Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Iron Heart MK II ❯ Crazy Sonic Battle ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story except for Metal Sonic 2. The others are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

It's time for a fight! And...stuff...yeah!

Chapter 5: Crazy Sonic Battle

"Okay..." Sonic thought to himself. "Bring it on!" The hedgehog dashed out from behind the trees, and met Metal Sonic in a clearing. They stared each other down, steeling themselves for battle. Metal-2 saw an opportunity, and snuck around behind Robotnik.

"Hey, fatty!" Metal-2 shouted as he armed his blasters and fired a few shots at Robotnik's ship. They did minimal damage, but alerted the scientist to the robot's presence. He spun the ship around to face Metal-2.

"You! I have you now!" Robotnik shouted, and held up the control device. It was exactly what the robot wanted him to do. Metal-2 aimed carefully and fired his right arm blasters. The shots hit Robotnik's wrist, and he dropped the remote as he pulled his hand back in.

"Thanks for the gift!" Metal-2 said to him as he rushed over and picked the device up. He quickly tossed it into his leg compartment, and faced the scientist.

"I'll make you pay for that!" The man responded, and pulled a lever in his ship. A large chaingun lowered from the bottom of the vehicle, and its six barrels began to revolve.

Meanwhile, Sonic had engaged in a fight with his robotic self. They streaked back and forth through the forest, clashing together in quill-filled tackle attacks. They both landed in the clearing, Sonic breathing heavily and Metal Sonic plotting his next move.

"Is that all you've got?" the robot asked.

"Nope" Sonic forced out. "I've got plenty more..."

"Then let's dance!" Metal Sonic challenged, and Sonic accepted it.

The robot flew toward Sonic, and the hedgehog rolled to the side just in time to evade the hit. Metal Sonic couldn't stop quickly enough and slammed into a tree. He quickly pulled himself from it, and turned around. As soon as he did, Metal Sonic found himself being hit in the face by a spinning blue ball. Sonic bounced off the robot, and landed several feet away.

Robotnik took aim at Metal-2 and began firing. Metal-2 used his leg jets to strafe around the ship, and they both continued to face each other as they moved. A trail of bullet holes in the dirt followed Metal-2, and no matter how hard Robotnik tried, he couldn't catch his aim up to the machine. Without warning, Metal-2 shot straight up into the air, high above Robotnik.

"Huh? Where'd he go?" The scientist frantically wondered as he looked back and forth between his radar and the sky. There was a tiny shimmer far off on the horizon, and a few seconds later, Metal-2 erupted forwards, flying head-on into Robotnik's ship. There was a deafening shriek of twisting metal as the robot impacted, and Robotnik was knocked unconscious as Metal-2 continued to push him and his ship away.

Sonic and Metal Sonic took each other on again, and the robot managed to chance a grab on Sonic's arm. He spun around and hurled Sonic into the air. The hedgehog arced across the sky and landed in a nearby river. The trauma of it all resulted in Sonic being barely aware of what was happening, and the swift current forced him into a large tree root, and the hedgehog grabbed onto it, saving him from drowning. Metal Sonic was approaching quickly, though, making his way through the trees. Sonic felt someone tugging at his shoulder, and found himself being pulled out of the water.

"Thanks..." Sonic instinctively said as his vision cleared to see who it was.

"You're welcome, Sonic." His rescuer answered, and Sonic realized that it was Tails.

"What are you doing here? Don't you know it's dangerous?" Sonic asked, and Tails barely had time to answer.

"I snuck out to help you. I can't let you do this alone!" He said just as Metal Sonic arrived on the other side of the water.

Sonic got to his feet with Tails's help, and they faced Metal Sonic. The robot was dented up, and his left head spike was broken off, but he refused to give up. He began to hover a few inches above the ground, and charged at them. Tails pulled Sonic out of the way, and Metal Sonic narrowly missed hitting another tree.

Sonic faced Tails. "Thanks for your help, big guy, but you need to get out of here."

Tails looked into Sonic's eyes, and shook his head slowly. "No, Sonic, I'm gonna prove to you what I can do!" The fox then escaped from Sonic and rushed off after the enemy robot. Sonic had no choice but to give chase after them both.

