Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Who says we're too young to love? ❯ Why? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, this chapter may be just a little boring. I just needed something to hold you guys off until I got to the JUICY bits. ^_^ Hope you enjoy! And remember to review!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 
“But you're going to miss everything.”
 
“That's fine with me.” Chihiro stated blankly.
 
Hiro looked over to Haku, his eyes glazed over with an intense hatred. `How dare he come and steal MY Chihiro. I've been waiting for the chance to be with her and he will not ruin this for me. That I promise you.'
 
Hiro broke his stare and walked away to join the rest of his peers.
 
“There's something about him,” Haku said quietly.
 
“Did you say something, Haku?”
 
“It's nothing.” Something about him just doesn't seem right. He's no ordinary person. I can feel his troubled aura.
 
“Haku, now that you're here where will you stay? In our time you're only about 17. That's not exactly old enough to live on your own. Not to mention you're not registered. You don't even exist. I guess we have a lot of work to do.”
 
“I hadn't even thought about any of that.”
 
Chihiro smiled. For once she could help him. He'd always help her constantly and saved her and now it was her turn to return the favor. “I have a plan.” She looked around for anyone who might be watching. “Do you still have your powers, Haku?”
 
“In a way. But they are limited as far as the time allowed for usage. I can only use them for short periods of time and when I do my whole body becomes weaker.”
 
“That doesn't sound too good but I think this'll work. I'm going to go in and tell my date that we have to go. We have to head for my house.”
 
Haku grabbed Chihiro's arm tenderly. She turned and for a slight second they were caught in a fiery gaze.
 
“That won't be necessary.” Haku said in a whisper. His words barely made it from his lips. His whole body trembled with the urge…the need to kiss her.
 
“Haku-“ Warm lips covered her own with their unwavering warmth. And gentle arms encircled her body, pulling her closer and filling her with this happiness that felt almost unreal. Her knees began to buckle as she was sucked into this new world that was beyond her own. Then a blue, almost godly light encircled them. Their bodies were lifted from the ground and finally the kiss was broken. Chihiro sat atop Haku's back. Her wine colored prom dress fell on either side and her hair blew wildly as they seamlessly floated.
 
“Haku- but I thought you said-“
 
“I know. But I couldn't pass up the chance to be with you. I didn't want anyone to ruin our moment.” Chihiro smiled and buried her face into his mane”
 
They flew for hours before finally going to Chihiro's home. Once their feet touched the ground Haku reverted to his normal form. Falling to his knees he heaved and panted uncontrollably. Droplets of sweat fell to the ground as he held his chest.
 
“Haku, Haku! What's wrong?”
 
Haku struggled to keep his eyes open but he lost the battle. His body went limp and he fell to the ground.
 
 
------------Next day----------
 
Haku awoke to the sun in his eyes and Chihiro lying by his bedside. She still wore her evening gown and her eyes were puffy and swollen. Her hair was spread haphazardly as she slept.
 
“Haku..please…don't die. Don't leave me. I love you, Haku. Please don't die. HAKU!!!”
 
Haku quickly jumped from his spot on the bed and began to hold Chihiro as she began to flail.
 
“What is going on here?” A woman asked, standing by the door. She had her hair pulled into a bun, a long robe tied tightly around her waist and lonely, tired eyes peeked out behind reading glasses that looked as though they would fall from her face.
 
“A think she's having a bad dream.”
 
She approached the bed and began to tap Chihiro softly.
 
“Chihiro, honey. Wake up, come on.” She said, rubbing her arm gently.
 
Chihiro's eyes fluttered before they opened widely. “M-mom.”
 
“It's okay, honey. It was just a bad dream.”
 
“Chihiro, are you okay now?”
 
“Haku. You're awake. I was so worried.” She said burying her head into his chest. “ I don't ever want you to do that again.”
 
Chihiro's mother cleared her throat abruptly. “Anyone mind telling me what is going on here and why an unconscious young man somehow appears out of no where?”
 
“Well, mom,” Chihiro said climbing from the bed. “It's a really long story and you probably wouldn't believe me anyway. But I just wanted to ask if Haku could stay for a while. He has no where to go.”
 
Chihiro's mother raised a skeptical eyebrow at her daughter but reluctantly agreed to allow Haku to stay. But under one condition. He slept in the guest room right next to her bedroom. After all she wasn't too keen on having two unrelated teenagers of the opposite sex living in the same house.
 
 
 
Chihiro sat motionless in the middle of her bed. So many thoughts were running through her mind that she could barely contain herself. She had never been so afraid in her life. For the second time she'd almost lost him. And that not only made her feel guilty, it also gave her this empty feeling inside.
 
Knock.
 
“Chihiro, may I have a word with you please?”
 
“Yes, come in.”
 
“So, are we feeling any better?”
 
“Yes. I'm feeling much better, thank you.”
 
“I'm glad. You know, I was worried about you.”
 
Chihiro laughed. “You were worried about me? I was more worried about you. It's not everyday that someone collapses on me.”
 
“Yes. I am sorry for that. I guess I used it for a little longer than I was supposed to.”
 
“What is causing this “shortage” anyway?”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
 
Well, this is going to have to be all for right now. Since I am using the school computers.