Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Teenage Mother ❯ Overthinking ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hooray! I finally updated! It's gonna be shorter than usual, sorry `bout that. Well, for those who read Flower Girl and Hormones, I typed it that way on purpose. In real life, people don't think `I ran away as fast as I could' or anything like that. I'm only typing what's said and thought. And as for the special guests that appeared in Hormones, well, -smirks- I decided to make them appear again…in this story. And this time, descriptions shall be given. Only one special guest will appear in this chapter, the other special guest will appear in the next chapter.
 
If anyone is curious to this, don't be afraid to ask. Want to use my characters? Just ask. Want me to add yours? Again, just ask. There will be another Sonic story that I'm using lots of OCs, but that won't be up for a while. However, if you want your character added along with mine and several of my friends', just let me know!
 
Well, enjoy!
 
 
--------
 
 
Recommendations: City of Dreams, Tears, and its sequel by Sanders X.
A New Family by Silver Shields.
 
 
--------
 
 
Disclaimer: I only own Christina, Starlight, Runo, and Midnight. The two mentioned special guests belong to my good friend Silver Shields. Everyone else, Sega.
 
 
--------
 
 
Chapter 12: Overthinking
 
 
-------
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
--------
 
 
So much time has passed, a few months really. About 2 to 3 months to be exact. My daughter and I were still living with Midnight, not that he minds. I noticed he was brightening up a bit, not a lot, but a bit. And not only that, I've started to feel…strange again. The way I felt when I was with Miles…I wonder how he's doing. Probably forgotten all about me by now. Argh, I need to get him outta my head.
 
Eyes…I've started feeling them again. He's found me once more. But, I just don't understand. Why hasn't he taken me back yet? Nothing makes sense anymore.
 
“Mama?” I smiled softly, looking down. Starlight grew up pretty quickly, like all other cubs. She's trying to talk properly right now, but we're not rushing.
 
“Yes honey?” She's become so cute. Everyone couldn't resist pinching her cheeks and giving her a piece of candy.
 
“Me hungwy.” I giggled a bit, patting her head.
 
“Ice-cream sound good?” Her eyes lighted up, a grin upon her face.
 
“Yay! Ice-cweam!” I picked her up, rubbing her nose. I took my purse and looked at myself in the mirror, making sure everything was in place. My hair was cut down to my waist, no longer at my feet. Holding my hair back was a blue headband, matching my clothing, a light blue sweater, jeans, and light blue shoes. Starlight was still in the same old dress; only her hair grew a bit longer and officially wore shoes. Not much. It really didn't get very cold around here. Breezy from time to time, but not cold enough to snow. Snow…something my little girl won't experience here. Hmm, I should probably move to one of those places that has the four seasons. Yes, that would be nice.
 
I heard the door open and looked to see it was Midnight. His eyes were red from lack of sleep, his back slumped. He ignored us and went to his room, hearing him collapse onto his bed. Poor guy, always arriving late for work.
 
“Come on honey, time to get some ice-cream.”
 
 
--------
 
 
~Runo's POV~
 
 
--------
 
 
Yes my prey, I'm right here. Watching your every move. Hmm, over time, you fell for him as well. Must be instincts to fall for someone who protects you. Well too bad my sweet, you're mine. I'll just kill both of those so called protectors of yours, just like I killed HIM. Stupid little boy, sneaking into the boss's house and taking our beloved bitch. Heh, I still remember the look in his eyes when I kissed that little wench. But that was nothing compared to when I slowly disemboweled him and ate him piece by piece with Sato. Although he wasn't even as half as good as her.
 
Hmm, should I tell the boss? Feh! Why should I. Then again, he has been growing restless recently. There were rumors of people snooping around our business. Maybe I should eat them up? No, that would cause trouble if they were involved with the police. That would make this new year `wonderful'.
 
Now, just where are you going today my sweet? Hmm, that little brat is with her. Red, color of that perverted bat. How dare he touch what belongs to me. If I could, I'd devour that little shit. He heh. I wonder if she'll be delicious like her mother, or disgusting like her father. It makes me think, why didn't she get rid of it? The child of the one who raped her. Then again, it was too late. And no one would want to adopt a FREAK. And if she left it in the trash, she'd be taken in for murder. Heh. She had no choice but to keep the abomination, no wonder.
 
