Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Adventures of Rouge the Bat ❯ Time around the house ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter four- Time Around The House

Rouge woke the next morning to the sound of Shadow screaming, “Ahhh! It’s the attack of the “Get Well Soon!” cards!”

Apparently, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and some of Rouge’s government agent friends had made some “Get Well” cards and slipped them through the window. Rouge figured they had all ended up on Shadow’s face by the way he was running around with his hands covering his face.

“Whew, that was a close one,” Shadow said, before realizing that he was being watched.

“Uhh,” Shadow mumbled.

Rouge laughed. “Next time you’re attacked by “Get Well” cards, you should leave it to me.”

“Well, they caught me off guard.” Shadow replied. “Maybe I need some coffee. Want some?”

“No thanks,” Rouge answered. “I’ll just get some rest of something.”

Shadow left to get some coffee. Rouge lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. She wondered whether she should try to clean up around Club Rouge. After all, it was pretty messy most of the time.

“But how will I get around?” she asked herself. Rouge heard the sound of Shadow’s motorcycle starting up, and knew he was going somewhere. Where, she didn’t know, but still, he went out quite a lot now. He was probably getting some help for something from Tails. After all, neither of them could work a coffee machine. It was then when rouge remembered that she had to pay Joe for the coffee that she had bought the other day.

Rouge sat up, enduring the pain from her wound, and looked around. Certainly there was something she could use to get around with. But all there was around the room were a few odds and ends that weren’t really useful. Rouge sighed.

Just then, Shadow returned on his motorcycle. Rouge heard him walking down the hallway, seemingly pulling something heavy. “Rouge, I’m back,” he said, and entered the room. Shadow had been carrying a wheelchair, with an orange-yellow symbol on it. The symbol was a ball with two tails on the back, and Rouge figured it was built by Tails.

“Tails built this for you.” Shadow continued, and placed it at the side of Rouge’s bed.

“That was nice of him.” Rouge replied. “I was planning on cleaning up this dump.”

“Yeah, I figured you’d want to do that.” Shadow said.

Rouge struggled onto the wheelchair while Shadow went to get the cleaning tools. They were dirty themselves, since they hadn’t been used very often. Shadow ran them under water and brought them to Rouge.

“Let’s start in here,” Rouge said, picking up some clothes off the floor. She wheeled over to the clothes basket and put them inside. Shadow picked up all of the junk off of the floor and put it in a box. He shoved the box under Rouge’s bed. They took a half an hour to pick up all of the clothes and junk off the floor and got Rouge’s room looking clean. Rouge and Shadow then went out into the hall and dusted around.

Shadow coughed. “This place really needs cleaning.” He put a mask on over his mouth and went back to dusting. Rouge looked around and decided they should repaint the walls when she was feeling better. After the hall was looking spiffy, they headed to Shadow’s room.

His room was probably the messiest in the house. Rouge noted that not only did Shadow have clothes all over his floor, there was all kind of stuff making it impossible to walk around in. “Okay, your room really needs to be cleaned.” Rouge commented, helping Shadow pick up his clothes. Shadow smiled as he dumped a whole armload of clothes into the basket. He looked around and spotted a box that he could also shove things into. He picked up his junk and placed it into the box.

Rouge wheeled over, commenting, “You’re going to have a hard time trying to shove that under your bed!”

“Yeah,” Shadow replied. He still went on shoving. After a while, Shadow and Rouge rearranged the junk in the box so that it fit neatly under the bed when Shadow tried again.

It took up 2 more hours before they finally had all of Club Rouge looking as clean as it had when it was first opened.

“Whew!” Rouge sighed, wiping sweat off her forehead. “That was difficult. But I sure showed that doctor! I was active all day!”

“It’s only 3:47.” commented Shadow. He placed all of the cleaning tools back into the cabinet. “Want a late lunch?” he asked.

“If it’s pizza, count me in.” Rouge replied. They went off to the kitchen and ate lunch.

Rouge was back on her bed in her room after lunch. Shadow was getting out a sleeping bag this time, so he’d be more comfortable that night.

Rouge looked down at Shadow. “When should we get married?” she asked. Shadow looked up from unrolling his sleeping bag. “Hmmm, good question.”

“I want it as soon as possible.” Rouge said. “But not so soon, like in three or four months.”

Shadow thought for a moment before answering. “That sounds good. We should start planning if that’s when we’ll have it.” He laid down on his sleeping bag and stared at the ceiling, thinking.

Rouge looked up at the ceiling, too. “This is going to be great! But we’ll need a better place to live in, though.”

“Me and Tails were already planning that.” Shadow said. “You know that empty area near here?”

“Yeah,” answered Rouge. “Why?”

“Well, we were thinking about building a house there. That way we could still run Club Rouge.”

Rouge smiled. “That might work out. And it wouldn’t require much work to take our stuff there.”

Shadow looked at Rouge. Smiling, he said, “You are so beautiful.”

Rouge looked back into Shadow’s red eyes. “Thanks. You know, you aren’t so bad looking yourself!”

They both started laughing.

“I love you so much.” Shadow said. Rouge replied with, “I do too.”