Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Ocean 3 ❯ Chapter Fourteen: Conversion ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sorry my updates haven't been as on-time as usual. I'm getting in a sort of flump. I WILL finish this though. However, next week, instead of updating, I'm going to focus on editing and revising the previous chapters as well as work on the next couple chappies.
 
So I said I would make up for my CliffxAlbel fangirl-ism and here it is:
 
Chapter Fourteen
Conversion
 
Albel stood watching Fayt for a good long time. Fayt was silent when he cried, but his shoulders were shaking and his body trembled every now and then. He switched the light off and paused, watching him. He had cried himself to sleep. Should he just leave it be for now? No. This was a good opportunity; he shouldn't let it go to waste.
He kneeled by the edge of the couch, biding his time and waiting until Fayt fell in to a deeper sleep. A wispy sigh escaped from Fayt's lips followed by a groan. He thrashed his legs briefly and kicked the blanket off of his face. He rolled over slightly. He looked like he had been crying; his eyes were puffy and red. There was an eyelash stuck to his face from rubbing his eyes. Albel supposed it was actually a good thing. It meant that the little act got to him. Maybe this would be simpler than he had thought.
Nel had been more concerned about Cliff than Fayt. Perhaps she was right about that. Fayt was younger and more malleable.
Fayt turned his head from side to side. Having a nightmare? Albel leaned back, quietly pulling off his gauntlet. It would get in the way. He set it down and looked back at Fayt. He still was sleeping only fitfully. Albel took off his shoes and poked Fayt's nose experimentally. His nose wrinkled and he turned away, but his eyes stayed closed. Good.
Albel wriggled his fingers and then his hands underneath Fayt. Fayt twisted slightly, but still didn't rise. He held his breath and pushed his arms under him too. The Earthling sighed, rolled again, and stilled. Slowly, carefully, the Glyphian lifted him off of the couch. In a way, it was beneficial that there was only one bed and a sofa. The blanket slipped to the floor.
Fayt stirred briefly and he froze mid-stride. Don't wake up!
Fayt's eyes fluttered, then he stilled, leaning his head toward Albel's chest. He smiled contentedly in his sleep, the nightmare calmed. That, more than anything, confirmed it for Albel. Fayt really didn't want their relationship to end, no matter what he had said earlier.
Very gently, he laid Fayt down in the bed. Fayt groaned unhappily once Albel set him down. Unhappy to be away from him? He hoped so.
He slid in to bed with Fayt, pulling him over to him. Fayt stirred and very nearly woke, then calmed, sighed, and snuggled into the blankets. Albel closed his eyes. What to do? He really wanted to wake him. But would Fayt get angry if he did? Would he just throw a fit and go back on the couch?
Well, he imagined that Fayt would be none too pleased when he woke up in bed with Albel anyway. Maybe it would be better if he woke now…
Albel leaned down toward him and softly kissed his lips. Fayt kissed him back automatically, and his eyes opened slowly. When he realized what was going on, his eyes snapped open wide in surprise.
“Albel!” he cried. He shot upright, realizing that he was not where he had fallen asleep. “What… Why'd you move me?” And why, oh why, am I in bed with you? He thought of what he had overheard earlier. So Nel hadn't been enough for him?
He didn't say anything, mostly because the truth was sort of difficult for him. He wanted Fayt to be in bed with him. And Fayt had looked uncomfortable on the couch anyway. “Be quiet.” He sat up and pushed Fayt back down on to the bed. Fayt struggled against him and might have won had Albel not shifted over him and crushed him to the bed.
Don't you have Nel? Leave me alone,” Fayt said bitterly.
“Nel?” Albel wondered quizzically. He had temporarily forgotten about the woman, then recalled what Fayt had overheard earlier. “Oh. That.”
“Yes, `that'!” he cried. “So leave me alone!”
Albel silenced his screaming with another kiss. “I told you to `be quiet.'”
Fayt looked mournful. “But why do you want me? That's not fair, Albel,” he snapped. “You have Nel too, don't you?”
Albel smiled. “No.”
