Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ And The Kid Who Just Stands Tonight ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Carrot and Chocolate finally trudged down to the rather empty restaurant, and joined their three companions at the beautiful heavy oak wood table. No conversation arose, however, so the five obtained their respective breakfasts in a thoughtful silence. It seemed so very quiet and peaceful as they ate there, and it seemed a small bit of wonderful, as if nothing would happen in the least. Just as Carrot was about to sink his teeth into a nice piece of buttered toast, the entire group was sucked away into a temporary void, as lavender wisps of smoke billowed around the table that they had so suddenly left.

"Ahh!" Screamed a flustered Carrot when they landed a mere fraction of a second later. The cushioned red carpet of the floor made a soft landing, but Carrot was angry just the same. "Aw, come on, Big Mama-I was just about to get some FOOD!" He whined, hoping for sympathy, as a voluptuous seraph greeted them.

"Hi, you guys! And I'm sorry we had to interrupt your breakfast, Carrot," The plum-haired girl grinned, as the other Hunters sighed in exasperation. Big Mama, their protective and basically maternal boss, gave a soft lenient smile as she waited patiently in the background.

"Well, you can pay me back then, Dota," Carrot drooled, advancing towards the pretty winged girl, who merely giggled. Chocolate fumed, and grabbed Carrot's arm in haste, pulling him backwards.

"We're here to get a mission to fight, not a mission to flirt, baka," She growled in his ear, as he quickly stifled a yelp. "Besides, you're supposed to be all mine," and she proceeded to cuddle him, wrapping her arms around his tanned neck. Carrot tried to wrench away, but Chocolate, as usual, was too determined.

Tira stood the furthest away, watching the familiar ordeal, as did Marron and Gateau. Yet it did not affect her in even a miniscule way. She hadn't even angrily called out when Carrot had tried to grope the nubile Dota, nor had she pulled her sister off of Carrot solemnly and sternly like she always did. Her feelings said nothing to her about Carrot. At least, not anymore. What was happening to her?

"Good morning, my Sorcerer Hunters," Big Mama interjected warmly, interrupting both Tira's thoughts and Chocolate's strong but unsuccessful advances toward the struggling Carrot. "As you probably know by now, I have a mission for you." The group looked up at her, seeing the greeting drain from her face and a sense of seriousness that rose to replace it.

"We already heard about Lady Creme's actions," Marron moved a bit forward. "I assume we shall have to pursue this adversary."

"Why, yes, Marron," nodded Big Mama, "that is correct. Lady Creme has been violating people's rights to live in Ayumi by taking their lives due to some unfulfilled grudge, and I want you to put an end to her."

"So this chick is the one who has killed all the people in Ayumi?" Carrot asked, finally breaking out of Chocolate's grasp. He didn't get far though, and Chocolate simply snuggled him closer to her again.

"So far, she has only killed those who own a business in Ayumi, Carrot," Big Mama murmured, sadness reflecting in her great eyes, not noticing the usual silly antics of Carrot. The group stiffened, and their thoughts, too, shifted to those innocent people lost at the hands of a vengeful woman, one who lacked a heart. The aura of the room was now solemn; as if in commemoration of those whose lives had been bitterly lost in exchange for a crime they didn't commit.

"Well, Big Mama, you can count on us," Gateau said fiercely. An advantage about Gateau was that his anger went hand in hand with his extreme determination. Marron nodded to this.

"She is located in the west, in the forest near the Simu Overpass. Be careful as you enter that forest, my Sorcerer Hunters." Big Mama narrowed her eyes, hurt in sadness, and the ignorant Carrot blandly asked her if she was okay. Her murmured response only foreshadowed what the Sorcerer Hunters were about to realize:

"I cannot help but feel I am going to lose one of you, ever so slowly.." Her words held such meaning and grieved pain; a gentle but saddening rain. If only they all had known that one destiny.

But just then, none of them really noticed at all.