Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Milkshake Challenge!!! ❯ BALL BREAKERZ! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: FINALLY!! -_- After years of starting and stopping, here's another chap of Milkshake @_@
 
-
 
THE MILKSHAKE CHALLENGE!!: BALL BREAKERZ!
 
 
“Well, Fox-Boy, are you going to pick one or not?” Rouge questioned, waving the selection of 2 cards in front of him.
Perking up, Tails blinked as his eyes went from one card, to the other. “Umm…”
“Well?”
“Yeah! I sure do! I'll always want to keep going with you, Miss Rouge.”
Rouge cringed and forced a nervous laugh. “Haha…great…” `Somehow I think he's lost his innocence…' she thought then held the cards closer to his face.
“Well, what are you waiting for, pick one!”
“Umm..” he trailed off, glancing over to the group. Sonic was still getting smothered in unwanted kisses from Amy, Knuckles was standing around impatiently with his arms crossed and Shadow was nowhere in sight.
Deciding he'd wait for all of them to be there, Tails returned his attention to Rouge with a meek expression.
“Say, Miss Rouge, would you mind if I took a quick bathroom break?”
Rouge blinked at the question. “Huh? Hey I don't care, as long as you don't fall in. We've got less than 12 hours, Fox-Boy, remember that.”
“I got it!” he nodded and winked at her before running into his workshop.
Grinning awkwardly by his leave, Rouge exhaled in relief and ran a hand through her hair. “Uggh what a day this has been!!”
“Yeah, I'll say. All thanks to you…and this crazy game of yours…” Knuckles spoke up, walking upto her.
It crossed her mind to not even acknowledge that he was even there, but for a change, Rouge did so anyway.
“Hey, I have my reasons…!”
Knuckles raised a suspecting eyebrow and grunted. “Yeah? Well where is that reason, now? I think he stepped out on you.” he seethed, referring to Shadow.
“He's taking a break, so back off.”
Knowing he was going to hear something like that, Knuckles felt a little crushed, but then a glistening spark of revenge sparkled in his eyes.
“Well, Rouge, how about this. You let me win and share that milkshake with you, and I'll give you half of the Master Emerald?”
Rouge's ears twitched at the offer and she narrowed her eyes at him. “You would bribe me with the Master Emerald, knowing that rock is the power source of your island?”
Knuckles thought for a while, then nodded. “Yep. I can always construct a temporary Master Emerald…that is, until you bring the real one back.”
Rouge shook her head. “As much as I'd like to accept your offer, I'm gonna have to decline. But…I will hold it to you to give me a piece of something…”
His eyes lit up as he moved closer to her. “Y-yeah?”
“Mmmhmm.”
“Wh-what's that?” he asked excitedly, blushing.
“A piece of space.” Rouge replied hotly and pushed past him. Knuckles just stood there dumbfounded. Growling he called after her. “Hey! Does this still mean, you'll let me win!?”
“What do you think?!” she called back.
Knuckles opened his mouth to speak, then chuckled instead. “I don't think you want me to answer that one Rouge.”
“Then keep your mouth shut!” she yelled, then chose to ignore him for the next 5 minutes.
Walking past Sonic and Amy, she glanced at her watch. “Allright, you two, those 6 minutes plus are up.”
Amy pretended not to hear her and continued to dapple Sonic's face with kisses. Poor Sonic lay sprawled out and nearly unconscious. “Get her off of me…” he managed to whisper.
Hearing his ragged plea, Amy glanced down at him and cupped his cheeks. “You REALLY want me to get off of you Sonic?”
“Yes…!” he groaned “FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HUMANE AND SANITARY, YES AMY YES!”
“What's going on out here?” Shadow's low voice spoke up as he made his way back to the group. Peering down at Sonic and Amy, he laughed. “I thought you hated her draping all over you, hedgehog. Now you're calling out her name? Just which one is it?”
“Shut up!” Sonic retaliated, becoming smothered with another kiss by Amy. Choking, he forced himself to sit up and moved her away from him.
