Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Milkshake Challenge!!! ❯ Sweet-talk Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE MILKSHAKE CHALLENGE !! #2

For the first stage of the challenge, Rouge decided to have them all gather in Tails' workshop. For their first contest, Rouge figured it best to be in someplace cool…because it was bound to get rather heated in there…

"Allright, boys! Get yourselves situated, because we're going to start round one! But first, let me explain the basics. All four of you will have to go through challenges testing your mental, physical, and sensual abilities." she said with a sly smirk and chuckle. "The categories you'll be facing are: Mind, Speed, Sporty, Strength…" she then lowered her voice at her next statement "…Sensuality, and last but not least, a Special which could be anything farfetched and random from this cunning mind."

The room was silent as Rouge glanced around, looking for any misunderstanding expressions.

Tails raised his hand. "Say, um, Rouge.."

"Yes, Fox-boy what is it?"

"Well, all of this sounds like a lot of fun, but…if I win, like by fluke or default, do I still have to…share a milkshake with you?" Tails asked, blushing a little and bashfully twisting his tails.

Rouge, as well as everyone else stared at him and he huddled into a corner.

With a hand on her hip, Rouge nodded. "Yes, Fox-boy, if you did by any chance win in first place at the end of every challenge, you'd get to fulfill one of your little adolescent wet dream fantasies and lose yourself in gallons of flavored cream with a beautiful woman."

Tails turned a bright red and found himself unable to move.

Knuckles coughed. "Wow, Rouge, you make it sound like something else…"

Rouge narrowed her eyes at him. "That's the point. It's what makes it so much fun…!"

"Wow!" Knuckles exclaimed. "Hell yeah to that!"

Rouge rolled her eyes and sighed. "Ahem! Could you please hold any and all unintelligent outbursts? Thank you. Okay! The first challenge starts now!"

With that, Rouge stepped to the middle of the floor and placed a mat labeled with the six categories on the floor then sat an empty glass bottle on top of it.

"Ohhh!" Amy exclaimed, from standing very close to Sonic. "It's kind of like spin the bottle!"

Rouge casually crossed her arms. "Well, it's something like that. Okay, whoever I call up to spin this bottle will start the event."

"Hey! If this is like spin the bottle, I want to participate too!!"

With an irritated groan, Rouge shook her head and turned her back to Amy. "Fine. Whoever declines their privilege to start the event will have to let Amy sit on their face for a good three minutes."

"WHAT?!" Sonic and Knuckles exclaimed, outraged.

"That's crazy!" Sonic shouted.

"You couldn't pay me enough to let her do something like that!" Knuckles chimed in.

Shadow simply crossed his arms and turned away from them. "Hmph. I'm quite happy with being infection-free, thank you."

Tails was the only one not to agree. Instead he looked at all of them and tilted his head to the side. "…What's so bad about it? Amy's not THAT heavy."

Silence coated the room as all the guys and Rouge stared at Tails. He cowered at their gazes. "Wh-what? What I do?"

Saving the little guy's innocence from being tainted, Sonic draped an arm around Tails' shoulder and patted him on the back. "Don't worry, buddy. Someday, when you're older, you'll understand…"

"Seriously…" Rouge muttered "I was just kidding. But, whoever doesn't accept their starting of the event that's chosen, they will have to endure a truth or dare session by Amy for five minutes. The consequences will be to enter a smooch session with her. Just to let you know in advance."

Sonic and Knuckles shrugged.

"That's not really any better, but…" Sonic trailed off.

"It's A LOT better than what is was before! AN AWFUL LOT better!" Knuckles finished for him.

Shadow scoffed.

Rouge nodded. "Okay. That's good enough. We don't have all day! Now, the first person I call to spin the bottle is…Sonic!"

"What? Sonic?!" Knuckles exclaimed. "Why pick him first?"

Shadow said nothing in protest, but watched Sonic walk upto Rouge with eyes that held the same question.

Sonic shrugged, then rubbed his nose. "Don't care and it doesn't matter! Okay m'lady, are we ready?"

"Quite."

With a smirk, Sonic began to spin the bottle.

After a few seconds, it stopped at Sensuality.

Sonic winced as Rouge chuckled and snapped her fingers. "Allright, cutie. This is what you're going to have to do. I'll give you three choices to start with. You may only choose one."