Far away, Metal-2 had finally slowed to a stop. He looked down at the wreckage of Robotnik's ship, and saw the scientist barely alive inside of it. The robot's head was badly damaged, and its delicate internal components were exposed. Metal-2's computer core was encased in several layers if various materials, creating a nearly indestructible shell for it. As such, it was undamaged, allowing Metal-2 to stay alive. However, many of the sensors in his head were disabled or destroyed, so he had little knowledge of where he was. His vision was failing, and he quickly landed.

"REPAIRS NEEDED." Metal-2's secondary computers told him, and he rested a hand on the damaged chaingun that was attached to the remains of Robotnik's ship. It was made of metal that could be converted into new parts for him, and he decided to use it as a source of material. The robot deployed a swarm of nanytes, which dismantled an area of the gun part by part and carried it up to his head. The process was fairly slow, and Metal-2 sat down next to the gun with his hand on it as the tiny robots continued. He knew that patrols would be coming soon to recover Robotnik, and hoped he'd have enough time.

As this was happening, Sonic and Tails were busy with a failing Metal Sonic. Despite Sonic's numerous orders to leave, Tails continued to fight. Sonic wouldn't admit it, but he secretly wanted to see what Tails could do. So he didn't put much force behind his commands. They rushed back and forth at Metal Sonic, surrounding him and hitting with spin attacks when the chance came up. Metal Sonic tried repeatedly to grab them when they came near, and almost succeeded a few times, but couldn't manage to do it. And he was taking damage fast.

"Come on, Tails, he can't take much more!" Sonic shouted to the fox.

"Let's get him!" Tails answered, noticing that Sonic was supporting his efforts this time.

They backed away, one on each side of the robot. Metal Sonic looked back and forth between them, and began to realize what they were going to do. His fears were confirmed when his opponents both charged up spin dash attacks and simultaneously came at him. Metal Sonic tried to jump out of the way, but all his damage prevented him from being fast enough. The robot took the hit harshly as bits and pieces of him were torn off and flung every which way.

Sonic and Tails dug in like buzz saws, slowly loosing momentum. Metal Sonic was falling apart and his legs were quickly gone. His body and head suffered after the arms were torn off, and the attacks continued until Sonic and Tails were too tired to continue. With their last bits of energy, they jumped away from the robot just as he went up in a massive explosion. The shockwave rumbled through the forest, chasing birds from trees. Sonic and Tails sat down next to each other against a tree.

"Whew...That was pretty good, buddy." Sonic said, breathing heavily.

"Thanks..." Tails answered, also straining for air. "It was kinda fun."

"Now you see why I like it so much." Sonic told him.

"Like what so much?" A voice surprised them both. Sally walked out from the trees. She saw the damage, and the crater that Metal Sonic had left.

"Aunt Sally, it was soooo cool!" Tails cheered, but was quickly calmed by a disapproving look from Sally. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Tails, how many times have I told you that--" She started, but was interrupted by Sonic.

"Oh, come off it, Sal. Tails did a good job, and I couldn't have done it without him" The hedgehog told her sternly. "It's time we realized that he's not just a kid."

Tails gave a pleading look to Sally, and she glanced back and forth between it and Sonic's stern face. Finally, she tossed her arms in the air and sighed. "I give up!" She told them, and quietly added to herself. "...Sometimes I wonder if my princess title means anything anymore..."

Sonic chuckled at this as Tails celebrated. The orange of the late afternoon sky was pierced slightly by something blue in the air, and Sonic was the first to notice it. It was Metal-2, and he landed near them. They weren't sure if he was friend or foe, but their question was soon answered when a pink blur blew past them and into Metal-2. They all looked to see Amy Rose hugging Metal-2 tightly. The robot was fully repaired, but caught off guard by Amy.

"Oh, Metal, I'm so glad to see that you're safe!" Amy cheered as she embraced the robot.

"Looks like there's another advantage to having him around." Tails whispered to Sonic, leaning over to him. The hedgehog snickered and nodded.