Holding a hand to his mouth and the other to his stomach, he got up and ran into a part of the Mystic Ruins where they were plenty of bushes.
Watching him run Shadow and Rouge both laughed, then glanced at the other.
“You okay?” Rouge asked, lightly nudging Shadow with her shoulder.
“Yeah. Why do you ask?”
“You just seemed a bit out of it.”
“I just want to get this event over with so I can…” he trailed off, and Rouge strained her ears to hear him. “So you can what?”
“Nevermind.” Shadow replied, a small warmth blooming to his cheeks.
“Hmmm…” Rouge pondered then glanced down at Amy who was staring at them both. “What.”
Amy slowly shook her head. “Hopeless. You guys are worse than Sonic and me.” And with that she walked away from them, waiting for Sonic to emerge from the bushes…or to pull her behind one with him.
Exchanging glances Shadow and Rouge laughed nervously, then parted their separate ways.
 
-
 
An hour and a half had passed since the last event and less than 11 hours were left remaining before the parlor closed!
Of course, Rouge was well aware of this. Fortunately, Sonic had returned and was conversing with Shadow about something. Knuckles stood away from them, examining a tree, while Amy sat in the grass, crossing her arms and legs in boredom.
And Tails still hadn't come back from the bathroom!
“Just what is taking him so long?” she mumbled, “It's been way too long!. Did he fall in or something? Or is he doing something else…?” she wondered, then tried to clear her mind of the last thought. “Ugh get your mind out of the gutter Rouge! Then again…I'm pretty sure he's hit puberty already…”
15 minutes went by…
Looking at her watch with a hint of disgust, she bit her lip and then looked up to where the other's were.
Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles were off to the side conversing while Amy lingered nearby, ready to cling onto Sonic's backside at any moment.
A smirk inched her lips and she shook her head. “Glad Shadow doesn't really have that problem.” She spoke to herself, eyeing Shadow as she did. “…And by the way he looks, he really should…”
As if he could hear her talking about him, Shadow stopped and turned to her very briefly and nodded to her with a smirk.
Feeling a blush rise to her cheeks, Rouge quickly adverted her gaze as if she had never looked his way at all and aimlessly they fell towards Tail's workshop.
Seconds later the little fox burst out the door.
Hearing such a ruckus, Sonic and the others looked towards the workshop and were mildly amused and curious to see Tails rush out in such a manner.
“FINALLY!” Amy yelled.
“Hey buddy, what's the matter?” Sonic called as Tails ran past him.
“No time Sonic!” he called back.
Rouge raised an eyebrow the moment Tails crossed her line of vision and skid to a stop.
Panting heavily, he fought to catch his breath, leaning over.
Kneeling down to meet his height, Rouge lightly lifted his bangs out of his face and whispered. “Hey, you okay Fox Boy?”
“Oh it was horrible Miss Rouge!” Tails cried, immediately clinging to her torso. “I was so afraid! I thought it was going to eat me!”
“Huuh what?!” she questioned with a bewildered expression. “What are you TALKING about?!”
“A machine…a machine I built to taste medicine for me! It disobeyed its command and tried to consume my hand! I was so scared!”
From the mention of his hand, Rouge looked down to the way he was clinging to her and nonchalantly pulled him off by the scruff of his neck. “I can see your hand is perfectly fine…”
In the background, Knuckles whistled. “Looks like someone's aiming to get some bonus points before the next round! This game is rigged anyway…”
“Shut your trap echidna…” Rouge retaliated and put Tails down. Straightening out her top, she cleared her throat and pulled out the two cards again. “Now…pick one.”
Eyeing both cards in silent contemplation, the little fox placed a hand over his eyes and reached out to pick a card.
Silence and amazement traveled throughout the field as Tails gazed wide eyed at his card, then squinted at it.
Looking to Rouge, he held it up so she could see it. “What's this say?”
Taking the card back, Rouge looked it over and tried to stifle a laugh. “It says BerserkerBallBreakerz. Try saying that 3 times fast!”
Sonic and Knuckles said nothing as their mouths hung open in a gape. Shadow, on the other hand, gave Rouge an odd “are you sure?” look, but said nothing.