The Earthling frowned in confusion. “But… No, I heard you…”
Albel kissed him affectionately. “What you `heard' was an act.” He ran his fingers along Fayt's chest, toying with the zipper on his shirt. “To get you to stop eavesdropping. Nothing more.”
“Then… what were you doing in Nel's room?”
“What do you do when you go to Sophia's room?”
Fayt blinked. “Well, we just talk…”
“Precisely.” He unzipped Fayt's shirt.
Fayt grabbed Albel's wrists in both hands, pulling them away from him. “We agreed to stop this!” he cried desperately. “Albel…!”
“No,” Albel hissed. Fayt froze, eyes locked on Albel's. He looked frightening right now, in the dark. “You agreed to stop this. You and Cliff. I didn't.”
Fayt glared at him, his grip on Albel's wrists tightening. “So you'll rape me because you can't have me anymore?”
Albel's eyes widened. His arms went slack. He wrenched his arms away from Fayt and got off of him. “No. Never,” he whispered.
Fayt sagged in relief. Or was it disappointment? He wanted Albel. He knew that—very well. And it hurt like this. Why did he have to say that? Now he had stopped… and some part of Fayt hadn't wanted it to stop.
The Elicoorian sighed to himself. Fayt wasn't interested after all. No, he was, he just fought it. Well, he was no good to him if he had to force him. Fayt had to come to the mutual conclusion that ending their rather off-beat relationship was stupid if they all felt the same way. And that, he had to decide on his own. Albel stood up and went over to the couch. He picked up the blanket that had fallen to the floor earlier and lay down, back to Fayt. Fayt rolled over, trying to ignore it.
The guilty feeling permeated his being. They should both be on the bed. Moreover… they should both be doing something more than sleeping right now. Stupid! Why had he said that? Should he just leave it be? He turned his head and looked at Albel on the couch. He really didn't want to leave it be.
He sat up. “A… Albel? Are you awake?”
“Mm-hmm,” he grumbled.
Fayt cleared his throat. “Will you… come back to bed, Albel?” Only silence from the other. The Earthling looked down. “Please? I'm sorry I said that… I just…” He looked up. “I really do want you.”
Albel sat up, but his back was still to Fayt. “Then will you talk to Cliff about revoking your previous decision?”
Fayt hesitated. That was asking an awful lot. It had been his idea, and talking to Cliff about revoking it would just be… But hadn't he regretted the decision as soon as he made it? And it wasn't like Fayt didn't want Cliff too. He nodded once. “I'll talk to Cliff.”
Nel had been right-on. She had specifically insisted that he convince Fayt to talk to Cliff instead of Albel convincing both of them. This would be much more effective. She had said that it had been Maria's idea too, so he had to give her some credit as well. Things were definitely looking up from earlier. He stood up and walked over to the bed. Fayt moved over. He still hadn't zipped his shirt up again. Albel glanced at Fayt's exposed chest. He had said that he wanted him.
Albel pulled off the rest of his clothes and crawled on to the bed. He leaned over Fayt. Fayt lifted his head up and kissed Albel. “I'm sorry,” he whispered. “We never should have parted.” I want to be with you.Both of you.
“It won't be long,” Albel said quietly. “The three of us will be back together soon. Remember to talk to Cliff.” The last bit he said quite seriously and sternly. Fayt nodded that he would, his fingers trailing along Albel's bare torso. The blanket separated them, but not for long. Fayt's clothing was in the way, but soon it was lying carelessly on the floor. Fayt's limbs wrapped around Albel.
Albel's fingers probed between Fayt's legs. Fayt looked up at Albel. “I can't wait for that,” he pleaded. I thought I was going to lose you forever. Fayt pushed Albel up and leaned forward, his head between Albel's legs. He trailed his tongue teasingly along the Elicoorian's perfectly toned thighs, nibbling playfully at his skin. He ran his tongue along Albel's erect member, covering the head with his mouth. For a bit, he only teased him, and then worked at lubricating him with his saliva. Albel gave a sharp gasp, jerking his hips. Fayt gagged, tilting his head back a bit to calm his gag reflexes. He sat back and pulled Albel back on top of him. Albel positioned himself with one hand, kissing Fayt's lips softly.
