Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Ocean 3 ❯ Chapter Four: Solution ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Four
Solution
 
When Fayt awoke, they were back in Aquios. Cliff and Nel briefed him on what had transpired. With the Vendeeni attack, both sides of the war had many casualties so the invasion was halted as each tended their wounded and regrouped.
Fayt asked about Dion. His wounds were bad and they didn't have any way to treat them. The Earthling paled. What about Ameena? He had promised her to bring Dion back safely—and now this happens! All because of him…
The blue-haired youth rushed to see Dion, despite his aching body. He had to see him. His promise to Ameena haunted him. But how could he ever have expected this to happen? No, that was an excuse. It was his fault. His fault
The doctor tending him had nothing but bad news. Dion was in grave danger… but Fayt knew that. He was only surprised that Dion was still alive now. He had to bring Ameena to him—quickly.
Without thinking, without giving a thought to himself, he rushed all the way out of the castle to the inn. He stopped briefly outside of the inn to catch his breath. Cliff followed Fayt and Nel stayed in Dion's room.
“Fayt, there's nothing you can do,” he reminded him.
Fayt looked up at Cliff. “But Ameena… I promised her that he'd come back safely. Now… Now he's…” He swallowed back the lump rising in his throat.
“She's not much better,” Cliff reminded him. “Moving her could kill her. You heard what the doctor said.”
Fayt glanced back at the castle. “She wanted to see her friend.” He didn't want to say it aloud, but he also knew that Ameena was dying too. He charged upstairs to her room. She looked so much like Sophia…
Mirage was watching over her, as she had been for days. Mirage gave Fayt the same warning that Cliff had, but once Fayt told Ameena about Dion, she demanded to go. Would Sophia be the same way?
Cliff and Fayt supported Ameena as she walked. They offered to carry her, but she wanted to walk, on her own two feet, like she had for so long. Fayt sighed. Why had it come to this?
Fayt knew that something terrible was going to happen, in the way she walked, in how it was all she could do to keep going. This can't end well, he thought. He just couldn't picture her becoming well anymore. At one point, he had hoped… But now?
It was a struggle for her to make it up the stairs. She protested, but Cliff ended up carrying her. He set her down at the top of the stairs and they helped her to Dion's room.
The scene that transpired nearly broke Fayt's heart. There was a brief reunion, a shared prayer, and they both died, their bodies no longer capable of supporting his wounds or her disease.
They had finally reunited, they had seen each other again. What would have happened if not for the war? If not for the Vendeeni? The Vendeeni had come for Fayt. So… what would have happened if… not for him?
They had their whole lives ahead of them. Why now? Why did they have to die now? Would they have been happy together? Would they have gotten married? Had children? Could Ameena have gotten better if only she had stayed in bed instead of coming to see Dion? That last question stuck with Fayt. He thought about how awful she had looked, how sick. No. She never would have gotten better. His heart fell.
Why? He vented his frustrations with a single, solitary wail. He hung his head. He felt like they were suffering because of him. As if… could he have done something? The Vendeeni had come for him. So… if not for him…
He walked silently back to his guest room. He sat down heavily, seeing nothing but Ameena and Dion. The other dead people littered his thoughts—all the people who had died because of the Vendeeni attack… It was all because of him. Nameless faces drifted by his mind's eye.
Cliff tried to cheer him up as best he could, to tell him that it wasn't his fault. Fayt knew better. Nel asked him what the Vendeeni were. It's natural that she would want to know. She needed to know. A soldier came, alerting them to trouble—another Vendeeni ship. Her Majesty, the Queen Aquaria XXVII, came, also curious about the Vendeeni. When Nel told her that she needed to hide somewhere safe, she replied, in her regal manner, that no where was truly safe right now.
It was a sentiment that Fayt shared. The Vendeeni had tracked him to Hyda, to Vanguard, and now to Elicoor. Nowhere was safe, was it?
The Vendeeni, though, were coming to attack again. They rushed to the White Dew Garden. There was nothing they could do, but it was natural to want to look at your fate before it befell you.
No one knew what to do. This planet didn't have the technology to fight them. It would be a massacre. Desperate to do what he could, Fayt made a decision. “I'll give myself up, then they'll leave,” he said quietly, resignedly. What did they want with him, anyway? It didn't matter. If he could save these people by doing that, he would—even if it meant suffering through whatever the Vendeeni wished him to suffer through.
Mirage and Cliff argued with him. A part of him knew that they were right. But he also knew that he was right. He looked at Cliff's eyes for a brief moment. There was another reason Cliff didn't want him to give himself up. Fayt knew why. A longing in him stirred, but when he looked up at the battleship, it quickly died as if it had never been.
