Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ In a Moment ❯ The Healing ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5- The Healing
Somehow, it had worked, even if it took a challenge to Buguese's ideals to make it happen. They were off again to the kingdom of Arachna. Aqune had expected that Buguese would accompany her, even though this truly didn't concern him. In a way, she was happy to have him around though. She felt more comfortable that way. Before she knew it, her body had moved closer to his.
Some time passed and they had reached the city.
“This is your last chance to back down,” Buguese stated.
“I can't!” Aqune replied.
“I didn't think so,” said Buguese. “The security still seems to be suffering,” he added. “You can easily sneak right in.”
Aqune proceeded to do so, It was fairly simple. Now the immediate problem was to find where the Spider Riders were.
“I'll have to rely on the Oracle to guide me,” Aqune thought to herself. “Where the Spider Riders live, her presence will be strong. That idea had worked. She found a place that she was quite positive was their home. Before proceeding, Aqune looked around. Finally, she spotted Buguese. He had entered as well. Her mind relaxed a bit. She was ready to proceed.
Wandering around the outside of the structure for a minute, she peered through a window. Now she had no doubts at all. Inside she saw Hunter, but he didn't look quite like his ever-determined self. He seemed almost broken. On the bed beside him lay that girl, looking worse.
Aqune knocked on the window without a second thought.
Hunter got up and approached the window.
“Aqune?” he said, seeming more shocked than anything else.
“Yes, it's me,” said Aqune. “I can use my powers to heal that girl.”
Hunter faced Aqune sternly for a moment, seemingly a bit angry at her. His expression then turned to gratitude. He opened the window, allowing for Aqune to enter.
Aqune placed her hands over Corona's wound, A light emerged and Corona recovered.
“It's done,” she said.
“Thank you,” replied Hunter. “Uh… by the way, just how did you get out here?” Hunter questioned.
“I convinced Buguese to let me come,” admitted Aqune.
“Wha… but how?!” questioned Hunter, amazed by this.
“Buguese… maybe he isn't exactly like I thought he was,” replied Aqune. “I have to go now! He's waiting for me.” Smiling at Hunter one last time, she left. There went her biggest chance to be with Hunter, Still, she was satisfied that she had saved the girl whom he loved.
Aqune found Buguese again, but this still took some effort. He had to have stayed cleverly hidden though, seeing how he had snuck into an enemy kingdom. The two left Arachna's boundaries, not speaking a word.
“So how did it go?” Buguese questioned soon after. Aqune looked at him sadly.
“Just as planned,” she said. Suddenly, she felt Buguese's hand on her shoulder, her body was pulled into his.
“Hmph!” said Buguese. “My enemy Hunter Steele. It seems you have feelings for him, don't yo? But you can never have him”
“I…” Aqune started.
“I understand your sentiment, Aqune,” said Buguese. “It seems I was right. I knew it would be a bad idea for you to return.”
“I don't regret coming,” said Aqune, now putting her arm around Buguese. “Now I don't feel so lost anymore.”
Aqune still didn't have all the answers she wanted. She was confident of something though. When one being loves another, they'll want most of all to make them happy. This even held true if the individual knew that they'd just wind up hurt. That's why she wanted so much to heal Corona. That's why Buguese allowed her to be here now, even though it went against everything he stood for.
“Thank you,” said Aqune, closing her eyes and accepting his embrace.