Fayt took a calming breath, releasing the tension in his thighs to make entry smoother. He gasped at the rough entry, cringing when the other pushed all the way in. For a brief time, Albel just held him, patiently waiting for Fayt's pain to fade. When it did, he rocked gently in and out of him until Fayt was ready for something faster paced.
A thin sweat was breaking out over Fayt's body as he panted with need. “Harder,” he whispered. Albel was only too happy to comply with that demand. Fayt choked back a wail, suddenly wishing he didn't have to. Maybe one day… But not now anyway. As Albel pounded in to him harder, it became more and more difficult to keep from crying out. Face flushed, he covered his mouth with a hand as he tried to choke back his wails of pleasure. Fayt's back arched. Albel licked Fayt's nipples, running his fingertips along his thighs. Fayt was trying so hard not to be too loud—and he looked good with his face flushed in so much pleasure.
“Harder!” he cried, pushing back against Albel. Sweat dripped from Albel's brow, wetting his hair as he met the other's demands. How demanding little Fayt was being—but at least he was so eager. “Harder!” Albel kissed Fayt, then pulled back, resituating to a better position. He disentangled himself from Fayt and balanced his ankles on his shoulders. Now, he could give in to Fayt's lusty demands. Albel took a deep breath before he knew he wouldn't get the chance to. Fayt refused to wait for him. He held on to Albel's waist and slid back and forth on him, shuddering, gasping. Albel moaned.
The Elicoorian grabbed Fayt's hips and pounded in to him, making the bed shake. Fayt groaned loudly, then clamped his hand over his mouth to muffle the scream that erupted from his throat—unable to hold it back. He released, still screaming and panting. His scream—what Albel could hear of it—had been delicious. He moaned. He liked pleasuring Fayt, and he liked seeing how desperately Fayt tried to be quiet, and he loved it when Fayt couldn't do it because of what he was doing to him.
Albel twisted, jerking his hips one last time before he reached his limit. He sagged, breathing hard. He fell down beside Fayt. They panted, trying to catch their breath before they fell asleep in a tangle of sticky limbs.
 
While all that was going on, Nel and Maria drug Sophia to Maria's room. There, they had a “girl night.” This was all part of Nel and Maria's brilliant scheme to brainwash—that is, change—Sophia's mind about boys on boys.
For a while, they did typical girl things, such as paint each other's toenails. The distinct smell of nail varnish permeated the room. Maria had found just the right shade of red that matched Nel's hair and Sophia was busy applying it to her toenails. It was kind of nice to do something girly once in a while. Both Maria and Nel had to do so much dirty work—like fighting and whatnot—that it was kind of nice to do something feminine for a change.
“I used to do this with Mirage when I was younger,” Maria commented as she dug through her nail varnish, trying to find a good shade for Sophia. “Once, Cliff came back to Diplo drunk and passed out in the hallway. Mirage and I painted his toenails bright pink.”
Sophia giggled. “I used to blackmail Fayt in to sitting still while I painted his fingernails,” she said.
“How about this one?” the blue-haired girl asked the brunette as she held up a bottle of deep purple varnish.
“Oh, I like it!”
“Perfect.” She set it aside and started trying to find one for herself.
“We should put on some music or a movie—or something,” Sophia suggested.
Maria felt pleased. She hadn't even had to bring it up. She got up from the floor and walked over to her computer, flipping through her movie database. “I have a new shounen-ai,” she commented. “I haven't seen it yet—how about that?”
Sophia wrinkled her nose. “What's `shounen-ai'?”
“I'll put it on and you can find out for yourself.” Maria sent the movie to her television. The screen flicked on and started playing the movie. Maria adjusted the sound.
“Now, Nel, you're not allowed to move until the paint dries,” Sophia said severely. Nel inspected her freshly painted toes. “What do you think?”
“You're good at this,” the redhead commented.
Sophia smiled, pleased with herself. “Thanks. Who's next?”
“You are,” Maria said. “Nel, can you pick one for me?”
“Certainly.”
Sophia got comfortable, feet exposed. She glanced up at the screen and watched for a while. It took her about fifteen minutes in to the movie to get the idea of what shounen-ai was all about. “So… Wait, is that really a boy?”
