Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ The strike of the Shadows. Part 1. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The strike of the Shadows. Part 1.
 
“Hey, kid, wake up. What's wrong? Somebody call an ambulance!” Someone yelled in the park. People were crowding around poor Cream, lying lifeless in the man's arms as he tried to wake her, but to no avail as she didn't even move. People running around, trying to find things to better increase her comfort and wellbeing, whilst others were on the phone to the hospital. “Come on, kid.” The man said again, tapping Cream on the cheek, nothing.
“What's wrong with her?” A woman asked.
“I don't know, I just found her lying here like this.”
 
Amy had just walked in through the park gate and sighed, wiping tears from her eyes. She looked over to the crowd and pondered.
“Huh? Must be a duel or something.” She said, she walked over.
“I hope she's okay, the poor dear.” Said someone from the crowd. Amy changed her mind. Maybe it's not a duel, either that or it's someone getting whooped...but I don't see any duel effects. Being significantly smaller than most of the group, she couldn't see anything.
“S'cuse me, coming through.” Amy said as she carefully barged in, when she got though her eyes widened dramatically as it all became clear, but it wasn't the circumstance that made her eyes widen, but the fact it was Cream. “Cream!” She cried as she ran over and fell to her knee's next to Cream. “Cream, are you alright?” She asked, touching her head.
“You know her?” The man asked, as he let Amy take Cream from him.
“She's my best friend, I know her very well, what happened?!” Amy cried.
“We don't know, we just found her like this. She doesn't reply to anything.”
“Cream, wake up...Cream!” Amy shook Cream a little, but it was useless. It wasn't long before the sirens could be heard and the ambulance pulled up outside of the park, Paramedics hastily coming to the scene.
“Excuse us, coming through.” The said as people let them in. Of course, the first thing they did was give Cream a checkup and `cleared some space', by spreading the crowd out a little bit.
 
5 minutes into the examination and the paramedics were astounded.
“That's odd, she's perfectly healthy, what could have caused this?” One asked.
“You got me, perhaps she is over tired or stressed.” The other said.
“Perhaps, well, bring the stretcher over, we'll take her to the hospital for a better analysis.”
 
Amy was on the phone.
“Pick up, Vanilla, pick up...” she said, as the phone rang. No answer. Amy dialled again and looked over her shoulder to see that Cream was being taken to the ambulance, she hung up and ran over.
“I'm Cream's friend, can I come with her?” She asked. She was happily welcomed aboard the ambulance. Where she continued to dial Vanilla's house number. 5 tries in and Vanilla still hadn't answered. “Where is she?” Amy muttered to herself. She decided to do another thing and phoned Club Rouge. Rouge answered the phone.
“Hello, Club Rouge, Rouge speaking.” Rouge said as she answered.
“Rouge, it's me Amy. Look, I don't know if you're busy or anything, but you gotta come to the hospital right away.” Amy pleaded over the phone.
“Woah, woah, slow down Amy. What's wrong?” Rouge asked, surprised by the sudden outburst.
“It's Cream, something's wrong with Cream. We're going to the hospital right now.” Amy explained in panic.
“What? What's happened?” Rouge was now concerned as well.
“I don't know, she's just been found unconscious in the park and I can't get a hold of Vanilla.” Amy was being brought to tears slowly, her voice almost squeeking.
“Look, calm down girl.” Rouge said. “I'll come right now, my clubs not open today anyway, just look after Cream until then, okay?” Rouge said.
“Okay.” Amy then hung up and Rouge put the phone down.
“Jesus...what's happened now?” She asked.
 
