Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Milkshake Challenge!!! ❯ Soakin' Wet ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- This is the longest Milkshake chapter ever…It should carry you right along though…

A/N- Verrrry blunt and unrestrained jokes and outbursts by Tails.. …Hey, we knew it was coming sooner or later, right?

A/N- This chapter may have a different flair to it.

THE MILKSHAKE CHALLENGE!!!! 5!!! SOAKIN' WET!!

"Allright, Rouge." Knuckles called to the bat-woman. "I'm ready for my turn!"

Rouge half-smiled, then jumped off the stage and stood next to him. "Okay, hun. All you've got to do is spin this bottle…" she indicated, pointing down "…and watch what it lands on."

Knuckles nodded and pounded a fist in his hand. "I know what to do!"

She eyed him suspiciously. "You sure you're up for this.?"

"Wha?" He gave her a puzzled look. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Hmm just asking. Oh yeah…" Rouge started, leaning slightly close to him, "Nice performance back there."

"Heh. That was nothing! Having strong oral techniques and a strong body is what my generation and race is known for!"

Rouge's ears perked up. "Oh really…?" She then lowered her voice. "You're trying to hit on me, aren't you…?"

"What? No, why?"

With a groan, Rouge shook her head and stepped away from him with crossed arms. "Some romantic you are… Take your turn already."

"Fine, you don't have to rush me, bat-girl!"

" 'Bat girl'? Someone needs to teach you how to treat a lady…"

Knuckles frowned. "I can treat a lady just fine! But it's you that doesn't deserve it, you thief!"

"Thief?!" Rouge vociferated and pointed a finger to his chest. "Listen up, echidna! You can talk that boorish trash all you want, but calling me a thief is crossing the line! So if you'd like to continue your day in one piece, I suggest you rearrange your way of thinking and cooperate, if you know what's best for you!"

"Wow…" Amy uttered, watching the two argue from across the room.

Sonic whistled. "…Rouge is really giving it to him rough…."

"She is?" Tails uttered, then thought for a moment and looked up at Sonic. "Shouldn't that be the other way around?"

"Huh!" Sonic cried. "What are you talking about, Tails! Oh…You mean Knuckles shouldn't take her yelling like a sissy, right??"

Tails said nothing for a moment, then returned his attention back to Knuckles and Rouge. "Well, not exactly…"

Sonic said nothing and stared at Tails, while Amy stomped her foot and pointed at him. "See that, Sonic?! Your little buddy is turning out to be less innocent than you thought! And YOU'RE THE one to blame!"

Sonic cringed. "Wh-what? Why me?"

"Because YOU'RE the older influence on him and he picks up whatever you say or do!!"

Sonic shrugged. "Ah… let him learn. There's nothing I can really do about that!"

Amy scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I'd like to keep hearing you say that after I go after Knuckles and leave you in the dust!"

"Aw, come on don't do that, Amy." Sonic said, then muttered under his breath "Even Knuckles doesn't deserve to have that kind of torture."

"What was that?!"

"Uh nuthin. Hey, I think I hear Shadow callin' me, see you Amy!" Sonic said, then quickly sped off to where Shadow was.

"Well, I never!" Amy huffed, putting her hands on her hips.

Confused, Tails looked upto her. "I thought you were crazy for Sonic? Using reverse psychology on him won't persuade him to go out with you, you know…"

Amy gave Tails an odd look. "You definitely know more than what you let on…."

Replying with only bashful smile, Tails turned his focus back to Rouge and Knuckles and proceeded to walk over to them.

"Oh yeah?" Knuckles retaliated "You think you know what's best for me?!"

"Obviously you can't seem to figure it out for yourself!" Rouge replied hotly.

"…Don't start with me!!" Knuckles growled, getting into a battle stance.

"Allright, you guys, break it up!" Sonic stated, rushing in-between the two and pushing Knuckles back as Shadow lightly did the same with Rouge. "We can't risk you breaking into a fight here. There are children present." Shadow stated.

Watching the four of them carry on their own conversation, Tails meekly walked upto Rouge and Shadow and timidly spoke his words. "You guys, please don't tear it up in my workshop…"

Silence coated the room.

"Uh… let's just take this outside." Sonic said.

"But I haven't chosen an event yet…" Knuckles complained.

