Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Reflection in the Water ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter: Hey there everyone and welcome to the next chapter of "Reflections in the Water." I want to thank Dreamchasereternity for the title and everyone else for the reviews. Incase you read my other fanfics I'm stuck on the next chapter for Battle of the Bands so I'll have that up as soon as I can...

And about the rating, right now it is PG13 but it might be changed to R just to be safe so yeah. I'm not sure yet because there haven't been and R things in here yet and might not be for awhile iunno...

Disclaimer: I don't own Spirited Away.

Let's just get back to the story...

Last Time:

'Did you ever believe that there is another world out there? Another place to be that even humans the so-called smartest thing in the world doesn't know about? Well there is; no it's not on some planet far away and no it's not in another world even though it might be considered that...it is right here in our world. Though we may not see it or know about it, it is right under our noses.'

"Chihiro, Chihiro wake up!" said her roommate gently shaking her friend awake.

Chihiro rolled over sleepily and blinked at her friend. "Gel? What time is it?" she asked as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

Gel looked at her watch. "Its fifteen to ten."

"Aye yaaaaaaaaaa!" yelled Chihiro as she fell out of bed and landed on the floor.

Chihiro took it and put it in her pocket. The girls' hugged good-bye then went to their buses.

"I'll see you in two weeks!" called Gel running to her bus.

"See you then!" called Chihiro running to hers.

Chihiro made it to the bus just in time. She found an empty seat close to the back and threw her suitcase in the racks above her seat then sat down pulling out her headphone set.

'Well I got two hours to kill,' she thought to herself. 'Guess I'll sleep.'

And with that Chihiro turned up the volume to her CD player and dozed off.

Chapter Two:

Chihiro woke up after an hour of sleeping; she sat up in her seat and stretched as she yawned. There were still some people on the bus and by the looks of it she still had an hour left to go until she had to get off.

"What to do, what to do," she said to herself looking around.

She final decided to work on her book. So she pulled out her lab top and opened up her story quickly scanning to what she wrote. After a moment of thinking she started typing away.

`You are probably thinking `another world right here? Yeah right! What are you on their buddy? But it is true; so let's just get down to the point the story takes place when a little girl named Leiko who was moving to a new town with her parents.

Leiko was an arrogant little girl, always shouting and being a little brat most likely like any other ten-year-old girl. She laying down in the back of the car with her legs over some boxes as she held a bouquet of flowers and read the card.'

Chihiro read everything over twice to make sure it was how she wanted it then smiled with satisfaction. The bus started slowing down to a stop and Chihiro saved her work and gathered up her stuff.

`An hour already?' she thought to herself as she was walking to the front of the bus.

She got off the bus and waited for it to pull away then looked at the house across the street it was a nice blue house with many flowers and plants around it showing a nice welcome mood.

She smiled as she walked across the street and up the path going to the house. The door opened to show a couple standing in the doorway. They looked to be in their early 50's maybe late 40's. They both dressed in jeans and tee shirts.

"Mom! Dad!" said Chihiro running up to them.

"Chihiro," said her mom hugging her daughter.

Chihiro dropped her bags and hugged her mom back then her dad.

"Welcome home sweet heart," he said.

When they broke the hug Chihiro's dad grabbed her bags as they walked inside. Chihiro took her bags back and went over to the stairs.

"I'll go unpack and freshen up then I'll tell you guys everything," she said.

The couple nodded and walked into the living room. Chihiro went to her room and placed her bags on the white colored bed. She looked around and say it wasn't any different from when she left it. Her desk was there with the computer, across from that was her dresser and then her closet. Then her bed next to her night table in front of a large window. Near the night table was a small couch that sat in front of the window so you could sit and look out the window.

"Its good to be home," she said then started unpacking; putting her cloths in the dresser and closet.

Once she was done she went into the bathroom and splashed water on her face and headed down stairs. Her parents were sitting on a couch in the living room drinking some red wine. Chihiro sat on another small couch across from them.

"So tell us Chihiro have you made any new friends while you were away?" asked her mother.

"Yes mom I have," said Chihiro. "Her name is Gel she's twenty and I share a room with her."

"Oh that's nice," said her dad. "What is she majoring in?"

"I believe it is acting," answered Chihiro thoughtfully.

The parents nodded. About after an hour of catching up Chihiro and her mom went into the kitchen to make dinner. Her mom was tossing the salad as Chihiro set the table for three.

"So tell me sweetie have you met any boys?" asked her mother.

"Mom!" exclaimed Chihiro.

Her mom giggled and pressed. "Well?"

"No I haven't mom I've been busy..." said Chihiro turning her attention back to the table showing her mom she didn't want to talk about it.

Once dinner was ready Chihiro called in her dad and the family sat down for there pasta and salad dinner. Dinner was relatively quiet. When they were finished eating Chihiro cleared off the table.

