Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer note: I do not own Sonic and co, nor have i ever claimed to..........blah, blah, blah........

Thanks to all my reviewers once more. You guys rock! MWAH! XXX.

Chapter 13

The big battle

Sonic and Amy looked up towards Cybernova. They knew he was gonna be one tough cookie to crack.

"Eggman. You do realise that this place is gonna blow. If we fight here we'll all perish, including you." Reasoned Sonic.

Eggman laughed evilly. " There are still about 7 mins to go before this place blows and that it more than enough time for Cybernova to put an end to you Sonic!" He then shouted. "CYBERNOVA. ATTACK AND DESTROY!"

^^ Y e s D o c t o r ^^

Cybernova then launched itself at Sonic and Amy. Sonic grabbed Amy and managed to get out of the way just in time as Cybernovas' fist met with the ground where they had been standing.

"How the hell are you powering this thing Eggman?" Shouted Sonic.

"Why do you think i stole the master emerald?" laughed Eggman.

Cybernova then launched numerous missiles from the cannon on his arm. Just as they were about to hit Amy omitted an electrical charge and brought up a forcefield around her and Sonic. Each missile exploded upon contact with the forcefield.
Sonic looked at Amy in amazement. He had known she was powerful but had never imagined she would be able to do something like that.

"Thanks Amy. That was amazing."

"No problem. Let's beat this thing together." They both nodded at one another and Sonic started his signature spindash. He hit Cybernova dead on his breast plate but caused no damage whatsoever. Sonic landed back on the ground. His mouth was wide open in surprise.

"I can't even dent that thing!"

"Let me try."

Amy charged and aimed at the colossal robot. She omitted a very strong electrical charge but this did not faze Cybernova at all. He didn't even flinch and not even one scrath appeared.
Amy looked at Sonic and shrugged her shoulders also with a surprised look upon her face.

"I can't damage him either!"

"We'll help!" They turned around and saw their friends. Shadow, Knuckles, Rouge and Tails were all standing poised for battle.

"Let's do this!" Stated Knuckles. "Your going down, you over-rated hunk of junk!"

Shadow looked at Sonic and simply smirked. "C'mon Faker. Let's show this thing why it doesn't mess with us!"

Sonic smiled back at Shadow as he realised that his friends had brought along the chaos emeralds. "Let's get this done Shadow." They both nodded at each other as they called upon the chaos emeralds. The rest of the team watched as Sonic and Shadow floated above them and turned into their super alter ego's.

While Sonic and Shadow smashed into Cybernova over and over, the others also attacked. Knuckles was using his shovel claws, Rouge using a lot of high flying kicks and punches and Amy hitting the robot continuously with electrical balls of energy. Tails was looking for Cybernovas' circuit board and eventually located it on it's back just underneath it's head. He worked on cutting off Cybernovas' supply from the master emerald as it was embedded deep within its' structural skeleton. The robot was taking bad damage now, it seemed that working in a team was a lot better and more devastating.

Eggman then yelled something to Cybernova. "Go for one at a time. Aim for Sonic first!"

The others didn't hear as they were all too busy hitting the robot with all their might. No one noticed when Cybernova raised his metallic arm and hit Sonic full force just as he was about to strike Cybernova in the chest again. Sonic immediately fell to the ground and as he landed turned back into his former blue self only unconcious and very battered and bruised. He was barely alive. Cybernova had hit with astounding force.

All Amy could do was watch and shout his name as she watched him plummet to the ground. She ran straight over advising the others through tears to keep going. When she reached him she placed his head on her lap gently and stroked his quills.

"Sonic, please be okay. I can't lose you again. I just can't!" She whipered through sobs.

Sonic slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. He then spoke wincing and stuttering through pain. "Amy. No matter what happens...........i will always love you. Please try and beat Eggman.......... once and for all so that............. all this hasn't been for nothing."

"No Sonic. You can't leave me............ I can't live without you. Please don't die!" She sobbed.

"I'll always be with you........here." He pointed to her heart. He then closed his eyes and ceased to speak.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Amy sobbed and shouted in absolute grief. She looked over to where the battle was still taking place and her tears and grief quickly turned to rage and anger. She placed Sonic down gently and noticed the Chaos emeralds lying next to him.

