Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Teenage Mother ❯ A New Life ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hooray! I updated again! And this one is a little bit longer, like I promised. And also a big surprise as well! Enjoy! Oh, and it starts in Rouge's POV.
 
Disclaimer: I only own Hoshi, Christina, and Starlight. Everyone else belongs to Sega. (Lil' spoiler)
 
Chapter 8: A New Life
 
A few days had passed, and Hoshi was growing restless. I made my decision to get Knuckles down here. He sneaked out of mine and Amy's surprise. Hoshi had to know everyone, including him! I was Angel Island, walking around casually. The Chao nearby were playing around with a small yellow and blue striped ball. I saw the alter up ahead and flew on up. He was fast asleep in front of the gorgeous jewel. He became more rugged and muscular over the years, not to mention drop dead handsome! The only clothing he wore other than his same old shoes and mittens, which smelled strangely like plants, was a brown leather vest. Looked quite nice on him really. Made him look very intoxicating at the moment, but I had to wake him up. Smirking to myself, I picked up a Chao and dropped it carefully on him. He shot up, looking everywhere with his fists up.
 
“You want it, I'll bring it! Now come out you coward!”
 
“A-Ahem.” He stopped bugging out and turned his head towards me. “Morning sleepyhead.” He groaned and sat down, leaning against the emerald.
 
“What are you doin' here?”
 
“You left the shower, well, more like sneaked out, when you were supposed to introduce yourself!” I placed my hands on my hips, trying to intimidate him.
 
“Don't give me that look…I said stop…stop…argh…all right! All right! I'll go!” I lightened up a bit.
 
“That's better. Now come on mister.” I grabbed his arm and dragged him away from the emerald.
 
“But…what about the-“
 
“It'll be just fine.”
 
“But what if-“
 
“No one's going to come up here and steal it.”
 
“But-“
 
“No buts!”
 
“…but…”
 
“What did I say!?” He was silent after that. We got to the edge of the island, gliding off with him beside me.
 
 
We were both gasping for air, rushing to the hospital. Amy had called me several minutes ago and told me Hoshi broke her water last night and was giving birth right this second. We pushed people into buildings as we hurried, not wanting to miss the birth. The hospital was on the next block, so we sped up our pace. At the doors, we bursted in, slamming into the desk.
 
“WHERE'S THE ROOM!?”
 
“W-What room miss?” The attendant was stuttering and shivering.
 
“WHERE MY FRIEND HOSHI IS HAVING HER BABY!” There was a blood curdling scream in the air, flattening my ears to lessen the volume. “Nevermind.” I grabbed Knuckles and ran to where the scream came from. I saw two doors up ahead and went through. Everyone was there. Amy was recording everything on a video camera. Vanilla was trying to soothe Hoshi, telling her how to breathe and stuff. Cream was taking pictures, Cheese on her head, having fainted I guess. Shadow was sitting next Hoshi, who had his hand in a death grip. The other guys were on the floor, their hands, both of them, swelling. Once Shadow saw Knuckles he instantly switched places with him and collapsed onto the floor with the rest of the guys, his hands starting to swell. Hoshi's glare was so filled with hatred and anger, that it gave me the shivers, than turned it to the poor echidna sitting next to her.
 
“YOU! WHY YOU LOUSY FUCKIN' PIECE OF SHIT! HOW DARE YOU ARRIVE RIGHT NOW OF ALL TIMES AFTER ALL I'VE BEEN THROUGH! YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD NEVER LET ANYONE HURT ME! BUT YOU BROKE IT YOU ASSHOLE! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MY BROTHER! I HATE YOU! I HATE! HATE! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She squeezed his hand even tighter, his eyes popping out. I covered my eyes and lowered my ears some more, and then it was silent, but then there was a sound of a crying baby. I took a peek and gasped. It was over.
 
“Congratulations, it's a girl.” Wrapped in a pink blanket was a crying, red furred vixen with a white muzzle, bat ears, white wings, and three tails. A Bat Fox hybrid.
 
 
 
It was a very precious moment. Hoshi was lovingly gazing at her baby, who had fallen asleep. The nurses had cleaned her up and gave her back earlier. The guys managed to stand up and their hands were covered with bags of ice. The little gal was simply adorable and quite small for a baby. Us girls were in awe, the guys, well, not exactly.
 
“A girl? Now what are we gonna do?”
 
“A girl knows when it's a girl! It's a motherly instinct Sonic! Right Hoshi?”
 
