Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Out of Destruction Comes Love ❯ A Heavenly Pillar's Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Sorcerer Hunters and its wacky characters are owned by Satoru Akahori and Ray Omishi.

Note: This fic takes place before, during, and right after the final battle between the Four Heavenly Pillars and the God of Destruction. For those who don't have Volume 13 of the manga, this might be a spoiler. It focuses on Mother of West Apros and Tira's POV and her feelings towards the God of Destruction/Carrot. Hope you like it.

Out of Destruction Comes Love

Tira

The worst has happened. Charlotte, Big Mama's brother, the Emperor, has awakened the God of Destruction from within Carrot. Why? What was he thinking? Just because he saved the world with his power long ago, that doesn't mean he can destroy it using the God of Destruction. Charlotte doesn't understand that once the God of Destruction is unleashed, he is unstoppable, uncontrollable.

"I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!!"

Now Charlotte realized what he had done. I'm sure he felt the terrible power coming from him and he shook with fear. One look into the God of Destruction's black eyes will terrify you. Mama and the Haz Knights tried to protect Charlotte, but not even their power combined was a match for him and they were all thrown back. Suddenly, I thought the worst had happened. I'm sure Daughter did as well. Thank goodness, they're still alive.

I look at the destruction Carrot has caused as the God of Destruction. Many towns and cities have been destroyed. Many people are dead. Mama once said that the only way for Carrot to return to normal is his death. But I don't believe that. There has to be another way to bring Carrot back. There has to. If only I told him my true feelings about him, then this disaster might not have happened.

I know that Chocolat also has feelings for Carrot, but I don't think she's in love with him. This would never have happened if that idiot didn't meet that girl Mousse! Did he truly love her? I had sleepless nights thinking about it. Carrot seemed to be so happy when he was around her.

"DESTROY THE WORLD!!!"

Hearing those words from Carrot, no, the God of Destruction fills my heart with such hopelessness. At this point, I don't care if he's the God of Destruction. To me, he's still Carrot. His voice is now full of rage and hatred. But there was also an underlying tone of pain, anguish and loneliness as well. Every time he speaks, there is more destruction. His power is terrible.

"I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!!"

Suddenly, Mousse says there is still hope. Not only that, Mousse wasn't exactly Mousse. She claimed to be Aunt Apricot. At first, I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd never see her again. Then she explained why the God of Destruction was the way he was. Who would have thought that he was alone and was bitter and angry because of his loneliness? She also explained the Four Heavenly Pillars and how each of them are in the hearts of myself, my sister, Marron and Gateau, namely the Mother of West Apros, Holy Demon Kurin, Lord of Rebirth Yaksha and North Sky Karlman. I'm guessing that Apros was the guardian of the West as her name implies. I felt such pity for him but we have to stop him. I want to save both Carrot and the world.

I realize that we must awaken the Four Heavenly Pillars and use their power to stop Carrot.

"I WILL DESTROY EVERYONE!!"

Why couldn't it be the way it was before all this madness? I could never help but get jealous every time Carrot went after every single girl everywhere we went to punish evil sorcerers. I was especially jealous when Chocolat would go after her "darling" as she called Carrot. I would always bash him with a huge mallet. I guess it was my way of telling him I liked him. He would ever get the idea anyway. I should have told him that I loved him then. Maybe it would have been different. And now, I would have to kill him to save the world. No, I can't; I won't. I will find another way to save both Carrot and the world. I did once before and I'll do it again.

Now I'm ready for the Mother of West Apros to awaken from within my heart. As Mousse casts the spell to awaken the Four Heavenly Pillars, I feel another presence stirring within my heart.

The Mother of West Apros

As I awaken from within Tira to battle against the God of Destruction once again, I could not help but feel my heart breaking with every blow I would inflict on him. But then again, Tira and I are one and the same. Not only do I see the God of Destruction, I also see Carrot. What had happened between us? Why am I fighting him again? Something must have happened that caused his heart to be filled with rage, hatred and pain. I know that I was partially to blame for this. No, I was to blame for all of his pain.

After all, I was the only one who understood him. No one knew that his heart was full of pain and rage because he was so alone. It was what destroyed our world after all. Everyone avoided and feared him because of his appearance and his power. I will admit that I did fear him at first, but then I had a chance to know him better.

And now, it's happening again. The human world was almost destroyed once before. Back then, the other Heavenly Pillars didn't kill him because of me. I didn't want them to kill him. Sealing him away in the purest heart possible was my idea. But it's different this time. Or is it? We have no choice now but to destroy him and Carrot Glace. But they are one and the same as well. He has already destroyed much of the world as it is. I'm so sorry, beloved.

Yes, no matter how much destructive power he has and despite the fact that he is a changeling, he will always be my beloved.

I could remember the first day I had met him on our beautiful world. At first, I was a bit terrified of him. Who wouldn't be? He was very large and looked like a savage with his wild hair, his horns and those dark wings. Everyone else had avoided him, as humans would say, "like the plague". He was a god like all the others. So I decided to approach him. The longer I was with him, the more I was able to understand him.

But then, I started to fall in love with him. I realized that he has feelings just like the others. No one else could understand how I felt about him. The other gods thought I was mad to fall in with one such as the God of Destruction. He was a god just like me. I could not understand why they avoided him. Maybe they feared his power like I once did. They would never understand him, not like I do.

