Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Emerald's Child ❯ Beach-y Action! Yay! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

_UsagiGirl_: I intervene slightly in this chapter…but you get some action and drama, too! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Midori woke up the next morning from the sun shining into her face through the window. She sat upright and stretched. Her back hurt from laying on the car seat. She opened the door and saw Mikage squatting by a fire and cooking eggs. "Hiya! How do you like your eggs cooked?" Mikage asked perkily.

"How do you stay so up-beat all the time with Hiromasa-sama as your husband?" Mikage asked. "He seems so cold, and distant. Oh, and scrambled, please."

"He's really not that bad. He's a great guy when you get to know him. It might help if you if you saw his face though. He's SO hot!" Mikage said merrily. "It might have helped that I sa-"

"SHHHHH!! You're going to give away his identity! Don't make me kill you off!" the author threatened.

"AAACK! Where's that voice coming from?" Midori asked in bewilderment. "Anyway, that's still not a reason to be happy so much! What's your secret?"

Suddenly, Mikage's eyes looked far away and seemed colder. "I wasn't always like this. I was depressed; there was no end to anything," Mikage mumbled softly. "Then one day I saw uh, `Hiromasa' on the streets, and I knew right there he was the one for me! I cleaned up my act, did something the author would kill me for saying because it gives away who he is, and we ended up together." Mikage smiled, looking into the sunlight. "Oh, good morning, Sweetie."

Midori spun around and saw Hiromasa standing right behind her holding two Aspirin and a cup of water. He took the pills and went over to Mikage. He bent down and, Midori guessed he kissed her from what he did, but she couldn't really tell because of the hood on his cloak. "Here're your eggs, Hon," Mikage chirped, handing Hiromasa his eggs. Mikage also handed Midori her eggs, then put out the fire. "When'll we be leaving?"

"In about 45 minutes," Hiromasa said, chewing his eggs.

"So soon?" Mikage frowned. "Is there something wrong?" Mikage suddenly looked worried and softly whispered, "Did they find us?"

"Not that I know. I'll tell you later."

"Uh, if we have forty-five minutes, I'll go for a jog. Is that okay?" Midori asked because it was obvious Hiromasa was waiting for her to leave.

"Sure it's okay, Midi! Just don't stray too far!" Mikage said.

Mikage left the campsite through the back and noticed that there was a beach. She walked along the shore for a while and spotted a horseshoe crab scuttling away. Midori followed it, trying to work out everything that was going on. Before she knew it, she was very far away from her camping spot. Worried about how long it had been, she spun around and started to run back. When she got to camp, she stopped at the sight of a red and orange motor boat that was beached in front of the camp site. It looked like it was built for someone very heavy, and had the picture of an EXTREMELY ugly man's head on the side. Midori looked up to her site and saw a man (who was very fat) just walking up to the site.

"Hello, my friend. Long time no see. Oh, yes, I remember why it was... you killed me," the man laughed insanely.

"B-but, how…" Hiromasa faltered.

"Oh, it was your own little `love' theory that saved me! Apparently, there was a fox that loved me somewhere (I mean, who wouldn't?) who kept me from dying. Ha ha!"

"Well, she's dead now, so you have no one to save you this time." Hiromasa attacked the man with amazing speed. He seemed to barely even move. The fat man looked barely phased.

"Give up now! Where is the child?" said the fat man.

"I don't have her!" Hiromasa said, breathing quickly.

"You aren't strong enough to do this many more times, and I've gotten stronger!"

Midori ran towards them as the fat guy picked up Hiromasa and crushed him. Hiromasa turned his head toward her. "No Ruri-Rusui! Stay back!" Hiromasa yelled as she got closer. The fat man looked at Midori and dropped Hiromasa to the ground. He turned to Midori and looked as though he was going to grab her when Midori stopped running. She couldn't control herself, she just stopped. She felt a sharp pain in her chest and power and pain shot through her entire body. She was lifted up into the air, and light exploded into a blinding flash, and then disappeared altogether. Midori fell to the ground, unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

_UsagiGirl_: Oh no! What's going to happen? Wait, I've already written the story. But I won't post the rest if you don't REVIEW!!