“Her name isn't Hoshi.” Everyone turned their attention to Knuckles. “When she was ranting earlier, she wasn't going crazy, like you all think. She's my sister, adopted little sister really. She was abandoned as a baby and my parents took her in. Sadly, when we were still kids, there was a hurricane. I found my parents dead the next morning. And Christina, my one and only sister, was gone. I believed the hurricane carried her away and when it died down, she drowned in the ocean. As time went by I forgot all about her, but couldn't help but feel something was missing. And now I remember what it is.” I stared in disbelief. So she wasn't ranting after all! There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. Everyone glancing around, then staring at either the floor or ceiling. It was broken though, by a soft sound. My eyes set upon the young child. Her eyes were open, which appeared to be brown, gazing at the new world before her. She was cooing and grasped Hoshi's, well, really Christina's hair.
 
“Starlight.”
 
“Hmm?” Starlight?
 
“That will be her name. Starlight.” The pup now dubbed as Starlight stared up into her mother's eyes, filled with wonder. In the corner of my eye I saw Vanilla seem to space out. Probably having memories of when Cream was born. I turned my attention to Tails. His view of Christina had changed completely. Shadow told me that he recently saw Tails sneaking into Amy's place a few times when he wasn't allowed near the place. I wonder what he does while he's there.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
My sweet little angel, my adorable little girl. I've never been so happy. My daughter was perfectly healthy and had no disabilities whatsoever. Also, I was finally reunited with my older brother. My life has definitely turned for the better. I had family again and friends who cared about me. Although, there is Miles. There was something strange about him. When we first met, he was completely disgusted at me. Now, he's sneaking into the apartment, just to see me when he wasn't allowed to. Sonic once told me that Miles was in awe when he first saw me on the train. Of course, I really don't believe that.
 
I do wonder, what will happen now. I'm always at the edge of my seat, taking nervously glances everywhere I go. What is Miles going to do to me? Hurt me? Possibly…rape me? These thoughts were always running through my head. I just can't seem to get rid of them. Then I heard something that broke me away from my trance.
 
“Bwa!” A small smile formed upon my face. She was hungry again. I held her carefully and set her in place, putting a napkin under her chin so there wouldn't be a mess. She started sucking, taking a few breathes every now and then.
 
“Cute.” I darted my eyes to the kitchen entrance. Leaning against the wall was Miles. He was smirking and looking at me in a strange way.
 
“Uhm, hi Miles. What are you doin' here?” I could feel my cheeks heat up, and the way he was grinning told me he noticed.
 
“Just checkin' up on you and Starlight. I'm curious though, why did you name her Starlight? She has no star shapes and was born in the morning.”
 
“…well, when I got separated from my family, a kind echidna found me, a different one though. Her name was Moonstar, and she had a daughter named Moonlight. I lived with them for a year, until something happened…”
 
“What was it?”
 
 
“We lived in the woods, apart from society. We had a garden full of life with flowers, fruits, vegetables, even herbs when one of us got sick. Moonstar had a husband, his name was Dusk. He was a hunter and would bring home some meat for dinner. Moonstar would usually cook up a stew and Moonlight and I would usually eat it all up. But one day, Dusk didn't return home. Worried, Moonstar asked me to look for him. After a couple hours, I finally found him, shot dead. I ran back to tell them, then I saw it. The entire house was set on fire. I can still hear their painful screams every night when I go to sleep. In front of the house were some men, complete strangers. One of them had noticed me and grabbed me by my hair and lifted me to the air. I could tell that he was about to kill me, but someone stopped him. I presumed he was the leader of the group. He had the man who was holding me gag me and tie me up…taking me to his house…that's the last day I lived happily as a child. And not only that, I was never given the chance to bury them properly…” I stared down at Starlight, stroking her head gently.
 
“The leader, he's the one that gave you your scars, isn't he?” My eyes widened when I looked up at him. The strange look was gone, in its place was sympathy and pity. I slowly nodded, not removing my eyes from his. He walked toward me and went behind me. I felt his arms wrap around me, his face nuzzling my cheek. “Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, ever again…”
 
“Why…why are you doing this? Don't you hate me?” I felt his head shake, also licking me on my cheek.
 
“I thought I did, turns out I was completely wrong.” Looks like Sonic was telling the truth. I leaned back into his chest and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt Starlight stop and shifted herself. I opened my eyes, looking down. She was snuggled tightly inside her blanket, her eyes closed and sucking her thumb. I fixed my shirt to stop a certain fox's wondering eyes. “Hey, why dya do that?” I giggled silently and leaned against him once more, holding my little girl. His arms went under my legs, picking me up, than placing me on his lap, still holding me. “I guess this will have to do.” He softly nipped my ear and rested his head upon mine. Eventually, we fell asleep.
 
 
A/N: You guys like it? I hope so! Tee hee hee! Told ya there was a big surprise! I promise the next chapter will be longer! Please review/comment! Buh-bye for now!