Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Ballad of Fallen Angels ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ballad of Fallen Angels

Chapter V

-~-

A/N: Trying to make it more realistic. Bear with me!

-~-

"You're becoming Sleeping Beauty."

"There's nothing else I can do."

"Why do you say that?"

"If I leave…she will kill me."

"………I know."

"Why do you stay with me?"

"Because you need the company."

"I don't NEED company! I'm a heartless Dark Lord."

"Yes……you are. But…I've seen a demon with the heart of a human."

"What?!"

"Something Mama said to Cashew…"

"Are you trying to insult me?"

"No."

"……okay."

"…Something wrong?"

"……Chiffon………do you hate me?"

-~-

Chiffon opened his eyes. The conversation had been replaying in his head since he returned from the castle. He was beginning to wonder if Cool Mint was changing. If he was, would things really work out…

"No. They won't." Chiffon closed his eyes again. "My loyalty is with Mama. I will not leave her."

"I'm glad to hear that." He turned to see Kahula standing in his doorway.

"Kahula-san…"

"I ask you to reconsider though." Kahula walked over to stand in front of Chiffon.

"Reconsider? Reconsider what?"

"What you want."

"Eh?" He was confused by his friend's behavior.

"Mama would not be mad….if you fell in love. Even if it was with a Dark Lord."

Chiffon stared at Kahula's emotionless face. In truth, he was more than a little shocked that Kahula had found out.

"H-How?"

"I saw you help him out of the river. There was something on your face that was different."

"You didn't tell Mama?"

"I did not." Kahula answered without hesitation. "It was nothing that would danger her."

"Are you sure?"

"He has not attacked the castle. Though, I had my worries, but it seems he will not go against you."

"You flatter me, Kahula-san."

"I speak the truth." His face betrayed no emotion to show he was joking. Then again, he always was a serious person.

"What are your thoughts?"

"They do not matter." He moved to leave the room.

"Why? Surly you have your opinion."

"Yes, but another's feeling should not change your heart."

Again, Chiffon found himself shocked by Kahula.

"Kahula-san…"

"You shall do what you want. Do not be swayed by the wishes of others."

The door clicked shut as Kahula's form left the room. Chiffon was dumbstruck by his friend's appearance. He laid his body down on the bed.

"Even if you say that, Kahula-san, I could never be happy if I betrayed Mama." Chiffon turned on his side. "I could never be happy with Cool Mint."

His mind was made up. Chiffon couldn't be with Cool Mint. It would never work.

"So, why do I feel like I'm a traitor?"

-~-

TBC?

Yes, I did break the pairing up. But do not fear! There IS more! HAHA! And…yeah….Kahula is way OOC. Whew!