"So, what's stopping you?" Rouge argued.

Growling, Knuckles was about to retaliate when Amy walked up beside him with her hands firmly on her hips.

"Yeah, I agree! The faster we get this thing over with, the quicker Sonic will lose and have to go out on a date with me!"

Sonic cringed as Knuckles gave her a poor attempt at a seductive smile. "…And here I thought you got over Sonic and wanted to go on a date with me…"

Both Amy and Rouge laughed.

Knuckles frowned as he glared at them both. "What's so funny…" he growled through gritted teeth.

"A date with you?" Amy mused, trying to hold back a giggle. "That was motivation for Sonic to lose! Ha! Wait. You never actually thought-"

"Quiet Amy!" Sonic exclaimed, abruptly covering her mouth and pulling to her side. "Just take your turn, already, Knuckles!"

Being so close to her idol and hero, Amy squealed with contentment and threw her arms around Sonic tightly and snuggled into his chest. "Oh Sonic! You really do care about me!!"

With a shudder, Sonic glanced at Amy, then looked to Knuckles with a pleading expression. "…For the sake of my sanity, Knuckles, please just spin the bottle, now!"

Wordless with a scowl on his face, Knuckles threw both Amy and Sonic an unreadable glare before reaching down to spin the bottle.

The group watched with anticipation, except for Shadow who didn't care, as the bottle spun around three times before stopping on Strength.

"Allright!" Knuckles cheered with a clenched fist. "Finally, time for some REAL action!"

Rouge snorted at his comment, then stepped upto him with 3 cards. "Pick one…"

Knuckles stared at her for a moment, then at the cards, then back at her. "Where did you pull those from?"

"PICK ONE!"

"FINE! You don't have to YELL!"

Annoyed, Rouge rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Just pick a card, and save the ignoramus act for the Floating Island."

"Yeah…" Tails meekly spoke up, standing between Sonic and Amy. "Let's all make love and not war! Isn't that right, Miss Rouge?"

Rouge flinched and nearly dropped her cards at Tails' sudden comment and quickly darted her attention to him.

Fearing he did something wrong again, Tails bit his lip and hid slightly behind Sonic.

'I wonder if he actually may have a clue as to what he's saying…' she thought. Before Rouge could comment, a chuckle from Knuckles cut her off.

"Heh. I think Tails is trying to tell you something, Rouge!" Knuckles jeered with a dark smile.

"I am…?" Tails wondered quietly.

"Boy, you're a kinky little fox!" Amy groused , crossing her arms.

"I don't get it.." Tails stated lowly.

With a sigh, Sonic patted Tails on the shoulder. "We understand what you mean, but just so you'll remember, it's 'make peace, not war'. Okay?"

Tails blinked and innocently looked up at Sonic. "I don't get it. What's wrong with making a little love?" he asked, scratching his head.

Sonic jumped. "WHAT!! …W-well…" Sonic stammered, and tried to come up with a way to say it, when Rouge spoke for him.

"Er…That's okay, Fox-Boy. Some people just don't get it…" she said placidly, looking at Knuckles with a mock smile. "and they probably, never will…not in this life. So, anyway! It's getting a bit stuffy in here, so let's move it outside."

With groans and grumbles, everyone did what they were told, except for Tails.

"I'll be out in a jiffy, Miss Rouge, but I gotta make sure the workshop is fixed up and tidy before I leave it."

Rouge shrugged. "Sure. Whatever floats your boat, Fox-boy. Just don't stay in here too long…I'll start to miss you."

Turning red, Tails scratched the back of his head. "I know…" he mumbled, then ran off before Rouge could comment.

Shadow, who was the last to leave, stepped upto Rouge and muttered: "I think someone is trying his best to win your affections rather than win this contest."

With a smirk Rouge glanced over to where Tails was, then looked at Shadow. "Who him? Yeah, there's never a dull moment… He's pretty slick…for a fox…"

"…Heh. Good one."

With a smirk, Rouge slapped hands with him. "I only give the best."

With a "Hmph", Shadow continued to leave Tails' workshop, nonchalantly brushing past Knuckles, who stood near the doorway, in the process.

"Oh…I didn't see you so obviously standing there…" Shadow mused casually.

Knuckles growled. "How could you NOT see me, I'm bright RED, idiot."

