Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Science Fair ❯ Conclusion ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Let's see what happens now…

Chapter 5: Conclusion

Robotnik: Ha! I knew you'd come around! I'll turn one of them back, and let you have him. The other one will belong to me!!

Scotty: Not on your life!

Robtnik: Either you take one, or you lose them both!

Sonic: We could never pick one over the other!

Robotnik: Then I guess you lose them both!

Knuckles: NNOOO!!!

Robotnik: AHHAHAAHAHAAA!!!

Metal-2: SHUT UP, FATSO!!

Robotnik: What?!

Metal-2: You heard me! I've got a deal for you!

Robotnik: Oh really?

Metal-2: How about you turn them both back, and give them to us!

Robotnik: And what do I get?

Metal-2: You get to keep your head!

Robotnik: Ah, I see my evil genius still lies within you!

Metal-2: Genius, maybe. But evil? No way.

Robotnik: How about I turn them back, give them to your friends, and keep you in return?

Sonic: Never! You won't get any of us!

Metal-2: Okay.

All: What?!

Metal-2: You get me, and they get them.

Robotnik: Ha ha ha…Excellent…Very well, it's agreed.

Scotty: Metal, you can't!

Metal-2: I must…You need them more than you need me.

Metal then walked up next to Scotty, and whispered something.

Metal-2: Relax, I've got a plan…Play along…

Scotty nodded, and the others seemed to know what to do as well. Metal-2 put the robots down, and stepped away from Scotty and the others.

Metal-2: Besides, I never liked working for you pathetic creatures, anyway!

Sonic: Well, we'll be glad to get rid of you, you trigger-happy tin can!

Robotnik: Oh, this is too good to be true! Metal-2, come with me. Robots! Return to the chamber for de-roboticization!

The robots climbed back into the tubes that were in the room, and Metal-2 flew up to the platform with Robotnik.

Metal-2: It will be a pleasure destroying them, now that I know of their goody-two-shoes ways!

Robotnik: Excellent…I always knew you'd eventually realize your true calling…

Robotnik pressed a few buttons on his console, and several moments later, Tails and Billy were unceremoniously dropped on the floor in front of Sonic and the others by two SWATbots. The scientists were back to normal, but they were unconscious.

Robotnik: There. I actually held up my end of the deal, for once. <to Metal-2> Now, it's time to reprogram you so that you never run away again!

Metal-2: I have a better idea.

The robot flew back down, and into another room.

Robotnik: What's this?! He's headed for the reactor core!! Oh no!!

Sonic: You know what that means…We'd better get outta here!

They picked up the scientists, and left the base, heading home. Meanwhile…

Metal-2: That fool! Now, to destroy this place and get out of here!

The robot fired continuously into the machinery of the core until an alarm went off, and a chain reaction started. Metal-2 then flew at top speed away from the base, and eventually caught up with Sonic and the others a safe distance away.

Robotnik: Not another base!! Oh well, I'll just have to build another one!

He jumped into his ship and flew away just as the reactor core exploded. The massive blast could be seen several miles away by Scotty and the others, including Billy and Tails, who had since woken up.

Knuckles: Check out the fireworks!

Tails: Wow!

Sonic: Hey, Metal, I'm sorry about calling you a trigger-happy tin can.

Metal-2: You need not apologize. Your comment was necessary. I am sorry for the things I called all of you.

Scotty: Don't worry about it. Like you said, it was necessary.

Shadow: So now what?

Sonic: Well, I guess now we go home.

Billy: Agreed. But first, can we stop by the fair and retrieve our projects?

Knuckles: I don't see why not.

Tails: Then let's go!

They all ran back to the fair, got their stuff, and went home. Several days later, the Mayor of New York hosted a science fair to make up for Robotnik's. Many people entered. Then, it was time to announce the winner. The Mayor stood on a stage in front of hundreds of people that were all sitting in chairs. The Scotty crew all sat together, awaiting the results.

Mayor: And now, it is my pleasure to announce the winner of the science fair…

Tails: Come on…Please be me…

Billy: It would be nice to be the victor…

The Mayor opened an envelope, and a drum rolled as he announced the winner.

Mayor: And now…The winner of the New York City science fair, for his project, hover shoes, is…

Tails: What?!

Billy: Did I mishear him?

Mayor: …Shadow the Hedgehog!!!

Tails: Impossible!!!

Billy: He didn't enter….Did he?

Shadow walked up onto the stage, and shook hands with the Mayor as he accepted a medal.

Mayor: Mr. Hedgehog, would you like to say a few words?

Shadow: Not really, but okay.

He walked up to the podium.

Shadow: Science and me have a special bond. So when I heard about this fair, I figured, Hey, why not?

Everyone stood up and cheered at Shadow's short speech. Everyone except Billy and Tails, who were still shocked to find out that Shadow had even entered. They stared at each other in disbelief until they both broke out laughing.

Later that evening, at the airport…

Shadow: Well, It's been nice visiting you guys.

Sonic: Did I just here a friendly comment from Shadow?

Shadow: Don't get used to it.

Elle: We had a lot of fun. But, we can't leave Vegas forever.

Forest: I'll miss you guys!

Simon: Goodbye, Forest! Goodbye Shadow and Elle!

Knuckles: We'll see you guys later.

Scotty: Come and visit us again, if you get the chance.

Shadow: You can count on that.

Metal-2: It was a pleasure to work with you, Shadow. It looks like I saved the world.

Shadow: You helped. But, it was interesting to fight alongside a robot.

Shadow shook hands with everyone.

Elle: We'll have to go now, or we'll miss our flight.

Shadow: All right. Goodbye, everyone.

All: Goodbye, guys!

They waved to each other as Shadow and his family boarded the plane. Sonic and the others watched through the windows as the plane took off, flying into the sunset.

The End

Shadow won. I'm still shocked.

Anyway, I'd first like to thank Scotty CF for letting me use his characters, and for letting me put Metal-2 in. I hope everyone liked the story, and I ask that you please review it. After that, be sure to go and read Scotty CF's stuff. Sayonara 4 now, readers.