Then suddenly, everything changed. He closed himself off from me. His heart became cold and filled with hatred. I realized why, but it was too late for our world. I put my duties as the guardian of the West before my feelings for the God of Destruction. I never knew his heart was so fragile beneath his tremendous power. Out of rage and loneliness, he used his power to destroy everything. That especially pleased the Lords of Darkness. Destruction was their purpose and they had the audacity to use him as their weapon.

"I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!"

A lot of time passed after that. We stopped him from destroying other existences as well. More time passed until the young Charlotte awakened his powers for the first time and had awakened him. Once again, he threatened the existence of the mortal world and we defeated him, this time sealing him away in the human with the purest heart, namely Apricot, Carrot's mother. I could not let the other Pillars kill him.

Even more time would pass until I saw him again. Only he wasn't the God of Destruction; he was Carrot Glace, living in the village of the Sorcerer Hunters with Yaksha reborn as Marron Glace, Carrot's younger brother. And I wasn't Apros; I was reborn as Tira Misu and Kurin was reborn as my older sister Chocolat. Terrible circumstances had reunited us. It seemed that the man who raised us as his children was seeking the God of Destruction to destroy the world of the sorcerers.

More time had passed and we became full-fledged Sorcerer Hunters, our reincarnations that is. My weapons of choice were a whip, spindle of thread and sometimes a sheet when I teamed up with my sister. What was most unusual for myself was that I became some sort of `dominatrix' when I battle against sorcerers. Carrot wasn't much of a fighter but he used the God of Destruction's ability to change into a beast when he absorbs magic. It was very enjoyable working with Carrot. I grew to love him once again.

Chocolat went on her own in search of Sacher Torte, our "father" and murderer of children. It will have been a long time before we were all reunited through our reincarnations. I never figured Gateau to be so narcissistic, but then again Karlman was a bit vain in my opinion. I apologize for going off the topic.

All of these events lead to this battle, the battle to save all of existence and my beloved as well. I am very sorry for what I have done and what I am about to do, my beloved, but you must stop this destruction. I do not want to kill you this time. But if it is what I have to do to stop you, then I have no choice. The God of Destruction must be destroyed.

"The God of Destruction must be destroyed. We must defeat the God of Destruction."

Those words keep repeating themselves in my mind like a mantra. But if the God of Destruction is destroyed, then Carrot will die as well. So the battle begins again.

"I WILL DESTROY ALL!!"

Karlman strikes the first blow with his spear. Kurin and myself strike him after that. Please forgive me, my beloved, for every blow I inflict. Yaksha then strikes with his sword. The battle intensifies and the God of Destruction is taking every blow we inflict. Though my facial expression reveals nothing, my heart breaks more with every blow. I know he is in pain. It is as if I feel it with him.

"I WILL DESTROY ALL THERE IS!!!!!!!!!"

Now we're getting ready to deliver the final blow that destroy him once and for all, the Power of the Four Corners (yes, I came up with that name. I derived that name from a scene in the movie, "The Craft", where the four wannabe witches call the corners to invoke the Spirit. The creators of the manga didn't.): Yaksha representing the East, myself the West, Karlman the North, and Kurin the South.

We were about to deliver the final blow. It would finally be over. NO! I can't let him die! I have to do something before it's too late. And so, I do the most insane thing impossible. I awaken as Tira and stand in front of the God of Destruction and take the blast for him.

Tira

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Caaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would rather sacrifice myself than watch Carrot die. I hear myself screaming Carrot's name, trying to get through to him. I know he hears me. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by an intense light. I knew then that I was about to die, but not before I say those three words to Carrot; "I love you".

What's this? I died, didn't I? They say all your memories come back to you when you die. I guess it's true after all. I see myself, Chocolat, Marron and Carrot playing when we were kids. At one point, I see myself crying when I fall on the grass while my sister is yelling at Carrot. But Carrot picks me up and we go back to playing.

I hope he heard me when I told him that I loved him. It's just as well. Goodbye, Marron, Gateau, Chocolat, and my beloved.

"I love you."

Am I hearing things or was it that Carrot had just said, "I love you"? Then I see him rushing towards me. I reached out to him after all. I can't believe I'm hearing these words from him.

"I'll tell you I love you as many times as you want."

My heart swells with joy with every time he says it.

"I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!"

Carrot finally reaches and embraces me. He's never done this before. I guess he realizes his feelings for me, too.

"Carrot?"

"Who else? You twit! I thought you were going to come save me!"

"Carrot."

"I'll tell you I love you until the end of time! I won't let the God of Destruction have me! Not now!"

I feel tears of joy well up in my eyes. Then he pulls away to look at me for a moment and kisses me. Oh, Carrot, how I love you just as I loved you then.

The Mother of West Apros

I have finally done it. I got through to the God of Destruction. His heart has opened up to love at last. There is no more pain, no more rage. He has someone to love that will love him back. This time there will be nothing that will stand in the way of our love. The world has been saved and no more innocent lives would be destroyed. The Lords of Darkness have all died. It was hard to imagine that two of them have sacrificed their lives to save the world. They must have decided to live out their lives as humans.

Now that the world has been saved, we can now concentrate on strengthening our bond through our reincarnations as we ourselves did long ago. It was true love that saved us after all.

Author's Note: I didn't want to include Carrot and Tira's wedding because there are so many stories revolving around it. So, I wanted to do something a little different. I hope you like it. I'm probably going to write a second chapter with Carrot's/ The God of Destruction's POV. I think The God of Destruction is a misunderstood character. I'm sure he has feelings. Oh, well. Later. ^_^