Just when they thought that all hope was lost, another ship came—this one brought relief to Mirage and Cliff's eyes. Fayt realized that it must be their leader at last. The other ship—the Diplo—fired at the Vendeeni ship. The two ships each took some degree damage, but the Diplo escaped. The other, however, crashed to the earth, broken.
A person was transported down before the Diplo was out of range. Everyone turned to look at the person. It was an Earthling girl with blue hair, like Fayt's. Mirage and Cliff seemed to know her and greeted her with familiarity.
Fayt began to get an inkling of who this girl was. Still, she was a lot younger than he had been expecting. He had also thought that she would be a Klausian, like everyone else from Cliff's organization. It still came as a surprise, though, when she was officially announced as Maria Traydor, leader of Quark.
Even more surprising was that she seemed to know every detail of Fayt's life—like his favourite sport, the position he played, his parents. Her only explanation to knowing so much about him was that she had “done some research.” He wondered what else she knew. It made him feel… uncomfortable, to say the least.
Cliff, Mirage, Maria, and Fayt all adjourned to the conference room to speak amongst themselves before taking an audience with the Queen of Aquaria to explain what was going on.
The things Maria had to say were all a bit much for Fayt to try to believe. First, she told him that his father, a brilliant symbological geneticist, had been captured by the Vendeeni. It made him a bit crestfallen, but, in a way, it wasn't the worst outcome. He had survived Hyda, after all. But what of his mother? He had known from before that this had happened, but having it confirmed by someone with access to better technology and thus was more up-to-date was troubling. Not only that, she told him that Sophia had been captured as well. He paled at that, but it still wasn't all she had to say.
She told him that his father had genetically modified a living human being. Not only one, but two human beings. It was an illegal art, forbidden by the Federation. How could he believe that his father could do such a thing? But, it wasn't only that she claimed he did; she also claimed to have been a test subject.
Naturally, Fayt wanted proof of that. Maria gave it to him. She threw her power out at a set of three vases. One, she shielded, and the other two she broke when she shot them with her gun. The shielded one was unharmed. She said that it was the power to manipulate the structure of matter. It was unbelievable, but… there it was. It suddenly occurred to Fayt that she had just destroyed ornamental vases in the castle—hereby breaking someone else's belongings. He had the idea, though, that no one would notice for a while; there were more important matters at hand.
Then… Then she told him the most unbelievable thing she had yet to say—and she had said a lot of pretty outstanding stuff. She wasn't the only test subject. One other came before her—Fayt Leingod himself. Fayt's head swam with the idea. How could that be? He still couldn't believe that though. He trusted his father. Why would his father use him as a guinea pig in an experiment? How horrible!
However, he decided that he didn't have to believe her to help her rescue his father and Sophia. Each had their motives—Fayt because he cared about them, and Maria because she had questions for Dr. Leingod.
As it happened, Nel was listening at the door. It wasn't surprising; she had, after all, demanded answers and she wasn't the type to sit quietly and wait.
Maria explained that the Diplo was in orbit, awaiting a time to transport them up. The trouble was, again, the Vendeeni. The Diplo couldn't get close enough and they didn't want to risk a confrontation. The ideal situation would be to create a diversion from the ground… but with the planet's technology, it just didn't seem possible. Mirage suggested Aquaria's runological weapons, like the unused Thunder Arrow. But how could they achieve the range they needed? Besides, it wasn't their weapon to use as they pleased. Nel offered to ask her queen if they could use it. Fayt's heart lightened. If they could pull this off…
They spoke with the queen and told her what was going on—about the Vendeeni, and the battle ships. Understandably, she had trouble believing it, but did her best to do so graciously. Her magistrate, Lasselle, wasn't convinced, but Fayt was getting the idea that he couldn't be convinced of much unless it was his idea first—but Aquaria XXVI placed her trust in the alien's truth. She gave them permission to use the Thunder Arrow.
Fayt almost grinned. Hope was in sight—and maybe another step toward rescuing his father and Sophia. But there was still one last problem—the range of the weapon. He wondered how they could possibly fix that mess.
 
*For the sake of not rewriting a bunch of useless crap that you can get in the game, please either play your game after this point, or read this script that I again claim no rights to: [http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/536705/32690] until they come back from the whole Sacred Orb thing and discuss what to do about the Thunder Arrow's range.
