Star Ocean (All Series) Fan Fiction ❯ Far From a Fairytale ❯ Hear Me-Listen ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Hear Me-Listen
 
A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry about the long wait, school has drained me, and I had trouble writing up this chapter. It isn't all that good and it's really short, something that I am so sorry about, but it was meant to be a transition chapter anyway. Thanks to all of my reviewers. : )
 
(-)-(-)
 
Fayt felt Mirage push him away from the scene in front of him and towards the kitchen, Nel held Cliff in her clutches as well, Peppita and Maria and Adray walked behind. They could all sense the privacy of the moment between the two, thus, they would leave them alone.
 
Just the other day, when Fayt had seen that broken form of Sophia, her tears shed due to some false creation, in her mind, of not being strong enough-Fayt hated Albel-felt jealous of him. But, now, as he passed by the two, one desperately latched onto the other-he was unable to feel those emotions again. Why? Was it because he had noticed the change in Albel as well, sensed the silent plea of loneliness? Or could it be that, when the two of them stood there locked in a cold embrace, they looked like a stain glassed picture-pieced together in imperfection-one false move or one harsh word would make the whole moment shatter? Either way, they all knew that silence was of up most importance, thus, not a single sound was made as they moved.
 
Once they were all seated at the kitchen table, though Peppita took residence on the kitchen counter, with the door shut behind them-the questions and exclamations all came out like a flood gate-despite this though; they kept their voices to a low pitch. Who? Where? What? Why? How? Inquires bombarded Fayt and made his head spin. “All of you be quiet! Can't you see that you've all asked Fayt-chan too many questions in too short a time?” Peppita was the only one who hadn't asked any questions. Her legs swung back and forth as she sat-perched upon the dark blue counter top-her pigtails swung back and forth slightly.
 
“Peppita's right. We aren't going to get any valid answers if we keep shouting like this. I say that we go around the room and ask Fayt a question-I'll star…” The statement, which had come from Maria's mouth, was cut short by Peppita, “Nope.”
 
“What do you mean, `Nope', what else can we possibly do? This seems to be the most effective conclusion I can come up with that can pertain to everyone's queries.” A hint of annoyance was noted in Maria's voice.
 
“Fayt-chan won't have the answer to all of the questions that are going to be asked, but I do.” The young girl giggled and jumped down from her spot on the counter. Her feet made contact to the floor with an almost silent `thud'. “I'll tell you about the first time Sophia, Albel, and I had one of our little `chats'.” A smile played on her lips.
 
“I remember waking up in the middle of the night, Sophia had put me to sleep, and I wanted something sweet to snack on. So I headed down to the inn's kitchen, and I saw the two of them sitting at the table. Sophia was talking about her life on Earth and Albel wasn't saying a word. Then I walked in, Sophia stopped talking, I felt slightly embarrassed. But, I just said that I wanted something to eat, so, Albel threw an apple at me, told me to shut up, and then pointed to an empty seat in between him and Sophia. I sat down, ate my apple, and watched the scene in front of me.” Here Peppita paused for a second, with the need to catch her breath, for she spoke quickly.
 
She then continued the others wrapped up in her tale, “It seemed like they had met like that before, the way they both were so comfortable around each other, I kinda felt like an intruder. As time passed though, I met with them a few times a week, and we fell into a sort of ritual of sorts. Albel would only speak to Sophia at the beginning of our little get-togethers and at the end, yet, did argue a lot, with me, over some small and stupid things. But, he never said a word to Sophia when she told him of her life-nope-he just listened.” Peppita took a deep sigh, walked over to the kitchen door, peaked out and saw that Sophia and Albel were no longer there, and then skipped out.
 
The tale was met with silence, no outbursts and no questions, just a gentle hush. The others were all lost in their thoughts about what the dark skinned girl had told them, and Fayt couldn't help but come to one conclusion:
 
Through words Sophia had smashed Albel's cold defensive shell…
 
And, without any words at all, Albel replaced that omnipresent smile…
 
With a frown.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: Well, there is the end of the incredibly short chapter. Don't worry though, next chapter will be longer and the actual plot of this story makes itself known, along with how Adray ended up back with the group, I need to add a little humor now and then, right? Anyway, please tell me what you think of this chapter, even though, there really isn't that much to comment on… Until next time, ja ne! : D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-