Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Light and the Dark Side of Amy ❯ The Dragon's bell ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((The Light and Dark Side: Chapter 1)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((The Dragon's Bell)))

*~* DISCLAIMER *~*

This is going to funny. ^__^ Amy and others don't belong to me. This about Amy split into two sides and starts with Sonic and the others not knowing who Amy is! It takes place in the SegaSonic universe.


*~*

"Darlene, you work so hard being the instructor for the church choir and the manager of the "The 3 kings" play already. Why won't you let someone else install the bell." Said a old woman, a nun. Darlene, a rabbit, had her long ears drooped low with a little sweat dripping down off the tip of her ears because of the harsh sun's rays. She shook her head and continued to screw drive the bell to its new place above the church.

"It's Sunday, Mrs. Wilson and the children with their parents today along with a few marriages. Besides, I love the sound that this bell makes when it rings." She said screwing in the last screw.

"Want to hear it?" Darlene asked Ms. Wilson.

"I guess if you put 20 minutes into this thing, it must be worth hearing." She said as Darlene nodded cheerfully. She pulled a string inside the bell back and forth causing it to ring loudly yet gently.

"It does sound a lot better than our other bell."

"Yeah! Doesn't it just?" Darlene asked. Ms. Wilson nodded.

"Let's go down now, Darlene. I have a flask filled with lemonade with a glass that has your name on it." Ms. Wilson said and Darlene followed Ms. Wilson down the ladder. Darlene took a sip out of the glass with a wedge of a lemon on the glass. She sipped it down slowly and wiped her sweat off with a towel.

"You work so hard, Darlene. I can't help but admire your hard working spirit so much. Maybe you should take the rest of the day off."

"No, no! I want to make sure that everyone has the chance to hear this wonderful bell." Darlene said setting down her empty glass that held only small pieces of ice and the lemon wedge.

"You're obsessed with that bell aren't you, Darlene?"

"I just love its sound and I want to share it with all those who come to this very church. It's not like other bells to tell you the truth."

"That's awfully sweet of you, Darling. Did you hear? There's a couple getting married today this morning, really early." Ms. Wilson said. The old lady stood up walking out the door. Her popped back out into view.

"Don't forget the tell the choir their singing today, okay?" Ms. Wilson said.

"I won't, Ms. Wilson. I never forget." Darlene said. Ms. Wilson was gone and Darlene walked through the door as well, off to the choir.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Room 216…)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dream Sequence…

Piercing yellow eyes with no pupils inside stared back Devi with its long, arched neck hanging his low head.

Ring… Ring…

"A…bell?" Devi asked seeing a bell at the end of the creature's tail. It's short arms and powerful legs were on the ground supporting its body along with it's tail.

"What are you?" Devi asked. The creature had enormous wings flapping and it's nose twitches because of it's whiskers. It had horns and its ears were had many curves and points like its wings.

C… H… U… R… C… H…

"Church? What does that have to do with you or me?" Devi asked. The creature flew into the sunset sky without a saying anything.

"A dragon?"

Reality…

"A dragon." Devi repeated. She stared off at the bed across of hers that was neatly made and noticed the hissing of the shower's pipes.

"She got to the shower first again." Devi said with a groan. Devi lay back down and then turned over to her side, grappling her covers tightly. She dazed at the bubbly ceiling above her and heard Angie turn of the shower and a few seconds later step out of the bathroom.

She was soaked and was using a another smaller towel to dry her quills again.

"About time sleepy head. The shower is yours!" Angie said.

Devi nodded and dragged her feet over to the bathroom and shut it, also locking it afterwards.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((On the streets an hour later…)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Man, why do we have to collect animals?" Asked Devi smashing boxes and collecting what animals they found. Angie found one little rascal behind a bench and grabbed him.

"Because, Heat is entering a chao race competition tomorrow. It's an all stat-testing." Angie said as the animal glow and disappeared inside of her. Then a unicorn came into sight on top of a bench and both Devi and Angie perked their heads up.

"Another unicorn! Unicorns are one those special animals that help all of a chao's stats." Angie said.

"Well, then let's grab him!" Devi announced. Devi then dove at the bench and instead of grabbing the unicorn she hit the bench headfirst.
"Ouch, that's got to hurt." Angie remarked. The unicorn galloped off the bench and was walking pretty slowly after that. Then Angie began to chase behind the unicorn and Devi had followed soon after her to join. Ran through out the streets and managed to chase the little horse in front of the church. Devi stood still as Angie continued on and finally obtained the unicorn.

"Mission accomplished." Angie said going back to Devi.

"Devi? Devi?" Angie asked.

"Angie! It's the bell! It's on the church! Like the dragon said!" Devi said.

"What are talking about, Devi?" Angie asked.

"I had one strange dream last night, Angie. About a dragon and a bell located somewhere at a church. " Devi told Angie.

"Maybe that cat from yesterday might have something to do with it?" Angie asked.

"Maybe that cat is out to steal it like it is for my Cat's eye wand." Angie added.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((On the roof…)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Do not attempt to steal my bell, feline." A thundering voice from above threatened.
"Who are you?" asked Nyako staring into the endless blue sky.