Maria glanced up, then back at the brush and Sophia's toenails. “Yep.”
“And the other one is a… boy?”
“Oh, yeah. I'm a big shounen-ai fan.” She finished off one nail casually. “Two boys kissing and stuff is—well, hot.”
Sophia wrinkled her nose. “How is it `hot'?”
Nel jumped in to the conversation. “Do you like boys?”
“What? Well… yes…”
“What about two cute boys together?”
She blinked. “Well… Yeah… I… guess so.”
“Do… say… Fayt and Albel look good together?” Nel asked suggestively.
Sophia giggled—a little nervously. An image of what she had seen by accident flashed before her mind's eye. Um… Well…”
Maria rolled her eyes with obvious delight. “Oh, yes. They look great together.” Now might be an appropriate time to mention that Maria is a FaytxAlbel type of fangirl. This has no influence whatsoever on the plotline, but it's an interesting piece of information nevertheless.
Nel schooled her facial expression to something more teacher-like and looked at Sophia intently. “So, what if they were… embracing?”
Maria's toes curled in glee. Sophia had a weird expression on her face. “Well… That's sort of… unlikely… with Albel's personality… I mean…”
Little did she know. “Ignore his personality. Personality is not a factor. Just picture them together.”
Sophia's mind trailed back to the threesome image, then did a 180 and went to something much more softcore not involving Cliff, as he hadn't been added to the equation yet. “Well… I suppose… I see what you mean.”
Good. Now imagine them leaning in for a kiss.”
“What!” Sophia cried. “K-Kiss?”
Nel scowled. “Yes, `kiss.' Just do it.” Sophia obediently did so. “Now what do you think?”
Sophia glanced at the television, watching the absolutely adorable main character doggedly chase after the really hot guy of his dreams. Perhaps… there was something… attractive. But that image of the threesome still had been a little too much for her and it tainted her mind badly. Like doctoring a photo, her mind suddenly shaved out everything but Fayt and Albel, then shaved off everything from mid-chest down and slapped clothing on them. Much better! In fact… Sophia blushed. “Well… I suppose that's… sort of… appealing…”
Success! Well, some success. Sophia wasn't a raving yaoi fangirl who needed Boys Love like life's blood yet, but she seemed to be a little more accepting. The peer pressure must have helped.
Maria felt pleased. Very pleased. She glanced up at the screen. “Sophia, watch the movie,” she instructed. Sophia looked at the screen. Nel looked up out of curiosity. The two boys were, at this time, leaning in for their first kiss. Sophia's mouth dropped in astonishment. Not astonishment that the two boys were kissing, surprisingly, but “astonishment” because she wasn't astonished that they were kissing.
The kiss ended. “What do you think?” Nel asked Sophia.
Sophia's face coloured. “Well, that's not bad. But… what about like…” Her mouth twisted as she tried to think of what to say. “What about things that… go farther than that?”
Maria shrugged a shoulder. “That's `hentai.' Hentai is pretty good sometimes,” she admitted. “I like softcore and hardcore—depends on my mood. But plenty of fans can't stand the hardcore.”
Sophia frowned. “But what about in real life?” she wondered. “What if that happened in real life?”
Nel shrugged. “Well, what's wrong with that? If they're happy, then it doesn't matter.” She glanced at her toenails, which were dry. “If you like someone, it shouldn't matter if they're the same sex as you.”
Maria gave Nel a vague thumbs-up.
A knock was at the door. Mirage poked her head in. She smiled upon seeing Maria actually doing something more befitting of her age. It felt good to see her doing something that most teenagers did. She needed a break once in a while. “Don't stay up too late. We'll have a long day tomorrow.”
Maria smiled in that Mirage was coming with them. Did they need to work on Mirage too? Yes, Cliff was involved; they needed to work on Mirage. “We won't. We'll just finish this movie and go to bed,” she assured her.
What are you watching?” she asked, leaning in the doorway casually.
“A shounen-ai I recieved from my `yaoi group,'” Maria answered.
Mirage laughed. She had known Maria liked things like that. “You and your boys love.”
