Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Adventures of Rouge the Bat ❯ Supermarket spy ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter three- Super Market Spy

Most people think that a supermarket isn’t all that bad. But, for strange reasons, Rouge had to spy around in a supermarket on another one of her spy missions. The supermarket was a meeting place for two highly dangerous people.

Rouge was walking around the supermarket, pretending to be shopping, but at the same time, actually was shopping. Cruising the aisles for any strangely acting people, Rouge observed the movements of every person she saw. Strangely enough, the president could have been wrong, since everyone was acting normally.

“Okay, if I’m going to shop, I should at least get some of those Twinkie things that Shadow likes, though I don’t know why he couldn’t just go and get them himself.” Rouge said to herself. Peering over to the aisle next to the one she was currently heading for, Rouge decided nothing suspicious was going on in aisle 12, and headed for the Hostess section.

To her surprise, Sonic was in the Hostess section, angrily complaining that there were no Choc-o-diles there.

“Oh, man!” Sonic complained. “Well, at least they have the Zingers that Tails wanted here.” Rouge hurried over to Sonic.

“Sonic? What are you doing here?” Rouge asked, though it might have been a stupid question.

“Rouge? Well, I’m shopping for food. Me and Tails ran out last night.” Sonic said. “Anyway, a reliable, furry limousine driver told us that you and Shadow are engaged!”

“Yeah,” Rouge said, smiling. “Hey, you haven‘t seen any suspicious activity around here, have you? I’m on a mission, and two of the top ten criminals are meeting here.”

“So that’s what that guy is!” Sonic said. “He was acting like someone was going to meet him here. He kept looking around, as if he could get in trouble for standing.”

Rouge asked where Sonic saw the man. “Around the corner of aisle 9.” Sonic replied.

“Thanks!” Rouge said as she quietly hurried off to “get some bread.”

She stopped at the corner, hearing to men talking back and forth between each other.

“Yeah, I’ve got the blueprints right here.” one said.

“Good, let’s see them.” the other said.

“We can sneak into the government’s spy agency by going through this vent.” the first said.

Rouge gasped. They were planning to infiltrate the government spy agency’s headquarters! Unfortunately, Rouge’s gasp was loud enough for the criminals to hear. Rouge quickly covered up by saying, “Wow, this bread is 75% off!” The criminals decided that they should move somewhere else to talk. They headed toward aisle 16, at the end where the pickles were. Rumor was that the pickles are so bad that no one ever goes down at the end of aisle 16.

Rouge followed silently, and was able to hear that they were going to brake into the government spy agency’s headquarters to steal all of the combinations to the bank’s safes! However, Rouge knew they were well hidden. It would take someone as clever as her to find them, and Rouge was out of the ordinary.

“So, when are we going to break in?” the second criminal asked.

“The question is, ‘How are we going to break in?’” the first replied. “There are SPIES all over that place!”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it covered! I’ve got contacts with twenty of the world’s most dangerous criminals, and we are all going at the same time!” the second said.

“Perfect! We are going to be feared for eternity by everyone!”

Rouge had had enough. Rouge gut out her gun and jumped around the corner of the aisle. “I order you to put your hands in sight and drop the blueprints!”

The criminals were extremely surprised, and actually did drop the blueprints. However, one of them didn’t follow orders and pulled a gun out of his pocket.

“I’m sorry, lady, but you aren’t going to stop us!” he shouted.

Rouge took a step back. “Drop your weapon, or I’ll be forced to shoot!” Rouge became more nervous.

“I’m afraid it isn’t you who will be shooting,” the criminal said, “because it will be me who fires!”

The two criminals backed away. Rouge didn’t move. “Have it your way!” the criminal said. He fired at the frightened white bat, who wasn’t able to dive out of the way at the right moment. The bullet struck hard, and Rouge blacked out.

Rouge woke in a bed at the Station Square General Hospital. Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sonic were all seated in the room.

“Wha…?” Rouge moaned, sitting up in bed. Shadow and the others noticed she had woken and walked over.

“Rouge, are you okay?” Shadow asked. Rouge looked around the room and noticed that her lower torso was wrapped in a few layers of bandages. “I don’t know,” Rouge replied, “I have a terrible pain in my lower body!”

“You were shot by those criminals.” Tails said. “you were lucky that Sonic was there getting groceries, or you might not have been so lucky!”

Sonic blushed. “It’s nothing, really. I couldn’t have let your and Shadow’s wedding plans just end like that!”

Shadow gave Sonic a playful smack on the back. “Yeah, you’re a good friend!”

Rouge winced as she tried to adjust her position. “That really stings!”

“Yeah,” Knuckles said, “the doctor said you shouldn’t move around too much.”

Rouge gave a weak smile, before remembering about the plans of the two criminals. “Guys! I have to speak with the president!”

“Yeah, about that,” Shadow said, “when the bullet hit you, it smashed your communications link.” He held out a smashed up device with a hole in it.

“But this is important! Twenty criminals are going to break into the Government Spy Agency!” Rouge cried. She tried to get up, but her wound prevented her.

“Rouge, we’ll try to get contact with the president, but it will be difficult!” Tails said.

Just then, three of the president’s secret agents came in through the door.

“We heard that you discovered the villains’ plans.” one of the men said.

“Yes!” Rouge cried. “They are planning to infiltrate the Government Spy Agency and steal the combinations to all of the safes in the banks of America! They’re planning to do it with twenty other criminals!” Rouge winced yet again as she tried to sit up. “You have to do something!”

“Don’t worry,” the second one said, “We’ll contact the rest at the Government Spy Agency and alert them. You did a good job.”

The men left, leaving Rouge, her fiancé, and her friends alone in the room for a moment before the doctor came in.

“Well, Rouge,” the doctor said, making his way toward her, “It’s lucky that you didn’t die. We checked your wound and it isn’t infected, so you will be able to go home today. I do suggest, though, that you refrain from much activity for the next week.”

“Well, that’s good to hear.” Shadow said. “We should go home right now.”

Amy seemed to agree. “I’ll get a wheelchair for you if you need one, Rouge.”

“That would be good.” Rouge said. The doctor walked over to Shadow, holding a clipboard. “I’ll need you to sign her out, please,” he asked, and Shadow did as he was told.

Amy quickly returned with a wheelchair. Knuckles helped Rouge into the chair and Shadow wheeled her out of the room and to a parked car. It happened to be Tails’, and he drove all of them home.

Shadow picked Rouge up out of the wheelchair and carried her to her room in his arms. Tails then returned to the Hospital, and returned the wheelchair.

Shadow looked down into the light green eyes of his soon-to-be wife. Rouge looked back, but with a more tired look. Shadow opened the door to her room and carried her to the bed. Gently, almost unlike Shadow, he placed Rouge on her bed. It seemed to Rouge that Shadow’s personality was becoming more caring now that they were going to be married.

Rouge found it more comfortable to sleep with her wound knowing that Shadow was there, sleeping on the floor, so that she could get some help if she needed any. Rouge smiled through the dark, Shadow snoring rather loudly, knowing that she was on her way to happiness.

Shadow turned over, grunting, “You talkin’ to me?” in his sleep. Rouge laughed to herself, realizing she might not be able to sleep too well in the future.