With a scoff, Shadow turned away from him and stepped out into the Mystic Ruins with the rest of the group.

"That guy…he knows just what buttons to push to get on my nerves…!" Knuckles growled, clenching a fist.

At that moment, Rouge stepped out and almost walked past him. "…What's wrong now…"

"Hmph. Why should you care? It's nothing that would interest you." Knuckles retorted.

"…Thanks for saving me the trouble." With a mock smile, she brushed past him and made her way over to the rest of the group. "Are you coming or what?!"

With a growl, Knuckles shook a fist at her, then began to charge over to them when Tails suddenly dashed out from his lab and ran in front of him.

Coming to a stop in front of Rouge, Tails tried to catch his breath.

Sonic was the first to speak up. "What's wrong, Tails?"

Tails shook his head, then stepped closer to Rouge.

Rouge could have sworn she saw a faint smirk on his face, but pushed the thought aside when he began to talk.

"Sorry I took so long, Miss Rouge. I couldn't wait anymore, and I didn't want to keep you waiting, so I pushed myself to go as fast as I could so I could hurry up and come with you." He paused and looked around, noticing that the event hadn't started yet. "Or…do you think I came too soon? I could always come again…and pace myself, this time… Should I, or do you have something else in mind?"

Rouge stopped breathing for a few seconds, almost not believing what she just heard. In a flash, she ran over to Tails and took him by the hands.

"… ONCE isn't enough for you?! Please tell me that you're not underage, and just have a really tiny body…PLEASE!!"

"Well…" Tails began, with a smile "Big things come in really small packages! Sonic's told me so!"

Rouge flinched. "WHAT!" she shrieked, throwing a deadly look at Sonic. "I think someone's been holding out on me!"

Feeling like he got punched in the stomach, Sonic recoiled and tried to step out of Rouge's intense glare. "H-Hey! Don't bring ME into this!"

"Sonic!!!" Amy called, suddenly clinging to him. "How dare you do such things with Tails that I don't know about! You should only have eyes for me! Me!"

"WHAT! What are you talking about, Amy!" Sonic cried, breaking out in cold sweat.

"But that's not fair Amy…" Tails spoke up, walking over to her. "If it's not okay for Sonic to be interested in anyone else, then it shouldn't be okay for you to take interest in someone else. Like Knuckles!"

Surprised, Amy raised an eyebrow at him, then laughed. "Knuckles?! Yeah right. He only wishes that a lady as beautiful as me would come his way for a date. But if he does like me, then, to say the least he has some good taste. But you, on the other hand, are playing the rest of us for saps! And I know that you and Sonic have been friends and known each other longer than I have, but that doesn't change the fact that Sonic is still mine!"

"Um, come on Amy. Knock it off!" Sonic called, but she ignored him and stepped upto Tails, pointing a finger at him. "Just who do you think you are, huh?!" She barked, reaching up to tug on the three stray locks of hair on his head. "And what's this supposed to be anyway? Is this your personal style? It screams 'bed-head' to me."

Not liking to be teased, Tails tried to move her hands away from his hair. "Cut it out Amy! And anyway, you have hair in your face too!"

"Yeah, but mine's cuter!" she retaliated.

"Allright, that's enough you two!" Sonic said, standing between them, and the instant he touched Amy, she eagerly grabbed onto his arm. As Sonic began to pull her away she stuck out her tongue at Tails then blew at his bangs.

Tails, however, had a fit. "Ahhh! Quit blowing me Amy!! I hate that!!" He then clenched his fists, and tried to hold back a few tears. "…Girls always used to blow me when I was younger… And it was always just to tease me! Guys never did that to me! Why can't girls be more like them?!"

Rouge, who felt disturbed as well as intrigued by Tails' outburst, shook her head, and

walked over to him, kneeling to meet his height. "Hey…calm down, Fox-boy… Amy's just being the obnoxious brat that she is and…"

"Miss Rouge!" Tails cried, throwing his arms around her as best as he could and sobbing into her chest. Alarmed, but sure he didn't mean anything by it, Rouge grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and slightly pulled him off, but he only clung to her more.

