Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Power Trip ❯ Of White and Purple ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Of White and Purple
 
 
Sonic tossed and turned as he snapped his eye lids open for what felt like the hundredth time this morning. It is seven in the morning and he hadn't been able to get any sleep at all with his consistent thoughts of his now missing pink hedgehog nagging him. After he attempted a few more times to fall back to sleep, Sonic sighed with frustration. It wasn't happening was it? He growled with annoyance and shoved the bed sheets to the side roughly as he then headed to the bathroom, deciding that a nice warm shower would clear his mind a bit.
 
As the warm water hit him from the shower sprinkler, he sighed with a bit of content. Unfortunately, it didn't last long before his thoughts soon drifted towards Amy again. Curse it all! He just could not believe that he had let that happen to her. Ever since he and Amy had become a couple, he became more protective towards her because he knew that his number one nemesis would use this knowledge to his advantage one of these days. Sonic wasn't stupid. He didn't suspect who did it! He knew that Eggman and Shadow were behind this kidnapping! He only prayed to god that they don't harm her in anyway.
 
After the blue hedgehog got out of the shower, he proceeded to dry himself off with his blue towel and then headed out back to his room to get dressed. He only put on a blue pair of loose pants that he usually wore when he wasn't planning to go out anytime soon. He headed down the stairs deciding that he needed to do something to get his mind off his problems for the current time being.
 
As he reached the last steps of stairs, he did a double take as he saw that Tails was sitting on one of the chairs near the kitchen table, all in his lonesome.
 
"Hey..." Sonic began as he approached the two tailed fox, but got no response, "Tails?"
 
The mentioning of his name got the fox's attention, "Y-yeah, what is it?"
 
"What are you doing up so early in the morning?" Sonic inquired.
 
"Hmm, I could ask you the same thing..." come the fox's response.
 
"Heh, that's easy to answer. Since Amy has gone missing, I couldn't get any sleep because my brain just wouldn't stop reminding me about her..." Sonic said, finishing with a small sigh. "So why are you up?"
 
Tails' left ear drooped down a bit as he dragged his right hand across his furry hair, "I just feel bad because I didn't do anything other than just get tossed aside uselessly and let Shadow kidnap Amy..."
 
"Did you see him?"
 
"No, but come on Sonic! Who else could use Chaos Control other than you and him?" Tails asked while raising a furry brow.
 
"So a Chaos Emerald was also involved in this...." Sonic stated as he pulled out a chair to sit on.
 
Tails nodded as he continued to speak, "Right, before I passed out, I saw a bright flash as Amy called you for help..."
 
"Damn that Eggman and Shadow..." Sonic snared with disgust at the current situation.
 
"Now do you still believe that Shadow has any good in him?" questioned the fox with a glare.
 
Sonic shrugged sadly, not knowing anymore what to believe about the black and red hedgehog. He knew that it had been far too long to actually still believe that Eggman had somehow forced Shadow to join forces with him. The thing that held him back from giving up on Shadow is that he believed that he sometimes saw the black hedgehog's eyes filled with regret, almost as if he knew he has been doing wrong.
 
Tails just sighed as he decided to change the subject to something that might help lighten up the mood, "Hey Sonic..."
 
Sonic just nodded once to signal the fox to continue on as he stared at the glossy kitchen floor with interest.
 
"I was planning to show you a new invention yesterday night that I had finished a few days ago, but with what happened yesterday, I guess it had slipped my mind..."
 
"Really?" The blue hedgehog lifted his head with wide eyes.
 
"Yeah..." Tails responded with a small smile, "Let's go to my lab so I could show you!" the fox finished as he stood off his chair and began walking towards his lab.
 
Sonic smiled brightly for the first time today as he followed his buddy to said lab.
 
'Now this is the Tails I've be missing..."
 
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
As Tails opened the door to his lab, he hurriedly ran to where his invention was kept at, with Sonic following closely behind. He was beginning to feel the exciting rush he felt when he was about to reveal a new invention of his. As he reached his destination, he saw his invention neatly covered with a small yellowish orange blanket, to prevent dust from collecting on it.
 
"Here it is!" Tails shouted with excitement, as he pulled the covers out of the way to reveal..
 
A normal blue Chaos Emerald?
 
The excitement that the blue hedgehog had had quickly faded at what he just saw. Tails in the other hand, still looked enthusiastic.
 
"Uhh Tails? If that's just a fake Chaos Emerald, then I'm not impressed..." Sonic stated with disappointment.
 
Tails just slapped his own forehead at Sonic quick judgment, "No Sonic, it's not just another fake Chaos Emerald! It's a created Chaos Emerald that can channel the users power to the seven Chaos Emeralds scattered all around the world!"
 
"Huh? Then that means that..." Sonic started with widen eyes.
 
"Yup you guessed right! You could use the seven emeralds power from anywhere!"
 
"You're kidding me!" Sonic hollered as his excitement resurfaced.
 
"Nope! I'm a genus remember!"
 
"Heh, from the way you have been acting lately, I found it hard to believe you still were.."
 
Tails laughed nervously with sweat evident on his brows, "Err, Lets go outside so you could try it out!"
 