 
Fayt trudged up the stairs. He felt exhausted. All the running around—the Shrine had been a very large place—the fighting, more running around… They had brought little supplies with them, and he was hungry too. And exhausted. The last time he had slept, it was only because he had fainted on the battlefield, and that hadn't left him feeling rested. He wondered vaguely how he had gotten out of that situation. He realized that Cliff must have carried him.
He really needed a good night's sleep. Maria and Nel marched ahead of him at the forefront, and Cliff was two feet ahead of him to the left. He concentrated on not falling back down the stairs. They were almost to the castle, after all. As a matter of fact, there was morning light shining through the windows of the cathedral. He groaned. Morning—already? They really had been up all night. He was ready to hit the sack.
Cliff looked back at him. “You all right, kid?” he asked him. “You're falling behind a little. Come on, we're almost there.”
Fayt took a deep breath, then another. He rubbed his eyes with his knuckles. He nodded. “Yeah. Coming.” His tired gaze fell to Cliff's legs, then trailed up to his buttocks. His eyes rested there a moment—Cliff had an excellent figure—and up to his back. He could see all of Cliff's muscles flexing when he moved. If he weren't so tired, it might have aroused him. As it was, he was a bit glad it didn't. His eyes flickered up to Maria and Nel, who were chatting casually, as if they weren't tired at all. They were both strong people. He needed to become stronger. Why was he always surrounded by people who could take such brutal conditions as of late? He reminded himself that Maria had probably gotten more rest than the others had.
All the same, he could feel his muscles aching and toning. He was getting a little less soft and a little stronger—bit by bit.
The light up ahead lent speed to his feet and he hurried after the girls. Nel led the way up to the throne room to report. Everyone looked tired, he realized, and hungry. Nevertheless, with Nel, duty came far before comfort, and they followed her lead. The idea of a good night's sleep excited Fayt more than Cliff's defined body did right now. His stomach growled, reminding him of his lack of food. Or maybe a good meal. He dismissed the idea. He would sleep better without the meal.
They told the queen of their success, and then moved on to a more difficult topic of discussion—what to do about the Thunder Arrow. Fayt had been thinking about it for some time, and no matter how he did the math and the physics work, he couldn't find a way to make it achieve the range they required. The queen had a suggestion that no one else had even ever considered—cooperation with Airyglyph. The Glyphians had a means to take the weapon in to the sky. It would eliminate the problem with the range.
It was decided that Nel and Cliff would journey to Airyglyph to deliver a personal letter from Aquaria XXVII to the current king of Airyglyph. Fayt bit his lip in worry. Cliff and Nel were strong, but what if something bad happened to them on the way? He didn't like that idea. The queen prepared the letter immediately and the two left as soon as she had finished it. The ink barely had time to dry. He chided himself—of course they would be fine.
Elena, the runological researcher in charge of the Thunder Arrow, hurried to complete the weapon. Mirage went to help her. That left Fayt and Maria with little to do. Maria requested that they talk outside. She wanted to tell him her story. He went with her outside. They watched the peaceful mountain scene and Maria told him of how she became Quark's leader. The entire tale—from losing the people she thought were her parents to getting picked up by none other than Cliff and Mirage in her escape pod, up to nearly getting killed by a Federation ship before Maria's powers manifested and she destroyed the ship—seemed pretty outrageous. But that seemed to be the story of Maria's life—from one insane stunt to another. Besides, with all that was going on, he wasn't one to judge.
He yawned. “I'm going to get some sleep, Maria. Why don't you too?” he said.
She nodded. “I guess I'm tired as well.” They walked together to the guest rooms. Maria took the empty bed in Mirage's room and Fayt went to sleep. It was morning, but he was so tired that he slept until dinner time. He went out in the city with Maria to get something to eat. It made him anxious waiting for Nel and Cliff to get back. Maria was unfettered by it.
Fayt found himself looking at the sky frequently. What would they do if another ship attacked? Instead of worrying about it, though, he tried to stay positive. Easier said than done. He went to check on Mirage and Elena's progress. They were doing well, it seemed, and progress was smooth. Only one thing really bothered him. The air dragons were big, but were they big enough for this? The machine wasn't enormous, but it wasn't small either. Maybe they had a larger air dragon that could do this.
Around noon the next day, Cliff and Nel returned. They looked more than a little exhausted, but they were hopeful and in high spirits. The king had decided upon a neutral place for the meeting to take place in. Unfortunately, it was a less than hospitable place as well—the Ruins of Mosel, in the Mosel Dunes. Nel told Fayt that it was a hot, dry desert. Fayt sighed. While the people from Airyglyph could fly, they had to walk there. Nice.