"Miss Rouge…you're different from those girls….right? I know…I know that you'd never blow me, right? You're too sophisticated to…to blow me…"

Rouge shuddered. "Please stop saying that…"

"Well…" Knuckles commented, brushing past Rouge. "Sounds like bad news for you, Rouge…"

It took nearly all her strength to hold herself back from kicking that echidna into the next country, but before she could say or do anything, Shadow walked upto her and grabbed Tails by the scruff of his neck and pried him off her.

With surprised eyes, she looked up at him. "Shadow what are you…"

"…There are too many distractions. You've got an event to start." He commented, smirking faintly.

She sighed. "…How could I ever forget…"

-7 minutes later-

"Okay, you all better be ready, because I'm only going to say this once. This next event will be called Soakin' Wet. One person, selected at random, will be placed above an 8-foot deep tank of water. There will be a large target above your head. The object of this event will be to hit a bulls eye and knock that selected person into the tank…"

Knuckles raised his hand.

Rouge sighed. "Yes…?"

"Well…if one person is to be selected at random, does that count for the whole event, or can others be selected?"

"…Good question. I must say I'm amused. And yes, there will be more than one selection. That way all of you boys will get a taste of how it feels to be wet." She said with a light smile.

"You hear that?" Knuckles asked, nudging Sonic in the arm. "That means we get drop you in the water too, you hammer!"

Sonic half-smiled. "Ha! We'll see…!" He then raised his hand.

Rouge, noticing his hand up, smiled darkly, already knowing his question. " No, you can't forfeit this event, Sonic. If you leave…then the remaining three of you would leave, one by one."

"So what if we'd leave?" Knuckles shrugged. "At least you'll have a winner for your contest… He'd be a leftover, but I'm sure you wouldn't complain about it, much…" he sneered, glancing at Shadow.

"Hmph." Shadow retaliated, glancing over at Knuckles, then looking to Rouge with a smirk. "…There must be too many gnats flying around out here. I could have sworn I heard something irritating buzzing about in my ear…"

Knuckles growled and shook a fist at him. "Why you!"

"Allright that's enough!" Amy exclaimed, holding up her hands. "Both of you, no all of you, just pipe down and let Rouge finish! Not that I care for her, but I want to get this over with so Sonic and I can go out. Is that clear?!"

All the guys nodded, except for Sonic, who gulped.

"Allright Rouge, you may begin."

Rouge raised an eyebrow, then motioned for them all to follow her to a clearing with a large 8 ft open water tank.

"Okay, this is where we'll start. You'll each use softballs as your projectiles. Now, boys, stand in a circle around Amy."

Puzzled, Amy looked to Rouge as the guys surrounded her. "…I knew I was attractive, but why send them all after me, Rouge? Just what are you upto…?"

Rouge frowned. "This doesn't require talking. I want you to close you eyes and spin around in place 3 times, then…reach for someone and give them a kiss."

"WHAT!" Sonic jumped. "From Amy? No way!"

"A kiss? You've got to be joking!" Knuckles retaliated.

Shadow simply shook his head, while Tails took a step back. "After what she did to my manhood, no way!" he mumbled, tugging on his bangs.

Knuckles coughed to old back a laugh, while Sonic nervously rubbed the back of his head. "That's manlyhood, Tails. Sheesh…who was the guy who taught you all this stuff? He didn't do a very good job…"

Tails blinked. "Oh… That was-"

"YOU, Sonic." Amy cut in, glaring at Sonic.

"Aheh…I guess you're right…."

Rouge rolled her eyes. "We don't have all day! There're only 12 more hours until the ice-cream parlor closes, and I want to get there on time! Amy, close your eyes and pucker up!"

With a haughty gesture, Amy turned her nose up at Rouge, then closed her eyes and spun around three times.

All the guys watched, and silently whimpered, in the anticipation of who would be Amy's first victim.

Coming to a wobbly stop, Amy tried to retain her balance and took a few steps towards Sonic.

The hedgehog could barely breathe, his heart was pounding in his ears. 'Please don't let her kiss me. Please!' he begged in his mind. And like an answer to his prayers, Amy lost her balance and ended up colliding into Knuckles, and kissing him square on the chest.

"Ack..." Amy coughed. "Who is this?" she pondered, roaming her hands about Knuckles body, then stopped when she felt his dreadlocks and screamed.

"Ahhh!! I feel contaminated with something!"