"Sure thing old buddy!" Sonic responded with a wide smile and a thumbs up.
 
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
Tails was now a few feet away from Sonic as he watched the blue hedgehog prepared himself to use the blue created emerald that was clutched in his hand to transform into his super form.
 
"So... how do I activate this thing?" Sonic questioned while scratching his head with confusion.
 
Tails sighed, "Just do what you normally do when you want to transform!"
 
"Oh! Right!"
 
Sonic took a deep breath as he concentrated as he usually did when he wanted to use the emeralds power to transform into Super Sonic. After a few seconds passed, the blue emerald began to glow brightly. The blue hedgehog then followed the emerald's lead which caused Tails' eyes to widen with anticipation.
 
After a few more seconds of the emerald and hedgehog glowing, the shinning finally extinguished to reveal...
 
Sonic...in his normal state. The only thing that changed was that the blue emerald which was previously clutched in his right hand had vanished!
 
As Sonic opened his eyes, he looked at himself and sighed with dissatisfaction. He was as blue as he always was. "Hey... What's going on?"
 
"Sonic! The emerald is gone!"
 
"I know that!" Sonic growled out, disliking the fact that Tails had pointed out the obvious.
 
"Do you feel any different?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Maybe you just absorbed it and now it has become a part of you!" Tails guessed, trying to sound smart.
 
Sonic sighed with his appointment, "No, that can't be it because I don't feel any different at all! When I absorb a Chaos Emerald's power, I feel a huge surge of energy the whole time I am using the emerald's power. Right now, I feel like I do when I just wake up in the morning to go on with my day..."
 
"Damn, there's no way I miss calculated..." Tails muttered with confusion.
 
Sonic sighed as he began walking towards his mansion, "I don't know Tails, maybe you're not as smart as you used to be..."
 
"Shut up.." Tails snared at Sonic's insult as he followed the hedgehog inside.
 
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
Elsewhere, a female purple hedgehog was wondering around aimlessly in City Hall. Her hair, which was purple at the top and brownish blond on the bottom, hung loosely down from her head and passed her bright violet eyes and proceeded to land firmly on her collarbones. She wore a purple shirt that matched her feminine frame, with a pair of dark purple bell bottom jeans. Her sneakers were purple and white to match her clothing to her liking.
 
To be straightforward, she is completely lost at the moment. Since she lived in Station Square pretty much all her life, she is completely unfamiliar with this city.
 
The purple hedgehog was currently looking for the blue hedgehog who is known as the world's savior, Sonic the Hedgehog. Though probably everybody would find it hard to believe, she is related to Sonic. Heck she herself didn't believe that she could be related to someone as famous as Sonic because she only learned this a few weeks ago! It was truly bizarre. Her mother, who was currently living with her close by Station Square, told her the shocking news. The purple hedgehog didn't believe her mother's words because she never ever mention once, in her eighteen years of life, that she had a brother that she never got to meet in person. The purple hedgehog had become furious when her mother had spat out that the reason she never told her about Sonic was because she never liked his father and didn't want her own daughter anyway near that imbecile's son. All together, her mother was pretty much saying that Sonic was her half-blooded brother! The purple hedgehog never had a good relationship with her mother because they could never get along and always seemed to be fighting for the stupidest reasons. For instance, her mother always wanted her to go to an all girl high school because she felt that males are all idiots and that she should be around her kind only. Just because her mother had bad experiences with guys all through her life, didn't mean that she herself was going to have the same issues that her mother had. Sure she has had her fair share of personal experiences with stupid boyfriends, but she never ended up staying with them long enough to ruin her life, like her mother had let happen. So she was finally glad that she could get ready to leave her mother's house hold and get on with her life.
 
As she continued to aimlessly walk around, she finally decided to ask several people around the city if they knew where Sonic was currently living at. However, they always ignored her, continuing on to where ever their destination was.
 
"Hmm, maybe Sonic put his information private so no one would bother him..." The female hedgehog stated to no one in particular.
 
The hedgehog decided to give up at this point and just look through the yellow pages, which is what she had originally thought of doing. Back then, she had believed that someone as famous as Sonic the Hedgehog would be easy to locate. Boy was she wrong.
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
"Tails...?"
 
The orange-yellow fox nodded his head so that his blue friend knew he was listen. Our blue hero sighed with frustration at the current predicament he was in. After the failed attempt to transform into Super Sonic with the falsely made blue emerald, the fox had insisted that he wanted to check his friend's chaos energy level at his lab to make sure that there was no changes in his body. After all, he believed he had made a miscalculation so therefore he felt that it was his responsibility to make sure that Sonic is in perfect condition. Even though the blue blur did appreciate the concern his buddy had for him, he was NOT fragile when it came to exposure to chaos energy, even if so called chaos energy was artificially created. He had proven that at the Ark years back.
 
"Tails' I think that's enough!" Sonic snapped in annoyance as he proceeded to shove the young fox's weird looking scanning device, which said fox held firmly in his grasp.
 
"But Sonic-"
 
"It has been over half an hour since you started this and you have found nothing wrong with me!" the aggravated hedgehog spurred out, cutting off the fox.
 
