

Robotnik walked up, "Well Snively?"

Snively gulped, "You sir."

Robotnik smiled, "Thats right Snively. Me."

He made a motion and a Swatbot walked up carrying Bojack, "Those hedgehogs will pay. They will pay for the destruction of my city and for my humiliation. THEY WILL PAY!"

Later in Knothole, Sonic and Speed were confronted by Chaos and Tikal.

Tikal spoke, "I am afraid that we must ask you to leave with us."

Sonic shook his head, "Why?"

"You to must be trained to control your new powers and abilities."

Speed crossed his arms, "How long?"

"About a year."

They both turned away, "Sorry. We can't just pick up and leave for that long."

As they walked away, Sally and Leda walked up. Sally hugged Sonic,

"Sonic you should go. I want you to be able to control your powers. It is the best thing for everyone. Don't worry I will wait."

Sonic hugged back, "Are you sure?"

Sally nodded and kissed him, "I will be here when you return."

Speed turned to Leda, "And you?"

Leda smiled and gave him a quick kiss, "Go Speed. I know you'll be back."

Speed nodded.

Sonic and Speed walked to Chaos, "Alright lets go."

In a flash of white light, the four of them vanished. Sally turned to Leda,

"You can stay with me, until Speed returns."

Leda nodded, "Thanks."

Sally and Leda walked toward Castle Acorn. A few feet away, Knuckles, Shadow, and Tails stood watching. Shadow smiled and started to walk away,

" Guess that means I head back to Station Square and train myself. Can't let those two get to much stronger than me."

Shadow waved and ran off.

Knuckles smiled, "Back to Angel Island for me. See you later."

Knuckles walked off.

Tails stood there for a moment, "Guess I should get to work too."

Things slowly returned to normal in Knothole Kingdom.

THE END

This story is copyrighted by (c)by the author, 2003. The characters in this story are property of SEGA, DiC and/or Archie Comics. All normal restrictions under Title 17 (the copyright laws) apply here. Some characters appearing in this fan fic are totally and utterly my own. No one is to use them or any other character of mine without my express written permission. Anyone caught doing so is subject to copyright law. E-mail me at Jiece18@hotmail.com