"OH SHUT UP, ALREADY!" Knuckles bellowed, and stormed past her and Rouge and stood next to the water tank. "Tell me when…" he growled.

Rouge smirked. "Go for it. The rest of you, take turns knocking him down. You all have one try. Oh yes! I almost forgot. If you do by chance get knocked in the water, you will have 30 seconds to reach the surface and climb out. The longer you stay in past 30 seconds will be multiplied by 10, and…." She trailed off, aimlessly looking around and smirked when her eyes fell on Amy. "…transferred into minutes, and Amy will have to give CPR to the person for that length of time. And since that echidna has already initiated the event, you all have to join in!" She then winked at Sonic. "That includes you too."

Sonic shrugged. "It's not much better than getting a kiss from Amy, but, a deals a deal and I'm a man of my word. Come on you guys." He called to the rest of them and walked over to the tank of water, which Knuckles was already sitting above in a little blue seat.

With a dark chuckle, he patted the seat and nodded to Sonic. "This is perfect for you. It has your name written all over it, you hammer."

Sonic smirked and gave him a thumbs down as Rouge walked next to the tank. "Allright, boys. Ready? GO!"

Knuckles nearly had to shield himself from all the oncoming projectiles being hurled at his face. "Hey…HEY!" He shouted, glaring at Sonic. "You're aiming for my face on purpose!"

"It's in the way! It's distracting my concentration!" Sonic replied, throwing another ball at his face.

Knuckles sucked his teeth, then risked a look at Rogue for sympathy.

"Hmm…I didn't see a thing…" she chuckled, and pretended not to catch his eyes on purpose.

Knowing she was ignoring him, Knuckles grit his teeth then opened his mouth to yell at her when the target got hit and sent him plummeting into the water.

"Rooblurgigurgle!!" Was his garbled protest.

Sonic laughed. "What's that supposed to be?!"

"…Sounds like a warped mating call…" Shadow evenly stated, then hesitated when Rouge shot him a dark look. "…Or…distress call…"

"Thank you…" Rouge replied, then looked at her watch. "He's been in there for 20 seconds now. Let's see if he can make it."

3 seconds later, Knuckles emerged from the surface of the tank, dripping wet and his chest heaving. He leaned on the edge of the top and tried to seem casual."…Well, that was refreshing… So how'd I do?"

Rouge wrinkled her nose at his question, making a mental note of it being cuter when Tails says it, then wrote down a number for him. "Not bad."

He frowned. "Do I have to kiss Amy?"

"No…your life as been saved by a mere 7 seconds. Now get out. Okay! Next!"

This time, Amy stumbled into Tails, and knew it was him because of his height, so she didn't even bother to kiss him.

Meekly, he hopped in the seat. "…I'm ready…"

Rouge nodded. "Allright you guys. Get set…GO!"

It hadn't even been 2 seconds when the target was hit and Tails was sent head first into the water. And almost as soon as he fell in, he resurfaced in record-breaking time.

Gripping the rim of the tank, he used his tails to fly out, and splashed Rouge and Amy, who were standing the closest to the tank.

"Ahhh Tails!" Amy shrieked, trying to shake the unwanted droplets off of her. "You got me all wet, now!"

"Sorry.." Tails said "Good thing you're wearing rubber." He then landed on the ground and crossed his arms. "But, it serves you right to be wet, after blowing me the way you did. What goes around comes around."

Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge simply stared at the two of them and exchanged glances.

Rouge was the first to laugh. "Ha! Interesting! You know, Fox-boy…" she stated, lowering her voice, "…you got me all wet too from that little stunt of yours."

"Huh?" Tails questioned, innocently looking at her. "I'm sorry, Miss Rouge. I didn't mean to get you all wet. You feel much better when you're dry. …Right?"

Rouge's eyes suddenly narrowed as the howling laughter of Knuckles and Sonic rang in her ears.

"What's the matter Rouge?" Knuckles called, pointing at her. "Can't handle it? Is a minor too much for you? Ha!"

"I wouldn't go there if I were you…" she growled through gritted teeth, then turned her back to him before she lost control. Quickly jotting down a number for Tails, she glanced to Amy.

With a small grin on her face, Amy eyed Sonic, confidently, then closed her eyes and spun around.