Tails sighed with defeat. He knew his speedy friend hated being in one spot to long unless it was with a certain pink hedgehog. Sonic heaved a sigh of relief as he saw his friend finally give in and put the wrenched device on his working desk.
 
"Don't come running to me when you are having a heart attack or something..." Tails muttered as he proceed to clean up his messy work desk.
 
"Heh don't you worry buddy! I'm one tough hedgehog!" Sonic announced proudly with a fist to his chest.
 
Tails rolled his eyes which shortly was followed by a genuine smile.
 
Beep...Beep!
 
The hedgehog and fox's furry ears twitched at the sound coming from a small black radio off the nearby counter.
 
The two-tailed fox groaned with irritation. "How I hate trouble this early in the morning!"
 
However, our blue hero's reaction was the complete opposite of the fox. "Heh, I've been longing for something to release my stress on!" Sonic smirked with eagerness in his voice.
 
Ever since Amy had been kidnapped, all Sonic had wanted to do was rip something apart. Now he had the opportunity to do so. He quickly picked up the radio to respond to the call for help.
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
"The pain...ugh…is getting worse..." A white hedgehog groaned in agony at the intense throbbing pain streaming through his cranium.
 
Not much could be seen as the white hedgehog was currently hunched in a alley way that blocked most of all the morning sunlight. His heavy lidded golden eyes could be seen through the darkness along with his right black gloved hand, which clutched his ever aching head. His left trembling hand held a silver gem which gleamed brightly from the seeping sunlight.
 
"One of these gems should had been enough..." the pale hedgehog muttered as the pressure in his head increased slightly more, causing him to grunt and wince in pain.
 
"But it appears that one isn't enough anymore...."
 
A female screech of what seemed like frustration suddenly boomed through his ears, making him wince and groan again.
 
"Ugh…I think I'm going to pass out..." the white hedgehog heaved out as his vision slowly began to blur in and out.
 
He barely heard the sound of police sirens going off nearby before blacking out.
 
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
"Eeeek! Where in the world do they have those darn yellow pages! " A stressed purple hedgehog all but shrieked.
 
She had looked all over the place for a stupid yellow pages book but none of the stores in this local area carried any. She even stupidly went as far as to ask one of the stores' clerk to tell her where Sonic currently resided at. But of course, the clerk refused to spill any information. He just simply stated that that was confidential information and that he had no say in it. She felt like she would have just strangled the clerk then and there but thought better of it. What good would it do if she landed in the slammer anyways?
 
She was suddenly startled as she heard the sounds of metal clashing against concrete nearby. The female hedgehog hurriedly turned to the source of the noise and figured out that it must have came from the creepy looking alleyway that was just a mere feet or two from her current position. 'Oh please please please don't let it be some crazy loon stalker that had somehow followed me from Station Square!' the now frighten hedgehog thought dramatically.
 
She was about to make a break for it but stopped to a standstill as she heard a groan come from the very alleyway that she was tempting to get away from.
 
'Wait a minute…what if it's someone that's in trouble and needs help?' the purple hedgehog thought as her fear suddenly turned to concern.
 
As the female hedgehog decided to toughen up and make her way ever so slowly towards the creepy alleyway, she began to hear in the distance police sirens. 'They aren't coming here are they?' she questioned herself as if someone in her mind would answer her back.
 
As she got closer, she gasped as she noticed the white pale hedgehog's unconscious form on the concrete tiled floor. When she was finally in front of said hedgehog, she took in his features. He had bright white quills that where sprawled out flat since he was laying with his back against the concrete. She took notice that they were a little dull looking. She guessed that it had something to do with the fact that he is cover with bits of debris. He's facial expression showed that he was in a deep amount of pain as beads of sweat trailed down his bangs, which consisted of a mixture of white and dirty blond hair. He was shirtless but did possess a deep yellowish gold scarf that was wrapped neatly around his neck. He had black gloves that were perfectly fitted on his hands. She took in account that he had a shinning bright gem clutched in his left hand. His black pair of slightly loose jeans were a bit tattered up as if he had been wearing them for a few days or more. To finish it up, his shoes where just a plan pair of white sneakers that were almost completely covered with dirt. 'Maybe he has been running away from someone recently?'
 
She proceeded to crouch on the concrete to see if she could shake him awake but paused as she noticed that both his fluffy white triangular ears twitched as if it had a life of its own.
 
The purple hedgehog's eyes gleamed with awe at the ear's constant twitching.
 
"Oh. My. God! So freaking cuuuute!" She gushed quietly… if that was even possible for her. She began to reach out to touch them as if she was caught in a deep trance.
 
The next events happened so fast that she still had a hard time believing that they even occurred.
 
The police sirens come full force and out rushed the police officers with their guns loaded and ready to fire.
 
The white hedgehog's eyes snapped open, revealing his bright golden eyes to the stunned face of the female hedgehog.
 
As gun fire was let loose by the officers, white meets purple in a hazy blur that is followed by a glistering green light that blinds all bystanders and vanishes within seconds.
 
 
 
To Be Continued