Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Ocean 3 ❯ Chapter Two: Rescue ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

In retrospect, I offer you this link (with no rights to its contents) to reference the actual storyline, as I didn't feel like typing out all the things that they actually say as that would take FOREVER, so if you want to read the actual script, here you go: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/536705/32690
 
Chapter Two
Rescue
 
Once they reached Arias, they met with a woman named Clair in a mansion in the middle of town. Clair was more or less in charge of Arias, or the protection of it anyway. She seemed adequately capable, but Fayt wondered if it was enough. Looking at all the hopeful but frightened faces of the town, it was like watching something at the brink of ruin. He felt guilty looking at them, knowing that he might be able to help them. But then he thought of all the ordinary, frightened people in Kirlsa. They would be hurt if he helped this people. His stomach twisted in knots over the entire thing.
It was strange. War had always been something on television, or read about in books or news articles. He had never seen it like this. Amazing—there was such a difference twixt seeing something with his own eyes and watching something from thousands of light-years away. Seeing the people in Kirlsa and Arias had been so real. So different from seeing war refugees on a screen, even though this place was underdeveloped, the basic principles were still the same.
He didn't have much of an appetite. He wondered what had happened to those two girls with the wagon—Tynave and Farleen. He didn't have to wonder long, though. Clair was quick to brief everyone on the situation. They were being held at the training facility in Kirlsa, also having been a place of religious execution in the recent past. It was agreed that the terms of their release were unreasonable, as they wanted Fayt and Cliff for Tynave and Farleen. Clair had decided that it was not going to happen. It made Fayt sick to think that he could save them, and that the two were going to die because of him. Nel had a hard look on her face, as if she had quietly decided something, but never said a word of it. Fayt doubted that it was silent acceptance of the inevitable.
After the meeting was adjourned, Cliff went up to their room and Fayt followed in his wake. They inspected the lodgings to find that it was much better than Kirlsa. The room had a nice view, and the beds looked comfortable. Even Arias, so close to Kirlsa, was a softer land, more lush and green. The people too, were softer. They weren't hungry and they didn't look starved like the others had. He felt more comfortable here. It struck Fayt as eerily strange that the two towns were so close but so different.
Night was falling quickly. Fayt glanced at Cliff. So many strange things had happened lately. Why did he feel… was the word “attracted”? Why did he feel that way? Was that even right? “Cliff…” Fayt started. He glanced at the door. It was securely shut, but not locked. “About… about… I mean… in the mines…”
Cliff glanced back at him. “Yeah?”
Fayt's face turned red. Cliff almost smiled. The colouring actually looked good with his blue hair and eyes. It made him look… cute, actually. “I mean… Er… Oh…”
“You mean this?” Cliff leaned forward and kissed him again. Fayt's lips softened, yielding completely. What was happening? Cliff pulled away. “I just felt like kissing you.” He neglected to mention that it seemed strange to him too. Albeit, there was no use denying yourself urges. What was the point in that? He had never really felt attracted to a guy before, but he wasn't totally against the idea either.
There was just something attractive about the college kid. He was cute, sure, but there was something about his personality too. Perhaps it was the innocent air he portrayed. And he was so malleable! In truth, only one thing really bothered him and it was a bit superfluous: It was only that they were different species. But, their two species were very much alike in many ways, even if they weren't the same.
If it was possible, Fayt's face got redder. He looked like a tomato with blue hair. Cliff almost said so, but said blue-haired tomato began to speak. “Isn't it weird?” he demanded.
Cliff laughed aloud. “Only if you make it weird.”
“But isn't it? It couldn't get any weirder,” bemoaned Fayt.
The blonde's mind immediately dropped down into the deepest, darkest, dirtiest parts of “the gutter.” He could think of a lot of ways it could get “weirder.” As a matter of fact… Fayt seemed interested—mostly anyway. He had a few things he needed to get over, but he seemed pretty compliant. He kissed the boy again, pushing him against the wall. Fayt moaned against his mouth. He shuddered when the older man's hand roved over his body, touching the exposed skin and peeling back layers of clothing on what was not exposed. Fayt was panting by the time he was half-naked. Cliff started pulling down his soon-to-be uke's pants. Fayt regained himself and grabbed Cliff's wrists.
“We… we can't,” he protested, eyes wide and frightened. “There's people here What if… And… We're both guys… We can't… I mean, how would we…” Fayt sighed, flustered.
