Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Ocean 3 ❯ Chapter Eighteen: En Fin? Not Quite. ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Eighteen
En Fin?Not quite.
 
Past the door was Luther, and it was soon revealed that he and Blair were siblings. Blair adamantly defended the Eternal Sphere, pleading with him to leave them be. Luther had none of it.
The conversation between Blair and Luther bothered all of them, as he went on and on about how they were nothing but game characters, data. Maria was probably the most affected; she knew about computers and programs. She had the most vivid idea of what it meant. But, as Sophia had put it, if they dropped a dish, it still breaks. They still felt pain, and could think for themselves, and still had emotions.
And so, the creation rebelled against the creator and a fight ensued. Blair seemed mortified. She had seen that they were fully capable of killing four dimensional beings, and while Luther was destroying their galaxy and everything they knew, he was still her brother.
Luther put up a tough fight, but their combined strength defeated him.
The Owner, astonished, reeled. Unable to be convinced of their right to live, he decided to just delete everything and start all over. If the other programmers had been there, they might have cried at all their hard work going to waste. He seemed as if he were more than slightly insane and needed to be admitted in to the nearest mental hospital and highly medicated.
Needless to say, a second fight followed the first, this one more difficult. Luther seemed to be powered by the madness driving him, an insane desire to destroy the Eternal Sphere.
The fight was tough, and they very nearly almost lost, but in the end, persevered. They had to. Luther passed away, but it seemed as though the destruction he had unleashed before was cascading throughout the Eternal Sphere.
Blair, horrified, announced their doom, each place that no longer existed, whole societies vanishing. They looked at each other, waiting for the time when they, too, would cease to exist.
Fayt reached out and touch Cliff's chest. It was still there. He felt it. Was that really just a program too? He ran his hand over Albel's arm. He was still there. But something seemed strange.
He felt thin, like, somewhere, something was being pulled away from the whole, but then the whole was being separated, and…
But they existed. They might just be programs, but they believed that they existed. Fayt gripped Albel's arm. His fingers dug in to Cliff's shirt. The other two looked at him, then each other.
For an instant, shading vanished, shapes vanished, colours bled together, then there was nothing.
There's nothing left. Everything's completely vanished. Life, air, even
my own body no longer exists. Absolute nothingness. Hmm? Nothingness? So
nothing really exists anymore? But, if that were true, than what about this
thought? This thought is real. And now, I'm aware of this thought. So, there is
something left. There has to be. That means that I'm still alive, Fayt thought joyously.
Fayt opened his eyes to see Sophia smiling down at him. “Welcome back, Fayt!”
They greeted each other. His eyes fell to Cliff and Albel, then to everyone else. He looked around. They were in a green field somewhere—on a planet like Elicoor or maybe even Earth.
No one really knew what had happened. Maria and Sophia had worked out a way that this could be. Their idea would put any psychologist, astrophysicist, or anyone who thinks analytically instead of artistically gibbering in the nut house, but it sounded good. If their minds were real, and they believed in their minds that what they saw as the universe was real, then it was real. So they were still alive. For the record, this means that the universe is only what they make of it and nothing more. If one of them decided that it should rain Swiss cheese and almond cookies from now on, and believed this was so, it likely would have been so (at least to some extent). Like I said, “gibbering in the nuthouse.”
They didn't really know exactly where they were, but they assumed it must be somewhere on Elicoor. Maria fiddled with her communicator, and actually managed to contact Diplo. Marietta picked out their coordinates and they weren't far from Aquaria, so they decided to walk there.
Fayt felt really good about this. They had done it. They had saved the Eternal Sphere. He suddenly spun around and threw himself at Cliff, kissing him. Cliff kissed him back and set him back down. Fayt peered up at Albel, waiting for him. Albel leaned down and pressed his lips against Fayt's. Albel and Cliff looked at each other, then they kissed too.
Now everything was over. The threat had been dealt with. Everyone could move on. Then his mood darkened a little. But move on to what? He wanted to see if his mother was still alive. He wanted to see if Sophia's parents were still alive. He wanted to go home.
Cliff was anxious to get back to Diplo. He wanted some relaxation, maybe some normalcy. And no underdeveloped planets. He glanced at Albel. At least for a while anyway. He wanted some technology. He grinned as he decided what he would do next.
Albel didn't much care where he was or what he was doing. He would be content to stay on Elicoor, he supposed, but happy to go with Fayt or Cliff, preferably both, anywhere else. He had experienced a taste of the universe outside Elicoor, and he had enjoyed it. He was anxious to see more.
