Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer note: I would love to own Sonic and co but i don't, damn. Sega and the Sonic Team do.

Thanks again to all my reviewers. I think you all rock. Here's some more kisses. xxxxxxx. lol. Anyway onto chapter 10.

Chapter 10

Sonic awoke and looked around.

Where am i? Am i dead? Wait, this is my room! How'd i get here?

He tried to sit up but found he had great difficulty due to the pain he was experiencing.

"I wouldn't try to get up if i was you. You've got 2 broken ribs, a fractured arm and not to mention all the bruises and cuts."

Sonic looked up to locate the source of the voice. He realised Tails was the one speaking to him.

"Hey, How'd i get here?"

"Well, when Rouge and Knuckles saw the fight, Knuckles ran out to help you but Rouge called me and told me to come asap. When i got there in the X Tornado i stayed low under Angel Island. When i looked up i saw you being thrown from the island by some sorta bird. I flew underneath you and caught you but because of the distance you fell from, when you landed on the wing, you broke your ribs and arm. I'm sorry i didn't arrive quicker." He looked down at his shoes with a look of regret.

"Tails, there wasn't anything that you could have done better. I'd be dead if it wasn't for you. I'm really grateful. Thank You, Little Bro."

"Anytime Sonic." Said Tails, now much happier.

"Where's Amy?"

"I honestly don't know Sonic. Once i caught you, i flew straight home cause you were in a bad way."

"I'M GONNA KILL HIM. HE MUST HAVE HER. I'VE GOTTA GO AND HELP HER!" He started to try and get up but only ended up gritting his teeth with the pain and lying down again.

"Sonic, you are in no fit state to save anyone right now. You need to heal up first."

"But i don't have time. They could do anything to her. I have to find her now."

"Look Sonic. Me and the others will try our best to find her but you have to rest right now." Said Tails in a strict voice. "I don't know why you want to save her anyway. Knuckles told me she was working for Eggman along with Vex. She's partly the reason your like this."

"Tails, you don't understand. I was just gaining conciousness when i heard Vex and Amy talking. Vex said something about tricking Amy and how he had been undercover all along. He said something about DOOM and how he had got access to Amys' records. Amy went crazy and was talking about how he had lied and how she had hurt me for nothing. She said she still loves me." He seemed a lot happier on recalling that thought." I'm telling you Tails. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye."

"Hmmm. DOOM? I wonder what that is?" Tails was now deep in thought.

"I can tell you."

Sonic and Tails looked towards the door and saw Rouge still a bit bruised but looking a lot better.

"What do you mean? What do you know Rouge?" Sonic looked angry now.

"I can tell you but you have to keep your cool and no interuptions, ok?"

Knuckles walked in behind her.

"Well Rouge, let's hear it. I knew you were keeping something from me."

"Fine, i guess i better let everyone know. Tails, could you call everyone over. I'm gonna clear up some questions for all of you."

"Ok, Rouge." He walked to the phone and called Cream and Shadow. They both agreed to come over.

"Right, they said they would be here in the next 10 minutes."

"Great. It's easier if i tell you all at once. I won't have to repeat myself that way."

They all sat in silence looking at Rouge until the others arrived. Rouge looked worried and very nervous. When the door rang, Tails answered. Once they were all present and seated, Rouge began.

"Ok, now as i said before, i want no interuptions and please don't get angry with me for keeping this from you. I had to! It's my job."

They all looked at her strange but agreed with nods of their heads and a few ok's.

"Well, first of all, i am a special agent for the government. I work only when i'm needed and it's usually if they need me to spy on Eggman or if they want me to steal something from his base."

"Figures!" Smirked Knuckles, he looked at Rouge and the smirk dropped right off of his face. He was getting a death glare.

"I said no interuptions." She said looking at Knuckles with gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry baby, continue."

"Anyway, the government organisation i work for is called DOOM. It stands for Defenders Of Our Mobius. Six or seven months ago i was told that DOOM wanted Amy to join, they explained to me that she was going to inherit great power on her sixteenth birthday. They had an idea that using her and Vex to infiltrate Eggmans' base, they could recieve information and perhaps shut down his base for good. Only problem was that in order to do this Amy and Vex would have to play along and pretend they were on Eggmans' side. Amy eventually agreed and left here to join DOOM on the SAU, Special Abilities Unit. Vex trained her. He taught her martial arts, acting skills and also helped her learn to control her powers.
They started their mission today. As far as we can tell Eggman asked both of them to fight you to prove their loyalty which we guessed would happen anyway but we never once guessed that Vex was working for Eggman all along. The whole mission had been suggested by Vex from the start and he was giving Eggman inside information about Amy and her powers.
They plan to rule over this planet together and they both think that Sonic is dead. It's best we let them continue to think that for now.
I also heard that Vexs' brother, Hex has been assigned to watch them. He has the ability to turn invisable and so they will not be aware of his presence."