They would leave in the morning, after Cliff and Nel got some rest. The two left immediately for their rooms. Fayt took a walk with Maria. Neither spoke much, but they considered the Vendeeni, and hoped that they would hold off. They needed more time.
By nightfall, Fayt went to bed. Cliff was dead asleep and seemed a little comatose at that. Fayt sighed. He had wanted… Well, it was better to let him sleep. Still…
He walked over to him and pressed his lips against Cliff's. Cliff's eyes slid open and a lazy smile spread across his face. “Oh, I didn't mean to wake you,” Fayt stammered. “I…”
“Don't worry `bout it,” Cliff said with a yawn. He stretched and sat up. “I've been asleep for quite a while.”
Fayt breathed out a wispy sigh. “You ready for tomorrow then?”
“Nah… Not yet.” Fayt looked back at Cliff. He started to say something, but Cliff pulled him down on top of him. In moments, Fayt was naked, his discarded clothes littering the floor like autumn leaves in a forest. He realized that Cliff was already naked under the blankets. Cliff yanked the blankets off of him, keeping Fayt pressed close to him. He scooted to the edge of the bed, a lusty look in his eyes that made Fayt moan with anticipated excitement. Fayt nibbled Cliff's ear, bit his neck lightly, and licked his lower lip. Cliff's roving hands explored the dips and curves of Fayt's smaller body. He lifted the boy, hovering him over himself.
The Earthling suddenly shook his head. “It'll hurt if we do it like that.” He smiled, his sexual appetite plain in the look. “Let me help.” Cliff felt a shiver of excitement roll down his spine like rain. Fayt… helping—he liked that idea. The boy climbed off of the Klausian and got down on his hands on knees in front of him. He took him in to his mouth, sliding his wet tongue along the long, thick appendage. He lathered it with his saliva until it was dripping. He cupped Cliff's testicles, massaging them in one hand. The other hand, he used in conjunction with his mouth what he could not fit inside. His eyes watered when he felt Cliff's cock scrape the back of his throat. He gagged a little. Cliff moaned, his fingers wrapping in Fayt's hair. The kid was a fast learner. To think, he had been a virgin not long ago. And now… Now he was becoming a fantastic and eager lover.
Fayt slowly pulled away, giving a last sucking kiss to the head. He licked off the pre-cum with just as much delight as a child with an icecream cone. He straddled his seme and lowered himself onto the lathered appendage. Entrance was easier that way. Cliff groaned, pushing against Fayt. Fayt squirmed, then pushed all the way down, sheathing Cliff inside him. Fayt shuddered. Cliff grabbed the boy's hips, supporting him. He pushed against him. Fayt slid on him, against him, feeling Cliff sliding inside him. He arched his back, moving his hips, grinding against Cliff. Hot, sticky kisses kept them locked together. Their bodies moved, aware of only one another and at times, only the other. Fayt lost himself. His memories faded away. His worries faded away. Even tomorrow, today—that was all gone. The world—the entire universe… It was all gone.
There was nothing but passion, nothing but pleasure. Nothing but the feel of Cliff's sweat-slicked body against his own and in his own. Cliff's tongue slid against his teeth. He opened his mouth, allowing access. Cliff explored that damp cavern thoroughly. Fayt groaned. Cliff grabbed on to Fayt and pulled them both back, the Klausian lying on his back, looking up at Fayt. Fayt writhed on top of him, sliding on his sweat, pre-cum dripping from his erection.
Some amount of time passed—first slowly, then quickly, then nothing at all—time froze for one moment when Cliff penetrated deep inside him, brushing a spot that made the universe a dull, boring place in comparison.
Cliff could stand it no longer. His fingers locked around Fayt's waist. He rolled with him. Fayt gasped in pleasant surprise. His legs wrapped around Cliff's hips, his fingers locking on his slick shoulders.
Wave after wave of pleasure engulfed them, and then they were drowning in it. Cliff felt a brief moment of sorrowful bliss. Bliss—because it felt wonderful, but sorrowful because he had to hold back or possibly hurt Fayt terribly. Cliff was, after all, Klausian—and they were known for being lovers of high stamina, not to mention forceful and a little rough. There had been incidents—long ago—when a Klausian had killed their Earthling lover by accident. It was no less fulfilling for holding back though.
It ended in white-hot bliss, sweat-soaked, in messy sheets, tangled in the blankets and in each other's dirty limbs. They panted, trying to remember how to breathe again. Their bodies slowed down. Their breathing steadied, then they looked at each other wordlessly.
“I think the sheets are ruined,” Fayt commented. Cliff laughed.