It was only Sonic and Shadow now.

After the third turn, Amy maintained a steady balance, and stepped over to where she hoped her beloved would be. Placing her hands on his arms, she slid them up the length of his arms until reaching his face. Cupping his cheeks, she pulled his face forward and puckered her lips, ignoring the restraint she was receiving. But before her lips could make it, a soggy wet glove covered her mouth and pulled her backwards.

Panting, she shot her eyes open to find Tails wiping his hands, and Shadow rubbing his mouth with the back of his arm. "That was a close one…" he uttered to Tails. "Thanks."

Tails smiled and gave a thumbs up.

"Why…YOU!"

"Okay, Shadow's next!" Rouge interrupted.

With a "Hmph", Shadow made his way to the chair and crossed his arms. He glared at Knuckles who had a dark grin on his face and readied his weapon. "Ready…"

Rouge nodded, and wiped off her notepad. "Allright, boys, GO!"

Knuckles was the first to throw his projectile at Shadow, and soon was the only one throwing them at him, 5 at a time. "There's no WAY I'm gonna miss!!"

Watching him throw the balls like crazy, Sonic and Tails both paused after their first few tosses, and shook their heads, staring at him.

"Hey man, cut him some slack! You know Shadow probably can't swim!" Sonic spoke up.

Knuckles chuckled. "I know."

Shadow said nothing, but smirked. After another horde of throws, Knuckles finally hit a bull's eye, knocking Shadow into the tank, where he instantly disappeared into the water.

25 seconds had passed, and he still hadn't come upto the surface.

"Oh no…" Tails murmured, getting worried. "Poor Shadow…"

"Yeah…" Sonic agreed, then smacked Knuckles upside the back of his head. "Idiot! I told you to take it easy!"

Knuckles scoffed and rubbed the back of his head and pushed Sonic away. "He'll LIVE, Sonic. If he could survive the impact of crashing into the earth from outer-space, then I'm SURE drowning won't kill him, either."

"Do you even listen to yourself when you talk, echidna?"

Knuckles snorted and crossed his arms, mistaking the voice for Sonic's and turning around.. "Of course I do! What kind of idiot do you think I--- Oh…it's you." He stated placidly, staring right in the face of Shadow.

"See, I told you drowning wouldn't kill him. Hey, you can't use Chaos Control here!"

"Oh, but he can…" Rouge commented, stepping between them. "I never said you had to swim to the top. Just reach it."

Knuckles was taken aback. "What? Yeah well, I swam out, the warrior's way instead of the easy way!!"

Rouge rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah… Shadow, you came in at 29 seconds. You just made it." She said, jotting down his number, then stealing a glance at his dripping body and matted fur, before turning away.

"Allright, that just leaves one contestant standing… " she said with a smirk. "Sonic…you're up."

Sonic glanced at Amy. "You mean, Amy doesn't have to kiss me…?"

"No… since you're the last one you can just go right up."

"Whew…" Sonic said, wiping his brow and zipping upto the chair. "Safe for now…"

Rouge grinned. "Yes, for now. Although she hasn't given mouth to mouth to anyone yet…let's hope the best was saved for last!"

"Wha--!"

"Ready! GO!"

Knuckles chuckled while stealing a dark glance at Shadow and then tossed a softball at Sonic's head, and missed.

"Hey! HEY!" Sonic yelled, barely dodging the other Knuckles threw. "Watch the face, will ya! This is the face of a genuine hedgehog at his prime!!"

"Oh really?" Shadow commented, tossing a ball at the target and missing the bull's eye. " You genuine? Don't be so delusional, faker. I'm far more superior to you."

"Ha!" Sonic retaliated. "Maybe in your dreams, faker!"

"Hmph!" Shadow replied as Knuckles laughed. "You know he's just trying to distract you to make you an easier target. You're still gonna hit the drink…and sink to the bottom, just like a hammer, you hammer!!"

Amy shook her head while she watched them "Someone needs to stay on his island long enough to find himself a thesaurus!" She then stood on her tippy-toes and waved her arms at Sonic "SOOONIIICCC Over here!!! You better fall in quick, DARRRLIING!"

Sonic lifted his attention to Amy. "What!"

"Now!" Shadow announced, as he and Knuckles both threw their best shots at the target.

