Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Emerald's Child ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

_UsagiGirl_: Let's get going with the plot!! Onward!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Midori woke up the next day from Tikal shaking her. "Huh? Why do I have to get up this early?"

"C'mon Honey," Tikal coaxed. Midori noticed that her mother's eyes were full of unshed tears.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"You have to go, Honey."

"What?"

"You have to leave home. It's for your own good. I've already packed your bags," Tikal whimpered, handing Midori a suitcase. Tikal then fled the room, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

Midori quickly dressed to go find her mother and rushed out to see her father standing by the door. Midori found a cereal bar on the table. She grabbed it and rushed over to Knuckles.

"Why did Mom say that I have to go, Dad?" Midori demanded.

"Someone is after the Emerald. We can't let them get to it," Knuckles explained. "I've arranged for two of my old friends to help you. You're going to be traveling with them, I don't know how long. I'll try to contact you if it's safe. Be respectful." Knuckles kissed his daughter's head one last time.

Midori walked out the door and found a black and red hedgehog in a red dress. "'Mornin' sleepy head! I'm Mikage!" the woman said happily, sticking out a hand for Midori to shake. She was wearing a red sleeveless dress with black trim. Mikage looked as though she was in her mid-twenties.

"Uh, hello, Ms, Mikage," Midori said unsurely, shaking Mikage's hand. "Are you the one I'll be traveling with?"

"Ugh! `Ms. Mikage'? That makes me sound so old! You can just call me Mikage!" Mikage said. "And I'm one of the people you'll be with. My husband is the other."

Husband? Mikage looks far too young to be married! Thought Midori as Mikage led her down the driveway and outside of the gate surrounding Midori's house. There was a man leaning on the gate Midori assumed was Mikage's husband. Midori couldn't see who it was or anything of what he looked like because he was wearing a black cloak that flowed down past his feet and had a hood covering his face. I suppose I, the author, could tell you who it is, but I'd rather watch you suffer.

"Hi! I'm Midori! Nice to meet you!" Midori piped, sticking out her hand.

"I know who you are. You may call me Hiromasa," the cloaked man said, ignoring Midori's hand and walking to his black hover craft. He unlocked the door and opened the passenger seat door for Mikage. She smiled and got in and Hiromasa got in on his side. Midori let herself into the back seat.

"So, um, are we going to your house or what?" Midori asked.

"Nope! We've gotta go on a ROAD TRIP!!! It's to keep ya safe and just have fun, too!" Mikage cheerily said to Midori. Then Mikage started singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and convinced Midori to join in too. She then started elbowing Hiromasa to sing. He refused, looking irritated after a while. "Just the men now!" Mikage shouted. Hiromasa still refused to sing, so Mikage turned on a CD with the song on it and hummed the tune. Midori found a book in her suitcase and read for a while. Eventually, Mikage and Midori both fell asleep.

Hiromasa got out his earpiece-phone in and dialed a number.

"Yo, Sonic? Hey bud, I got them. ARK? Are you sure? But won't he find… Okay, okay. Man, you haven't changed at all. Still stubborn as a mule. Okay, I better go. I'll spend the night on a camping ground. Okay, bye." Hiromasa pulled into "Al's Wild, Wild Campin' Grounds" for the night. He eventually fell asleep in his seat and dreamed of younger days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

_UsagiGirl_: Aw, how sweet! Are you into the story yet? Keep going please! R&R!