"Honey we have something to show you," said her dad.

"What is it?" Chihiro asked following them outside to the garage.

"Now me and your father know how annoying it is at your age to have no way to get around," said her mother as they walked into the garage.

Chihiro jumped with happiness when she say the silver car. She turned around and hugged both her parents.

"Thank you so much!" she said.

Her father handed her the keys. "Now remember this is your responsibility."

Chihiro nodded happily as she held the keys close.

Later that night:

Chihiro was sitting on the small couch in her room and watched the stars as she hugged her knees. She was in her old black sweat pants wearing her dragon sweat shirt with her hair down going slightly past her shoulders.

She gave a deep heavy sigh as she watched a falling star. "Falling star if you can grant me one wish, please just even once let me see my friends again."

Chihiro turned to her night table and stared at her car keys for a long while. She suddenly got up put on her sneakers then grabbed her keys. Not sure of what she was doing. She went to her window and opened it climbing out into the tree branch.

She slid down the trunk and landed on her feet. She walked to the garage and got in her car starting it and driving off to the woods down below.

Chihiro slowly stepped out of the car and closed the door watching the red building. She set the alarm and walked inside.

"Everything seems so...........old," she said to her self as she walked into the main room with the benches.

She heard the sound of a ferry and ran to the other side. There was the field it looked different at night. She ran to the river and hopped onto the ferry pulling her hood above her head. She took a seat and waited to get to the other side.

Once the boat stopped she got up and followed the other spirits to the bridge as she looked around. She realized that her hands weren't disappearing.

`I guess it has something to do that I already eat the food from here or something,' she thought to herself.

When she got to the bridge she held her breath and quickly walked across it. When she got to the other side she opened the small door leading into the courtyard of the bathhouse and crawled inside.

She crept behind the flower bushes like how she did nine years ago with Haku. Then quickly ran for the side door and opened it. She slowly and carefully went down the stairs and walked into the boiler room.

There she saw the man like spider on his "work bench" and the soot spiders carrying coal to the fire. She carefully stepped out from the shadows when a bell rang.

"Take a break you idiots," said the man and the soot creatures ran into there little holes.

Chihiro stood there watching the man drink some water.

"Eh? What do we have here?" he asked turning around. "Who are you?"

"Don't you recognize me Kamaji?" asked Chihiro.

"How do you know my name?"

Chihiro pulled down her hood. "Its me, Chihiro. I'm all grown up now."

"I don't know a Ch-" began Kamaji as he climbed down and got a better look at her. "Sen?"

Chihiro nodded. "But my real name is Chihiro."

"Oh Se-Chihiro!" said Kamaji hugging her with one of her arms.

The soot spiders name out of their holes and started jumping around her making noses.

"Keep it down you idiots!" hisses Kamaji.

"What's all the nose for Kamaji?" asked a girl about the age of her late twenties as she came out of a little door with a basket and a bowl. She dressed in pink pants and shirt with a blue apron. Her brown hair was tied back.

The women turned to Kamaji and saw Chihiro.

"Sen?" she asked placing down the basket and bowl. "Sen is that really you?"

"This is not Sen, Lin," said Kamaji. "This is Chihiro."

"Hello Lin," said Chihiro.

"Oh Sen it really is you!" said Lin running up to her and hugging her old friend.

"Yes it is me but my name is Chihiro," said Chihiro returning the hug.

Lin nodded and let her friend go. "Just look at you...all grown up."

Chihiro nodded. "Where is Haku?"

Kamaji and Lin exchanged looks.

"Well you see Chihiro after you left," began Kamaji. "Haku went to talk to Yubaba to get his freedom back but Yubaba didn't agree to it. So that night there was a fight but we weren't sure of who its was. But the next day Lin went to his room and found blood all over the room but no Haku."

"We think that he ran away but we're not sure because if he didn't then he's most likely...." Lin couldn't bring herself to say it.

Chihiro looked at the ground and fell to her knees. Lin kneeled next to her.

"We are so sorry," she whispered.

"He can't be dead he's still alive I know he is!" said Chihiro holding back tears.

Kamaji placed a hand on her back for comfort. "You best be going child it is almost sun rise."

Lin helped Chihiro up. "I'll walk you to the end of the bridge."

Chihiro nodded then said good bye to Kamaji and then followed Lin out the way she came pulling her hood above her face.

Chihiro climbed back through the window and landed softy on the couch. She closed the window then crawled into bed.

`He just can't be dead...I know he's alive he's just got to be!' thought Chihiro then drifted into a deep sleep.

End Chapter:

Winter: Well that was longer then the first...GAH six pages my wrists hurt from all this typing...anywho I don't know the parents names so I'll prolly just leave it at like "said Chihiro's mom" or something like that...

Well please review! Remember reviews=happy authoress=more chapters!

::Credits start going::