Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Ballad of Fallen Angels ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ballad of Fallen Angels

Chapter III

-~-

"Just what I said, our lord will be resurrected." Almond amused voice answered.

"Now?" Cool Mint's eyes widen.

"Impatient? No, when many, many years past…he will show himself again." He shifted to face the person on the bed. "Gin was the one to tell me this."

"Gin!?"

"I was surprised, but then again…he was her lord too."

"So, why tell me now?"

"I thought I would give my old friend the news. Besides, you look like you could use some cheering up." He glanced at the crypt in disgust. "Couldn't you have found some place else?"

"No."

"Fine. Don't you have anything to say to me?"

"…like what?" Cool Mint raised an eyebrow.

"Like THANKS! You act like you don't care our lord is coming back!" Almond was ready to strangle his "comrade."

"I am happy, but it won't be for so long. Why worry about it now?"

He paused in his fury. "Heh. You never were one to get riled up."

"Nope."

"Of course." He gave a short nod to Cool Mint. "I'll be going then."

"Where?"

"To wait for the coming for the Child of Fate." As quickly as he had entered, Almond had left Cool Mint's chambers.

"The Child of Fate, hmm?" Cool Mint laid back down to the bed. "I wonder who it could be…"

-~-

Chiffon sat in his room quietly pondering what Mama had said. They were now supposed to protect two of the Dark Lords. It was so strange…yet…he couldn't help but feel happy.

If Cool Mint were to change, then there would no longer be the threat of him being forced to face the other in battle. But the logical part of his mind knew that that wasn't going to happen.

Chiffon still could not believe how they had gotten to the point they were. Sure, he didn't believe them to be lovers…not really. But they weren't just using each other for sex either. It was a combination of the two that allowed them to not hate but also not love each other.

Still, Chiffon was still amazed they had gotten away with being in a relationship with each other.

-~-

It was a few days after the Great War. Charlotte was now sleeping with Ridela, the Haz Knights were able to leave to help the people, and all seemed to be right with the world.

Chiffon walked along one of the banks of the rivers near the Stellar Church. The ground still was black from the ghouls' blood. He wondered if he could ask the others to help him clean the mess up.

As he continued, he noticed a form half in the river, half on the bank. Even from the distance he was at, Chiffon could see the person was badly injured.

After all the confusion, this person must have been forgotten! Running to the body, Chiffon turned it over to meet with a nasty surprise.

"COOL MINT?!" Chiffon was ready to lay the final blow to kill one of the Dark Lords…but he found he could not.

Cool Mint's breathing was shallow and the wounds on his body had yet to heal. It would be wrong to kill him when he had no way to fight back. Chiffon remembered what Mama had done for Gin and Cashew and it seemed only right to help Cool Mint out. After all, the weakened Dark Lord would be no match for a Haz Knight.

-~-

"So, that's how it happened." Chiffon shook his head.

Deep inside, Chiffon was sure he should have told Mama what he was doing, but he did not. He had just told her he had found a human who was badly injured and wished to help him. Mama had agreed and off Chiffon had gone.

In truth, he had felt sorry for Cool Mint; took pity on the cruelest of the Dark Lords. Cool Mint had at first resented Chiffon's help and only wished to attack him. After finding he could not, Cool Mint was willing to claw/bite/anything to get away from his enemy. It was like he was a wild animal.

However, after a few weeks, Cool Mint had calmed down. He had actually opened up to Chiffon a little. Chiffon, himself, had told Cool Mint a few things about himself just to make the other feel like they were not enemies.

And that was that. Slowly, Chiffon found that he enjoyed Cool Mint's company. Sure, he could never understand human love or anything related to humans. But Cool Mint still was a good conversationalist-which was shocking to the Haz Knight.

"When had I fallen in love with you?" Chiffon asked the empty ceiling. "It can't last."

He knew it couldn't. He was betraying everyone. Mama. The Haz Knights. Humans. Chiffon couldn't continue to be in a relationship with Cool Mint.

It was the logical part of his mind saying this. But the illogical had already taken control. He would stay with Cool Mint until Cool Mint called it off.

Chiffon snorted loudly.

"When did I become so weak?"

-~-

TBC?