“I'll show you,” Cliff whispered in a voice that relaxed Fayt's grip on his wrists. “And don't worry about the people. If you can keep quiet, it won't be a problem.” He looked at Fayt's eyes. He saw fear, apprehension, nervousness and… Cliff smiled. Excitement. He tentatively hooked his fingers in Fayt's shorts. He waited a moment to test the other's reaction, but Fayt made no movement to stop him. To the contrary, he shuddered again. His breathing quickened.
Fayt stood before Cliff, completely naked, blushing slightly and feeling more than a little bit awkward. Cliff leaned down, trailing his tongue along Fayt's erection. Fayt moaned, trembling. He touched the inside of the kid's thigh with his fingertips. He seemed confused. He pushed gently. Still a little confused, Fayt spread his legs apart as indicated.
Fayt gasped in surprise at what Cliff did next. He squirmed uncomfortably. A sweat broke out on his brow. His jaw tightened. He had never even considered that an option. He was about to voice his protest, but the finger roved higher, deeper, and then out, then in again. He made a small, soft sound in the back of his throat that sounded almost like a purr. He arched his back, groaning, his arousal just rubbing against Cliff's body with their close proximity. Cliff couldn't stand it any more. His tongue darted out, wetting his lips in anticipation.
He removed his finger. Fayt sagged with the loss of it. The Klausian stripped off his clothes. Fayt had a fleeting moment of inferiority, but then Cliff picked him up in one strong arm. He put his back against the wall. With his other hand, Cliff positioned himself. “It's going to be a little rough. Be quiet, okay?” he whispered in his uke's ear. Fayt nodded. Cliff gently eased himself inside him, trying to be as gentle as he could with the Earthling. Fayt grimaced. His eyes watered. The entry hurt. Cliff held him, not pushing against him, but not pulling out either—just staying there. Slowly, Fayt breathed in deeply and relaxed. Seeing that Fayt had recovered, Cliff pushed more in to him, stopping when Fayt seemed like he was in a lot of pain. It occurred to Cliff that this might just be his first time. That pleased him. If he derived no more pleasure from the experience than that, that would be enough.
“Are you all right?” he asked Fayt. Fayt nodded and replied with nothing more than a soft moan. “I'm going to move a little harder, then, okay? Tell me if it hurts.”
He nodded against his shoulder, his arms wrapped around him, his legs pulling him tighter to him. He liked the way Cliff's chest felt against his bare flesh—all that hard muscle moving felt wonderful. He liked the way it felt to feel all the muscle flexing and relaxing; the movement sent a wave of delight through him, meeting the other wave of delight from what Cliff was doing to him, crashing together in an explosion of lust, passion, and pleasure. Fayt almost cried out loudly, but bit down on Cliff's shoulder. The blonde moaned gently.
They had to be quiet, or risk mortal embarrassment—maybe more.
Fayt squirmed, pushing himself against Cliff. He couldn't believe how good it felt. He had never thought that anything would feel like this. He had never even really thought this was possible. How could it be?
All his thoughts were swept away like seashells in the tide by another wave of pleasure. Cliff pushed Fayt harder against the wall, but not hard enough to make much noise. This should end soon. You never know if someone will walk in. He stilled himself for a moment. Fayt whined in protest, squirming against him, trying to move on him, but pinned in such a way, it was difficult. Good—watching him was pleasing. Cliff slammed hard in to him. Fayt opened his mouth, but choked back his voice—silently screaming. Again, and again.
“I'm… I'm going to…” Fayt stammered nervously, his face flushed, sweat dripping down his brow.
“Just a little longer,” Cliff pressed.
Fayt looked at him. He wasn't sure if it was possible to hold out any longer, but he would try. “I'll try,” he gasped. It was enough. A few more thrusts, a few more caresses, a number of passionate kisses, and it was over. They were both sticky with sweat, saliva, and other things; their hair askew and bodies trembling with the exertion. Cliff panted. Fayt gasped, trying to catch his breath.
His eyes suddenly snapped open wide. “You're falling out… It's… running… down my…” Fayt's face reddened at what he heard himself saying, and he made a noise that indicated his distress.
Cliff nodded. “Hold on.” He set Fayt down on the floor. Fayt's legs almost gave out, but he managed stay on his feet. He cringed, feeling the evidence of their embrace running down his legs. His toes curled in discomfort.