They passed through some country that Nel recognized and she led them through it right to Castle Aquaria. She went to report, and the others sort of split up and milled about for a bit. Fayt decided he would go take a nap. He saw Albel on his way to the castle.
“Oh, I'm surprised you're still around,” Fayt commented. Albel scowled. “Sorry—I just thought you'd bolt off to Airyglyph.”
He shook his head a little. “No. I will, but not yet.”
Fayt stretched. “I'm going to go take a nap,” he said, attempting to walk past him.
Albel walked beside him. “No you're not.”
The Earthling scowled. “Yes I am. I'm going to bed.”
The Elicoorian grinned. “Oh, you're going to bed all right, but you won't be napping.”
Fayt actually liked the sound of that. “All right. Let's go find Cliff.” They set off in search of him. They found him in a couple minutes, walking the halls in the castle. Albel informed him of what they were up to. Cliff grinned and went with them to their room.
Cliff slammed the door shut. Fayt and Albel were pulling off each other's clothes. He watched them for a moment, then grabbed a chair and propped it against the door to keep away unwanted visitors.
Albel leaned down, licking Fayt's nipples, teasing the nubs with his teeth. Cliff licked his lips in anticipation, feeling a part of him stretch seeing them both naked and fondling each other. The blonde peeled off his clothes and kicked them aside. With both hands, he lifted the two of them, grunting with the effort. They weighed well over two hundred pounds together—which was awkward to lift at once. He dropped them on the bed. Then he smiled. He picked Fayt up, and with his other hand, laid Albel down on his back. Albel looked at him, a little confused. Cliff set Fayt down on top of Albel, positioning the Elicoorian with one hand, lowering Fayt on to him with the other. Fayt squirmed, back arching. Cliff watched Fayt writhe on Albel for a minute or two, watching the two of them pant, sweat, and moan.
Cliff moved his fingers along himself, wondering how long he should wait. He could really appreciate the view like this, and they just looked fantastic. Albel jerked his hips up, bouncing Fayt on him. Fayt cried out, then pushed down against Albel, moving using his thighs and hips. Albel groaned, his fingers gliding along Fayt's legs. Cliff climbed on the bed with them and moved Albel's legs a little farther apart, taking the time to appreciate the well-toned muscle of his thighs and calves. He watched Fayt again, drinking in Fayt's sweat-slicked naked body.
Dampening the area of his intent with saliva, and then combing it over himself as well to make entry easier (he made a mental note to buy some lube later), he eased himself inside Albel. Albel shook, moaning loudly. Cliff wrapped an arm around Fayt's waist, moving Fayt in rhythm with his own body. Albel ran his fingers over Fayt's erect member, stroking him, making sure that the uke got as much attention and pleasure as possible.
Cliff pulled back almost all the way. Albel's breathing quickened in anticipation; he remembered this. Cliff watched him tremble, waiting impatiently. Albel growled his impatience, jerking against him. The movement also moved Fayt. Fayt cried out, the cry ending in a moan. Fayt leaned back against Cliff. Cliff kissed Fayt's neck, lifting him with both hands, then slammed in to Albel, dropping Fayt. Albel screamed, but the cry was choked off as Cliff's fingers wrapped around his throat, heightening Albel's pleasure. Albel panted, moaning, gasping, and occasionally gagging as Cliff pounded relentlessly in to him, holding Fayt against him, kissing Fayt—any and every part of Fayt that he could reach.
Fayt cried out loudly, gasping, pushing against Albel, thrusting in to the Glyphian's hand, leaning back against Cliff. He panted, jerked his hips again, and came, hard. It spilled over Albel's chest. Albel moaned, chest heaving. Fayt slid against him until he stopped. He panted. He freed himself from Cliff's arms and tumbled out of bed, spent. He heaved himself on to the other bed and fell over, watching the other two. Cliff leaned over Albel and kissed him. The Elicoorian threw his arms around Cliff, wrapping his legs around Cliff's waist. Cliff took him like that for a time, then lifted him up. Albel moved against him, writhing in pleasure.
Cliff lifted Albel off of him. Albel pouted. Cliff stood up, bending Albel over the bed. He leaned down, ramming back into him. The entire bed pitched forward. Albel cried out. Fayt looked up, watching intently.
Cliff hauled back on Albel's rat tails, jerking his head back. The Glyphian moaned. Cliff used his hair like reigns as he took him. He slapped him in the rump, groaning when the other clenched around him. Albel gasped. Fayt felt blood beginning to rush back down to his groin.
Cliff leaned over Albel, moving as quickly and as hard as he dared. Albel pushed back against him, groaning. Fayt felt his cock stiffen again. Cliff's thighs were beginning to ache from the position. He scooped Albel up again. Fayt, not missing an opportunity, hopped back on the bed.
