Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ The Second Battle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 4:
The Second Battle
 
Hular, Mikile, and Yupitar filed out to their cabin, now one less Grunt lived in their cramped quarters. Almost immediately, Yupitar crouched down and curled up into a ball, fast asleep within seconds. Hular and Mikile however, remained awake and spoke.
 
“What do you think of General Grievous?” Mikile asked in his high-pitched, scratchy voice. Hular nodded.
 
“I think we're in safe hands with him around. He's amazing, never in my life have I seen even an Elite compete with him.” Mikile nodded and agreement and curled up into a ball as well. “I wonder what would happen if he were to meet the Demon.” Hular continued.
 
“Never mind that.” Mikile said, slowly drifting away into his dreams. “Now…go to…sleep…” He floated out of this world and into his warming dreams, where nothing could hurt him. Hular didn't feel all that tired at all, not after what he saw Grievous do. He walked past Mikile and Yupitar and into the hallway, careful to bring his plasma pistol as well.
 
 
“Here is the Control Room General Grievous.” `Jemomee said as he, Grievous, and `Letomee entered the chamber, `Hetamee stood at the controls, Plasma Sword in one hand and his other clawed hand touched holographic controls.
 
“Thank you General.” Grievous said.
 
“Oh, actually, I'm not a General, I'm a Zealot. So is `Hetamee here.” `Jemomee replied.
 
“Yes Grievous, you see, blue-armored Elites are Minors, red-armored Elites such as myself are Majors, gold-armored Elites are Zealots, and black and white-armored Elites are of the Special Ops.” `Letomee explained. The Elite known as `Hetamee turned, and smiled behind his mandibles.
 
“Greetings General.” He said and approached them. He padded Grievous on the shoulder, an Elite sign of appreciation. “I have heard of your trial today General, I am quite surprised and pleased to have one of your status and skill in the Covenant.” He looked at `Jemomee. “I am quite glad `Jemomee and I found you Grievous. We can really begin to bring destruction upon the human race.” Grievous smiled behind his mask and brought his fist up, forming it into a tight fist.
 
“I am quite ready to do that Zealot `Hetamee.” He said. As the two Zealots and General discussed their hatred for the humans, `Letomee knew he didn't need to be there and turned. The doors slid open and he tripped over a Grunt. He got up and flared out his mandibles.
 
“Who are you to trip me?” He growled. The Grunt backed away.
 
“But I am of Grievous's team.” He stuttered. Grievous looked over his shoulder.
 
“Ah, Grunt Hular, come, speak with us. You too `Letomee.” The Elites in the room were stunned at the General's generosity in his troops. The Grunt smiled behind his methane breather and dashed over to his leader, `Letomee walked over to the group.
 
“May I ask how do you know a Grunt?” `Hetamee asked. Grievous looked at `Hetamee with golden eyes, then down to Hular, and patted the Grunt on the head for his loyalty.
 
“Asking the names and establishing somewhat of a friendship of your troops, `Hetamee, is key in a battle.” `Hetamee smiled and nodded in agreement.
 
“Wise, very wise of you General.” Grievous's yellow eyes glanced down onto the Plasma Sword `Hetamee carried.
 
“May I see that Zealot?” He asked, reaching his hand out. `Hetamee looked at the Plasma Sword, then to Grievous.
 
“I'm sure you'll get one here pretty soon Gen-“
 
“Let me see it.” Grievous ordered. `Hetamee shakily nodded, and handed his prized weapon to the General. Grievous held the plasma blade up, studying it, and pulled out one of the light sabers he stole from some Jedi thousands of years before. He ignited it and studied the two artificial blades. He touched the Plasma Sword and light saber together, and they did in fact cancel out, much like any other light saber battle. He handed it back. “Interesting, they seem very similar.” He turned off the light saber and placed it back under his cape.
 
“Do you like it?” `Jemomee asked.
 
“It intrigues me. But I am content with my light sabers.” He turned and walked away, and began to cough again. Frightened to be around Elites, Hular followed Grievous out of the control room. The three Elites looked at each other.
 
“He is very wise, he may be was we need to defeat the Demon.” `Hetamee said.
 
“Yes, and as I hear, he came into a little run-in with the Spartan.” `Letomee's eyes widened with interest as the two older Elites talked.
 
“So the rumor is true, General Grievous has met and battled the Master Chief.” `Hetamee concluded. `Jemomee looked over at `Letomee.
 
“Major, you should get some sleep.” `Letomee nodded and turned, walking away.
 
 
Grievous and Hular stood on the second floor of the launching bay, watching through the purplish force fields the darkness of space, dotted with hundreds of thousands of stars. Every once in a while, Grievous would begin to cough wildly.
 
“Are you alright General?” Hular asked, looking up to the General who towered over him by several feet.
 
“Yes, I am fine.” Grievous answered, coughing a few more times before he would contain it.
 
“Is it true General that you met the Demon?” Hular asked. “Was it the one who blasted the doors on board the other ship?” Grievous nodded.
 
“Yes my Grunt friend, it was. He was quite a…” He paused when he saw a grey object fly toward the ship.
 
“What is it General?” Hular asked looked, suddenly he froze as well. Grievous smiled behind his mask.
 
“So he has returned me…”
 
 
“Okay Chief, nothing new, go in, retrieve a Plasma Sword, and escape with a Banshee, we can fight Grievous another day.” Cortana said.
 
