Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ A Grievous Tale ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 3:
A Grievous Tale
 
The Master Chief floated through the hatch into the ship from space, exhausted. He pressed the big red button and watched the hatch close, then leaned up against the wall, taking in deep, controlled breaths.
 
“What's wrong? Too many Flood?” Cortana asked. From a pedestal standing between the two control seats she appeared with a wink. Her body was in a pink hue and codes scrolled along her body. Her holographic hair had been grown out to her shoulders. The Master Chief straightened up.
 
“What's with the new look?” He asked. Cortana looked around, and suddenly remembered her hair.
 
“Oh, yes well, I thought I needed a new look.” She said and smiled. The Master Chief walked to his seat and sat down, nearly falling asleep right then and there. “Those Flood sure know how to take it out of you huh?” She asked. The Master Chief took another deep breath.
 
“It wasn't Flood; I didn't even fight a single Flood. It was…something else.” Cortana crossed her arms and cocked her head to the side.
 
“Tell me all about it.” She said. John didn't know where to begin, so much happened so fast.
 
“He told me his name was Grievous, General Grievous.” Cortana brought a hand up and stroked her chin, deep in thought.
 
“Hmm…General Grievous. Never heard of it, an Elite general perhaps.” The Master Chief shook his head.
 
“This was no Elite. He wore strong white armor and wore a skull mask. He was so fast; I've never seen anything like it before. And he had these…Plasma Sword-like weapons, only they shot out from tubes, a light saber I believe he called them.” Cortana began to think again.
 
“I believe there were some beings in the past known as Jedi who used a weapon known as light sabers. Do you think you ran into an ancient Jedi?” She paused. “Wait…the Jedi, as well as the Sith, went extinct hundreds of thousands of years ago, how could the Covenant recover something like light sabers?” She kept asking questions John was too confused to answer.
 
“All I know is that he's a general of the Covenant.”
 
“This means…” Cortana said.
 
“We're going to have to kill him.” The Master Chief finished.
 
 
Commander Grievous and his team of three Grunts, two Jackals, and Elite returned. They were surrounded by fellow Covenant, all cheering to see their return. `Jemomee applauded Grievous and `Nakimee approached the cyborg.
 
“How…how did you do it?” The snobby Elite asked. “The Prophet wanted to kill you, but I said we can't, he's so powerful, but he persisted. I'm glad you're back.” Everyone knew he was a filthy liar, but Grievous smiled behind his back, hoping for a promotion.
 
“Might I ask the Prophet for a promotion from a Commander to General?” Everyone stopped, and laughed. Grunts, Jackals, and Elites all laughed, even a few pairs of Hunters were there to laugh at the question. `Jemomee stepped forward.
 
“Grievous, you do know that a Commander is the same rank in the Covenant as a General?”
 
“Yeah.” `Letomee said, laughing. “I'm not a Commander, I'm a Major.” Grievous stared out at all of those laughing at him, except his team of course. He glared down at `Nakimee, who was the one laughing the hardest.
 
“YOU!!” He boomed, which silenced everyone in the room. `Nakimee froze. “You have humiliated and dishonored me you little worm!” He pulled out a lone light saber and ignited it. “I'm going to gut you like the worm you are!” He lunged forward and head butted `Nakimee in the chest. It was amazing that Grievous's head managed to break and crack almost every rib in `Nakimee's chest and cause him to fall to the ground. Grievous's clawed, robotic hand grabbed the Elite's neck and hoisted him up off the ground. The cowardly Elite pleaded for mercy.
 
“Pl-please Droid, please don't…”
 
“DROID?!!” Grievous roared. “You shall not receive mercy from me Worm!” He tossed `Nakimee into the air and just before he landed on the ground, sliced his head off his shoulder.
 
Grievous looked up to all of the surprised and frightened Covenant.
 
“My fellow Covenant.” Grievous boomed. “Let `Nakimee's death be a reminder to all of what I shall do to the Master Chief!” Suddenly the silence was broken by cheers and claps once again, and Grievous was very pleased with himself, he was still a general, almost every Covenant soldier looked up to him, and to the Covenant, was a hero.
 
 
“So Grievous could block your bullets with light sabers?” Cortana asked. “Hmm…you're right, that hardly sounds Covenant to me. Do you think they might've uncovered an ancient Jedi?”
 
“Possibly.” The Master Chief replied. He didn't want to ask what a Jedi was because he knew his head couldn't take all the information Cortana had about ancient races. Cortana closed her eyes and began to search files from her age to hundreds of years ago. “I wonder if a Covenant Plasma Sword could stand up to a light saber.” The Master Chief thought to himself. Cortana's eyes shot open.
 
“Grievous!” She cried. John looked at her. “It says here…that General Grievous served a Sith Lord known as Darth Sideous, and he collected light sabers from Jedi he killed.” She looked as if she were reading it off a screen and brought a hand up to cover her mouth. “Grievous became known to many as the `Jedi-slayer', and was ruthless, merciless general of the Republic. It was like this until a Jedi named Obi-wan Kenobi managed to defeat him in battle and drive him into space.” She looked up to the Master Chief.
 
“How could he survive that long time in space without death or being found by us? He was on our side of the galaxy wasn't he?” Cortana looked back to the unseen screen.
 