“Cliff…!” Fayt whined. Cliff threw him a towel from the supply in the washbasin table. Fayt used it to clean off the semen running out of him, twitching slightly every time more of it ran out as it wasn't the most pleasant of feelings. Cliff had another towel and was cleaning himself up. After Fayt finished, he set the towel down in a small empty basket he assumed was for dirty towels. Cliff handed him a second towel, this one damp. He ran it quickly over his body, getting rid of most of the sweat and grime. He truly wanted a real bath, but this would have to do. He longed for some soap. He spotted a bar at the washbasin and all but ran to it. He scrubbed himself down twice and rinsed with the towel. Cliff was getting dressed again, as if it had never happened.
They retired to separate beds.
In the morning, Fayt looked nervously at Cliff, who was already awake and washing his face. He wondered if it was just a fluke—like maybe he would pretend it never happened. That one moment of doubt was shattered when Cliff looked back at him. He never said anything, but he didn't need to, as the lust in his eyes was evident to Fayt. Pleased, he slid out of bed, feeling a little sore, but not unpleasantly so. In fact, the soreness actually felt good, because with every ache and with every pleasing stretch that brought relief to the ache, he remembered why it was sore. He stretched and washed his face when Cliff stepped aside. Cliff gave Fayt a quick kiss before he departed from the room, a troubled look on his face.
Fayt wondered what was wrong. He followed him after he washed his face and dressed. The water had been sitting out all night, but it was better than nothing. He walked out of the room. I wonder where Nel is.
He knocked on her door. Not getting an answer, he said, “I'm coming in.” He opened the door. Cliff was standing in there, alone. He looked back at Fayt. “Where's Nel?” the Earthling wondered.
Cliff shook his head. “Let's ask Clair.”
They headed down the stairs and to the conference room. Clair looked anxious about something. When Fayt asked about Nel, she at first tried to tell them that she had other duties to attend to. Neither Fayt nor Cliff bought it, so Clair caved and told them the truth—that Nel had gone to Kirlsa Training Facility by herself on a brave but futile rescue mission.
The general conclusion was that Cliff and Fayt were going in after her. Clair left it to them and they headed back to Kirlsa.
Past Kirlsa was the training facility. Its gates were even open and poorly guarded. It was a trap, and a more obvious, mocking trap, Fayt had never heard of. They walked right in to it knowingly.
The facility was a big building, and a lot of places looked the same. They found an elevator sort of thing, but it was locked. Later on, they found a set of stairs leading to the second floor.
Fayt groaned after they had made a complete circle back to the stairs. “All these rooms look alike!” he moaned, leaning his head irritably against the wall. How long had they been searching this place only to come up empty-handed? “Where could Nel have gone?”
Cliff scowled. “Don't give up like that. There were some rooms we passed that we didn't go in to. There's probably another set of stairs in there. Let's go look.” Fayt cast him a dubious glance, but otherwise said nothing. Eventually, they found another set of stairs leading up. They didn't find anything of interest immediately, but they found a kitchen. A giggling, flirtatious girl gave Fayt her spare key to the elevator for being “cute.” Never mind what he was there to do. Fayt wondered, vaguely, if she had been told to do that. He felt like a snare was slowly springing around him. It shouldn't be this easy.
Eventually, they found Nel, and just in time. She was cornered by a group of guards. In came the cavalry, and they defeated them. They headed down to the elevator, as none of the prison cells here contained either Tynave or Farleen. They must be more heavily guarded. There was no place left but upstairs.
Fayt wasn't too comfortable about getting in to such a device as the elevator, but there was no choice to be had. It would be too easy to ambush them. The top floor, only one escape route—the elevator… It screamed “trap.” But they couldn't abandon the two either, not if they were this close already. So, they went.
The top floor had a short hallway and opened up to the roof, which was an open area. Tynave and Farleen were at the far side, restrained against a turret in a spread-eagle position. They screamed in hoarse voices for them to run, that it was a trap, but they already knew that.
“They're coming!”
So they were. It was a pompous official, someone of the Black Brigade that had its base at this facility. No one of real import, but the guy deserved the inevitable smack-down when Nel, Fayt, and Cliff defeated them.