"Wait, they sent in his brother? That can't be a good idea." stated Sonic.

"Don't worry. Hex is appalled with his brother and hates Eggman with a vengence. He will not go onto their side. Usually we wouldn't put him on a mission so dangerous because he has no other abilities to protect himself............. but DOOM was desperate and he agreed."

" Has he found anything out yet?"

"Yes, Eggmans' new creation, Cybernova. We have found that he plans to use Amys' abilities to power it, if he does this it will be very powerful and the only way of stopping it would be to kill Amy. After he has taken over he plans to give her to Vex and she will be forcefully married to him.
Right now they have Amy captive in one of Eggmans' dungeons and there is a metal cufflet on her hand which seems to stop her from using her powers." She sighed. "I'm afraid, that's all i can tell you at the moment."

"Wow, You mean............. if he uses Amy to power this thing, we'll have to kill her to stop it." Tails said with wide eyes.

"Yes, it is the only way."

"NO, IT WON'T COME TO THAT. I WILL NOT HURT HER. I LOVE HER. I'LL BEAT THAT THING WITHOUT HAVING TO HARM HER. I HAVE TO." Sonic was now sobbing. "I JUST HAVE TO."

"Sonic, calm down. We'll just have to get her outta there before he does it. He hasn't figured out how to transfer her power into the robot yet so the sooner you heal up, the sooner we go in and save her. Which means we need someone with healing powers." Rouge sat back down thinking hard. She suddenly sat up startling Cream who was next to her, in the process. "I've got it. Commander Vesta! She can heal you. I forgot about that ability. She normally only has to use her fire abilities but after battle if anyone was injured(which is rare when you fight alongside Vesta), she would just touch the injuries and that person would be fine. Why didn't i think of that before?"

"WELL, CONTACT HER. I HAVE TO SAVE AMY." He shouted.

"It's not that simple. I'll have to take you to her but............ if i take you to the secret base you cannot reveal the location to anyone, ok?"

"Fine, let's just get there!" he wiped his eyes having now calmed down a bit.

With that, Rouge led the others to the secret base. Knuckles and Shadow helped Sonic into the X Tornado and they were on their way. Knuckles on one wing, Shadow on the other, Rouge in front of the X Tornado, Tails piloting and Cream stayed behind in her house with her mother. Tails insisted, he didn't want her to get hurt.

In the dungeon

Amy had sobbed herself to sleep the night before. She was awoken by a sudden noise like someone was walking down the corridor towards her cell. She sat up on the bed, brought her knees upto her chest and then wrapped her arms around her knees. She had never felt so afraid in her life.

Oh no! Who's coming? I hope i'm just imagining it.

Don't get me wrong. Amy does know martial arts and is quite a tough cookie but she still thinks that Sonic is dead, so her mind is on her grief and nothing else.She's currently having problems focusing, especially since she is being forced into marrying the one she thinks killed her one true love. She looked towards the cell door and was terrified when she saw none other than Vex.

"Well, hello my love. Sleep well?" He said with an evil grin.

"Stay away from me. Please leave me alone. I can't even look at you. You killed him." She said through a tear stained face and her constant sobs.

"But how can i stay away? Even though you have been crying over his worthless life, i am still willing to forgive you because i still love you."

"YOU WANT TO FORGIVE ME? YOU ARE TWISTED! HOW DARE YOU! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. THE VERY SIGHT OF YOU DISGUSTS ME. I HAVE NEVER LOVED YOU AND I NEVER WILL. NOW GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME OR I'LL..........."

"Or you'll what? I don't think your in a position to threaten me. In fact, i may just come in there and help you get over your grief." He started to unlock the door whilst maintaining eye contact with her and grinning like a maniac.

"You come in here and i'll kill you."

"That i'd like to see." he laughed an evil laugh and walked into her cell.

He continued to walk towards her. Amy lunged at him and kicked him right in the stomach. He fell to his knees holding his stomach. She tried to run past but he caught her leg and dragged her back. He slapped her across the face with heavy force and pinned her to the ground, holding her wrists and lying on top of her.

"What shall we do now, Miss Rose? I think we should have a little private party."