"Take this, faker!"

"Eat this, you hammer!"

Sonic barely had time to hold his breath, as the seat gave way and dropped him into the tank. He almost climbed out, when Knuckles smacked him upside the forehead with another ball and sent him against the wall of the tank where he sank into its depths.

"That oughtta do it for when you hit me in the face, earlier!" Knuckles stated proudly.

20 seconds had passed, and still no sign of Sonic was seen.

"Oh, Sonic…" Amy muttered, balling her hands into worried fists. "Please be allright…"

25 seconds passed.

Tails gulped, and ran close to the tank. "Sonic, I know you can make it!!"

Rouge watched him, and began to feel for the hedgehog, but looked at her watch. "…That's 30 seconds… Knuckles…"

The echidna turned on his name. "What?"

"Rouge pointed to the tank. "Bust him out of there. He needs to stay alive for this."

With a scoff, Knuckles went upto the tank and constantly punched it before finally breaking it open 87 seconds later.

The blue hedgehog washed out in an instant, coughing, and Amy immediately ran to him. "Oh Sonic, you're allright!"

Sonic coughed and looked at her with one eye. "Well of course I am. I got it like that."

"Hm…" Rouge commented, jotting down a few notes in her notepad. "Amy, since Sonic was out for 87 seconds, that multiplied by 10 gives you…6 minutes and 10 seconds of CPR time."

Amy's eyes lit up. "That's the most intelligent thing you've said all day!"

Rouge narrowed her eyes, but set aside Amy's words. "You two can play doctor for all I care."

Amy squealed with delight and clamped her hands on Sonic's arms and straddled him. "You hear that Sonic? 6 whole minutes! Now close your eyes and stay still!"

"No!!" He cried, trying to squirm free, but each struggle only made it worse.

"Hey…" Rouge chimed in "You're a man of your word, right? Let's see you bite your egoistic pride and keep this one."

"Walk away…NOW…" Sonic mouthed to Rouge, while Amy had already started kissing him on the cheek.

Rouge chuckled as she walked away, and pulled out her notes. "Allright, boys, for those of you still…unoccupied, these are the scores: Knuckles, you have a 4, Fox-boy, you've got a 5, Shadow…you have a 3, and Sonic…well…I think he's already got a satisfying outcome, don't you?" She joked, looking over at Sonic, who was practically completely covered by Amy and her "Roman hands and Russian fingers".

Knuckles scoffed and crossed his arms. "Serves him right…" With a snort, he turned on his heels and walked a short distance away from the group. Part of him was too stubborn to admit that he actually felt discouraged, and double-crossed the way Amy played with his mind the way she did.

Rouge and the remaining others watched him go for a moment, then exchanged looks.

"I'm taking a break…" Shadow said, giving Rouge a look before walking away. Rouge watched him for a moment, then looked down at Tails. "Well, Fox-boy, looks like you're the winner of first new event. Congratulations. I knew you had it in you." She smirked. "Looks like someone's making quite the comeback."

Tails blushed, and rubbed his neck nervously. "Thanks. You know that I always do my best, Miss Rouge. I really don't like to disappoint."

Rouge raised an eyebrow at the appearance of a small grin slip across his lips, but pushed it aside and held out the two remaining cards. "Ready to choose…or would you like to wait a while? Remember, we only have 12 hours before the parlor closes and we can kiss that milkshake goodbye."

Tails placed a finger to his chin in thought. " Hm…something thick and creamy or something strenuous that makes you hot and sweaty…"

Rouge gave him a wary look. "…I think you've lost the subject…"

"Huh?"

--

Well that's it for another Milkshake chapter! Man, a lot was going on. This chapter was based on a few rough ideas I had, and now…I haven't got any idea for the next one. Should they all take a break, or jump right back into the action?

Things about this chapter…

Knuckles constantly calling Sonic a "hammer" is more of a Japanese-type joke, meaning: 'someone who can't swim, will sink to the bottom of the ocean.'…like a hammer, or heavy object




When Tails was nearly in tears about girls blowing him to tease him, when he was a younger fox, girls were the main species that picked on him, instead of the guys.


Anything else? Hmm…Oh well, what should happen next? A hiatus with the group or another event?

Please, send in some ideas for an event that deals with Strength!

See ya

-Mel