Sonic blinked as Rouge held up three cards in front of his face. Not caring really which was which, the hedgehog chose the middle one.

Looking at his choice, Rouge giggled and put the remaining cards away. "Nice choice."

"What did I get?"

Rouge smirked. "You chose 'The Sweet-talk' "

"Sweet-talk?! What, do I have to try to sweep you off your feet or something?"

Rouge nodded. "That is correct, but you and the rest of the boys have only 5 minutes to do so. But first, do you accept this challenge, or do you decline?"

"Um…" Sonic looked back at the rest of the participants. Shadow looked nonchalant about it, Tails appeared rather confused but ready for anything, while Knuckles was a bit redder than usual. Sonic shrugged. They seemed okay with it. Then, he looked at Amy, who was waiting intently for him to decline and blew him a kiss.

With a shudder, Sonic turned back to Rouge. "S-Sure, I accept! What have I got to lose?"

Rouge giggled. "Your pride…" Before Sonic could say anything, she called them all upto a stage-like ramp in the workshop.

The four of them had separate booths to sit in as Rouge sat off to the side, next to a marker board with a few cards in her hand. "Allright boys. For this rather fitting event, you'll have to say the right things to make me consider going out with you…for business of course. You'll be rated by the things you say. You'll each get 4 questions. If it's something vulgar or too disgusting, you get a zero. For any stupid remark…" she glanced at Knuckles "…you'll get a -1 point. Your comments will be rated on a 1 to 5 scale and will then be added for a final score. Understand? Okay Let's go!"

Rouge cleared her throat and took a look over her cards. "The first one goes to…Knuckles…Greet your date. "

Hearing his name, the echidna quickly sat straight up and cleared his throat. "Um…yeah, sweetcheeks?" He tried to sound as manly as he could, but his nervousness still was quite obvious.

Rouge raised an eyebrow, but continued on. "…Sonic?"

With a smirk, Sonic rubbed his nose and leaned against a wall. "Holla at me, babe."

Rouge chuckled in amusement and jotted down a number. "Okay, Shadow?"

"…"

"Um…Shadow?"

"…I'minlovewithyou." Shadow said lowly, stringing his words together.

Rouge twitched an ear and leaned forward. "Wh-what?"

"I mean uh…ahem" A light brush of crimson rose to Shadow's cheeks as he constantly cleared his throat as he spoke. "...I…I think you're a very beautiful…woman, Rouge. Maybe…we can go out…ahem…later."

"Awwww!" Everyone except for Knuckles teased.

Still blushing, Shadow turned away from them and crossed his arms. "Don't start that with me…!"

Rouge, who was unable to say a word for a good 3 seconds, cleared her throat and quickly jotted down a number for Shadow. "Um, that was very …sweet of you Shadow. Um…Tails?"

The young fox sat up cheerfully. "Hi! I like you and think you're cool. Wanna come play with me sometime?"

Silence.

Rouge sighed and wrote down a number for Tails. "Maybe when he's older, he'll understand what he's actually saying…" she muttered under her breath. "Okay! Here are the starting numbers." she said, writing the guys' names and the number she wrote down for all of them.

Knuckles got a 2, Sonic got a 3, Shadow got a 4, and Tails got a 2. He had a one before, but Rouge concluded that what he said could still be rather alluring as it was amusing.

"A 2?!" Knuckles shouted.

"Hm...so? No one got the highest score" Sonic added, then looked to Shadow. "But someone sure got close!"

Shadow, his arms still crossed, closed his eyes to block out their teasing and somehow prevent his rapid blushing. It wasn't helping.

"Allright." Rouge said "Now, I'm going to ask four questions, and each of you, starting with Sonic, has to give me a comment. If you decline…" She pointed to Amy, who had one of Tails' pillows and was practicing kissing on it with a bright red shade of lipstick on her lips.

Tails groaned. "Amy…!!!"

"What? Don't worry, Tails, this stuff won't rub off and it leaves my lips shiny and smooth!"

Knuckles nodded, impressed. "Wow. Maybe she's born with it."

"Or maybe it's Maybeline…" Sonic said with a shrug.

"Hmph." Shadow remarked.