Nel let her subordinates down and they ushered them toward the door. A voice stopped them. They turned around. Nel's eyes widened. Fayt recognized it as apprehension. Her hand trailed back to her weapons. Fayt looked up at the figure. At first, he thought it was a girl, but the voice was distinctly male. That, and he had no breasts. But what man wears a skirt? Not only that, but a purple skirt with gold trim and red lining and a slit that goes all the way up the side, exposing quite a bit of leg? In fact, if the skirt were a little bit shorter, or a breeze happened by… He really had attractive legs... for a guy.
Nel identified him as the captain of the Black Brigade, the best swordsman in Airyglyph—Albel Nox. Cliff had a comment or two about that coupled with the man's attire, but he thought better of saying it aloud. He looked like a stuck-up jackass, and he talked like one too. In the end, though, he let them go, claiming that he “had no interest in trouncing weaklings” and stalked off.
Cliff looked like he wanted to rip his head off and stick it on a pike, or maybe something worse. Fayt's blood was boiling too, but now wasn't the time. Instead, they took what they got, and made their escape back to Arias. Nel confessed that she was glad he had no interest in fighting with them. Fayt took that as a sign that maybe the guy really was as good as he bragged.
Tynave and Farleen more or less went straight to the doctor. The other three went to see Clair. She was relieved at their success. She looked like she had been worried the entire time they were gone.
However, now, they needed to head to Aquios. It was getting late in the day, though, so they stayed one more night and made the journey in the morning.
That night, Fayt climbed in bed with Cliff, hungry for more of what had happened the night before. Cliff obliged him gladly. Silently, the two bodies intertwined, making a mess of the blankets. It didn't last long; they had another long day ahead of them after all, but it was fulfilling and they were still sticky and hot afterwards. Fayt cleaned himself off and Cliff did so after. Fayt fell back in to his own bed, smiling softly to himself. Cliff ruffled his hair on his way by, but otherwise said nothing.
The Earthling was still understandably worried about his parents and Sophia, but that couldn't stop him from experiencing a little joy in life.
In the morning, they set out again. The countryside in Aquaria, compared to Airyglyph, was a literal feast for the eyes. It was luscious and green and teeming with life. Airyglyph had been a perfect opposite. After his experience at the Training Facility, he decided that it fit the nature of the people there, whereas the beauty of Aquaria seemed to fit the people here. He wondered if it was the place that shaped them, or they that shaped to the place.
The next town they reached was a trading town called “Paterny.” Nel said she had some business to attend to and Cliff wandered off to explore. Fayt did likewise, but on his own.
There was a place here that surprised him, though: A guild for inventors. Fayt talked with the receptionist for a while and decided to sign up. Excitedly, she gave him the run-down on the entire guild and the workshops in every town. She also gave him a communicator. Fayt could only stare at it for quite some time. He had not been expecting something that advanced on this planet. It looked pretty primitive compared to his, but for this place… it was so advanced that it almost made him uncomfortable accepting it. Perhaps he would unravel that mystery later.
He headed back to the town square. He didn't see Nel or Cliff anywhere. He sighed and sat on the church steps to wait for him. A girl greeted him. She shocked him, because she looked just like Sophia, but her real name was “Ameena. They stopped and talked for a time, before Cliff and Nel showed up together. Cliff teased him a bit, but Fayt got the idea that he was a bit jealous, which pleased him a little.
The girl excused herself. Fayt fingered the pendant she had given him. A good luck charm, she had said. He wondered about the girl's cold. She had done nothing but cough since she had sat down to talk to him. He hoped that she was all right.
Everyone was hungry and footsore, so they stopped at the outdoor café for lunch. Fayt wasn't very hungry, and had a few bites out of a piece of pie before he excused himself. He went for a walk while the other two ate. The girl said her name was “Ameena.” Was she really okay? More than that, it was so strange that she looked so much like Sophia.
Sophia… He hoped that she was all right.
He walked down a street and heard two women speaking in high spirits. Their voices drifted through an open window. He couldn't see inside because of the drapes, but one of the voices was Ameena's. Of that, he was certain. He looked at the small house it was coming from. It had a flower garden in the little yard, and seemed homey. He knocked on the door and poked his head inside. “Hello?” he wondered.
Ameena seemed happy to see him again. The other woman was apparently her middle-aged neighbour. There was a string of flowers sitting out on the table, and they told him about the nature of the flowers. “String a thousand of them together and the goddess will grant a wish.” Ameena had several wishes. The wishing charm seemed to Fayt that it probably wasn't too likely to really work but it was important to keep hope alive. He wished her luck on completing her project and bid her goodbye.