Chuckling to herself, Rouge waved the card between her slender fingers and winked at the guys. “Looks like I don't have to explain what this event is about!”
“That isn't funny!” Knuckles vociferated, keeping his legs very close together.
Rouge grinned and turned her nose up at him. “But what you're trying to protect down there is.” She replied, slyly glancing his way.
A round of laughter ensues from Sonic and Amy, while Shadow simply chuckled. Tails, as usual, was the only one looking around with a perplexed expression on his face. Curious, he gestured for Rouge to lean down, and eagerly he cupped a hand over her ear and whispered: “How would you know?”
Blushing hotly, Rouge gasped and pulled away from Tails with such speed that made even Sonic wince.
“WH-WHAT!?!! WHAT KIND OF QUESTION----!!?”
“He's got a point, Rouge…” Shadow's soft voice spoke from directly behind Rouge.
Spinning around, with an even darker shade of red occupying her face because Shadow overheard, Rouge broke out in cold sweat and laughed nervously. “Uh um…I was just making a joke that's all haha…ha…”
A faint smirk eased across a corner of Shadow's mouth and his eyes narrowed. “Mmmhmmm. Sure you were. But that's allright. You can keep it to yourself.” And with that, he walked off, leaving Rouge to simply watch him.
With a sigh, she returned her attention to Tails. “So, Fox-Boy, do you accept this challenge?”
Tails looked at the guys then to Rouge. “Wh-what is it that we have to do, exactly?”
Rouge smiled. “Very good question! It's simple. All you've got to do is sit in a chair, pick up the ball between your thighs and break it! …While running through an obstacle course! Whomever breaks the most balls…without scraping off their own, wins! Whoever drops the most balls, has to start over and gets a negative 1 added to their score! Sounds easy enough right?”
“Not if you're a guy!” Knuckles retaliated from the sidelines.
Ignoring him, Rouge winked to Tails and waved the card in front of him. “So, do you accept this challenge?”
Tails nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! I do!”
“Good. How about the rest of you? Do you accept this challenge…or do you wanna back out?” she mused, pretending to pout.
Hating to be made a fool out of, Knuckles clenched his fists and punched the air. “This is right up my ally! I can crush anyone's balls anyday!”
Hearing that, both Sonic and Shadow inched away from Knuckles.
“What? I'm serious! I don't care who you are, I'll crush you in a competition!”
“Yeah, so explain to us why you haven't won yet!” Sonic joked, getting Knuckles to actually think about that.
“W-well, nothing has really been in my field! That's all!”
“Tsk tsk tsk” Sonic teased, shaking his head. “You need to pick up the pace, Knuckles!!”
“I-I know what to do! And don't patronize me, Sonic!”
“Allright! That's enough out of you Knuckles!” Amy scolded, then looked happily towards the field of where the next event would take place. “I want this to be over with so Sonic can spend hours in a date with meee!” Dreamily, she sighed, closing her eyes and clasped her hands together. “Ahhh I can't wait! Right Sonic?” she asked, opening her eyes to look at him, but he nor the rest of the guys were in sight!
Panicking, she looked over to where the event would take place and ran to catch up with them. “Hey wait for me!!!”
-
Once they all reached the area, Rouge eagerly showed them their obstacle course. There were two sets of three wooden chairs. One row for the start of the event and one for the finish. Between the chairs were 6 rings of tires, and 3 bars to limbo under.
Taking everything in, Sonic whistled and Knuckles started to sweat. “Wow that's a lot! But hey, where are the balls?”
Rouge chuckled and pointed downward. “Look down.”
Blushing, Knuckles did so, as well as Shadow and Sonic, but found relief when they realized she really was talking about actual balls by their feet.
Kneeling down to examine one, Knuckles `hmmm'ed and tossed it into the air then caught it. “Hey these are light!”
“Looks like they're made out of plaster!” Sonic added.
Tails shrugged. “Why not just use a sack of something softer than to use such rough and hard balls, Miss Rouge?”
Silence.