Albel eyed Fayt with a lusty look in his eyes. “Ready again so soon?” he cooed. Cliff jerked his hips. Albel moaned, arching his back. Cliff dropped him down nearly on top of Fayt. Fayt cried out in surprise. Albel smothered the cry with a kiss. He shoved Fayt's legs apart and pushed back inside him. Fayt shuddered, moving his hips against him. He grabbed on to Albel, moving himself against him. Albel moaned, then gasped as Cliff entered him again. Cliff's fingers wrapped around his neck, his other hand pinching his nipples, then moving down to his thighs, rubbing the taught muscle.
Cliff leaned back, tensing himself, then forced himself into Albel. The Elicoorian screamed, releasing inside Fayt. Cliff pumped in and out of him as he did too. Fayt shuddered. Albel's hands encircled Fayt, moving on him, kissing him. He teased him to climax. The three migrated to the other bed, lying together, panting and trying to catch their breath.
“Who wants to go again?” Cliff asked between breaths of air. “In a few minutes?”
The other two didn't answer. Cliff looked at Fayt. He was dead asleep, and Albel was fading. He smiled, and got comfortable, letting his breathing even. Maybe when they woke then.
However, waking from their nap, they were all more hungry than horny, so took off for some food. After lunch, Fayt took a walk. Cliff headed up to the Diplo.
Albel walked up to Cliff. “Leaving so soon?”
Cliff grinned. “Nope. I'm doing something for you and Fayt, and everybody else too.”
“What's that?”
He scowled. “If I told you, it'd ruin the surprise.” The swordsman scowled in turn. “At any rate, I need to go up to Diplo to do it.”
“I'll go with you.”
“Fine.”
 
Little did the threesome know that Maria and Nel had installed a tiny camera with a battery system in the corner of the room just a few hours before, putting it in the corner to record as much action as possible. The feed went straight to Maria's computer terminal on the Diplo. The camera was motion-activated and only turned on to movement to conserve the battery. Maria found the recording an hour or two after the actual event happened. She was pleased by its first recording, and immediately went to fetch Nel. She teleported down to Elicoor and found Nel in Castle Aquaria. The two hurried up to her room. Twenty minutes later, they were sitting on the floor, in front of Maria's television screen, eating snacks and sipping beverages of their choice as they watched their boys love hentai.
However, little did they know that Fayt had wanted to ask Maria about a few more things—how she had come to find him being one of them, perhaps a bit more about herself. He also wanted to ask her if she would be so kind as to take him somewhere.
In a typical Fayt-like manner, Fayt didn't knock before entering her room. His attention was immediately drawn to the screen. He stared in the doorway, shocked, horrified, and appalled. He was so appalled that he couldn't move, and his face couldn't decide whether it wanted to go ashen or redden. It finally decided on red. He covered his gaping mouth with one hand, eyes wide. The girls chuckled, a little awkwardly.
Cliff saw Fayt and went to greet him. He paused at the door, hearing sounds he knew sounded pretty familiar. His gaze fell to the screen, and the two grinning girls. The grins were slightly nervous, though. Cliff's jaw fell open. He just hoped that Albel didn't…
But Albel had been aboard Diplo with Cliff, and saw Fayt and Cliff in the doorway. Curious, he walked over to them and glanced inside. He stared at the screen. He looked to Nel and Maria, their grins now quite distinctly nervous. He glanced from Fayt to Cliff, observing the horrified expressions on their faces. He realized that he could end their horror if the screen were gone. Albel pushed Fayt aside and reached for his sword.
Maria threw her hand out, casting her power toward her television, and, as a second thought, her computer, and just in time.
“Air Slash!” It was rendered ineffective, however. If Maria's power rendered a gun shot at point blank ineffective, then it was pretty damn indestructible.
Albel shrugged. Well, I tried. He sheathed his sword and sat down beside Maria and Nel. He watched the screen for a moment and pointed at Cliff. “See! Look at Fayt! You need to work harder!” he accused. There was one brief moment where Fayt had a blank expression on his face. This was actually because he was so dizzy, but it looked like he was bored.
Cliff frowned. “You were the one…” His voice faded as he decided to stop there and then. Trying to convince Albel to see reason after he had decided that something was “so” was like trying to peel a potato with a toothbrush. In fact, peeling the potato with a toothbrush just might be easier. Oh, forget it.”