She walked out of her office and looked around her club. She walked over to the counter and took her deck out, placing it on the counter and flicking through. She heard something move in the room and looked around, there was a cloaked figure stood dead in the centre.
“How did you get in?” Rouge asked. The figure didn't say anything, just activated a Dragon patterned duel disk.
“No talking, just duel.”
“You have some nerve, breaking into my club; I should teach you a lesson.” Rouge took her duel disk from under the counter and equipped it, walking around the counter, she took her deck and slotted it. The cloaked person took off her hood. She was a pure red Hyena with one of her eyes scratched out. She threw a coin on the floor and a dark looking ritual accrued.
“Hey! What do you think you're doing?” Rouge asked, concerned.
“Sealing your fate, now duel!” the two drew 5 cards. “This is your last duel you'll ever have, so make your first move.” The Hyena said.
“Who are you anyway?” Rouge asked, drawing a 6th card.
“I like to be called the Dragon Queen! My name is Hilde and one day I will command all the Dragons in all the world!” Hilde replied.
“That's stupid. I use Mountain.” Rouge said, everything around the two turned into two large mountains.
“I see you tapped this place into a duel grid.” Hilde said.
“Tails helped me prepare it for an event I plan to make, but enough about that, I set 3 cards face down and Harpies Pet Baby Dragon in attack.” (1200/600) “And thanks to mountain, she gets a boost.” (1400/800) “My turn is over.”
“Such a pathetic move.” Hilde said, drawing her card. “I summon Mirage Dragon (1600/600) and since I also have this dragon, it's increased as well. (1800/800) Attack her Pet Dragon!” The Mirage Dragon attack Harpies Pet Dragon.
“I activate...” Rouge began, but was cut off.
“Ah, ah, ah...You can't use a trap in battle phase when Mirage Dragon is on the field.” Hilde interrupted.
“Damn.” And her dragon died. <7600> “Ouch, that really stung...” She said.
“You're weak if that hurt.” Hilde insulted. “My turn is over.”
Rouge Drew her card. “I replace Mountain with Harpies Hunting Ground, this makes you lose your bonus, but I don't.” Rouge said. “I summon Harpie Queen.” (1900/1200 - 2100/1400 Field Bonus) “Attack the Dragon!” Rouge ordered.
“Ack, not bad.” Hilde said as her monster was destroyed. <7500>
“I end my turn.” Rouge said.
Hilde drew her card. “I set one monster and end my turn.” She said.
Rouge drew. “So, you must be a Shadow Flunky.” Rouge said.
“Bout time you said that.” Hilde replied.
“I summon another Harpies Pet Baby Dragon. (1200/600) and attack your face down with her.” The dragon appeared and threw a bomb on the Pet dragon, destroying them both. “What?!”
“That was my exploder dragon, when destroyed, your monster goes with it.” Hilde said.
“Attack directly, Harpie Queen.” Rouge ordered. The Harpie Queen flew in and struck Hilde down. <5400> “Now I end my turn.”
Hilde drew her card. “One monster face down and end.” Hilde said.
Rouge Drew. “For a shadow clan person, you're really not that good.” She mocked.
“Shut up.” Hilde spat.
“Pfft, whatever... I summon Harpie's Brother. (1800/600 - 2000/800 Field Boost) And use him to attack your face down.” Another dragon destroyed. “And attack again Harpie Queen.” Hilde was knocked away again.
“Damn it!” She cursed. <3300> Fuck, I gotta turn this around! Hilde mentally cursed as she leaped up.
“Looks to me like this duel's over.” Rouge said. “I end my turn.”
“Fuck, fuck, fuck!” Hilde cursed as she drew. “Another monster face down and end.”
“You really suck, you know that?” Rouge said. “Well, time to end this.” Rouge drew her card. “I'll use Elegant Egotist and special summon Harpie Lady sisters from my deck! And when they are special summoned, my Harpie's Brother can destroy any spell or trap on the field, but since you don't have one, I guess mine have to go.” Rouge discarded the far right card. “And now, my Harpies brother will attack your monster.” The dragon was destroyed.
“For fucks sake...” Hilde cursed.
“Well, this duel is over, you suck, you know that? When I destroy you, get the hell out of my club! You got that?!” Rouge yelled. “My Harpies attack!” And with the last two blows, Hilde was defeated. The ritual marks began to swirl around.
“No..No! This isn't happening!” And Hilde tried to flee, but as she did, she slumped to the ground, motionless as her coin bounced off the floor and span around, silence followed as Rouge tried to figure out what just happened.
“Damn Shadow Clan...trying to break into my club, of all places.” Rouge walked over to Hilde and picked her up by the collar. “Hey! Wake up and get out of...” Then Rouge stopped, when she saw Hilde's eye. It was empty, like she was a puppet. “What in the world?” Rouge took Hilde by the collar and dragged her body outside. As she did, she locked up and placed Hilde to the bins and stood back. “There you go, where you belong. With the trash.”
 
