Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Brother! ❯ Ranko? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Oh Brother!
By: N-chan and C-chan

Chapter 3

Standard Disclaimer: Third verse exactly like the first and second!!
************************************************************** ************************
Carrot: Hey, you think I'll get any girls this time??
Ukyo: No chance hun..
Carrot: Aw man….
Duo: Am I in this chapter??
Goku: Am I in this chapter??
Vegeta: Stupid Kakkarot, you're dead…
Goku: Oh yeah…
Kikyo: Don't worry, I'm dead too..
Johnny: Yeah, me too…
Kikyo: *to Johnny* Well at least no one reincarnates you…
Johnny: But I miss Ponyboy…
N-chan and C-chan: *sweatdrop*
N-chan: Uh, sorry guys, but there is no Dragonball Z, Inu Yasha, or Outsiders in this…
C-chan: Aw man, no Outsiders? That sucks…
N-chan: Um, anyways, on with the fic!!
***************************************************************** *********************
The Sorcerer Hunters decided to set up camp until the rain let up. None of them really wanted to continue trudging on through the pouring rain. So they set up camp in a small clearing. Akane sighed and set out her sleeping bag. Pulling out a brush, she sat down and started brushing her hair. "This is going to be a great experience. I can't wait until we get to the Spooner continent and I get to meet their boss." she thought to herself smiling. Suddenly, the semi-peace of the rain was broken by a crash. She poked her head out of the tent and looked over towards where the sound had come from and gasped. There, tangled in what looked like a rabbit trap, was P-chan. Akane went out of her tent and scooped up the squealing little pig. "P-chan, did you follow me? Poor baby, let me take you into my dry tent," she said and took him into her tent. She took her blanket out of her bag and wrapped it around him. "How about I give you a little bath, you're awfully muddy," she said reaching for the kettle of water she had been heating for some tea. The little pig's eyes got wide and he began shaking his head and squealing. "Oh really P-chan, stop that," she said battling slightly with the little pig. But he managed to get out of her grasp and go under the sleeping bag. "Oh, fine then. Really, I will never understand why you are so terrified of a little hot water." she said putting it back on the heater.(=^^=: gee, I dunno why he's so afraid of hot water…) With a sigh, she went back to brushing her short hair. It had become a nervous habit lately, brushing her hair had, and she was a bit homesick already which was why she was brushing it at the moment.
Suddenly, Akane heard a rustling outside her tent. She stopped in mid-brush and listened. She could faintly hear two people talking, a guy and a girl. The girl sounded near hysterical. After awhile, the talking ceased and someone tapped on the front of her tent. "Come in!" she called. To her great surprise, Carrot came through the flap. "What are you doing here Carrot?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "That hot g-,uh, I mean, that friend of yours, Ranko, was following us and she, uh, came across a problem while she was, and she needs a place to sleep here at camp." Carrot said looking rather nervous to Akane. "Ranko's here?" she all but yelled. Carrot nodded and said, "So we decided that she could maybe sleep in here with you." Akane nodded and smiled, thinking, 'Okay, Ranma had better have a damn good reason for following me!' Carrot grinned. "Good! I'll get her and tell her then!" he said going out. Akane's eyes widened at a realization. "Kuso!! I just told Carrot that Ranma, of all people, could sleep in my tent with me!!!" she said a little too loudly. She clasped her hand over her mouth, hoping no one had heard her outburst. She heard Carrot and who she assumed was Ranma coming towards the tent, so she forced her features to look partially normal and turned to the entrance just as they came in. Carrot had his back towards her and was talking to Ranko. "You can stay in here tonight Miss Ranko. We don't have any other tents. Unless you want to stay with me…" Carrot said in a hopeful voice. "Nah, this is okay. Pretty big to. Who am I staying w-"Ranko abruptly stopped talking when she noticed the other occupant of the tent. "I have to stay in this with her?!" She said pointing at Akane with an annoyed look on her face. Akane growled. Carrot saw that they were about to have a fight and left very quickly, not wanting to get caught up in it, with a good night. And he got out right in time too, because right after he got out of the tent, Akane began screaming at Ranko about something or other. It was times like these that he wished he had earplugs.
Ranma-chan was sitting on her sleeping bag with a sour expression on her face, sporting a black eye and other miscellaneous bruises and mumbling things about 'that stupid tomboy'. Akane was sitting on her sleeping bag as far away from Ranma-chan as possible with her mallet beside her and petting a certain glaring black piglet muttering about 'that baka'. There was a very hostile feeling in the air. The silence stretched on and on until it was almost maddening. Finally after ten minutes Ranma-chan spoke. "Why didja go and hit me, huh? It's not like I did nothing." she said, rubbing her head. "And then that stupid pig had to go and hit me in the eye I didn't do nothing to him either." Akane said, still petting P-chan, "You've done plenty of things to poor P-chan before! You had it coming!" Ranma-chan growled. "Yeah, well, you still had no reason to smack me with that damn mallet of yours! I didn't do nothing to you!" Akane shrugged. "You've had that coming for a long time," she said sticking out her tongue. She knew it was a bit childish sticking out her tongue, but at the moment she really didn't care. Ranma-chan scowled. "I haven't ever done nothing to you!"
"You have too!! And I don't want you in my tent!"
"Is that so?"
"Yes! So go sleep somewhere else!"
"Gladly! Who would want to share a tent with a violent tomboy like you and that stupid pig of yours anyway!" Akane growled and looked at the floor. "So, go then! Go sleep with Tira and Chocolat for all I care! Just get out!" She yelled, throwing the empty teakettle at Ranma-chan who narrowly missed getting hit by it. "Fine then, I will," Ranma-chan said and started gathering her stuff. Akane just said, "Fine," and turned her back. She heard Ranma-chan finish packing and leave the tent. "Baka," Akane said and got up. She retrieved the teakettle she'd thrown and stuffed it into her bag. Then, with a sigh, she slipped into her sleeping bag, not caring that she was wearing her clothes from the day still. She blew out the light in the lantern she'd been using and went to sleep.
P-chan though, was still wide awake. With a mad squeal, he rushed outside, nearly tripping over Ranma-chan who was sleeping just outside Akane's tent. He growled at her, but then noticed someone taking a bath a little bit away from camp. Squealing happily, he ran over to it and jumped in. In a second, a seething Ryoga Hibiki popped out saying, "Ranma, how dare you talk to Akane like that!!" He jumped out and started running. Carrot just sat dumbfounded in his so called 'relaxing bath' and watched with wide eyes as the guy that had just popped out of his bath ran towards the direction of Tira and Chocolat's tent. "I really need to get more sleep, now I'm imagining things," he muttered shaking his head and going deeper down into the water.
Meanwhile, Ryoga, stark naked, tripped over a root, fell into the side of the Misu's tent, and hit his head, causing them to wake up. "Tira, go see what happened," Chocolat said groggily, sitting up. "Okay sis," Tira said and poked her head out of the tent. She squinted into the darkness, trying to make out what had hit their tent. Finally, her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She gasped when she saw Ryoga's form crumpled next to the tent. "Chocolat! Come here quick! There's a guy laying out here next to our tent and I think he's hurt!"
**************************************************************** **********************
Authors' Notes: How was it? Shall we continue still? I hope you said yes again…
Carrot: No girls…I'm such a tortured soul….
Duo: Need I say it again? Me and Hee-chan STILL have NOT appeared yet!!!
Carrot: You guys are tortured souls too…hey, do YOU guys get any girls???
Duo and Heero: *sweatdrop*
Duo: Um, not exactly…