Rouge scoffed. "Okay! First question. Say the two of us are going to a bar at a club, and one of us gets drunk. Sonic, what would you do?"

Sonic winced. "What? What kind of question…?"

"Ahem..." she pointed to Amy.

Sonic quickly recomposed himself. "Well, if that were the case, I'd…get us out of there in a Sonic-second. No girl of mine would get drunk with me knowing about it, and I wouldn't either. I wouldn't want anyone dear to me having their lives in danger because of me and something I did."

"Wow Sonic." Tails stated.

"Yeah, that's deep." Knuckles agreed.

"Well..." Rouge said, wincing a bit. "That is pretty caring of you, Sonic. Knuckles? What would you do?"

Knuckles pointed to his nose. " Me? Well… I do like a good party, and…a drink here and there never hurts. But, if it were me that got drunk…I can't say what would happen. It wouldn't matter if you were my girl, a guy, or a support beam. I'd be so gone, I wouldn't know, nor care for the difference. But, if it were you as my date that got drunk, I'd hold you close and take you out for some fresh air and never leave your side. Even when the after-effects hit you hard."

Silence.

Rouge twitched her tail as well as her ears in thought then wrote down a number for Knuckles. "Thanks for being so honest…Um...Shadow…you're next." Lightly biting her lip, Rouge curled her finger around a stray lock of hair. "What would you do in that situation?"

"Well…" Shadow started, slowly opening his eyes to look at her. "If I were in that position, I wouldn't let it happen. There would be no drinks, and no bar for that matter. You deserve--Any lady of mine would deserve to goto a better place to dine and be entertained. There is no price on quality for me and the one I choose to…probably spend my life with."

Silence.

"Awww Shadow!!" Amy exclaimed from near the ramp. "You're such a darling!!"

"Yeah, man" Sonic chimed in "You're hittin' pretty high with this. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you've been planning for this for quite sometime!"

Shadow thought about Sonic's words for a moment, then looked elsewhere. "Maybe…" he muttered.

"Well now, Shadow…" Rouge said, trying to keep her voice steady. "That was pretty amazing. You really know how to treat a lady."

Shadow smirked. "Hm. Thanks. But it all comes down to the actual things, so nothing is ever set in stone, not matter how believable it sounds."

Rouge bit her lip. "You're right…" She then cleared her throat and looked to Tails. "Well, Tails….you're a little young for this question, but, rules are rules. What would you do if either of us ever got drunk?"

Tails looked confused for a moment, then spoke up. "Well, like Sonic, I'd try not to let it happen. And like Shadow, I'd prevent it happening from all costs!" He pauses as he thinks about what Knuckles said. "And…like Knuckles, I'd let you throw up on me if you had to!"

Sonic laughed as Knuckles growled and crossed his arms.

Rouge smiled. "Thanks Fox-boy. You're not half bad."

"Thanks!" Tails beamed.

After writing down his number in her notes, she posted the same results as before on the marker-board: Sonic had a 3, Knuckles had a 2, Shadow had a 4 and Tails had another 2.

"Sheesh" Sonic commented "Talk about the same old…"

"When's the challenge?" Knuckles complained.

"Calm down over there! You'll get what's coming to you!" Rouge retorted, then glanced at her watch. "Okay, we're going to have to cut this event short because the 5 minutes are almost up. So, here's the final question, and the one with the most points will choose the next event…and maybe get a little…treat from me. So, here we go! It's our second date and we've grown quite fond of each other already. In five letters or less, tell me the number one thought on your mind when the date is over. Sonic?"

"Five letters?! What?"

"No stalling!" Rouge reminded " And 'what' doesn't count! Five letters or less, the clock is ticking!"

"Allright um...'Again'!"

"Allright. Knuckles?"

The echidna winced. "Um, not sex!"

Rouge stared placidly at him. "I said five or less, pay attention!"

"I know that! Can't you take a joke bat-girl?! I'll say 'Slow' !"

"You can say that again…" Rouge mumbled under her breath. "Okay, Shadow?"

" 'Aibou' " Shadow stated promptly.

"Hm…'partner' " Rouge commented, writing down his number.

Shadow nodded. "Yeah, but I was actually going for more of an…Ally…"

Rouge nearly dropped her pen and looked at him. He had always called her an ally, so why didn't he come right out and say it first? It was less than five words. She blushed a bit. He was mysterious, but a real gentleman…That's probably why his fur looked like a tuxedo almost…

"O-Okay…moving on, Tails?"