Maria pointed at her with the small brush. “Hey, two boys are cute together.”
Mirage laughed. “You don't want boys. You wantmen.”
Maria and Nel laughed good-naturedly. Sophia felt embarrassed. “Sophia still isn't quite sure how she feels about it,” Nel commented.
“'There is no girl who doesn't like yaoi,'” Maria quoted. She raised an eyebrow at Mirage. “Right, Mirage?”
The blonde chuckled. “Personally, I like my men to look like men, but you're probably right about that. Goodnight, everyone.” This meant that she didn't like Albel very much, by the way, and is more likely to be a FaytxCliff sort of fangirl.
They said their “goodnights” and Mirage went to bed. After the movie, Sophia headed to the bathroom and Nel stayed behind to help Maria pick up the varnish.
“That worked out well,” Maria said.
Nel nodded her agreement. “Mirage seemed pretty accepting too, so maybe this won't be as difficult as it sounds.” Now is as good a time as any to point out Nel's personal pairing preference, considering that everyone else's preference was accounted for already: She was a CliffxAlbel type of fangirl. For the record, Sophia was still undecided.
Maria nodded. “Sophia is coming around. We'll do some more peer pressure though. And it'll take some work getting the three of them back together again.” She considered for a moment. But about the fangirl-ism, Nel and Maria really liked the threesome best. The entertaining thing was that the two of them had, in hushed tones, giggled to themselves about relationships between the three as it was, and when they found out that there was more truth to their “stories” than they had believed, well, that was just fantastic. “Could you check in with Albel in the morning—see how tonight went?” She grinned at the thought that something good may have happened. She was a little mournful that there wasn't a security camera in the room whose footage she could watch later though.
Nel smiled, pleased. “Yes, I'll do that. We need a plan to work on Cliff now.”
“Leave it to me,” Maria said. “I'll think of something.”
Little did she know that things were already in motion; Fayt had agreed to talk to Cliff after all.
 
The next morning, as planned, Nel went to get an update on the situation from Albel before they left Diplo. He said, in so many words, that things had most definitely improved. Nel raised an eyebrow and took that to mean that something sexual had happened. She wasn't at all wrong. She, in turn, updated him on Sophia, and mentioned Mirage briefly as well.
“Fayt agreed to talk to Cliff about revoking their decision to disband our relationship,” Albel added.
Nel perked up. “Good. That'll make things a bit easier. Keep it up.”
Oh, I will.”
 
In fact, at that very moment, Fayt was standing in Cliff's room, preparing to speak to him. He hesitated, then thought briefly of Albel. He looked at Cliff miserably. How was he going to do this?
“If you have something to say, say it,” Cliff insisted. “You came in here. Now tell me what's up.”
He sighed. “It's about… Well, you… Me… Albel…”
Cliff frowned. “Fayt, it was your idea. I agree that we need to move on.
Fayt ground his teeth. “No. I've thought about it—really thought about it. Albel is right. If we're so concerned about other people finding out, why'd we do this to begin with?” he wondered. For the first time, it really made sense. It truly made sense. Was he embarrassed to say that he had had sex with Cliff and Albel? Yes, a little. But being with them was blissful. Why was that something to be ashamed of? He enjoyed being with them. So why hide it if he was happy? And if either of us was really more interested in Sophia—or Mirage—then why did this start anyway?”
Cliff didn't know what to say. He just stared at Fayt, trying to come up with a good answer for both of those questions. None came to mind. Not a single retort. It had struck a cord with him.
“Please, Cliff…” You were my first, Fayt thought desperately. Don't do this to me.You got me in to this. Don't… I was happy with the three of us together. Can't we be together?”
Finally, the Klausian pulled himself together. “We're three different species. All of us live in different parts of the universe. After this adventure is over—presuming we win anyway—what would you do? Even if we did `come out of the closet' with our relationship, as it were, what then?”
Fayt was silenced temporarily. “…” He found his voice suddenly. “We'll figure it out when we get there. For the time being, can't we just `be'? Can't we just be happy, especially if we might die soon?”
Cliff fell silent again. Part of him wanted to give in, but he knew that the repercussions may not be worth it.