“Well it says somewhere in here, the only way he could die was if he or someone else were to damage his few organs, which consisted of heart, lungs, and brain.” She looked back at John. “Do you think it's possible that Grievous's organs were frozen in space, yet he was still alive, making him in hibernation?” The Master Chief thought about it, it was a crazy idea, that was for sure, but after seeing and fighting Grievous, he didn't know what to think anymore.
 
“And he was found by the Covenant.” He finished for her. She continued to calculate data through her mind.
 
“Do you think you could steal one of his light sabers?” She asked. John immediately shook his head.
 
“Definitely not Cortana, his senses are far too high to run up behind and grab a light saber from his belt.” Cortana stroked her chin in thought again.
 
“Do you think…that you could board the Covenant vessel, and steal a Plasma Sword or two?” She asked. John knew that would be a lot easier, that is, if Grievous weren't around to find out. He had cast down many Elites before who carried Plasma Swords, yet he never got the chance to use one. He looked up.
 
“Alright, I'll board that ship, raise some hell, and get out of there with a Plasma Sword.” Cortana laughed softly at John's term, `Raise some hell', and looked back up, placing her hands at her hips.
 
“I'm coming with you.” She said. The Master Chief nodded and pushed a few buttons at the command center, and pulled Cortana's chip out of the computer and pushed it into his helmet. “Ah…it feels pretty good to be back.” She said. John nodded and approached the hatch once more. “Wait.” Cortana said. “If we get into trouble in there, you can't just throw a grenade like I presume you did to escape last time.”
 
“You know me too well.” The Master Chief grunted.
 
“We need to get close in so we can escape easily if we run into trouble, without having to blow up wall after wall.” Cortana stated. He knew she was right, as usual, and returned to the controls. As he turned on the boosters to race toward the Covenant vessel, the Master Chief wondered.
 
“If Grievous was in the time of the Jedi, how did he get to our time?”
 
 
 
Thousands of Years Before
After The Battle of Geonosis
 
Boba Fett squatted down before his father's helmet, the helmet of Jango Fett. He picked it up, sobbing over such a powerful lose, the only one who cared for him in his life was gone now, now he was alone, with no one to care for him like his father did. He set Jango's helmet up against his forehead, feeling the cold metal touch his skin. Sniveling and sobbing, the young boy looked up, seeing no one but feeling a presence, a familiar presence at that. He stood up, tears rolling down his cheeks and still holding Jango's helmet in his hands. He saw a tall and mysterious figure walk from one of the dark chambers within the gigantic fortress his father, along with dozens of others, lost their lives. He knew who it was; the being was a family friend, a very close friend to his father actually. He took off running toward the caped being, and just as he a few feet away, dropped his father's helmet and wrapped his arms around him.
 
“Young Boba, what has happened here?” General Grievous asked. Boba didn't answer, instead he continued to cry, and tightened his grip around Grievous, nestling his head along his cape. Grievous looked up, seeing the dead bodies of countless aliens, Jedi, and three monsters, each one different. Among the bodies, he spotted a headless, silver armored body, and knew it was Jango. He looked down, and saw his friend's helmet as well. The cyborg looked down on little Boba, knowing how much he loved his father, and felt pity for him.
 
“A Jedi Grievous…” Boba sobbed. “A Jedi killed my father.” Grievous's eyes narrowed. His hatred for the Jedi had just been fueled by the death of old friend Jango and he knew what to do.
 
“You may come with me Young Boba Fett. I will care for you.” Boba backed away, wiped his tears away, and nodded. Grievous looked up at Jango's headless body again. “But let us give your father a proper burial.” Usually, he would never have done that, but since Jango was his friend, his only friend, he deserved it.
 
Before they took Jango's body and head and buried it outside of the arena, Grievous took his armor and helmet, knowing that one day Boba would take it and become a bounty hunter like his father.
 
The cyborg and young boy stood beside the mound of padded dirt where Jango was buried, a moment of silence passed them, before Grievous turned and walked.
 
“Come along Young Boba.” Boba Fett took one last look at his father's grave and hurried to catch up with Grievous.
 
2 Years Later
 
After Grievous's Defeat
 
Grievous floated lifelessly through space, defeated by Obi-wan. Luckily when he was built, his creators placed some sort of bacteria on his body organs, so they didn't freeze in space. He had been unconscious in space for about two months now, and was in for a long, long time in hibernation. As he slept, all he dreamed about was the battle with Obi-wan, how he could've tried other tactics to defeat him. Grievous's body suddenly began to spin more quickly, and moved a little faster toward something, as if something was pulling him in.
 
The cyborg's body began to drift quickly closer and closer to a black patch where some stars should be. Instead, the black patch seemed to be a black hole. Grievous's body was warped, and suddenly sucked into the black hole, and disappeared from the galaxy, and would be for several thousand years.
 
 
“There's something floating out there.” An Elite by the name of Huri `Hetamee said to another, whose was actually `Jemomee. `Hetamee was piloting the ship, and held a Plasma Sword and wore golden armor like `Jemomee.
 
“Meteor?” `Jemomee asked. `Hetamee shook his head.
 
“Negative, it seems to be mostly of metallic material.” He said, calculating the robotic figure drifting across the holographic main screen.
 
“Hmm…perhaps a chunk of a ship that was destroyed or, perhaps an android of some sort.” `Jemomee suggested this time.
 
“Go get a team to go retrieve it.” `Hetamee ordered.
 
“Aye sir.” `Jemomee said and nodded, and hurried to get a team.