Well, once I take her back to the boss, it'll be gone. The boss will be selling that thing to someone else to fuck. There were a few offers from Texas and California, even a couple from Mexico. Heheheh.
 
Hmm, I better check in with the boss now, or he'll get suspicious. I'll be back my little dish, watching, and waiting. I can't wait to taste your blood, oozing from your body while you salty tears drip down your face, body shaking with your sobs of sorrow and pain. What a beautiful sight, I could just picture it right now. Heh, I'm hungry again. Better wait until get to Station Square.
 
 
-------
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
-------
 
 
Despite it being February, it's so…warm. I'm not quite used to this sort of weather. Hee. I wonder how they would react if they saw me like this. They'd probably never recognize me. Except maybe my brother, since he knows about my seasonal changes. Midnight definitely became shocked when he saw my eyes. No longer a brown, but a crystal blue. Hmm, I wonder if Starlight has inherited my changing genes. No, she's still the same.
 
“Mama! Ice-cweam!” Oh, I did it again. I think too much, silly me. Now, to get my daughter a treat. I picked her up, letting her look at the various choices. I smiled softly as her eyes widened, looking through the glass myself. I was her reflection, a brief flash of HIM replacing her, instantly chewing the side of my mouth. No, I will NOT have another fit. No. I CAN'T have them find me. Ignore the reflection. Ignore the ears and wings. Forget the face, happy thoughts. Such as…Moonstar. Yes, think of her daughter Moonlight.
 
That's right, I'm not a mother. I don't have a baby. There is no Starlight. There was no living thing growing inside of me. The child I'm holding is Moonlight. Yes, Moonlight. I'm taking care of Moonlight since her mother is dead. Moonlight is here. There is no Starlight. There never was a Starlight.
 
“Mama?”
 
“Wha'?” Oh, not again. “Yes dear?”
 
“I want dat one!” Faking a smile, I paid for it, the worker hading her a small cone with chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream. With her free hand she grabbed onto mine, the other holding the cone. We went to the park, a playground a few feet away. This playground was built specifically for our kind, since we didn't grow as big as the humans. Well, the majority of us. While she ate, I watched the other children, their mothers watching nearby. Sometimes I'd see one of them look at me, than sneer with disgust.
 
No, she's not my child. She's someone else's child. Her mother is dead, so I'm taking care of her. That's what happened. I'm not a mother. I'm not a mother. I'm not.
 
“Mama?”
 
 
-------
 
 
~Starlight's POV~
 
 
-------
 
 
Mama…why does Mama wook wike dat? Am me a bad girl? Me hear her talk…saying weird dings.
 
“I don't know how much longer I can take it! Why…why did she…I'm losing my mind…” Mama?
 
“Christina, she's your daughter. That's that. It isn't her fault she looks like her fa-“
 
“Shut up! Don't say it!” Mama…
 
“I have an idea. Maybe you should have therapy, that way-“
 
“No. I can't…I can't go…” Why Mama?
 
“Why?”
 
“I can't tell you…I'm sorry…”
 
Me don't know most of it. What's derapy? And what's a fa? And…why does Mama call me Moonlight? Do me have a sister dat wooks wike me?
 
“Mama?” She wooks sad.
 
“Yes honey?” Mama…
 
“Want my ice-cweam?” Ice-cweam always makes Mama happy.
 
“Are you sure? You love ice-cream.”
 
“Yup!” To make you happy Mama. “Me gonna pway now!” Me will make Mama happy.
 
“Look at the freak.”
 
“Hey, she has wings and 3 tails.”
 
“Stay away from her.”
 
“Don't touch her.”
 
“Why don't we throw rocks?”
 
“No, her mom's watching.”
 
“Starlight.”
 
“Yes Midnight?”
 
“No matter what happens, keep smiling.”
 
“Why?”
 
“It keeps your mama happy.”
 
“But what if me get hurt?”
 
“Don't cry.”
 
“Why?”
 
“It will make your mama sad.”
 
“Oh, okay! Me will keep Mama happy!”
 