Fayt took a deep breath. “I'm going to go. Would you think about it?”
It was all Cliff could think about.
 
Fayt looked sullen to Albel, which meant he had probably spoken to Cliff and it hadn't gone too well. They teleported out of Diplo down to Aquaria. Albel found an opportunity to ask Fayt about it during a small battle with one of the Executioners roaming around.
Nel, Cliff, and Maria were taking down the Executioner and Mirage was filing her nails listlessly as she sat on a rock apart from them. Sophia was sitting by Mirage, but was silent as she thought about, in an analytical way, BL.
Albel stalked up to Fayt. “You talked to Cliff?”
Fayt stared at him. “Yeah. It didn't go too well.”
“I gathered.” He shifted a little, waiting for Fayt to continue. Fayt glanced back at the battle and seemed to have no inclination to speak. That bad, huh? Tell me about it.”
The Earthling shook his head in despair. “Cliff hardly spoke to me.” He sighed. “He said it was my decision originally. And… that we're three different species—from different places.” He laced and unlaced his fingers anxiously, fidgeting. “Also, he asked me what we would do if we win.” He looked up at Albel. “What would we do? Each of our homes is on a different planet.”
Albel started to reply, shut his mouth, and wondered. Good question. What would they do? After all… What was the best course of action? He didn't care too much about staying on Elicoor, but what about the other two?
Fayt had several ideas on the actions to take. One, was to just continue this relationship—with or without Cliff and preferably with—and go their separate ways after the mess with the Creator was sorted out. Option two was to end it once and for all. He didn't like option two. Option three… Option three involved the three of them together, but how? And where?
He was still sorting out “Option Three.” The last option was unclear completely. Was there even a way to make that last one happen?
“I feel miserable,” Fayt muttered under his breath.
An expression of deep concern and sympathy exactly failed to cross Albel's face. After all, when he heard the word “sympathy” he often had to search for a dictionary, metaphorically speaking. And, seeing Fayt so miserable, while it made him want to cheer him up, he also felt sort of happy in a sadistic kind of way. Not out of any particular malice—today anyway—but because Fayt now looked precisely how Albel had felt when Fayt and Cliff called off their relationship, and misery loves company. “You should; it's your fault,” he said, harsh as ever.
Fayt gave him a look that would have made anyone else hug Fayt out of sheer sorrow. Albel, however, was unaffected. He usually kicked people who looked at him like that. Please, Captain, ten minutes! No. You won't get to have a break on the battlefield. You won't have a break here either. Which was usually when the man in question fixed him with that particular look, and he kicked him in the kneecap and told them to take a run. That won't work on me. You fix things with Cliff.”
Remind me again why I like you,” he said sarcastically.
Albel glanced at the others. No one was looking. Albel leaned forward and darted his right hand a little up Fayt's shorts, brushing suggestively against his thigh. Fayt shuddered. “This is why.”
Fayt looked at him. Albel removed his hand. He had that feeling again that Albel really only liked him as a sex toy. He sighed and looked away. “Do you want to be with us because you like us, or just because you want to get laid by us?”
Albel blinked. This had not been a question he had anticipated. Moreover, it was more than the sex, and that was why he was hesitant to answer. “Don't ask stupid questions, maggot,” he snapped and stalked away. Fayt frowned at him, wondering if that meant “the former” or “the latter.”
After some deep thought and serious speculation, he realized that it was “the former.” He smiled contentedly. Albel was just too out-of-touch with his emotions to admit to something like that. All the same, it still meant something to Fayt, even if he hadn't said it aloud. He suddenly felt rejuvenated and ready to tackle the “Cliff problem” again with renewed energy and determination.
After all, if even Albel felt the same way Fayt did, there had to be some hope for Cliff too.
Fayt's sudden mood change was quite noticeable to the Black Brigade Captain, and he found his behaviour suspicious in the extreme, not to mention disturbing. Hadn't he just snapped at him? What had Fayt derived from that remark? What had he interpreted it as? When Fayt smiled lovingly at him, it made him so uncomfortable that he had to break eye contact and slink to the back of the group again, away from his gaze.