He grabbed both her wrists and held them down with one hand, using his other hand he started moving his hand up her leg, towards her thigh. She cried out and screamed and begged for him to stop. His hand was now at her inner thigh just as he was about to reach the area he was aiming for, he flew into the cell wall as if punched by an unseen force. Amy looked around and could see no one. She heard a whisper in her ear.

"Amy. It's Hex. Run, get out of here."

At first she was surprised but came to her senses and started to run as fast as her legs would carry her. She followed the signs that pointed towards the exit. (yip, trust Eggman to put signs up showing you how to get out). She turned a corner and was knocked back onto the floor. She looked up and saw that she was surrounded by 4 of Eggmans' E-Series robots. She knew she had to fight. She took a fighting pose and launched a flying kick into one of the robots followed by 2 swift punches. She sucessfully destroyed the first one but as she was about to land she recieved a quick, sharp blow delivered by one of the other robots and was smashed painfully into the wall. She then passed out.

DOOM base

Rouge and the others had arrived at Hill Top Zone. Sonic looked around and realised where they were.

Hill Top Zone! I've sat here so many times after searching for Amy. I can't believe she was here all along.

Rouge flew towards Hill Top Peak and pressed a button on her watch/communicator. The others watched amazed as an opening appeared.

"Tails, you'll have to land that thing outside and hide it well."

"Ok Rouge. I'll put it into cammoflage mode."(lame term, i know but couldn't think of anything better).

He landed the X Tornado. Knuckles and Shadow helped Sonic out and led him into the base. Tails activated cammoflage mode on the X Tornado and then followed close behind. The X Tornado completely blended with the trees. The only way to tell it was there was if you ran into it. Tails had a slight grin on his face. He was very proud that he had added that perticular feature, after all it takes someone incredibly intelligent to invent something like that.

As they entered the base they all stopped and looked around. It was hard to believe that this had been here the whole time. Rouge led them to the elevator and they all stepped in. She swiped her card and selected the sixth floor. She then led them to the end of the corridor and knocked on the door that led to Commander Vestas' office. As the door opened it revealed a female fox. She was brown in colour with tan coloured markings. She had a stern look on her face and did not look like the type you would pick a fight with. She was wearing her usual Commanders' uniform.

"Commander Vesta, I am glad to see you again. It's been a while."

"Indeed it has, Agent Rouge. What brings you here?"

Rouge beckoned towards Sonic who was still being held up by Shadow and Knuckles.

"I'm sure you have heard of Sonic The Hedgehog."

"Indeed i have."

"Well, following the recent mission failure and Vexs' high treason Sonic was badly injured. We need your help to heal him, so that we can help save Mobius and Amy from harm."

"I see. Well come into my office." They followed Vesta through the door and she beckoned to Knuckles and Shadow to sit Sonic in her swivel chair. They did this and Vesta walked over to him and looked him over. Sonic was a bit worried, she looked so stern and seemed to show no feelings or emotions whatsoever. Almost robot like.

"Um, Vesta?" He said looking up at her with a worried glance.

"That's Commander Vesta to you. Never refer to me without my title." Her violet eyes looked at Sonic with rage.

"Um, yeah sorry. Commander Vesta! What are you gonna do to me?" He said trying to back up as far into the chair as possible, this only resulted in a cry of pain and him gritting his teeth.

"I am simply going to place my hands above your wounds. You will feel intense heat and then will be healed. It seems i have quite a few wounds to heal."

She started going around his body and holding her hands above each wound, broken bone and bruise. It took her around half an hour. Once she had finished she advised Sonic to try standing. He stood up of the chair, did a quick dash around the room and finished standing in front of Vesta.

"Thank you so much Commander Vesta. I feel better than ever. I can save Amy now. I owe you so much. You ever need anything, just ask."

"No problem Sonic. The only thing i ask is that you stop Eggman and Vex. If they power Cybernova using Amys' energy we are all done for. I have to stay here to man the base and assign duties to my agents but i am sure you will be victorius again. Please, get going, before it is to late."

"You don't need to tell me twice." Stated Sonic. They all got back into the elevator and made their way back to the X Tornado. Sonic jumped on the right wing. Shadow the left, Knuckles in the plane with Tails and Rouge flying alongside.

"Hang on Amy. I'm coming for ya!"

And here ends chapter 10. What will happen to Amy? Will her friends arrive in time before it's too late? Will Commander Vesta remove that stick from up her ass? lol.
Let me know what you thought. I love my reviewers! No flames please, i burn. lol. Constructive critisism is always welcome. God it sounds like an advert in the paper. lol.

Thanks for reading. Next chappie will follow soon. Lori-Rose. xxx.













< br>