“Boy, you are asking the WRONG person. “she replied. “Also, I'm afraid you're going to have to sit this one out and do something else Tails.”
He innocently blinked. “Huh? Why?”
“Yeah, why's that Rouge?” Sonic asked. “Is Tails the only one who's going to be spared the humiliation and pain that we're about to go through?”
Rouge chuckled. “He's going to do something else. And remember Sonic, it only hurts if you're doing something wrong. Don't squeeze those balls too much now…you might get a rash.”
Half-smiling, Sonic huffed and stood near a chair.
Eyeing Rouge and Tails for a moment, Shadow smirked lightly then also stood near a chair.
Being the odd man out, Knuckles grit his teeth, but eagerly got ready for the event.
Watching them all get ready, Amy walked upto Tails and Rouge with the urge to ask a blatant question written all over her face.
“So Rouge…what are the consequences for this one.”
Rouge shrugged and whispered to Amy: “There are none. You'll see why.”
Amy just stared at her, then stepped back. “You're weird…” And with that, she walked away.
“Hold on Amy. There's something you can do,”
“There is?”
“Yeah, you can make sure the guys have enough balls in their seats and if you see anyone dropping some, then tell me.”
Grinning oddly, Amy nodded then dashed off, her eyes lingering on Sonic. “You had better drop your balls, Sonic!”
Slapping a hand over his face, Sonic shook his head. “Can we please get on with this? All of a sudden I'm not feeling too well at all!”
Knuckles laughed and slapped him on the back. “Just hang in their blue! We're almost outta here!”
Sonic sighed. “Why me…”
“Allright listen up! You have 2 minutes in this whole event to finish! Make it worth my while!” Rouge shouted, holding up her hand. “On your marks! Get set!! …GO!!!!”
Immediately at her call, the guys squatted down in their seats, picked up one or two balls at a time between their thighs and waddled through the tires, without trying to drop any of them.
“GO SONIC!” Tails cheered from the sidelines. “You can do it!”
“Oh NO HE CAN'T!!” Amy retaliated angrily. “Sonic is gonna LOSE this one, because I WANT him to! And because I said so!”
“Amy that's not fair!” Tails replied from the other end of the field.
“Can it Tails! Do you want me to blow on you again?!”
“No not that!!” Tails responded, shielding his head with his arms. “I HATE GETTING BLOWN!”
Unable to hold back overhearing their `conversation', both Knuckles and Sonic started snickering, then burst out into laughter and lost their balance.
“HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!” Knuckles roared, starting to pick himself back up.
“That's just too funny!” Sonic chimed in, doing the same. “Oh man…it just never gets old, does it?”
Seeing the two fall, Amy rushed over to them and grabbed the plaster balls from them. “Hurry up and get up!” she shouted to Knuckles, but grinned to Sonic. “You on the other hand can take your time. I'd handle your balls anytime, Sonic.” She smiled, honestly referring to the plaster ones.
But Sonic DID NOT see it that way, and suddenly felt too sick to continue. “I..I gotta go! Be back in 30!” he forced out and ran off towards the bushes again, clutching his gut.
Seeing him run off, Amy chuckled to herself. “Good! He's out! Soon, we'll be able to go out on out date, and then…dum dum da dum! Dum dum da dum!!!” she laughed hysterically to herself and headed back to her end of the chairs.
While all this was going on, Shadow had gone down the course twice and was heading down for his third turn, when he goto the limbo bars and ducked too soon, dropping the one ball he managed to carry.
Cursing to himself, he left it and went down to the end of the course and simply picked up another one.
“That's okay, Shadow!” Rouge called. “I'm sure you just ran out of room down there…!”
Glancing at her with a blush, Shadow nodded, but continued on.
He had already broken 5. But Knuckles was still in this game too!
He was on his fourth trip down and had already smashed 15 of the plaster balls!
“Yeah go Knuckles!” Tails called. “Show everyone how strong your thighs are!!”
With a grin, Knuckles chuckled then glanced over to Shadow. “Looks like I've beaten you in this game!”
“Hmph” was Shadow's reply. “This isn't over yet, echidna!”