When Amy had calmed down, Metal-2 approached the rest of them. He reached into his leg compartment, and pulled out the control device. The robot walked over to Sally and handed it to her.

"I hope you find this useful." He said, and Sally nodded.

Sonic looked up at Amy. "Hey, Amy, what's with all the cheering for Metal? I thought you were MY fan!" He joked.

"Oh, I am. I was just repaying him for this morning." She answered, happily.

After a while, they all began returning home. Metal-2 stayed outside, however. He would've been the last to go in, so no one noticed that he stayed behind. No one, that is, except for Amy. She had the door to Knothole open in her hand, but saw that Metal-2 wasn't coming. Amy let the door close as she approached the machine.

"Hey...Aren't you coming in?" She asked, curiously.

"No, not yet. There's something I've been wanting to do." He answered, looking up at the sky.

"Really? What?" Amy wondered, and Metal-2 turned his head to face her.

"There are a lot of things I've missed out on since I was created. I've only been around a couple of days now, but my mind feels much older. It's full of knowledge, but has little experience of anything in life." He said, and Amy thought about what he said for a moment before answering.

"Like what?" She asked him, and Metal-2 rubbed his chin.

"Well, seeing as how it's so late in the day, I suppose I should start with a sunset. It's almost time." He said, and began to lift into the air to see above the trees.

Amy looked up to him. "Metal, wait..."

The robot stopped mid-air, and looked down at her. "Yes?"

Amy looked down at the ground for a moment before returning her view to the robot. "Can I come with you? It's been ages since I took the time to see one."

"Certainly." The robot responded. He flew down and opened his arms. Amy hopped into them, and they rose above the forest canopy. The sun was a bright amber in color as they both watched it set together.

"So what did you think of it?" Amy asked after it was over.

"I'm not certain that I thought anything of it. That's the problem. Something like that is beyond my reach, I think." He answered.

"I don't know about that. You were the one who wanted to see it, so there must be something in you that understands." Amy told him.

Metal-2 looked at her face for a moment, and then back at the horizon. "I don't know. Lately I've been trying to figure out what I'm capable of in terms of understanding."

"Can you feel emotions?" She asked, wondering if it were possible.

"I know I can simulate them, but I don't know if I can feel them. I don't know what it's like to feel anything, so I may never know." He told her, sadly.

Amy looked into his eyes as he watched the horizon. She felt sorry for him, and wished she could help. "But what can I do?" Amy silently wondered.

They began to descend toward the ground, and soon made a landing. Metal-2 carried Amy to Knothole's entrance, and gently put her down. They went inside, and made their way to one of the buildings that served as a sort of hotel for those passing by, such as Amy. Metal-2 walked her up to the door, and opened it for her.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then." The robot said, looking at the ground. Amy walked up to him.

"Yeah, I guess so..." She said, and gave him a quick hug before entering. Metal-2 let the door close as he left to get to Sonic's house.

The robot arrived, and was greeted by Sonic. The robot walked in, and sat down next to Tails, who was eating something. The fox looked up at him.

"Want some?" He asked, jokingly.

Metal-2 shook his head. "No thanks, I don't eat." He tapped a finger on his muzzle. "No mouth."

"Heh heh, I know." Tails said, happily. "It's a joke."

"Oh..." Metal-2 replied, and his eyes shifted around a bit as he stared toward the ground, thinking.

Sonic walked in, carrying some food. "Lay off, Tails, you're confusing him. I think his mind's been through enough today." He said, smiling.

"You have NO idea..." Metal-2 thought to himself, going over the day in his mind. He replayed the various events, but one thing kept coming back to him: Amy. He couldn't figure out why, though.

Meanwhile, far away...

The blackness of night was broken by several searchlights as a group of flying robots scanned the area. The beam of the light slowly came over the collapsed Robotnik and the wreckage that surrounded him. The robots hovered down and freed the scientist from it. They carried him back to Robotropolis, where he would recover from his injuries...

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Why won't the fat guy die?!

And what's with Metal-2 and Amy?

Stay tuned, and please review!