“Meh, Hilde was never any good at duelling, anyway. She always got cocky.” Said a voice as Rouge looked to her Right.
“Oh, not another flunky, you want some too?” She asked, nastily.
“Not really, I just came to pick up the trash, but now that you mention it, I better clean up the mess she made as well.” The Shadow Duellist took out his duel disk and activated it.
“I'm not in the mood for this, but since I took out one flunky, I might as well finish you off whilst I'm at it.” Rouge said.
“Such confidence, let's see how you fare, shall we?” The duel began as the slotted their decks and the Shadow Duellist activated his ritual coin.
“What is that? You're stupid friend did it too.” Rouge said.
“That'd explain her motionless self. I'll go first.” The two drew their cards, Rouge 5 and SD 6. “My name is Jewel, and like you, I am a bat and a winged beast user.” Jewel revealed himself.
“Harpies, get it right.” Rouge said insulted.
“Whatever.” Jewel said. “3 cards down and Tornado Bird to start things off.” Jewel summoned his bird, which landed on his shoulder. (1100/1000) “And I end my turn.”
Rouge Drew. “I'll start with Heavy Storm, and set one monster and one face down and end.” Jewels spells and traps were destroyed.
“Not bad...” He said as he drew. “I summon another Tornado Bird and use it to attack the face down.”
“I activate Icarus Attack and tribute my face down Harpie girl to destroy your monsters!” Rouge said as the field cleared for all but one face down card on Jewels side.
“Not bad at all.” Jewel said again. “I'll end.”
Rouge drew. “One card face down and end.”
Jewel Drew. “Two face downs and end.” He said.
Rouge drew. “Another face down and end.”
Jewel drew. “This'll get tiresome.” He said. “I special summon my Garuda the Wind Spirit by removing Tornado Bird from my graveyard.” The Wind Spirit appeared in a gust of wind. (1600/1200) “And attack her.” Garuda flew in and struck Rouge down.
“Ouch, that hurt!” She moaned. <6400>
“It'll get worse, I end my turn.” Jewel said.
“I activate Disappear, so show me your grave.” Jewel handed his Graveyard over. “Hm, I think I'll remove your Ultimate Offering from play.” Rouge said. Jewel's trap was removed, then Rouge drew. Not good... She said. “I pass with one set card.”
Jewel drew. “I don't know how you beat Hilde with the play so far, I set one card and attack again.” Rouge was again brought to her knees by the attack. <4800>
“Damn it...where are my harpies at...” She asked herself.
“I end my turn.”
Rouge Drew. “I use card destruction.” Rouge threw her hand and pulled 3 cards. Not any better, what's going on...? “Two face downs and end.”
Jewel yawned. “How dull.” He said drawing his card. “I set on last card and attack again.” Again Rouge was struck.
“Damn!” She cursed. <3200>
“and end.”
Rouge drew. “One face down and end.”
“This is boring me now.” Jewel complained. “I summon Hunter Owl to the field.” (1000/900) “And his effect says that he goes up 500 attack for each wind monster on my field. (2000 ATK) “This duel is over and was pathetic I might add. Hunter Owl, attack!”
“I use Sakuretsu Armor! Bye Bye, Hunter!” Rouge said, triggering her trap.
“Hm, interesting. You delay your doom.” Jewel yawned. “Attack Garuda!” Rouge was taken down again. <1600> “One more of his attacks and you lose your soul.”
“Lose my soul? So, that's what happened to Cream, she must have lost her soul to one of you flunkies!” Rouge was pissed now.
“Take your last turn.” Jewel said.
“Fine.” Rouge picked up her card. “Damn it...guess I lose.” Rouge said. “I end my turn.”
Oh well, goodbye.” Jewel said as he drew, then attacked Rouge, ending the duel.” <0> Rouge felt a little dizzy and then fell backwards as the ritual span around and her soul was encapsulated in the coin. A specific red Echidna had turned up just as it happened.
“What?! Rouge!” He called out. Jewel jolted his head toward Knuckles, then he leaped over Rouge and took Hilde over his shoulder and warped away in a gust of wind. Knuckles ran over to the motionless Rouge. “Rouge! Are you alright?! Rouge!” He shook her. “Damn it.” He lifted Rouge into his arms and ran toward the Station.