" 'Come'!"

Rouge had to catch herself from nearly falling out her chair. "What?! "

"Come…" Tails, repeated "As in ' Please come again' um…my sweet?"

Rouge hesitated for a bit and tried to get her fingers to write, but couldn't. She knew he meant to please come on a date again with him, but the way he said it… Rouge began to wonder if that fox was as innocent as he let on.

"Um….let's just go with 'Sweet', for now. Allright! We just made it in time. I'll post the results and add them up…" With that, she got out of her chair and posted the new scores. Sonic had a 2, Knuckles had a 1, Shadow had a 4 and Tails had a 3.

"What?! A 1?!!" Knuckles protested.

"Hm? Oh, yes, that was a mistake, let me change that. " Rouge said flatly as she erased the one to make it seem like she was giving him a better number, but wrote a -1 instead. "Therrre we go, that's better." She smirked while dusting off her hands. "And now for the final score…"

Sonic had an 8, Knuckles had a 3, Shadow had a 12 and Tails had a 7.

"Wow" Tails exclaimed. "Lucky 7! I'm close to you, Sonic!"

Sonic half smiled. "When aren't you…"

"A 3!!?" Knuckles vociferated. "What, I'm not romantic enough for you?!"

Rouge placed a hand on her hip and looked away from him. " Is it just me, or is there a hot-headed sore loser in here…? Hm…I think I may be hearing things…With these large ears of mine and all…"

"Grrr" Knuckles growled, and quickly got up from his seat. "This isn't over yet!" He stormed off the stage. Wordless, Rouge watched him go. She felt a little sorry for him, but not much. He really was a hot-headed sore loser. "Hmph.."

Turning back around, she saw Shadow stepping out of his booth and starting to leave the stage. Without knowing, Rouge walked quickly over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, Shadow, don't forget about the rules. You were the winner of this one, so, you'll have to choose from the remaining 2 cards in this category."

Shadow said nothing but looked at her.

She hesitated. "Wh-what is it? Do you want to pick, or not? You know what'll happen if you go against it."

He continued to watch her before finally speaking. "Hmph. I thought you had a 'treat' for the winner of this game."

Rouge blushed and turned away for a moment, then looked him straight in the eyes with mock anger to hide her flustering emotion. "Maybe. I said maybe, Shadow. But…if you really wanted something from me…" she lead on, tossing her hair back.

"Hmph" He knew she was beating around the bush, and Rouge, knowing that he knew, sighed, then smiled at him. "Good game, Shadow. " she said, patting him on the shoulder and turning on her heels to leave. She could feel his eyes burning through her as she left. "He's always watching me…!" she uttered under her breath. Stepping off the ramp, she joined the others in the room and called to Shadow, who was still standing in the same spot. "Come on down here! The next event is about to start!"

In a flash, Shadow was right in front of Rouge and gave her a small smirk. "I'm ready…"

With a nervous nod, Rouge quickly covered it up, and took out the remaining two cards.

"Choose your event well…"

-

The idea actually started WITH a milkshake…a strawberry one at that. From Mc Donalds.

But, while writing, the song did pop up occasionally in my head. I even had Rouge humming it in the first chapter, although that was a personal insert joke because of what the story was about. I was going to have her singing it while walking down the street in the first chapter, but…I didn't know all the words…and then I heard what the uncut version actually sounded like from a few people…but I really don't know for sure, but after hearing what they said, I don't think she's actually talking about a milkshake of a dance, or whatever…

So now you know, Rouge was humming Milkshake in the first chap. But…this is actually turning out to be quite funny…and kinda romantic >< sigh. I just can't get away from the romance. But, I'm glad its going along so nicely.

And Rouge isn't a fast girl. She's flirty, but, she does have morals.

But anyway, I'll greet you all later. And contest ideas are still open!

And yes, the loser will still go on a date with Amy…but only the ultimate loser will, so Knuckles is safe for now, until the final challenge is met.

See ya

You know…I just thought of something…no one is really out of character and this is an attempt at a comedy. That's hard to do, and it's still funny! That ain't bad…

-Mel