“Oh, I'd say it is, hedgehog!”
Soon 2 minutes had passed. Rouge looked at her watch and waved her arms above her head. “ALLRIGHT STOP!! Amy, how many broken balls we got?”
Running across the field, Amy counted each shattered piece of plaster on the ground near both chairs on either end.
“Well, it looks like Knuckles has broken a total of 35 while Shadow only broke 12, no 13!”
“13?!” Rouge repeated “What a low number!” Disappointed, she jotted the numbers down. “And how about Sonic?”
Grinning, Amy checked Sonic's chairs and shrugged. “Only 2!”
“Two eh? Allright”
“Um Miss Rouge?”
“Yes Fox-Boy?”
“What exactly was I supposed to do?”
Chuckling darkly, Rouge leaned down and spoke very lowly. “It's very simple. All you're going to do is tell the difference between a chicken egg and one of these balls.”
“Oh okay”
“And then you're going to carry it, between your thighs to the other side of this obstacle course and you're going to have to sit down without it breaking. Sounds easy right?”
Tails shook his head. “No, not at all.”
“Well too bad! This is something that isn't as rough as what he other guys had to do. Anyway, Hey Amy, you got the egg ready?”
“What egg…oh! Yeah” she said, placing it down next to one of the plaster balls.
“Allright Tails, you've got 30 seconds! On your mark, get set…GO!!”
At her command, Tails rushed over to one of the chairs, hesitantly picked the egg out from the rest of the balls and slipped it between his thighs without using his hands. Discreetly and quickly, he made it through the tires, under the limbo bars and then made it finally to the chair.
“5 more seconds!” Rouge called, and by hearing that, the little fox panicked a little and as he sat down, the egg broke open.
Shuddering as he felt the yolk splatter all over his thighs, Tails made a face.
“Ugghh It's so warm and GOOEY! It's dripping all down my legs!” he cried.
Stifling a laugh, Rouge shook her head and jotted down a number for Tails. “Amy, grab him a towel, would ya?”
“Here!” Amy shouted, throwing one at Tails' head. “…Someone needs to wash your mouth out!”
Innocently, Tails took the towel off his head and peeked at her. “Huh?”
“DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!”
“Ahhh!” Tails yelped, shielding his face from Amy. “I already got all this white gooey stuff all over me, I don't need you adding to it too!”
Amy narrowed her eyes and just shook her head. “Nasty!!” And with that she left him to clean himself off.
“Okay! Here are the scores!” Rouge announced. “A'hem!. Tails received a 2, Knuckles got a 5, Sonic got a 1 and Shadow…you got a 2. Sorry!”
Shadow simply scoffed and shrugged. “It's no loss to me. At least I know why I lost.”
“Yeah, so do I …” Rouge mused, giving him an alluring smile.
“Uh, ahem! Don't I get some reward for winning this time?” Knuckles butt in. “I did win this round right? Right?!”
Disgusted, Rouge sighed and nodded. “Yes, Knuckles, you won.”
“YES!!!” he shouted, leaping into the air. “Eat THAT, you loser!”
Shadow half-smiled and walked away. “Enjoy winning…while you can.”
“Yeah, and I WILL!!”
Shaking her head, Rouge sighed and pulled out the last remaining card for the Strength events.
“Choose wisely, Knucklehead…if you are able…”
“Of course I am! I won!” he exclaimed, flexing his muscles.
Stifling a sarcastic chuckle, Rouge smiled a little and held out the remaining card in front of him. “Choose your destiny…!”
“Ooh!” Amy spoke up. “Does that mean we're gonna get to play Mortal Kombat sometime during or after all this?”
Rouge wrinkled her nose at the idea, then thought about it. “It's possible.”
“Yes!” Amy cheered, jumping up and down.
Curious, Tails looked to her. “I didn't know you liked to play Mortal Kombat, Amy.”
Shadow shook his head. “How can you not, as violent as this girl is?”
“Ohh” Tails nodded. “Good point!”
“I know it is.”
 
 
-FINALLY
 
Mel