Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Teenage Mother ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, I recommend rereading Watching Eyes, okay? I revised it now! So now, I'll be typing this, while changing a few things here and there. Now, list!
 
-------------
 
Stories up for adoption!
 
-------------
 
Guardian Angel-Read and Review! Tails has someone watching over him. But who, or what, is it? Pairings???/Tails Amy/Sonic Rouge/Knuckles ???/Shadow
 
Don't Forget Me-Amy leaves Station Square for the summer to visit her family, promising to return. But for some unknown reason, she never comes back.
 
How I Hate Thee-Tails has been separated from most of his friends for several years, a quartet of girls keeping them away. Knuckles decides to do something about it, taking all of them to a private beach resort. But, their troubles aren't over yet.
 
Goddesses of the Sun and Night-Two goddesses of the light and dark are twins. Tribes believe they drank from an ancient spring and died, becoming mortals. Even when they were reborn, they died protecting special emeralds. The world is almost in total chaos, and the Sonic gang needs help. And those tribes believe that their reincarnations will be appearing soon...
 
When Toddlers Attack-Knuckles' sister has been going out for a while, but the neighbors will no longer baby sit her daughters. Sonic and his friends volunteer. The girls have something else in mind.
 
Welcome to Reality-Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies; it's more complicated than you think.
 
Shadow Gets a New Little Sister-Shadow is living on an island far from human society. He saves someone who is like him, only she had it worse and still has her terrible memories. But one day, the enemies of the scientists come back! Can he protect her?
 
Well, that's all of them. Send me a pm or e-mail with the subject being adoption if you're interested. Well, on with the story!
 
----------
 
Disclaimer: I only own Christina, Starlight, Runo, Sato, Drazen, and Midnight. Everyone else belongs to Sega.
 
-----------
 
Chapter 11: Secrets
 
------------
 
Christina's POV
 
-----------
 
A week has passed. Starlight was enjoying our new home, the beautiful plants, the friendly animals, the warm temperature, and the exotic fruit. She took a liking to them. She also loved to play with all the little Chao. Crawling on the grass, rolling the ball, and taking a nap with them. Unlike humans, our children grew a bit quicker as babies. But no by very much. My friends would visit, Miles being an exception. He came everyday with a gift for either me or Starlight. Knuckles told me all the adventures they had through the years, mostly talking about himself. Of course, all big brothers are like that. I didn't say much about my past however, but I did tell him about the family of echidnas who took me in. He at least deserved to hear that. I quickly got used to living in the wilderness, I was raised here as a baby after all, along with living in solitude with the echidnas. I even remembered my Chao, Goldy. She had glomped me and was squealing with joy. Ruby had also grown up as well, and had also glomped me. Now that I think about it, all of the Chao tackled me to the ground. Knuckles was laughing his butt off at the alter when that happened.
 
“Bwa!” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at Starlight. She was wearing the dress Miles bought for her.
 
“So, I see she's wearing the dress I picked out.” I felt two strong arms lift me up from behind. I giggled a little, knowing who it was.
 
“Well of course she is Miles! Her name is Starlight and the dress happened to have stars.” I heard him chuckle and turned me around, still holding me and gave me a kiss.
 
“Hey lovebirds, go get a room!” I looked behind him and saw Vector and his friends, Espio and Charmy.
 
“Yeah! We don't wanna see you two humpin'!” Our faces went red and watched as Vector hit Charmy harshly on the head.
 
“Ow! What was that for Vector!”
 
“For bein' an idiot!”
 
“Oh, okay.”
 
I leaned over to whisper in Miles' ear.
 
“Are they always like this?” He sighed and nodded his head. The trio had walked over and took a seat on the steps, winking at each other. Okay…”Uhm, why are you three here?”
 
“Oh, just to check on you of course!”
 
“Then why are you winking at each other?”
 
“Unh…we just…have something in our eyes! Yeah!” Vector and Charmy started rubbing their eyes, while Espio rolled his.
 
“Bwa!” Starlight had crawled over to Espio, wanting to be picked up.
 
“Uhm, go. Shoo.” He pushed her gently towards me, but she came back.
 
“Bwa!”
 
“Go to your mother. Go.” He was swatting his hand to me. Instead, Starlight just climbed up to his lap. “Uhm…” She was staring at his horn, and decided to start pulling it, his eyes bulging out. Everyone else was trying hard to hold in their laughter. “Guys…a little help here!” Snickering a bit, I walked over and took her away, Espio rubbing his horn.
 