When Fayt got back to see Nel and Cliff, Nel had wandered off again.
“Someone came up and talked to her, and she decided that we'd stay the night here,” Cliff explained.
Fayt sighed. “Nel is really busy, isn't she?”
Cliff shrugged a shoulder. “She's an important woman, I guess. She said there's an inn on the west side of town and she secured lodgings for us.”
Fayt nodded. “Let's go see it then.” He glanced at the sky. The horizon was darkening. They really had been out all day. It was probably better to stay here than keep going anyway. The two “illegal aliens” walked to the inn. Fayt told Cliff about the inventor's guild and showed him the communicator. Cliff had the same suspicions that Fayt did, but neither of them could explain why it was so hi-tech for this society. It really was a mystery.
They discussed a few ideas about it, but none of the ideas they had led to anything. The most they could really say about it was “I don't know.”
Nel showed up some time later, looking weary. She bid them goodnight and went to a separate room.
Fayt almost requested another sexual experience with Cliff, but said Klausian was already asleep. He sighed deeply and kicked off his shoes. Fine. He turned down the wick on the lamp and climbed in to bed himself. It had been another long day. His muscles were a bit sore from all the traveling anyway, and once he laid down, he didn't want to move either. Needless to say, he slept well, but thoughts troubled him, slipping in to dreams. Sophia, his parents, Ameena too. His dreams of late seemed to be trying to warn him of something. But what? Were they all in danger?
Despite his dreams, he woke feeling rested. They were just dreams, after all.
After a light breakfast, they headed out of the inn. Nel was telling them about the rest of the trip to Aquios, but a woman outside cut her off.
“Thank goodness!” It was the woman he had met at Sophia's house. She informed him that, out picking flowers in the forest, Sophia had collapsed and was unconscious. The woman obviously wasn't strong enough to carry her, so had come back for help. Fayt volunteered to go by himself but Cliff and Nel had none of it. That decided, the three took off for the forest. Nel told them about how the forest, as of late, was infested with a group of bandits known as “Moon Shadow.”
In the forest, they met a small fairy in need of water. Fayt left to get her some from one of the springs. Afterward, she told them about how some of the trees had warped in to monsters. Cliff's solution to the problem was mindless violence—aka, burning the trees down. The fairy had a simpler plan, and that was to kill only the monster-trees and not the entire forest. Considering that they were inside the forest, this seemed like a good idea. The fairy came with them as their guide.
They traveled through the forest, looking for Sophia. There was a shack in a small clearing. They decided to investigate it, in case the bandits had found her and they put her inside. It was unguarded, but why would they need to guard it? No one came this way. However, what was inside wasn't worth rescuing—a Menodix child, and a real brat at that. His name was Roger.
For some reason, when Fayt heard his voice he thought of an old television show. (Author's note: Kudos to anyone who gets that!)
Bandits came in shortly after. Roger “ordered” the mixed-race trio to attack. They sighed and beat up the bandits with no problems. Nel freed the child. He begged to be brought with them, claiming that he “knew the forest.” In exchange, if they found the bandit leader, they were to kill him and take a certain item from him. Roger wanted the item to “prove he was a real man.” He then told them about a contest with another child from the Sanmite Republic to steal the item… which explained how the kid ended up locked in a cage. Nel decided to bring the obnoxious brat with them if it meant that they could get through the forest faster.
Upon leaving the shack, the bandit leader appeared—and he was a pretty evil-looking guy. Nel dispatched him like she would any menace to Aquaria. Roger collected his item with glee and thanked Nel, and grudgingly thanked the other two as well, as they had helped out.
They eventually found Ameena deep inside the forest, past a foggy area in a field of flowers. They escorted her back to Paterny and made sure she got home safely. Nel got her a doctor and took care of the bill by calling a favour, as the doctor was one of her subordinates.
Listening to Ameena and then to her neighbour about how the war had torn apart Ameena's family, leaving her by herself and separated from her childhood friend, Fayt made the decision to help Nel. The killing, the bloodshed, and the heartache had to stop. Nel was delighted. Cliff seemed to almost have expected it.
Fayt bid his friend goodbye to Ameena and they headed to Aquios.