“Right.” The Master Chief nodded and snatched his shotgun, he wasn't going to have room to carry the Plasma Sword if he brought his assault rifle as well and he didn't want to sacrifice it either. Again he shot himself out of the ship and glided towards the ship. Once through the force field, he would be back in oxygen so he could turn off his backup supply. So far the ship seemed to be empty, he didn't see Grievous or Hular, and other than them, about half a dozen Grunts patrolled the area. He pulled his shotgun out quickly and landed onto his feet when he passed the force field.
 
“What the…?” A Grunt asked before being brought down by the shotgun's fire. A lone bullet strayed away from the rest and struck another Grunt head on, bringing him down. As he continued to strike down the last four Grunts, Hular's eyes were as wide as they could possibly be.
 
“The Demon.” He said shakily. Grievous's eyes narrowed as he leaped down. “General!” The Master Chief turned, and his heart sunk. General Grievous landed with a loud thud onto the ground.
 
“Th…that's Grievous?” Cortana asked, growing more frightened when the cyborg rose to his full height, a full foot taller than John. This was the second time the Spartan had ever heard her so scared, the first time being when she found out about the Flood on Halo.
 
“We meet again Master Chief.” Grievous said. “I told you we would.” His eyes narrowed and he smiled behind his mask. “Tell me, would you like to fight sword to gun, or hand-to-hand?” He slapped the shotgun out of the Master Chief's hands and punched him across the side of his face, making him tumble over.
 
John landed on his side and rolled over before Grievous crushed him with his clawed foot. Sparks flew when the raptor-like foot crashed into the ground. Getting up, the Master Chief grabbed Grievous's ankle while it was where his head was moments before and spun on his heel. Grievous cried out in surprise as John swung him around and then again in pain when he crashed through bulky crates and then into a support beam, and shattered it with his strong armor.
 
His strength wearing out, the Master Chief released Grievous and let him crash into a pile of packages. The cyborg crashed into the lower package and the crates above him fell down and seemingly crushed him.
 
“General!” Hular shouted. The Master Chief turned to see the Grunt and ran to his shotgun. Hular fired his plasma pistol at the Spartan. Suddenly the packages exploded, flying all around, and Grievous leaped out, chasing down the Master Chief. He pulled out two light sabers and ignited them just as John grabbed his shotgun and turned to fire. The shotgun was sliced clean in half when Grievous's light saber cut it. The end slid off and John tossed it away. Grievous laughed.
 
“Your time has come Master Chief!” He said and raised a light saber. John seized this moment and punched Grievous in the side of his mask much like the cyborg did to him earlier.
 
“Let's get out of here.” Cortana said.
 
“Not till we get a Plasma Sword.” The Master Chief whispered to her. He glanced at Grievous, who was staggering to his feet again, and took off running. Grievous glared at him as he passed through a sliding door.
 
“Heh, you keep making this more amusing.”
 
 
The Master Chief ran swiftly down countless corridors and hallways, checking over his shoulder to see if Grievous was on his tail. Grievous wasn't however, anywhere in sight, and the Spartan didn't like that. After a while, he hid in a dark corner to catch his breath.
 
“We shouldn't stop what if Grievous finds us.” Cortana said.
 
“I realize that Cortana, but I can't keep running at full speed forever.” The Master Chief replied and looked up, seeing nothing.
 
I don't sense any upcoming threats; maybe we are in the clear.” The Master Chief nodded. He rose up and carefully walked down the next few sets of hallways. From the shadows, a rather grievous enemy waited.
 
“What a fool, he has let his guard down.” He thought. In silence, Grievous walked out into the well-lit hallway, and silently leaped up into the shaft to the next level, just before John turned and looked around, and returned to walking. He next had a choice, turned to the left, right, or keeping going straight. The Spartan turned right and the doors slid open, to reveal `Hetamee with his Plasma Sword, and `Jemomee just talking to him.
 
In almost an instant, the Master Chief dashed toward the two Elites and socked `Hetamee before they noticed him. Crying out in surprise and pain, `Hetamee released his Plasma Sword and John caught it.
 
“Got it, now let's get out of here.” Cortana said. Knowing the power of a Plasma Sword and the Master Chief together would be an almost unstoppable duo, `Jemomee backed down, without a weapon, he couldn't hope to kill him. John turned to `Hetamee, who sat on the floor, and readied his weapon.
 
“So, you have obtained the only thing that can hold up to a light saber?” General Grievous asked amusingly as he entered the room, Hular by his side. The Master Chief turned to Grievous, his new weapon raised ready to fight. `Hetamee got up and readied to kill John while he wasn't looking, but Grievous held out his hand to stop him. “No `Hetamee, he is mine.” `Hetamee and `Jemomee looked at him, and backed away.
 
“Tell me Grievous, are you a Jedi?” The Master Chief asked. Grievous's eyes narrowed and he smiled behind his mask.
 
“So you have learned of my past have you Master Chief?” Underneath his cape, he grabbed two light sabers for each hand. He stood up straight, about eight feet, and with one hand that held two tubes, pulled his cape off. Now showing his entire skeletal figure, Grievous separated his arms like before, only this time; a tube was in each one. In unison, the light sabers turned on, showing just some of his trophies from past Jedi, the light sabers in each hand were either blue or green, as the common color was for a light saber.
 
The Master Chief held his Plasma Sword firmly with one hand, and Grievous held all four of his firmly as well.
 
“You will not escape so easily this time Master Chief.” Grievous boomed.
 
“I don't intend to Grievous.” The Master Chief snapped. Grievous smiled again.
 
“Then let us finish this…”