Albel stared back at the screen. “And, Fayt, you need to—“
Fayt fled from the room before Albel could finish his sentence. Cliff tore off after him. The door slid shut. Albel shrugged and looked back at the screen. The girls decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth and went back to watching it too. Albel occasionally provided commentary on the video.
 
Fayt ran and hid in Cliff's room. He collapsed on the chair, hiding his face from no one in particular. The door opened, but it was just Cliff.
Neither of them said anything for a while. Finally, Cliff broke the silence. “Well, that's going to make things real awkward now.”
The Earthling looked up. He had a flat look on his face. “It may have helped if Albel weren't in there watching it with them,” he said.
“If it bothers you, we could always go `kidnap' Albel.”
Fayt paused as he considered this. “Why were you two up here anyway?”
Cliff shrugged a shoulder. “I was doing something, and Albel came with me. What about you?”
“I wanted to ask Maria if she would be so kind as to drop me and Sophia off somewhere to look for our parents.”
Cliff paused. Ah, so that's how it was. “Oh.” He glanced at the door again. “Well, do you want to go `kidnap' Albel?”
Fayt considered. Right now, the Elicoorian was watching porn with Maria and Nel. He did not need to be doing that—ever. “Yeah, let's go.” They made up a quick plan and snuck off down the hall. Each of them stood at either side of the door. Fayt opened it and they ran through. Not looking at the screen, Cliff grabbed Albel, threw him over his shoulder, and ran off back to the sanctity of his bedroom. Fayt came after them. The Klausian dropped Albel on his bed.
Albel glared at him. “What the hell!?” he demanded. Cliff sat down in his chair and ignored him, trying to decide what to do about Maria and Nel. Ah, first, get rid of the camera.
“Hey, Fayt, let's go find that camera.”
“Okay.”
“You too, Albel,” Cliff instructed.
“What if I want to stay here?”
Cliff stood up, glowering down at Albel, who was not intimidated in the least. “I didn't give you an option. You can walk, or I'm going to carry you.”
Albel started to cross his arms defiantly, realized his gauntlet was in the way, so crossed his legs instead. “Hmph.”
“Well…” Cliff heaved Albel up again, throwing him over his shoulder. Fayt smiled up at Albel. The Elicoorian growled at him. Cliff carried him out of the room. He glanced at Albel's legs, hanging limply, then his eyes trailed up a bit farther. He slipped his hand inside Albel's skirt, massaging his thighs and buttocks. Albel punched him in the back, but couldn't really get enough momentum for the swing to be very effective. He couldn't reach his sword either. Fayt frowned at him. They teleported down to Elicoor and before they entered Aquios, Cliff set Albel down. Albel punched him in the stomach and stalked off, toward the castle, grumbling something about “decapitating the ape.”
They found the camera in the corner of the room. Fayt waved a sarcastic hello at it before Cliff smashed it. Albel slunk out of the room.
Something suddenly occurred to Fayt. He knew very little about the other two. “Hey, Cliff…” he said.
“Hmm?” the other answered.
“Tell me about yourself. Like what you were doing before we met.”
Cliff frowned. “Why?”
Fayt shrugged. “I don't know very much about you and Albel. I'd like to, so could you tell me a bit?”
Cliff sat down and got comfortable. He decided to highlight a bit of his life, his training, joining Quark, being leader of Quark, rescuing Maria, letting her take over when she was older, and such. “Your turn.”
Fayt shrugged a shoulder. “I'm sure you know enough about me. I'm a college student. Pretty ordinary I guess.” Cliff raised an eyebrow. “Well, ordinary aside from the symbolical genetics thing. But, ordinary. I like video games…” Cliff laughed in irony. Fayt scowled. “I have a pretty… nuclear family, I guess.” He paused. “'Had,' I should say.” Suddenly, all the grief from all the loss hit him. It was all over. It was time to grieve, finally. He looked down. “Hey, could I be alone for a while?”
Cliff paused, looking at him. He kissed Fayt's forehead before he left the room. Fayt let all the loss hit him, and the full brunt of his father's death hit him. His mother was probably still alive. Sophia had mentioned something about how her parents and his mother could be on a different planet somewhere. He needed to look in to it. Still, not knowing if it really was his mother… Well, he felt orphaned actually. Yes, he was technically an adult. But he was still a kid too, and he felt orphaned.
He didn't cry, per se. All the tears were gone. Instead, he sighed deeply, and fell on to one of the beds. He curled up in a fetal position, trying to cope with the complete idea that his father was gone forever.
 
Cliff passed Albel in the hall. Albel frowned. “Where's Fayt?” he wondered.
The Klausian jerked a thumb back towards their room. “He wanted to be alone for a while.”