“Now Espio, tell me what's going on or I'll let Starlight `play' with your horn again.” I noticed Vector and Charmy were making signs, so I stared directly at them and they started whistling.
 
“Oh…hn. We just wanted to find out more about your past for the investigation. And so you know this was all Vector's idea.”
 
“Traitor!” Vector had pounced on Espio and started a ruckus. I on the other hand had sat down and stared at the ground, my bangs covering my eyes.
 
“Guys, stop. Take a look.” Miles had me in his arms and was stroking my back. He was so warm and gentle…
 
“Well, the more reason to dig in. Christina, I may not be one of those special doctors, but I am a friend. And it helps to talk to your friends about any problems or frights.”
 
“Whoa, that's deep Vector!”
 
“Quiet Charmy! You're ruining the mood!”
 
“Vector, you're ruining the `mood' as well.”
 
“Why I oughtta…quiet Espio!”
 
“Bwa…”
 
“Argh…enough of this!”
 
“Yeah, you three are giving me a headache!” Knuckles' head appeared overhead and was obviously pissed. “So quit it!” Nothing was obviously working. It was only giving me a painful migraine.
 
“If I start talkin' will you three just SHUT UP!?” Everything was silent. Not a single sound was heard. I took a deep breathe, feeling Miles' hand on my shoulder, assuring me it'll be okay. “It's true that something has been bothering me. Before I came to the island I felt like someone was watching me, someone I know. And now, he's looking for me, with a taste of blood. I can FEEL it.” I noticed how they tensed up, Miles grip tightening slightly. “And if it's real, than that means they all are searching for me.”
 
“Who is, exactly?”
 
“The leader's name is unknown to all. But the current loner watching me is possibly Runo. First, he has Sato get the scent, than he follows it no matter where it goes and never loses it, and is also…a cannibal. He's usually sent out to find traitors, to silence them for good.”
 
“Runo? Sato?”
 
“Sato…I'm not exactly sure what he does…but…he and Runo…they…there was a boy…his name was Drazen. I think he worked for the leader, but I'm not so sure. He…he tried to help me escape but…they found out and…and…they tore him apart while…he was still alive…and…and…and they ate him! Right in front of me! All because I had a crush on him!” That did it. They had stood up, filled with disbelief. I turned my head to see Miles was shaking, his eyes wide and blank. “Please Miles…stay away from me…I don't…I don't want to get close…just to…get hurt again…” The guilt inside of me had built up. I could tell how upset he was, shadows covering his eyes, his head drooped down, slouched over completely.
 
“Come on guys. You got what you wanted, now let's go.” They all walked past me, unable to think clearly. Knuckles from above couldn't bear to look at me, knowing he could never feel the same was I did if one of his friends was eaten alive before him. I heard the plane take off as I picked up Starlight. They never did come back, and Knuckles left me alone. After a couple weeks, I left, taking everything with me. I had been building a little boat or raft during the two weeks, having the Chao carry it as I flew down while holding Starlight. It was a good thing Miles taught me how to fly with my three tails. Saying farewell to the Chao, Goldy landed on my head, determined to stay with me. I sighed, deciding to let her come with me. I need to go; I can't get my brother and friends deeper into this mess.
 
-------------
 
Amy's POV
 
-----------
 
I couldn't believe what was going on. Tails wouldn't let anyone visit Christina and wouldn't fly there by himself either. Of course, she did ask him to leave her alone. So it was normal for him to be upset. But I did want to finish talking with Christina. However, I found out yesterday from Rouge that she and Starlight were gone, including their belongings and Chao, Goldy. She had gone over to visit Knuckles and saw him running all over the place. She said he looked so guilty. Also, the murders have risen. Teenage girls were getting killed all over the city. Vector thinks it's this Runo guy. I wonder who he is. I just hope my Sonic will be able to protect me.
 
I was sitting on the bench, waiting for the two racers. Cream was sitting next to me, twiddling her ear. I noticed a black wolf running through the park, looking behind trees and bushes. Probably lost something, it happened to everyone at the park. There, he found it. Strange, a baby? Guess he's either the dad or the older brother. Most likely the brother. Hmm, a red baby. Cute, yet weird, since he's black.
 
“Hey Amy!” I screamed, jumping off of the bench and breathing heavily. I looked behind me and saw Sonic and Shadow who had somehow sneaked up on me.
 