"I am the dragon that must guard this sacred cat's bell. Neko mustn't be restored by those that seek the cat's missing parts to set him loose and take the many lives of the innocent people that inhabit these areas." The voice said.

"What's happening up here?" Said Devi's voice, as her hand appeared to be climbing on the side of the building.

"My `friends' are coming to help me!" Said Nyako.

"Coward! If you are after my bell, then why won't you try and steal yourself!" The dragon said as Nyako hid. Devi made on top of the roof successfully with the aid of her Piko Piko Hammer.

"What's going on, Devi?" Angie questioned.

"I could've sweared that Nyako was here just a moment ago!" Devi said, ignoring Angie.

"Silence!" The dragon said with a chiming roar to follow his command.

"No wonder you're guarding the bell. Roar sounds like one!"

"You must be one of Nyako's henchmen!" The dragon accused her.

"What?" Devi asked at what he meant.
"I am a user of Mars magic. In other words…fire." He said flying in full circle above Devi.

"What's happening?" Angie asked finally making it to the battle field by running up the fire escape.

"It's the dragon from my dreams." Devi said as he began letting flames trails below him in the circle he was flying.

"He thinks we're working with Nyako!" Devi also pointed out.

"Some guardian he is." Angie said.

"Maybe you can do your lightning spell again. Just watches out that you don't over do it. I can't reach him from down here!" Devi said as they were trapped in a ring of fire on the roof. They flames were dancing and growing higher and higher, even almost as high as their dragon guardian.

"You're trapped with in my famous `Ring of Fire', ladies. " He said.

"Here I go!" Angie said pointing her wand at flying creature. She shot here lightning spells at five different places in the air but missed horrible, just like with Nyako it was his speed and luck that helped him manage to avoid getting struck.

"You really have to work on your aim, Angie. Hey! Let me have a try at it!" Devi said clutching on the wand and counting.

"What are you doing? If I couldn't hit him with lightning, what makes you think I can suddenly get a hit in?" Angie asked. Devi ignored her and kept counting.

"1…2…3…4…5…6!" She said casting her own magic spell through the Cat's eye wand at the sky. Instead of lighting striking, a huge tidal wave of water had come from nowhere. The wave had lapped high into the air and managed to strike the dragon.

"Finally a hit!"

"Water…Damn…" He said. The surrounding Wall of Fire had been washed out.

"It appears you are a holder of Mercury's element, Devi, water. That's why you managed to weaken him so much with one hit." Angie said.

"Yeah, yeah. Element this and element that. All I need to know is that got him and got him good." Devi said handing Angie back her.

"I'm sorry I failed you…" The dragon said closing his eyes. His body began to illuminate and faded away.

"Wow…they defeated him pretty well for starters." Nyako said from another roof.

"Hey, that's evil guy!" Devi said pointing over the other roof Nyako was on or atleast was on. He managed to rip the bell off and he carried it away under his claw.
"Hey get back here! What do you want that bell for anyway?" Angie said.

"Don't worry so much lovely. I'll be back for your little wand." He said and then stopped to take a good look at her.

"Don't worry…I'll be back." He said purring. He threw a grenade at them and it blasted in their faces, leaving smoke to prevent them from following.

"Just great! He got away and he managed to steal that bell even though we went through his dirty work for him! That…that…as-"

"Please do not curse, Devi." Angie said.

"Let's go back to the hotel before someone accuses us of stealing the bell." Stated Devi.

"Yeah…"They both said running down the fire escape.
"The bell…it's gone…Ryu is gone…I'm sorry Ryu…I thought I could save you! I really did." Darlene said with a tear flowing down her beautiful face.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Chao Garden…))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The animals ran everywhere and were already used on Heat.

"There's your unicorn" Devi said setting the unicorn in front of Heat. He absorbed the unicorn's powers and gained a horn on its forehead.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all the animals! I feel strong with this new horn!"

"God…We must've given him fifty animals." Devi said sitting down on the grass.

"Actually sixty one." Angie said calculating the number of animals from a chart.

"Whatever." Devi said sighing.

"Whatever." Heat said sighing just like Devi.

"What's with you?" Devi asked hugging her knees.

"What's with you?" Heat asked hugging her toes since he didn't have knees.

"Are you copying me?" Devi asked smiling.

"Yes." He answered.

"Yes." Devi repeated

"Hey!" He yelled waving his arms.

"Hey!" Devi repeated waving her own arms.

"Are you ready for tomorrow's competition?" Angie asked.

"I am READY!"

"Are you ready to win?"

"I am READY!"
"Are ready to get the shiny jewel and the prize?"
"I AM READY!" Heat yelled. He stood up and ran around with his raised arms and kept repeating.

"I AM READY!" to the other chao. They stared back at him wide-eyed and silent at his strange behavior.
"He's ready." Devi said giggling.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CLIFF HANGER)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*~* PREVIEW *~*

The chao race starts but something is wrong with the track! Heat is alone against Nyako's black lion chao, Red! Not only Red is a danger but also a manta ray who seems to be guarding something…