I'm gonna stop you Eggman. Once and for all. If Sonic and Shadow can go super then so can i.

She concentrated hard and called forth the chaos emeralds. She floated in the air just like Sonic and Shadow. The emeralds circulated around her and she turned from pink to gold. Her eyes turned from emerald green to crimson red. Her quills were no longer atop her head and were now floating slightly. Not high above her head but just floating slightly at the tips. She flew over to the battle. Everyone caught a slight glimpse and then stared open mouthed, even Eggman was lost for words. She stayed silent but everyone could tell that a rage was building inside. She concentrated harder than she had ever done before and brought forth as much energy as she possibly could, building a huge electricity ball in the air. She shouted to her friends to move out of the way and they all obeyed, even Shadow. She then released her ball of power. Everyone watched amazed as it hit Cybernova dead-on creating a massive hole in the middle of his mechanical structure. Cybernova looked at the gaping hole in his robotic skeleton before exploding with a large BOOM!
Eggman looked at the enraged Amy and decided he had better get out of there fast. He took off in his egg carrier at top speed but was not fast enough for super Amy. She simply fired one last energy ball at the carrier causing it to explode and Eggman fell to the ground badly hurt. Amy having used the last of her super energy landed on the ground and changed to normal. She had managed to beat both of them just on time. Everyone was only just out of reach of the large explosion from Eggmans headquarters and watched as the whole metallic building exploded causing debris to land only a few feet away and the whole area to be covered in thick black smoke. Everyone cheered apart from Eggman (because he has just been defeated and his base is blown up), Amy (Because she is Grieving Sonic) and Vex (as he is in handcuffs and is currently being held by Commander Vesta who immediately left the secret base when she heard Vex had been defeated).
Amy was exhausted but motioned for Shadow to grab Eggman and bring him to her. Shadow grabbed him and dragged his sorry ass over to Amy and lay him on the ground in front of her before transforming back to his normal self also.

"Amy, i'm......." Eggman stuttered before being interupted by Amys' sharp, cutting tone of voice.

"EGGMAN, I hate you and always will. I loathe the very sight of you. You make me sick to my stomach."

Eggman was now on his knees begging for his pathetic life. "Please don't kill me, Amy!"

"I will not kill you. You are going to a high security prison. The best that Mobius can offer. If you escape or try any more of your idiotic stunts, I WILL KILL YOU! Make no mistakes and do not doubt me as i say this! I will kill you slowly and painfully!" Eggman nodded and looked down. He knew this was no bluff and that his reign of terror was over.
Amy beckoned to the government agents who had now arrived to take him away stating simply, "Please get this Scumball outta my sight!"

They all watched as Eggman was cuffed and led away. He would never bother them again.

Amy then turned her attention to where she had left Sonics' body earlier with tears forming in her eyes once more.

"Where is he? She grabbed one of the government agents walking past. "What the hell have you done with him?" The agent looked at her confused, which only enraged her more and she started shaking him in anger.

"Ames?! Put the poor guy down." Said a voice behind her. " I leave you for five minutes and you turn phycho."

She turned around and was met by two amazing green eyes which were part of a slightly limping hedgehog.

"Sonic?! But........ your..........dead!"

"Commander Vesta found me just on time. She healed me the best she could but i still got some healing to do." He smirked.

Amy ran up to him and half hugged, half tackled him making him land on the ground whilst she was still wrapped around his neck. She sobbed into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her laughing.

"Wow, deja vu! Haven't we done this before?" He smirked. Amy took out her Piko hammer and hit him on the head with an angry glint in her eye.

"Owww. What was that for?!"

"For making me think you were dead 'twice' and then joking about it!"
She moved away from him and sat back on the ground sobbing into her hands.

Sonic felt genuinely bad. If he had been in her position he would have been inconsolible. He limped up behind her, put his hands on her waist and turned her around. He then lifted her head gently and looked into her eyes.