“Don't do that!”
 
“Heheh! Sorry `bout that Amy!”
 
 
-------------
 
Christina's POV
 
------------
 
 
I was so tired, my entire body numb. I just returned home from work, and I had collapsed onto the couch, not wanting to move. Those animals were frustrating, no wanting to take their baths. I worked at a pet shop, taking care of the animals. Feeding, cleaning, changing, and so on. I had problems with some of the reptiles, fearing they might bite me. And the dogs obviously hated baths, thus my tiredness. Sleep is all I want now. To drift away to dream land.
 
“Hey, you're back. About time too, your daughter is driving me crazy.” A black wolf poked his head through the kitchen entrance, leering at me with his dark blue eyes. He seemed to be covered with…mush. “She's not eating her food; instead she's throwing it at me.” Ahh, baby food. Laughing a bit, I got u after a few tries and came over, Starlight in a high chair and had her arms crossed. Once she saw me, she had a smile on her face and wanted to be picked up. The wolf had changed his filthy clothes, in a business suit instead.
 
“Bwa! Bwa!” I went over and picked her up, tickling her tummy. I took a glance at the clock, it being almost 6.
 
“You better get goin' Midnight or you'll be late.” Turning to the counter, I heard footsteps hurrying away and the door slammed. He always did that when this happened.
 
When I left the island at night I bumped into him while he was on his way home. It was very stormy and we were getting soaked. I told him a little bit of what happened, and he offered to let us live with him until we had our own place. He had connections with a few friends and got me a job at the pet shop, since I wasn't very experienced with…technology and all. It was very kind of him and unselfish. So I promised myself I'd find a way to thank him properly someday. I was very lucky to have met him; most people would've ignored me and left me out on the streets.
 
I've heard no news about Sonic or anyone. That's good, that means nothing has happened to them. I'm glad they're safe. Now, I will tell no more of my past to anyone. I will get nobody else involved with me. Not a soul.
 
“Bwa?” Oh, I almost forgot.
 
“I'm sorry Starlight. I was lost in my thoughts. I bet you're very hungry, aren't you?”
 
“Bwa!”
 
 
---------
 
Tails' POV
 
----------
 
 
Gone. Everything is gone. My soul is empty, my heart shredded. Lies. I wish they were. I was so stupid. We barely knew each other, yet I never left her alone. I kept getting closer and closer, when she needed some space. I can't believe I forgot how afraid she was of men. Then, I had to stay away for two weeks, and than she disappears. Just like that. I want to go look for her but…I just can't. Not after what happened. I should've known she'd run away again. We pestered her too much. We should've let her spill her guts when she was comfortable.
 
It sure was lonely here at the workshop. No company whatsoever, no one to talk to. Everyone was too busy with their own lives to hang out. Even Cream had a boyfriend, and I heard Shadow was seeing someone. So that left me with what, solitude. Until she came, and I was confused. Do I like her or do I hate her. I'm really not sure. But I want to see her again. Yearning to hold her, kiss her, tell her I'm sorry. If only I knew where she was…
 
The phone started ringing, which was strange since it was so late. Everyone should be in bed now. Wait, that means…
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey Tails.” I was right.
 
“Hey Midnight. Working overtime again?”
 
“That's right.” He always called whenever he worked late, since most of the employees would be home, and he liked to have someone to talk to.
 
“Been a while since I heard from you.”
 
“Enh. Been depressed lately.”
 
“Still mulling over her? I thought you'd forget her by now.”
 
“Shut up. Not like you know how it feels. You never had a girlfriend before.” Oh how wrong you are. Very, very wrong.
 
“Whatever `Romeo'.” We continued talking while continuing to work. Midnight, he was an old friend of mine. A REALLY old friend, from childhood before I met Sonic. I ran into him a few years ago and caught up. Poor guy, been suicidal for a while now. But he'll get it through his thick head and find another girl…better not be mine. I've waited and searched too long and finally found the girl of my dreams, and here is no way I'm giving her up so easily! Know what, I WILL search for her! Fuck Runo and Sato and that bastard, whatever his name is!
 
 
--------------
 
 
A/N: There we go! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And now, I must rest. For my back hurts…ouch…hee hee. Bet you weren't expecting Midnight, huh? Hee hee! Then again…my disclaimer kinda gave him away. ^^;