Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Who says we're too young to love? ❯ The day you returned to me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This story will pick off exactly where the movie left off. I'm sure there are others out there like this but none of them can compare to the hell I'm going to put my favorite characters through. And now,
 
Disclaimer: I do in no way own Spirited Away, or any of its characters.
 
 
Chapter one: The Day you returned to me
 
Five years ago: “ I can't go any further. Just go back the way you came, you'll be fine. But you have to promise not to look back. Not until you've passed the tunnel.
 
“What about you? What will you do?”
 
“Don't worry. I'll go have a talk with Yubaba. Tell her I'm going to stop being her apprentice. I'm fine, I have my name back thanks to you.”
 
 
“Will we meet again?” Chihiro asked, hoping for a positive answer.
 
“Sure we will.”
 
“Promise?”
 
“Promise.”
 
“Now go. And don't look back.” Chihiro hesitated. The person that she'd learned to care for in this short time was going to be stripped from her, and that is a pain that she found to be unbearable.
 
“Haku, why don't you come back with me to the real world?” Her eyes pleaded with him even though somewhere deep down she knew he was still under Yubaba's control.
 
“ I can't be with you now. But once I break my contract with Yubaba, I will come for you. That is a promise.” Haku hesitantly released her hand and instantly missed the warmth it provided. Chihiro felt as though her world would come crashing down upon her, but in her heart she knew that somehow he would come back to her.
 
“Okay, Haku. I trust you and your word. Please come back to me.” A stray tear rolled down her cheek, but Haku wiped it away, allowing his touch to linger for just a moment.
 
“I won't let you down, Chihiro. I will return to you and when I do I will make you mine. Now go, you must hurry and return to your parents, and remember don't look back.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
Chihiro stared out the window replaying the events of five years ago for the millionth time. It hurt her deeply to even think of it. Sometimes she hated him for making that promise, and sometimes she hated herself for loving him in the first place. She'd always though love was supposed to be something joyous, not hurtful and depressing.
 
“Chihiro. You better hurry your senior banquet is in less than an hour, and your date is here!”
 
“Okay, mom. I'll be down in a minute. “ She yelled back down the stairs. She checked herself in the mirror once more making sure everything was in place. `Haku, wherever you are I wish you were here with me.' She though to herself. She took a glance out the window and headed downstairs.
 
-----------------------------------------------At the banquet------------------------------------
 
“We now wish to call our valedictorian Chihiro Mizayia to share a few kind words with us. Would you please share a few words with your graduating class?”
 
“Thank you, Mr. Nigato.” Chihiro said, standing at the podium. “First I would like to say that you all have worked extra hard to get to this point and for that, I want to say congratulations.” Chihiro took a moment to compose her words and then that's when she felt it. It was unmistakable that all too familiar aura. It had to be him. She felt it. She glanced around the room looking for him but there was no sign of him anywhere.
 
“Ahem. Is that all, Ms. Mizayia?”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry.” Chihiro said, laughing nervously. “I just want to say good luck in all your future endeavors and have fun on your last day of high school.” Chihiro stepped from off the stage and leaned against the wall. This was too much to take. She could feel him all around the room. She began to wander, trying to see if she could catch sight off him, but her efforts failed. As time when on she could gradually feel his aura fading. Just when she'd thought she'd imagined it all, she felt it kick in tenfold. Then there was a tap on her shoulder.
 
“I told you I would return to you somehow.”
 
“Haku. How did you get here, and how did you get away from Yubaba? Most importantly, how did you find me?”
 
“Well I-“
-----------------------------------------------------
 
Well this is short but I want to get too far into this story then no one reviews. So if I receive some encouraging reviews and a few of them, I'll defiantly continue.