"Ames," he said softly, " I'm sorry. That was a stupid thing to say. I know i would be mad if it was the other way around but i was so happy to see you and i just wanted to make you smile. I guess i went about it the wrong way." He looked at his shoes.

Amy crossed her arms and strictly said,"Your right. You did go about it the wrong way." Her look softened and her arms fell to her sides before she held his hands in her own and said, "But i forgive you.........because i love you!"

Sonic looked up from his shoes, gazed into her eyes and smirked. "I'm glad because i need to tell you how impressed i am. Ames, you kicked ass. I've never seen Eggman so scared in all my life. I think we may be able to live in peace finally."

" I hope so Sonic. I really do!"

"Oh. I wanted to give you this on your birthday but i couldn't. I know it's late but i hope you like it." He reached into his trouser pocket and brought out a small gift. It was wrapped in red paper with a pink bow. Amy removed the bow, ripped of the paper and found a heart shaped box inside. She opened the box and smiled a massive smile before wrapping her arms around Sonic and pulling his head down towards hers in a long, loving and lingering kiss which left his lips tingling and put him into slight daze with a goofy sort of smile.

"Thank you Sonic. It's perfect. It's so beautiful. It must have cost a fortune!" He snapped out of his temporary hypnotised state.

"Just an arm and a leg." He laughed. "Let me help you put it on." He took the heart shaped pendant out of it's box, walked behind Amy and placed it around her neck, securing the clip. He put his hands on her hips and turned her around. "It is perfect.........but then again everything looks perfect when it's on you."

He heard a gagging noise and then laughing. He turned around and realised the whole gang had been listening all along. The gagging noises had came from Knuckles who was then met with a swift slap upside the head from Rouge.

"Maybe you should pay attention and learn from it, Knucklehead!" She said giving Amy a wink and Sonic a thumbs up.

Everyone laughed except Knuckles who stomped off in a huff.

"I'm glad to see your alright Faker!" Said Shadow with a grin.

"Me too, hun, and i'm glad you finally realised what a special girl you got there!" Said Rouge.

"You bet, Rouge!" Said Sonic smirking and looking proud as he looked at his girlfriend. He whispered into Amys' ear, "I'm such a lucky guy to have a gorgeous girl like you!" Amy blushed and smiled.

"Sonic!" stated Tails before running up and giving his older brother a hug. "I'm so happy that your okay and you too Amy. Don't scare me like that again!"

Sonic and Amy looked at each other and smiled before replying in unison. " We Won't!"

They sat and talked about the battle, about what Amy had been upto in the time she was away and about what they were gonna do now that Eggman was finally out of the picture for good. They talked for hours and it was about 10 pm before they decided that they should head home. Tails piloted the X Tornado, Knuckles sat in the X Tornado behind Tails, Sonic was on one wing, Amy on the other while Shadow ran and Rouge flew. Shadow made his own way home. He lived quite close to Hill Top Zone in a quiet and secluded area, just how he liked it. Tails dropped off Knuckles first and Rouge joined him on Angel Island(Well they do live together). He then made his way to Amys' apartment.

Sonic and Amy were talking on the way home.

"Sonic?!"

"Yeah babes?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to stay over at my place tonight?!" She said blushing.

"Yeah, i'd love to." He said with a cheeky grin." I'll let Tails know."

He knocked on the cockpit window and informed Tails that he would be staying with Amy tonight. Tails nodded and winked indicating that it was fine by him. He reached Amys' apartment and dropped the two of them off. They said their goodbyes and made their way inside. Sonic stayed outside for a moment to reflect on how his life was gonna be from now on.

I'm so happy. This has turned out better than i could have ever imagined. I never thought life could be so fulfilling. Things are only gonna get better from now on.

He walked inside to join Amy. His one and only forever. The realisation of love had been amazing and had changed his life in so many ways. He could now open up. He knew what it was like to feel alive and he knew that admitting his feelings was the best thing that he ever did. He had realised that love was the true key to finding himself.

THE END

Well, i've finally reached the end of this story. Tell me what you thought. I would also like to know if you think i should do a short sequel on this or if i should just get on with the next fic. Let me know, i'd love to hear your opinions. Review please and no flames.

Love you all
Lori-Rose