 
--------
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
--------
 
 
Good, she's asleep now. That way I don't have to worry while cooking dinner. Let's see, I'll make…meatloaf today. Midnight said it's good, so I'll give it a try. Now, gotta take out the pans.
 
“How you faring today?” Oh, he must have tonight off.
 
“Fine I guess, but…”
 
“But what?”
 
“The kids at the park, they were giving her a dirty look. Same with their mothers. I just had to get her away from them. I know how violet people can get.” Violent toward us hybrids. If we're not famous or important, we're trash to them. She doesn't deserve that.
 
“That's city life for you. Find a place yet?” A new home…
 
“I've been thinking somewhere with all the seasons, that way she can experience them. And plenty of nature, so she can run around and climb trees.” Likes my old home…
 
“Hmm…what about an ocean?” Oceans…sharks…jellyfish…
 
“No, too dangerous. But a small lake would be nice.” Yes, it sounds like a wonderful dream home…but there is always a catch.
 
“Sounds like the Midwest, famous for its tornadoes.” Tornado…cyclone…hurricane… “W-Why are you crying? Christina? Are you afraid of tornadoes? I'm sorry, I didn't-“
 
“I-It's all right, I-I'm fine.” Those…are the names of his planes. I…I HAVE to forget him. I CAN'T fall in love, ever. So…I'll have to forget Midnight too. I have to leave soon; I don't want him to die either. If I stay here any longer he'll…he'll…
 
“Christina, shh. Calm down, I'm here. Just let it all out, okay? Don't keep everything bottled in…” I…I…
 
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” I DON'T WANT TO FORGET! I CAN'T FORGET! MILES! I MIS SYOU SO MUCH! BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE! BUT I STIL WANT TO SEE YOU SO MUCH!
 
“Shh…that's it, let it out…”
 
 
--------
 
 
~Tails' POV~
 
 
---------
 
 
Where are they? I thought we all agreed to meet here at 6:30 sharp. Oh, there's one of them now. He was a little older than me, a cross fox with sienna brown fur. His platinum blonde hair was spiked, a few red streaks here and there with white and silver highlights. His blue eyes showed he was tired, but somewhat refreshed. He was wearing a grey zip up turtleneck sweater with tan cargos, brown sneakers, and good old white gloves. Around his neck was a bronze pendant, a gift from an old friend of his. That was Dexter, we met a few years ago, and he's pretty good with guns.
 
“Hey Tails, where's Midnight?” Shrugging, I just took a sip of my soda.
 
“Don't know, he does have today off. Then again, he lives in Westopolis.” Speak of the devil, there he is now. Huh, his shirt is stained.
 
“Sorry I'm late, had to deal with something.”
 
“A girl?” Bingo, his eyes prove it. “So you finally moved on.”
 
“Shut up, it's not like that. She and her kids needed a place to stay, that's all.”
 
“Ahh, playing the nice guy to warm up to her.”
 
“Shut up! Dexter's the one with the pregnant girlfriend!” Great, now Dexter's pissed.
 
“Hey, it's not her fault!” Funny, we all have, well, had in my case, girls with some other guy's kid. The irony.
 
 
--------
 
 
“Come on, you know you like it. There were no stars or moon, only the clouds and the pitter patter of the rain.
 
“S-Stop it.” The grass was slippery, water trickling down the leaves.
 
“Don't be afraid, just relax.” Puddles were scattered everywhere.
 
“Get off…get off!” Salty drops were merging with the rain.
 
“Loosen up, I promise that it'll make you feel good.” Two shadows were beneath the trees.
 
“No…no! Stop!” A third one appeared.
 
“Fuckin' thief.” Birds flew off, red splattered on the trees and grass, joining with the rain and tears.
 
 
-------
 
 
A/N: So, you guys enjoy it? I know that it's weird with Starlight, but animals grow up faster than humans. So, I slightly sped up her mind. Although she's still very young, this is why she still needs to learn how to talk. Sorry I made Christina go crazy, but there's so much she can take. She has this daughter, from a man who raped her, several other men after her who wants to take her back, a couple of them even being cannibals. And of course, there's more than that. Would anyone remain sane with all that happening to them? No.