Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ In a Moment ❯ A Plea ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4- A Plea
Arachna Kingdom seemed to be in even greater disarray. Along with many still injured from that battle earlier, there now existed the problem with Corona. She was still alive now, but Lily reported to the Spider Riders that her wound had a chance of being fatal. Of course, that also opened up the chance that Corona would recover in time and be just fine. Always optimistic, Hunter was convinced that she'd be just fine. He didn't want to believe anything else.
Even with those sentiments, Hunter was frustrated. He sat beside Corona's bed, contemplating. He remembered back to another time when he was in Corona's room. Back then, Corona had thrown a pillow at him, scolding him for entering a girls room so suddenly. Hunter kind of wished that the same could happen now, just so that he could see that Corona was back to normal. Not because he had the sudden urge to get hit with a pillow.
“Hunter,” came the voice of Shadow through the manacle on his wrist. “This wasn't your fault. It was an accident and that's all.”
“I already know that!” Hunter yelled. “I just wish there was something I could do. Back in my world, we have places called hospitals that take care of injuries like this. I really love the Inner World, but at times like this, it would best to back in the real world.
Meanwhile, Aqune approached the door. She placed her hand on the knob, but quickly pulled it away. What was she thinking? She couldn't just barge in uninvited. It was more than that though. Aqune was nervous. Just the thought of talking to Buguese bought a strange feeling to her heart. She backed away for a moment before finally deciding to knock on the door. A few seconds later, it opened. It initially surprised Aqune that Buguese simply opened it without questioning who had knocked. It seemed like the opposite of how he would react. Unless, he knew it was her.
Buguese smiled, or at least made a devious, pleased expression that Aqune thought resembled a smile.
“Um… Buguese?” began Aqune.
“Speak, dear,” said Buguese.
“Aqune put her hand over her mouth nervously. It's not as if Buguese had never called her things like that before. It just never had any effect on her. She opened her mouth to speak, dropping her hand, but the words didn't come out. In front of her again was Buguese, alluring as ever. Aqune quickly tried to remind herself of all the reasons NOT to like Buguese. He's hateful, self-interested… or is he? Here he was now, standing before her,waiting for her to speak. He wanted to know what she had to say.
“Please, let me go and heal the Spider Rider I injured earlier!” Aqune said suddenly. She didn't mean to be so direct. Well, she did technically, but it still came out wrong. It was too late to back down now. She'd made her point.
“I see,” said Buguese, looking concerned but not quite angry. “Why?” he then added.
“Because I didn't really mean to hurt her,” said Aqune.
“Then what was your intention?” questioned Buguese. “If you engage in battle against an opponent, would you want anything other than to defeat them? You are a very powerful warrior Aqune, but in ways you are still naïve. Battle is not fun and games. It is a fight to the death!”
“In some circumstances,” said Aqune. “Not now. Not this time.” She stared directly into Buguese's eyes. There, she saw the coldness that she knew was always present. “Please,” Aqune added.
“Alright,” said Buguese. Aqune gasped. “If that's what you believe. We'll see which one of us is right!”