Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Love never dies ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tails had survived being stabbed by Gigex's sword because he had been a Giaki, but he was now a Giaki no more.
 
“Tails! Tails old buddy talk to me!”
 
“Tails look at me! Look at me!” begged Cosmo.
 
Tails' wasn't breathing.
 
“No, it can't end this way… Please… Please don't leave me…”
 
Cosmo fell on top of Tails and started to cry.
 
“I love you.”
 
Sonic couldn't hold back the tears. He started to cry, fell into Amy's arms, and cursed Gigex and his evil. At first no one noticed that the Chaos Emeralds started to glow, then suddenly they flew over to where Tails was. Tails' body was lifted off the ground and the emeralds started circling around it and got brighter and brighter until there was a blinding flash of light.
 
“What's happening?” asked Cream.
 
“Chow?”
 
“I have no idea.” said Knuckles.
 
When the flash subsided Tails floated gently back to the ground, and the chaos emeralds were scattered to the winds. The wound on Tails' chest was gone, he was breathing again, and then he opened his eyes.
 
“Cosmo… Is it really you?”
 
Cosmo wiped the tears from her eyes and said, “It's okay Tails… I'm here.”
 
For a moment nothing happened, then without warning Tails shot up and kissed her.
 
“Whoa… Way to go lover boy!” said Vector.
 
After about a moment they broke off.
 
“Slow down there Tails. I'm glad to see you too, okay.”
 
“Sorry, I couldn't help myself… I've missed you so much… I thought I'd never see you again.”
 
Cosmo smiled and said, “Don't worry Tails. I'll never leave you.”
 
They embraced, then Tails noticed they weren't alone.
 
“Sonic? Are you crying?”
 
Sonic wiped the tears from his eyes and said, “You really had me worried Tails. I thought you were long gone.”
 
“Sonic, I'm so sorry… Back at the palace I said terrible things… Horrible things that I would never say… I didn't mean any of it… I couldn't help myself.”
 
“It's okay. That was the vampirism talking. The important thing is that Gigex has been defeated, you and all the others are safe, and we all made it out with our… Yawn… What time is it?”
 
“It's about 3:30 am.” said Chris.
 
Sonic laughed and said, “Funny… We just saved the whole dang universe and I'm… Yawn… too tired to celebrate.”
 
“We can celebrate later.” said Knuckles “Right now I think we've all earned a little rest.”
 
“You think?” said Rouge “We just spent the whole night fighting life sucking vampires!”
 
“Well if you hadn't set Gigex free in the first place none of this would have happened.”
 
“That's it!”
 
“Oh no! Stop it that tickles!”
 
As Rouge and Knuckles started fighting everyone else started to head home.
 
(Later that evening)
 
“Tails, is everything ready?”
 
“We're good to go.”
 
“Okay then it's show time.”
 
Sonic lit the fuse and the firework display they had set up began to go off. Sonic and friends decided it would be good to get some R&R in before they would have to go search for the chaos emeralds again. The good news was they had some time to kill while Eggman was busy finding a new place for a secret base.
 
“So Chris, how did your family react when they heard you went head to toe with a life sucking vampire?” asked Sonic.
 
“Well, my mother nearly had a conniption fit, but Dad, Grandpa, and Helen thought it was pretty cool.”
 
“Helen? The girl in the wheel chair?”
 
“Yes, why?”
 
“Do you two have something going on?” asked Amy.
 
Chris blushed and said, “That officially falls under the category of none of your business.”
 
The fireworks display lit up the night sky.
 
“Isn't it romantic Sonic?” said Amy.
 
“I hear a sunset at the beach is pretty romantic too.”
 
“Why would you be thinking about the beach? I thought you didn't like water because you can't swim.”
 
“Yeah well… I've been thinking. That little Achilles heel of mine has gotten in the way a few times too many. So…”
 
“So?”
 
“I was wondering if you might be able to give me a few lessons some time.”
 
“Oh Sonic you know I will!” said Amy giving him a big hug.
 
Surprisingly Sonic wasn't annoyed by it. In fact it felt kind of good. He had been thinking about what Tails had told him while he was a Giaki, “You don't know what you've got till it's gone.”
Last night Sonic was at a camping trip with his friends. A few hours later it looked for a few bad moments that he might never see his best friend ever again.
 
“Maybe it's time I slowed down and took time to appreciate the people in my life while I can.” Sonic thought.