Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Ballad of Fallen Angels ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ballad of Fallen Angels

Chapter IV

-~-

Cool Mint sat with his legs crossed on the bed. He was still recovering from the days before.

"What is it?" Chiffon stared at the other's blank expression.

"Why are you helping me?"

Chiffon was thrown back at the change in Cool Mint's attitude. In the past, he was never this reasonable. However, Chiffon couldn't understand why he was helping Cool Mint out himself.

"Maybe it's my human heart." He finally answered.

"Human heart, eh?" Cool Mint looked at the ceiling. "What weak sentiments."

"Perhaps. But it is what makes us human strong."

"Maybe…" He flicked his hair over his shoulder. "And maybe not."

Chiffon stared at Cool Mint for a short while. "You haven't tired to kill me today." It was true. Cool Mint usually tried to get out of bed just to strangle Chiffon. This only led to him irritating wounds and more time in bed.

"Yes. Feel lucky."

"Of course."

-~-

Cool Mint awoke peacefully. He was beginning to wonder about the "human heart" that Chiffon always spoke about.

"No!" He cursed loudly to the empty room. "I will not become some weak human! I will not betray my blood like those relics!"

He couldn't allow himself to be swayed. Almond had given him a small ray of hope. Their master was returning. He had to wait for that. He couldn't allow himself to die before his master had risen.

And that's what would happen to those traitors. They would grow old and die. Together.

"Together?" Cool Mint never thought of it that way. Those two were in love. They would stay with each other for all time if they could.

Growling, he threw one of his pillows across the room. He wouldn't allow himself to become weak. He didn't need anyone else's presence to make him feel less himself.

Satisfied, he laid back down to sleep. It was all he could do, really. If he left this haven, Mama would send her Haz Knights to deal with him. Though he would never admit it, he wasn't ready to fight them…or the one in their group.

-~-

"What do you think is wrong with Chiffon-san?" Cinnamon asked Mille in her sugary sweet voice [1].

"I don't know…" Mille put a finger on his chin. "He seems preoccupied."

Cinnamon nodded. "Do you think he's sick?"

"No. I think…."

"You think?"

"It's nothing." He shook his head to clear his head.

"….are you sure?" She bit her bottom lip. "Should we tell Mama?"

"I'm sure she already notices." Mille gave a short nod. "If she doesn't see anything wrong…we do nothing."

"Alright….Still…"

"Yeah, I'm worried about him too." He gave her a wink. "Let's just keep a close eye on him."

"Yeah!" Cinnamon was greatly cheered-up by this.

She left Mille alone with his thoughts.

He murmured under his breath as he watched her leave. "But…I think it's more than anything we can help…"

-~-

TBC?

^^;; Short chapter but the bunnies got lazy on me (as Hikari-sama says!). Bye bye!