Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Adventures of Rouge the Bat ❯ A romantic birthday night ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter two- A Romantic Birthday Night  

The day of Rouge’s birthday was pretty lazy for Rouge and her friends. It was mostly her friends, though, since they had been up since 12:00 midnight setting up the party. Rouge lay on her bed that afternoon, exhausted from the morning.

There was a knock at the door. Rouge sleepily got up and answered the door. Surprisingly, it was Shadow, all dressed in a black suit (though he really doesn’t need one- his fur is all black) with a flower on the collar.

Rouge was shocked to see Shadow in such nice clothing. “Uhh, Shadow, are you feeling okay?” she asked. Shadow flashed an awkward smile.

“Err, I came to ask you if you- if you- IF YOU WANTED TO GO OUT WITH ME ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?” Shadow squeezed out. Rouge blushed and smiled.

“This is pretty unexpected, Shadow,” Rouge replied.

“Oh, uh, it’s okay if you don’t want to.” Shadow said, starting to turn.

“Shadow, of course I’ll go with you!” Rouge finished. “But I was saying it was unexpected because I didn’t have anything ready to wear!”

“Hmm. Yeah, I was kind of expecting that.” Shadow said. “I can wait for you.”

“Great!” Rouge exclaimed. “I’ll be out in forty-five minutes!” She closed the door and prepared for the “date/birthday dinner.”

Rouge first took a shower to freshen up. Who wants go to a nice dinner dirty? After drying off, Rouge but on her undergarments and picked out a dress (or at least some nice clothing) to wear. There was not much of a variety to choose from, since she never really went to any formal events. It was a quick choice for her to pick out a sparking silver dress. After dressing came the part we boys hate most- putting on make-up. (In my opinion, girls spend a little too much time putting on make-up.)

It was finally 7:15 when Rouge came out of her room with radiant beauty. Shadow’s mind seemed to turn into mush when he saw her. It took him a minute before he was able to say, “All right, let’s go!” Shadow took Rouge’s arm in his (kind of like a chain) and together they walked down the hall of Club Rouge.

“This is pretty sweet of you to ask me out on my Birthday.” Rouge said as they reached the door. Shadow released Rouge’s arm and opened the door for his lady. Rouge walked out the door, followed by Shadow.

Shadow asked Rogue to close her eyes. When she did, Shadow walked her up to a car. A long, black car.

“Okay, open your eyes!” Shadow said. Rouge gasped the second she saw the limousine, with Tails in the driver’s seat.

“Shadow, this is so nice!” Rouge cried, hugging the blushing, black hedgehog.

Tails rolled down the window and said, “C’mon, guys! First stop, Restaurant Romance!” He opened the door and stepped around the car to open the door to the passenger’s part of the limo. Rouge and Shadow climbed into the nicely lit “room” and sat down. Tails started up the engine, and soon the romantic couple was being driven through town to Restaurant Romance, the most romantic restaurant in Station Square.

The limousine pulled up at the restaurant after about 20 minutes. Tails opened the door for the couple and they climbed out. Tails took the limo to park it, and Shadow and Rouge walked through the doors of the restaurant.

To their, or at least, Rouge’s, surprise, Sonic was their waiter when they took their seats at their reserved table.

“Welcome to Restaurant Romance,” Sonic, in his waiter’s uniform, said, “here are your menus, and I’ll be back when you’re ready to order.”

Sonic handed Rouge and Shadow their menus, and walked away to take another table’s order.

“I never knew Sonic had a job as a waiter- at a romantic restaurant?” Rouge inquired, looking through the menu for her order.

Shadow answered Rouge question with, “It’s just a part time job. He only goes when they either are short a waiter, or need an extra one if there is a lot of business.”

Rouge finally discovered her order a while later, having flipped through the menu five times before. “I think I’ll have the steak. What are you going to order, Shadow?”

Shadow, with a wide grin on his face said, “Hey! I’m also having the steak!” The couple exchanged smiles before Sonic showed up again. “Have you made your decisions yet?”

“Yes.” Shadow answered, “We’re both going to have steak.” Sonic wrote down their order on his notepad and asked, “What are you having to drink?”

Rouge answered quickly with “The red wine looks good. I’ll have some of that.”

Shadow said, “I’m also going with the red wine.”

Sonic wrote down that order, too, and left, saying, “Your orders will be here in twenty minutes.”

Shadow and Rouge looked at each other, until Shadow blushed and said, “How do you like your birthday so far?”

Rouge answered with, “I’m liking my birthday a whole lot, especially since you asked me out.”

Shadow blushed again and said, “Well, I’m glad that you wanted to go with me.”

More romantic talk went on between the white bat and the black hedgehog until Knuckles showed up with a tray of food. He gave each their order, and said “Enjoy your meal.”

Their dinner was quick, and by the time Shadow paid, it wasn’t quite sunset yet. The couple left the restaurant and headed back to the limo, where Tails lay, sleeping in the driver’s seat. Rouge laughed, hearing him snore. Shadow knocked on the window and Tails jumped up, startled.

“Oh, done already?” Tails asked, opening the door for them once more.

When Rouge saw that they weren’t heading back to the Night Babylon, Rouge asked Shadow where they were going. “To Emerald Beach, to see the sunset.” he answered. Rouge smiled and said, “You are soo sweet tonight. It just doesn’t seem like you!” Shadow, yet again, blushed, but this time, he grabbed Rouge’s shoulders and gave her a kiss. When Shadow released her, Rouge kissed him back.

The limousine arrived at Emerald Beach just in time to see the sun setting. Rouge and Shadow sat on a hill and got the best view of the scene. When the sky was fading from midnight blue to black, Shadow turned to Rouge, taking something out of his pocket.

“Rouge,” he said, and his girlfriend turned toward him. “I’ve wanted to ask you this for quite a while.” Holding out a small box, Shadow asked, “Will you marry me?” He opened the box to reveal a ring with the most radiant diamonds you may ever find on it. A surprised, yet extremely happy, Rouge answered with a loud, “YES!!”

Shadow grabbed his soon-to-be wife and hugged her and kissed her. But the kiss was not on her cheek, it was a lips-to-lips kiss, the kind that grosses you out when you are a kid.

Shadow and Rouge returned to the limo, each with a wide smile on their faces. Tails was smiling too, with a walkie-talkie in his hand saying to Sonic and Knuckles on the other end, “I do believe Rouge has said… Yes!” Sonic and Knuckles cheered as Tails opened the door another time for the couple to enter. Tails found it a little hard to concentrate on driving, knowing that he, Sonic, and Knuckles had aided in getting Shadow and Rouge together.

Shadow and Rouge returned to Club Rouge happy and smiling, with Shadow covered in kiss marks. They returned to their rooms, overjoyed that they were now engaged.