Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Ballad of Fallen Angels ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ballad of Fallen Angels

Chapter II

-~-

"Chiffon-san!" Mille gave his old friend a charming smile. "Back from your vacation so soon?"

"I couldn't stay on vacation when I know Mama might need me." Chiffon replied in a light-hearted tone.

"Yeah, she told me she wanted to see you…" Noticing the fear that was on his friend's face, Mille waved his hands in a negative way. "No, no! Nothing bad. Just wanting to brief you on what happened and stuff. She isn't mad that you took a few months off…after all during the war you fought the most. Along with Kahlua."

"I'm glad to hear that." He gave a teasing smile. "It wouldn't look good on my work application if I was fired from being a Haz Knight."

"Course not! So, you better get going."

Waving goodbye, Chiffon made his way to Mama's chambers.

-~-

Cool Mint looked around at the crypt he now occupied. In short frustration, he threw a stone against the rock wall. He was forced to go into hiding because Mama and her Haz Knights! He was forced to hide like some … human.

It was most distressing. But at least he had some distractions from his current predicament. He sighed loudly, hearing it echo in the chamber.

"I wonder if the others are as bored as I am." Cool Mint snorted quietly. "Nah, the two relics will probably keep each other company and Almond was never much for chit-chat. I guess I'm the only one out of the Lords who is bored out of his mind."

Walking around the room, his eyes slowly traveled to his bed. Nostalgia filled him as he laid on its plush coverings.

Hugging a pillow, Cool Mint would hate to admit he was acting anything less than what his reputation, but he did feel a ting of loneliness.

Before going to sleep, he whispered one name.

"Chiffon…"

-~-

"Haz Knight Chiffon." Mama calmly addressed the man in front of her.

Chiffon knelt before Mama as she watched him.

"How was your vacation?"

"Very well." Chiffon hated to become so defensive with her, but he couldn't help me. What are you doing to me…Cool Mint?

"I see." She stared at her knight's tense figure. "What are you worried about?"

"Huh!?"

"You…seem anxious."

"I'm sorry."

"There is nothing to apologize for." Mama shook her head. "The war was hard on all of us. If I could, I would have asked Kahlua to take a break as well. But he probably wouldn't have heard about it."

Chiffon gave one of his cheerful smiles. "That is true."

"But, what I asked you to come now is not about your vacation."

"What is it about, Mama?"

"…The Four Lords of Darkness…"

Chiffon felt his chest tighten considerably. "W-What about them?"

"It seems Gin and Cashew wish to become human. It will be hard for some people to accept them, so I have them under my protection." Mama cleared her throat. "I already told the other knights this."

"I see. What about the others?"

"They have all gone into hiding. And as long as they are not causing trouble, I cannot do anything about them." Mama's eyes bore into Chiffon's. "Now that you know…you are dismissed.

Chiffon gave a short nod. He left the chamber with shaking legs. But…what if…one your knights are with one of the lords? What then, Mama?

-~-

Almond walked into Cool Mint's chambers. He glided over to the other's sleeping form. Giving the bed a shake, he was rewarded with Cool Mint's waking glare.

"Still sleeping?"

He yawned. "Not anymore."

"Good."

"What do you want?" Cool Mint wanted to get back to his dreams. It was better than this harsh reality.

"Our lord will be resurrected."

"WHAT?!"

-~-

TBC?

^_^ Wee!