The Elicoorian's frown deepened. “How come?”
Cliff sighed. “We were talking, and he reminded himself of his father. So now I guess he's finally grieving for him.” He glanced back at the room. “He's been suppressing it for a while, so it's only natural, I suppose.”
Albel's eyes tried to soften in empathy, failed, and hardened again. “Hmph.” He turned on his heel and walked away. Cliff noticed that he was headed for the room Fayt was in. Albel poked his head inside, glancing around for Fayt. His eyes came to rest on Fayt. The kid had apparently fallen asleep. Albel quietly stepped inside. He crept over to the edge of the bed and peered at Fayt. His eyes were red and a little puffy, but not wet, and he wasn't very relaxed either. Nightmares? Quite possibly. Albel reached out a hand to wake him. He paused. Was it really the right thing to do?
Fayt groaned, tightening further into a ball. He heard a strangled cry escape Fayt's throat. Albel shook his shoulder gently. Fayt jerked in surprise, then calmed when he saw Albel. “Oh…” he murmured. He glanced away. “Hi.” Albel struggled internally for a moment. Words failed him, so he grabbed Fayt, hugging him close to him. Fayt wrapped his arms around him briefly, then pulled away. He smiled weakly. Albel sat down beside him. “I asked Cliff to tell me about himself, then I started talking about myself… and…” Fayt stopped. He composed himself and changed the subject. “Tell me about yourself.”
Albel stared at him for a moment. “I'm here. That's all you ever need to know.” He rose to his feet and left the room.
Fayt suddenly felt determined to find out more about him. And if Albel wouldn't say anything, he had a pretty good idea of who could. It involved a small journey elsewhere, but he felt determined.
 
Albel mentioned something about going back to Airyglyph. Fayt volunteered to go with him. Naturally, Cliff tagged along too. Maria warned them that they were leaving in a few days though. They made good time and got to Kirlsa on the first day. They stayed at the inn for the night.
“Haven't you ever been curious about Albel's past?” Fayt asked Cliff.
“Not really,” he responded absently. “If he wants to tell me anything, he will.”
“I see.” Fayt dropped the subject and went to take a walk alone. Cliff saw Fayt go in to Woltar's mansion. Cliff raised an eyebrow and continued walking. He made a trip to the workshop and took the long way back to the inn. He passed Albel on the street.
“Hey, Albel, you may want to go defend your honour,” Cliff said, jamming a thumb behind him at Count Woltar's mansion.
“Why?” he asked suspiciously.
Cliff grinned. “Fayt was going to ask him about you. How long has the guy known ya?”
Albel all but vanished as he sprinted for the building. Upon seeing him, all the soldiers potentially in his way vaulted out of his path. He came tearing up the stairs and paused at the top, listening. The door was slightly ajar.
“… Ah, yes. I remember Albel when he was only about yeh high…” A slight chuckle. “Peering up at me from behind his father's leg…
Fayt giggled.
The door was suddenly thrown open. Albel glowered at them. Woltar was unperturbed and thus continued. Something about remembering Albel being carried by mommy and daddy sort of diminished any fear he might have had otherwise. “Rotten little brat he was too,” he went on. Albel snarled at him. “Glued to daddy's leg.” He smiled knowingly. “Oh, how times change.”
Tell me about him growing up,” Fayt urged, glancing back at Albel and smiling at him.
“No,” the Captain of the Black Brigade snapped.
“I wasn't asking you. You wouldn't tell me anyway,” he complained.
“Exactly. Come on, Fayt.”
Woltar smirked. “Once, Albel fell down the stairs outside, just the short flight of steps on the patio. Scraped his knee and his elbows up pretty bad.” He laughed. Albel's face reddened, as he remembered. “You should have heard—“
Albel snatched Fayt by the collar and hauled him out of the room. “But I want to hear the rest of the story!” Fayt whined.
“No!”
Fayt pouted. “But what happened?”
“I was three, worm,” he answered flatly. “Naturally, I cried.”
“You can cry?”
“No.”
Albel pushed and prodded him down the stairs. Fayt sighed and followed the urgings, a bit against his will. The Elicoorian shoved him toward the front door. “But this is my only chance to find out about your childhood…”
“Try asking me sometime,” he muttered.
“But you won't answer,” he pouted.
He shoved him out the door. “You can still ask, fool.”
Fayt frowned, then said. “Then tell me about when you were a little kid. Did you have a mullet then too?”
Albel kicked him down the stairs of the patio.
While all this was going on, Cliff asked Maria about his little plan. She confirmed that the situation was a “go.” Excellent. This was just what everyone needed too.